• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node level and Drops

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I started a post on Reddit about this and was curious about it here. I will repost and link:

"I am aware this all can be contributed to RNG. But I'm sharing to see if anyone else has seen similar results.

I am farming for the tree belt. Like a good little grinder i have been investing into the node to get better drops. That is commonly accepted right? The first day at node one i got 2 cornibus gems? 100 health 20 weight chest. Then i upgraded the node to level 5 in a day or two and haven't gotten rare drops since.

Yesterday i reset the node and i got 4 of those gems and more black armor/weapon crystals as well. I mentioned this to my guildies and one reset his black iron mine and got noticeably more black crystals as well. Again could be rng but i was curious if anyone else noticed anything.

I'm not complaining or begging for a belt. I'm ok with grinding until i get something worthwhile but increasing my chances is what the game is about."

Let me know your thoughts on this or if it is a repost. 

Reddit Post

EDIT: In a live QA between PvtWiggles and Daum it has been confirmed that node level does increase rare drop chances. 

Edited by Dashihawk

Posted

node level is written everywhere nothing have to do with rare drops only more junk items and similar

only higher knowledge of mobs can help but also with a S+ of old tree and the other (forgot the name) that drop the belt still remains a RARE drop andRNG related

Posted

node level is written everywhere nothing have to do with rare drops only more junk items and similar

only higher knowledge of mobs can help but also with a S+ of old tree and the other (forgot the name) that drop the belt still remains a RARE drop andRNG related

both things you mentioned are just rumors, nothign is for sure or officiell stated ^^

So the rumors go that S knowledge and Nodelevel can both get you higher chance of rare loot. But its not a garantie and some say at lvl 5 you dont see any change at all you even get less rare drop so its more for junkt items. Others with level 10 node drop rare items and say "yeah it works"....problem is noone rly knows and rare drops with 1% chance or so are hard to "test" if it works or not because its still RNG ^^

Posted

Yes its RNG, but I recommend, believe in invest the Node lvl 10 good ping and less crowded in your server and ensure my Ap damage upgrade from time to time. No one really know after they find out :P  

Posted

I think this is what can increase the chance :D 

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/17079/ 

it can but noone knows if its 20%+ or just 20% of the actual dropchance.

i mean if something has 1% dropchance and get 20% it can be 21% OR most likely 1,2% ^^

Posted

level 10 node = +20% lootz

obviously multiplicative modifier like blessing.

No one knows if loot level affects rare drops tho.

Posted

level 10 node = +20% lootz

obviously multiplicative modifier like blessing.

No one knows if loot level affects rare drops tho.

do you have infos from where you have that number? was it datamined? do you have a table or reddit post? Would know more about if there is rly an actual real number out there finally ^^

Posted

it can but noone knows if its 20%+ or just 20% of the actual dropchance.

i mean if something has 1% dropchance and get 20% it can be 21% OR most likely 1,2% ^^

it is 20% increase of the 0.00001% making it 0,00012% to get item :D 

Posted

it is 20% increase of the 0.00001% making it 0,00012% to get item :D 

correct

do you have infos from where you have that number? was it datamined? do you have a table or reddit post? Would know more about if there is rly an actual real number out there finally ^^

it was datamined long ago, there was a table floating around but i dont have it.

All i remember was that the higher the node the bigger the %. Level 10 gives 3%, 9 2,5% i believe.

Posted

Nothing really is real unless they are Daum/PA's statement.  Most of them, as of now, are pure datamined from people's experiences in game.

Posted

I get more 100hp 20lb gems now that my node is 10 and my knowledge S. Before I was lucky to see one, but now I see one like every hour.

But still no belt and I've been grinding that spot like an addict in need.

Posted

both things you mentioned are just rumors, nothign is for sure or officiell stated ^^

So the rumors go that S knowledge and Nodelevel can both get you higher chance of rare loot. But its not a garantie and some say at lvl 5 you dont see any change at all you even get less rare drop so its more for junkt items. Others with level 10 node drop rare items and say "yeah it works"....problem is noone rly knows and rare drops with 1% chance or so are hard to "test" if it works or not because its still RNG ^^

already did  test me a whole guild and other guilds too here and in korea and in russian servers for months; the only sure thing based in mine experience is that investing in node only get more trash items and crystals nothing have to do with rare items but if you feel happy to spend all your energy for nothing why not do it?

rumors to me is another thread like this asking what is almost known by everyone experienced player but until daum open the book of numbers and algorithms (seems will never do) anyone can believe in anything. I truly believe in what i tried and saw for months because is happening also now.

Posted

already did  test me a whole guild and other guilds too here and in korea and in russian servers for months; the only sure thing based in mine experience is that investing in node only get more trash items and crystals nothing have to do with rare items but if you feel happy to spend all your energy for nothing why not do it?

rumors to me is another thread like this asking what is almost known by everyone experienced player but until daum open the book of numbers and algorithms (seems will never do) anyone can believe in anything. I truly believe in what i tried and saw for months because is happening also now.

as i said, sure you can test things, but until you test it in a statistic way, get numbers of killed mobs (10k+) per with lets say nodelvl 10 and node lvl 0. Its just "i think it is"....no real statement there. Why? sometimes even if nothing changes you get 3 witch earrings in 2 hours and then 5 days nothing....so the raredrops are just rare and RNG is a ----- sometimes, same can be with the gems they are not that rare like the belt but still rare.

As i said there are rumors but no official statement so what you think you see or get can just be luck or maybe the level of the node or just bad luck getting nothing ^^ Sad that daum doesnt tell us if and what nodeinvestment really is for....

Posted

as i said, sure you can test things, but until you test it in a statistic way, get numbers of killed mobs (10k+) per with lets say nodelvl 10 and node lvl 0. Its just "i think it is"....no real statement there. Why? sometimes even if nothing changes you get 3 witch earrings in 2 hours and then 5 days nothing....so the raredrops are just rare and RNG is a ----- sometimes, same can be with the gems they are not that rare like the belt but still rare.

As i said there are rumors but no official statement so what you think you see or get can just be luck or maybe the level of the node or just bad luck getting nothing ^^ Sad that daum doesnt tell us if and what nodeinvestment really is for....

i saw a person not taking buffs and doing from lev 45 to 54 only killing trees x belt with 10L node, kamasilve, S and got 0 belt

also had other examples (dozens here in rus in kor) that proves that investing in node nothing change in rare drops so i don't have the explanation for the algorithm that generates the % of rare drop but i'm almost sure (and i believe in rngesus now) that putting energy in a node nothing have to do with rare drops.

I also farmed with and without ppl who invested in node, with and without buffs, with all party 5 luck and without and there was NO SIGNIFICATIVE importance of rare drop. you can reduce all in have or not have luck but in any case there is not relevant connection with node level so i don't waste energy but if you believe there is as i said before feel free to do it...like titles for enchanting can put on a title and "feel protect" to guess right enchantment or on the contrary use "how much?" to do failstacks but at the end doesnt depend on this if you fail or not (i  did liverto 1 to +15 with" how much" and failed the unfailable with "PRI DUO") only RNG matters.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no S+

Posted

You still cant say "nodelevel has nothing to do with dropchance or rare drops for sure" because you cant be sure with a drop that has maybe 1% dropchance or less ^^ and as i said even IF Level 10 gives you 20% more chance, that would be 1,2% chance for the belt for example ^^ so yeah you cant say anythign for sure here ;)

Posted (edited)

I have S rank on some mobs in hexe but the 3 witches earrings i have got have all been from c rank mobs - i have no energy invested in the node - at the end of the day its very very heavy rng with any any any 'bonuses' make such a small impact. In fact after my first earring i used kami and gm apology and invested in node and farmed for hours - no drop. i recovered my cp from node. i stopped farming and only do hexe once a day for the daily/hourly -thats how i got the other 2. So all 3 earrings have dropped at a low chance but with increased chance i got nothing. 1% or 99% chance does not matter - either you get what you want or you dont.

BUT have you tried farming for a tree belt with an owl horoscope? 

Edited by Burnweed

Posted

There is no S+

i thought as well but a guy told me he got S+ from some mobs

You still cant say "nodelevel has nothing to do with dropchance or rare drops for sure" because you cant be sure with a drop that has maybe 1% dropchance or less ^^ and as i said even IF Level 10 gives you 20% more chance, that would be 1,2% chance for the belt for example ^^ so yeah you cant say anythign for sure here ;)

we are talking about significative importance statistically talking is something that really matters in order to have rare drop...if 100 persons (well prepared in maths and stats) focused to find any possible sign doesn't find nothing and the same things are repeated in korea,russia ,na and eu and multiply this for other maybe 100 guilds tried do the same, maybe you should believe that really there is no significative importance and relations with node level. Wanna do doubting thomas and redo to find it you are very welcome ;) your findings will be the same as thousands ppl already did (can bet if you want)

tried not only for a belt but mos, witch , ogre etc etc so if you find anything relevant don't you think that all would try to get more loot? if you find that in a way you drop 2 instead 1 or 0.000000000000000000000001 more? but when you realized that there is not such relations with node isn't that a discovery too?

I have S rank on some mobs in hexe but the 3 witches earrings i have got have all been from c rank mobs - i have no energy invested in the node - at the end of the day its very very heavy rng with any any any 'bonuses' make such a small impact. In fact after my first earring i used kami and gm apology and invested in node and farmed for hours - no drop. i recovered my cp from node. i stopped farming and only do hexe once a day for the daily/hourly -thats how i got the other 2. So all 3 earrings have dropped at a low chance but with increased chance i got nothing. 1% or 99% chance does not matter - either you get what you want or you dont.

BUT have you tried farming for a tree belt with an owl horoscope? 

The horoscope thing for what i know is not implemented

Posted (edited)

we are talking about significative importance statistically talking is something that really matters in order to have rare drop...if 100 persons (well prepared in maths and stats) focused to find any possible sign doesn't find nothing and the same things are repeated in korea,russia ,na and eu and multiply this for other maybe 100 guilds tried do the same, maybe you should believe that really there is no significative importance and relations with node level. Wanna do doubting thomas and redo to find it you are very welcome ;) your findings will be the same as thousands ppl already did (can bet if you want)

tried not only for a belt but mos, witch , ogre etc etc so if you find anything relevant don't you think that all would try to get more loot? if you find that in a way you drop 2 instead 1 or 0.000000000000000000000001 more? but when you realized that there is not such relations with node isn't that a discovery too?

if you say so, why arent there any statistics out there or real numbers posted somewhere like 100.000 mobs with nodelevel 0 and then with nodelevel 10 with same Charlevel etc pp, no luck blablabla.....because there isnt. signiificant numbers can only be profided by one individual with the same killspeed/amount of mobs with different node levels and a BIG amount of mobs because of the rarity of some drops. Therefore it still will be all just rumor. As i said, there are ppl that didnt change anything(say they have lvl 10 node, 5 luck, all S rank)  and get 3 raredrops on one day and then 1-2 weeks nothing...how would you explain that?! It still is rng and a rare drop chance ;) Till we have someone that datamine the numbers you can be for sure, because ppl that have it at lvl 10 say they get more then before, other says "damn i get nothing since level 5....it sucks i downgrade the node and got 2 witchearrings in 1h" ^^ some even say the nodelevels are bugged because the loottable chances after lvl 5 or 6 and so on ^^

The only thing that is for sure you see a difference in items that you can trade in at NPCs for silver AND the dropped silver itself. These will increase with the nodelevel for sure !

Edited by Myssy

Posted

The only thing that is for sure you see a difference in items that you can trade in at NPCs for silver AND the dropped silver itself. These will increase with the nodelevel for sure !

what i said from beginning :)

...how would you explain that?!

that rng is over any significant-substantial-important (statistically speaking if you know a little the subject) other thing and leveling node have no relevant function in rare drop. To me is a fact proven like the earth is rounded if you believe the earth is flat go on search ...you are welcome :)

Posted

Nothing really is real unless they are Daum/PA's statement.  Most of them, as of now, are pure datamined from people's experiences in game.

No, you don't understand what data mining is, it's not statistics gathered from people playing. Datamining is going into the game files and locating the actual values.

Posted (edited)

I started a post on Reddit about this and was curious about it here. I will repost and link:

"I am aware this all can be contributed to RNG. But I'm sharing to see if anyone else has seen similar results.

I am farming for the tree belt. Like a good little grinder i have been investing into the node to get better drops. That is commonly accepted right? The first day at node one i got 2 cornibus gems? 100 health 20 weight chest. Then i upgraded the node to level 5 in a day or two and haven't gotten rare drops since.

Yesterday i reset the node and i got 4 of those gems and more black armor/weapon crystals as well. I mentioned this to my guildies and one reset his black iron mine and got noticeably more black crystals as well. Again could be rng but i was curious if anyone else noticed anything.

I'm not complaining or begging for a belt. I'm ok with grinding until i get something worthwhile but increasing my chances is what the game is about."

Let me know your thoughts on this or if it is a repost. 

Reddit Post

Ok,. I try explain using todays world context and dilemma.

Nothing can explain how miracle works. Having a good luck charm/ node is more of confidence boost when u facing life threatening onslaughts. (bad loot days )

If you ISIS believer and have strong sense that Mosul and Raqqa wont fall, believe in 99 virgin nodes and grind to your heart content, maybe one day you get rare loot due to investment and commitments. Just one loot enough to believe that you find the spot and grind for life.

If you believe in atheist logic, where science+luck play the roll and you have half confidence to invest in something you dont bother, then this is what is best describing your situation now, too many curious and too many rumours. You come and go and worry maybe it drop. If not I move on to next spot and hope and next and hope.

Edited by OmahaBeach

Posted

Ok,. I try explain using todays world context and dilemma.

Nothing can explain how miracle works. Having a good luck charm/ node is more of confidence boost when u facing life threatening onslaughts. (bad loot days )

If you ISIS believer and have strong sense that Mosul and Raqqa wont fall, believe in 99 virgin nodes and grind to your heart content, maybe one day you get rare loot due to investment and commitments. Just one loot enough to believe that you find the spot and grind for life.

If you believe in atheist logic, where science+luck play the roll and you have half confidence to invest in something you dont bother, then this is what is best describing your situation now, too many curious and too many rumours. You come and go and worry maybe it drop. If not I move on to next spot and hope and next and hope.

Thanks. I guess... I'm not sure what to think about your input. You do have an interesting way of putting things into/out of context. 

Posted

owl horoscope from character selection - it 'seems' that they get them more often - but then humans do try to find a pattern/reason for things when none exist