• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pirate Fanart Contest Thread - is back and up for voting

459 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The first phase of the contest is now closed and the Pirate Fanart Thread has been removed from this subforum in order to clean up and to prepare the voting phase.

No posts have been lost and we will be back soon for the poll.

Edit:
Entries are up for voting:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/79929-pirate-fanart-contest-voting/

All entries, randomized, on a single page : http://votepiratebdo.herokuapp.com/

(may take about 1min to display)

--

Here i made a site where you can see ALL the entries on the same page : http://votepiratebdo.herokuapp.com/

You can't vote directly from the website, and it's not totally perfect, but I made this quickly for you all <3

PS: It may takes time to gather all entries in one page. Be patient, entries are com- displaying...

Edited by CM_Praballo
14 people like this

Posted

@CM_Praballo How long will we have to vote for our favourite drawing? Also would it be a problem if we upload drawings on our personal blogs/art pages?

Posted

@CM_Praballo How long will we have to vote for our favourite drawing? Also would it be a problem if we upload drawings on our personal blogs/art pages?

I already posted mine on my art page first before i posted it here because of art stealing. I'm sure it will be alright but it would great if someone can confirm if it's ok.

1 person likes this

Posted

there is a chance to know which 20% range has been chosen? if it's for all firt placeholders, or middle or final part? just for reserve time of who is already out of competition. Thank You in advice

Posted (edited)

there is a chance to know which 20% range has been chosen? if it's for all firt placeholders, or middle or final part? just for reserve time of who is already out of competition. Thank You in advice

20% will be chosen after the votes. Now they just gather all valid entries in 1 place for voting. After that, the top 20% most voted will move to final stage.  Placeholders did not have any relevance.

Edited by Lilitrix
1 person likes this

Posted

cant wait

Posted

Will we only have one vote or can we vote for all the ones we like?

1 person likes this

Posted

good luck to everyone :D cant wait to see who got first place

Posted

I can't wait to see all the entries I might of missed! :D

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hope we are not limited to 10 votes/likes per day like in general in the forums, one runs out on them so fast.

Looking forward to the whole thing, good luck to everyone! :)

good luck to everyone :D cant wait to see who got first place

It's not over yet, there will be a thread with all the pics and there people can like them, and the top 20% of those will be the ones that the GMs pick the winners from, at least that's what the original post said in the old thread.

Edited by GreenSkadi

Posted

Actually I expected everybody to have only one vote... : P

Posted

I hope that it is indeed restricted to 1 vote per account. Yes, some people will still abuse it with multiple accounts but it will keep people from voting daily for the same entry if the thread is up multiple days/a week or more for voting. Vote stacking shouldnt be allowed. Just my 2 cents.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually I expected everybody to have only one vote... : P

Hm, true, possible that they do that, will be difficult to just vote for one entry though, there were quite a few nice ones.

I hope that it is indeed restricted to 1 vote per account. Yes, some people will still abuse it with multiple accounts but it will keep people from voting daily for the same entry if the thread is up multiple days/a week or more for voting. Vote stacking shouldnt be allowed. Just my 2 cents.

Vote stacking still isn't possible even with the vote system the forum uses now, you can't like a post more than once, you can just like/unlike it.

But yeah making multiple accounts would still be a problem, even if one only had one vote.

We'll see how the voting will work, hope it will be as fair as possible.

1 person likes this

Posted

Totally. Out of respect for the people who actually invested time in this. Another reason why only the players that bought the game should have access on the forum.

3 people like this

Posted

Well if it's only one vote pretty much everyone will be voting for their own lol.

Posted (edited)

Well if it's only one vote pretty much everyone will be voting for their own lol.

Just be happy that there are 1) a lot of people that will be disqualified immediately and 2) several of us artists that purposefully didnt enter but will be able to vote.

So while many can and prolly will vote for their own stuff it is those of us on the outside that will be the true deciders as well as the CMs with their final vote. Otherwise everyone would be in the top with a tying 1 vote and there would be no point. :P

Bet some people were wishing now that they werent such jerks in the other thread. ;) Jerk-like saying so, maybe, but "just sayin" lol.

Edited by Cyr'Ren

Posted

I'm still wondering how the vote will go, not because I want to know how many votes we will be allowed to give, but how many drawings will there be :D and how will they put them together. I mean there were at least 40 good ones, not talking about the trolls (just submissions for 7-day costume), which I'm not sure if will be eligible for voting but they can't discard them either. I'm veery curious. 

Give us the voting thread already! >< 

Posted

I really hope this doesn't all come down to a popularity contest. I'd hate to see good pieces not make the top 20% because of petty stuff like that.

Hopefully that will be considered once the public voting is over and done with.

2 people like this

Posted

I was definitely glad to be a part of this contest, and I hope that reflected in my entry.  Although I don't have the popularity aspect covered (which is fine by me), I'm proud of my submission.  There's also lots of other very beautiful entries submitted by talented artists, and I wish all of you luck!

4 people like this

Posted

YES! So glad to hear to finally see an update regarding the art contest.

Good luck everyone!

Posted

I really hope this doesn't all come down to a popularity contest. I'd hate to see good pieces not make the top 20% because of petty stuff like that.

Hopefully that will be considered once the public voting is over and done with.

My feeling is it will be. Even though I entered I know about 6 people all up, one of which also entered lol. It's a real shame they decided to go with a peer vote. I'm worried the top 20% is going to be filled which trash and the good pieces (mine not included there) will be passed over

2 people like this

Posted

Look forward to seeing the poll! Hope its announced on the main website so people don't miss it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hope they announce in game too lol. The more general public voting for the best pieces rather than for their friends is better.

Bet some people were wishing now that they werent such jerks in the other thread. ;) Jerk-like saying so, maybe, but "just sayin" lol.

Ya that thread was way outta hand, many people were being jerk-like, even myself included. So much pre contest tempers flying lol. They should have just had it so they submit your art through private message. I hope they learn for next time :/ . I still think you should have submitted something, it's a shame you didn't now you won't even get a costume.

1 person likes this

Posted

oww a public vote i thought daum's team would pick the winners ah well..good luck everyone who took the time to draw, personally i dont think i will another one as the dead line being pushed back again and again really put me off. 

Posted

I made a suggestion thread about events last week. It touched a few different things but I didnt really go into the way contests were set up with judging and I should have so if you guys have ideas and thoughts about this stuff please definitely post it there.

A lot of these things (the voting) are happening because people in old contest threads were giving the CMs a really hard time and saying they (the CMs) voted for crappy entries. Little did they realize that it is even worse this way. Some want the popularity contest because it helps them if they have a large guild etc but most know it isnt fair and causes drama.

So please comment even if you dont agree with anything I originally posted or your comments are are new items/things concerning events. Most of us want these to continue but we want them to be "as fair as possible".

1 person likes this