• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pirate Fanart Contest Thread - is back and up for voting

459 posts in this topic

Posted

How soon is soon? =)

Posted

For those who uploaded their work on an art page. Put in the description that it is for the black desert fan art contest.
I don't know if they'll read it but just to be safe on that part.

Posted

Been waiting eagerly for an update! I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a popularity contest and I hope that they don't solely rely on votes when looking for winners but rather use it as a sort of guideline. Good luck to everyone that entered, can't wait to see all the entries nice and organized in a thread. ^^

Can only people that purchased the game be able to vote? And how will it work with the 10-per-day votes we get in forums?

3 people like this

Posted

In my opinion this thing with votes is not a good ideea bcz people can create multiple forum acc and vote themselfs anyway gl to all of u guys

Posted

In my opinion this thing with votes is not a good ideea bcz people can create multiple forum acc and vote themselfs anyway gl to all of u guys

not just that...  in this type of contest always win the one with more friends and contacts...  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Guys pls. 

The votes ONLY go towards which of the top 20% will be considered by the mods. It is the moderators who will decide the winners for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. 

I am sure those worthy of being in the top 20% will get to the top 20%. And those which aren't are hardly going to be picked by the mods to win.

Edited by Ithildiel

Posted

Yes but someone who has many friends to vote them into the top 20% will take the place of someone who might be more deserving to be in the top 20% so therefore they won't be in the running for first second third. This is the thing, I think I did a pretty good job on my painting but have absolutely no friends in game because I am a busy person and don't get to play a lot. Now, someone who has 20-30+ friends in game can ultimately make a stick figure and have all their friends vote and then my entry will get bumped out of the running for the top 20%. Personally I think the voting system is a little unfair, but I still tried my best hoping that I will make it into the top 20% based solely on my talent alone :$. We'll see what happens during the voting stage *fingers crossed*

2 people like this

Posted

heard somewhere that was an internal vote, so for partecipants only. This can evade multi-accounts' votes and a "win-win" offered by 'friends of friends'. Thus not is?

Posted

The vote page should be made on the website, not forum, and only accounts that purchased the game can access the voting option. That will eliminate bot accounts. But won't happen of course :P

1 person likes this

Posted

heard somewhere that was an internal vote, so for partecipants only. This can evade multi-accounts' votes and a "win-win" offered by 'friends of friends'. Thus not is?

Only way this would work was if they had a way to:

1) Make it so only owners of entries in the contest could vote.

And most importantly...

2) Make it so they CANT vote for themselves at all.

Im not sure if it is actually possible to rig the forums to do something like that or not but I guess we'll see. Because the problem I see with that was stated here before...everyone will just vote for themselves thus there wont be a top 20%. Everyone will be tied with one vote lol. 

Or best case scenario you'll have a couple people here with moral integrity that will get screwed when they vote for someone else like they should and everyone else votes for themselves.

IMO they should do like SWG used to if they continue with contests like this. They (SWG mods) had a special email that was 100% for forum contests. You sent your entries there. They were never posted on the forums thus no drama. And they were 100% voted on by the staff and ONLY the winner was posted on the forums after. So there was no squabble saying "Oh my picture was better than that one" etc etc. It was totally legit and fair.

Posted (edited)

ty for the explanation.

PS: If we must trust the human ethics, so we might not all these problems :P

Edited by Cumana

Posted (edited)

IMO what they should've done is put a category for 'fan favorite winner' (or winners) and then the  GM-selected winners ( 1st place - 10th place? I forget what was in the first page)

Edited by Rivana

Posted

not just that...  in this type of contest always win the one with more friends and contacts...  

yup true

Posted

Well I'm done, i have no friends nor contacts ;_; *cries in a corner*

3 people like this

Posted

Just remember anyone who wants to advertise this contest needs to ask for people to vote in genral, not for their entry.

Let's say you ask your guild to check out this contest,

What you should say:

"Hey guys, did you know on the Forums there is a Pirate Art contest? You all should check out all the cool entries and vote for your favorite!"

What you should NOT say:

"Hey guys, I entered a contest on the forums, go there and Vote for me! My entry is 15th from the top on page 2."

In the end though contests like this will never be fair. The way i see it is its not like it really matters who wins, its nice to see artists come together and share their creations on a certain topic. I think it was worth it no matter who wins. Just as long as its not stolen or traced art I will be fine DX

1 person likes this

Posted

i wont win xD

Posted (edited)

Just remember anyone who wants to advertise this contest needs to ask for people to vote in genral, not for their entry.

Let's say you ask your guild to check out this contest,

What you should say:

"Hey guys, did you know on the Forums there is a Pirate Art contest? You all should check out all the cool entries and vote for your favorite!"

What you should NOT say:

"Hey guys, I entered a contest on the forums, go there and Vote for me! My entry is 15th from the top on page 2."

Neh, people are not fair like that. Even in entry stage some people posted their entries in BDO facebook groups like "This my entry please, plz give it a like on the forum" or something like that  and so on. They won't do different on voting stage. Some individuals will still advertise their entry trough their social media.

And CMs simply can't control that.

Edited by Lilitrix

Posted

There are Facebook BDO groups? LOL see I am totally out of the loop :(

I think I will come too if I don't get any votes haha

Posted

Neh, people are not fair like that. Even in entry stage some people posted their entries in BDO facebook groups like "This my entry please, plz give it a like on the forum" or something like that  and so on. They won't do different on voting stage. Some individuals will still advertise their entry trough their social media.

And CMs simply can't control that.

Yeah that was kinda my point. People won't really do the proper thing and advertise the contest in genral DX. I am sure people will even be making facebook posts like "Go vote for me!".

Posted (edited)

This corner might get crowded... I'll bring snacks.   ʕ ି ڡ ି ʔ

Edited by Pikzeloid
1 person likes this

Posted

Best of luck to all of the -PROPER- contestants!

I have to say, I wanted to enter, but seeing the lack of control over the event, all the piracy, filtering of screenshots and just all of the all around...Drama...I wound up not entering. For those who actually put in the time and effort and put up with all of the BS, I applaud you and truly wish y'all luck! ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

This corner might get crowded... I'll bring snacks.   ʕ ି ڡ ି ʔ

Sweet :). Bring popcorn, I have a feeling we might need it lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Though I'm not at all arsed by making it into the 20% or otherwise, I'm content with being involved and seeing everyone's work come to fruition throughout. (As well as the SALT OF THE BRINY DEPTHS infecting everything, my goodness what a time! And the hilariously obvious thefts, could this have gotten more THEMATIC?) I'm a good sport and will happily be voting for whomever strikes me the most aesthetically, hopefully the CM's bring their best and crown the ones most deserving asap, the anticipation slays me lmaooo. :1

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not really fair to say to people to vote for their favorite too, because some works looks amazing, but don't really match with the contest, and what Daum wants at the first place.

I mean, we had to draw/do something about BDO AND pirates. Not only BDO, and not only pirates, and some drawings only match with one of the two themes even if they are really great.
We all know that people will vote for the best looking one, CM will probably not because they gave us two themes and will make sure we have met their conditions.

So... the 20% top will probably be chosen by its visual quality, and winners by the respect of the two themes CM gave us :<

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not really fair to say to people to vote for their favorite too, because some works looks amazing, but don't really match with the contest, and what Daum wants at the first place.

I mean, we had to draw/do something about BDO AND pirates. Not only BDO, and not only pirates, and some drawings only match with one of the two themes even if they are really great.
We all know that people will vote for the best looking one, CM will probably not because they gave us two themes and will make sure we have met their conditions.

Based on the contest rules, entries that are not both: BDO+pirate , they might not even be considered legit and they won't be included in the voting stage.