• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pirate Fanart Contest Thread - is back and up for voting

459 posts in this topic

Posted

Well whatever happens, i will be voting for the piece i like the most that is pirate themed and BDO related together, and not just a character selfie in a pirate outfit, nomatter how amazing the art is.
Some of the art that was entered was absolutely stunning, but a lot of them was just selfie art >.> Its nice and all but... it doesn't quite do it for me. I'll be looking for something more outside the box.

2 people like this

Posted

Based on the contest rules, entries that are not both: BDO+pirate , they might not even be considered legit and they won't be included in the voting stage.

Totally forgot this part, sorry :P 

Posted

Well I'm done, i have no friends nor contacts ;_; *cries in a corner*

I've got no friends either to vote, so that's me in the corner as well  lol

3 people like this

Posted

It is sad that unfortunately usually the winning drawings are from those with bigger guilds to vote for them or just better at spamming in social media for people to vote for them.

I participated with a 100% drawn art by me, no screenshots based, trace or what not were involved in the process but if it is ok for people to post in Facebook for others to vote for them, I am not against using it as long as it is an acceptable procedure and as long as you believe in your work and really made an effort on competing fair and square in this event.

Posted

It is sad that unfortunately usually the winning drawings are from those with bigger guilds to vote for them or just better at spamming in social media for people to vote for them.

I participated with a 100% drawn art by me, no screenshots based, trace or what not were involved in the process but if it is ok for people to post in Facebook for others to vote for them, I am not against using it as long as it is an acceptable procedure and as long as you believe in your work and really made an effort on competing fair and square in this event.

But i don't understand people who post their work in social media asking them to vote...
How can someone take pride in winning a competition which is based on skill, due to asking people to vote for it?
That is like begging people to compliment it using the vote system, without them being given an option to vote for what they really consider to be the best.

That is almost, in a way, admitting that you have no pride in your work. It is almost like straight up giving up on yourself, if you have to rely on asking people to like your art. Which imo, is kind of sad. What happened to people taking in pride in their work?
I think those who feel the need to ask for votes, are those who need a little tap on the shoulder, and reminding that its their work, their creation, and something they should be proud of.

3 people like this

Posted

art contests = painting at your own risk ^^

Posted

I much prefer actual real art competitions with a judge, none of this voting nonsense....People's Choice art competitions are never fair. I once entered a people's choice art competition at an event in my hometown and people who entered got their whole families, nieces, nephews, cousins aunts uncles brothers sisters mothers fathers etc all to vote for them lol. Also the general public usually don't know the concepts of art they just vote for what looks nice. They know nothing about color theory and composition and whatnot. So I'm not taking much stock into this contest. I have won real awards from real judges, I know I am a good artist and I have pride in my own work. So just a message to all the people who put a lot of work into their piece don't think you are not good if you don't get many votes. On a different day with a different crowd of people the outcome might be very different. Keep your chin up and be proud of yourself ;). Peace.

7 people like this

Posted

I hope that it is indeed restricted to 1 vote per account. Yes, some people will still abuse it with multiple accounts but it will keep people from voting daily for the same entry if the thread is up multiple days/a week or more for voting. Vote stacking shouldnt be allowed. Just my 2 cents.

We had to resort to use the Like function, everyone can vote a single artwork only once but more than one artist can be supported.

I already posted mine on my art page first before i posted it here because of art stealing. I'm sure it will be alright but it would great if someone can confirm if it's ok.

That's no problem. We did not specifically ask for unpublished art.

Posted (edited)

You screwed up once again.

I'm sorry but I am not going to see all the 55 pages and I bet that other people are not going to do that either.

ESPECIALLY IF THERE ARE STICKMANS IN EVERY F*CKING PAGE

first placeholders are going to win, that's for sure.

Edited by Kaid3n
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Mine ended up on page 30 dayum. Wishing I had grabbed a placeholder now LOL. Also kind of wishing they had actually done this...the other way around? Picked what they considered quality, then let us have our votes. A lot less pages that way! :D 

Good luck everyone haha! Excited to see who gets the most votes either way.

Edit: Oh and I mean, I know they weeded through some entries, but I'd rather they had picked the top 20% themselves. 

Edited by soryko
2 people like this

Posted

Wait a second. I can't belive what you did with the voting. So all the first pages will get all the votes cuz of the annoying and unfair place holder posts from before. For this kind of contest you need to place all stuff on same page so people can see all at ones and pick what they like. Who on earth will check 55 pages? Many people put so much effort on this and then first person with decent art will get all votes. I really think this is beyong unfair. :/

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

You screwed up once again.

I'm sorry but I am not going to see all the 55 pages and I bet that other people are not going to do that either.

Don't see all the pages, just look at... let say... page 34.

*flies away*

Edited by Keehjma

Posted (edited)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but these screenshots have nothing to do here. This is fanart for drawing digital or not. As someone who spent 72+ hours on my piece of art I'm a bit frustrated to be put on the same level as someone spe ding 1 hour max to edit his character on Photoshop. 

And imo the time for voting is way too long considering the fact that ppl from 15-55 page are kind of dead zone if not at least 300 people go through all these pages which are extremely long....I got to page 32 wanting to support everyone I can but it felt like I went through 55 already.

Edited by Starlin
Trying to delete the unwanted drawing from the post!

Posted (edited)

If ignoring 'popularity contest' thing...

Ok, 55 pages? Let's be honest, people are not gonna check all 55 pages.

UPD: Ok, stopped at page 42 - can't vote anymore for today. ¬¬

Edited by Maylia
1 person likes this

Posted

Bump

Posted

Wait a second. I can't belive what you did with the voting. So all the first pages will get all the votes cuz of the annoying and unfair place holder posts from before. For this kind of contest you need to place all stuff on same page so people can see all at ones and pick what they like. Who on earth will check 55 pages? Many people put so much effort on this and then first person with decent art will get all votes. I really think this is beyong unfair. :/

Have faith. I just checked most of the thread. Missed about 5 pages worth I will check out later but need to go out for a bit for now. RL calls. And Im pretty sure I voted for your pic lol but cant remember. That was a lot of art lol.

I ran out of likes though for now but will be back when they replenish and will spread them accordingly. :)

That said, I did notice that the CMs didnt fully clean the thread. There are many people that have their entry in there 2-5 times. This IMO could potentially screw them in the voting. If the CMs didnt clean it to begin with then they prolly wont pay attention later and add up votes from different posts (say you get 10 likes on one post and 5 on another and 15 on another).

So....if I were everyone entered I'd go thru and edit any extra posts to clear them so you only have one solid entry for people to vote on. You could be screwing yourself otherwise. Just my humble opinion of course.

Posted

Have faith. I just checked most of the thread. Missed about 5 pages worth I will check out later but need to go out for a bit for now. RL calls. And Im pretty sure I voted for your pic lol but cant remember. That was a lot of art lol.

I ran out of likes though for now but will be back when they replenish and will spread them accordingly. :)

That said, I did notice that the CMs didnt fully clean the thread. There are many people that have their entry in there 2-5 times. This IMO could potentially screw them in the voting. If the CMs didnt clean it to begin with then they prolly wont pay attention later and add up votes from different posts (say you get 10 likes on one post and 5 on another and 15 on another).

So....if I were everyone entered I'd go thru and edit any extra posts to clear them so you only have one solid entry for people to vote on. You could be screwing yourself otherwise. Just my humble opinion of course.

I can understand it's hard to clean it, but we can all wait. It better be properly done. It's an art contest it can't be done like this. Little people will be like you and vote. Tbh it would be more fair for only GM's to pick the winner. Somebody with many friends can easy get all the votes too.

Posted (edited)

All entries, randomized, on a single page : http://votepiratebdo.herokuapp.com/

(may take about 1min to display)

--

Here i made a site where you can see ALL the entries on the same page : http://votepiratebdo.herokuapp.com/

You can't vote directly from the website, and it's not totally perfect, but I made this quickly for you all <3

PS: It may takes time to gather all entries in one page. Be patient, entries are com- displaying...

Edited by Keehjma
8 people like this

Posted

what O_o 55 Pages... and not clean (my WIP is still there -_-)  

now I understand this placeholder war

not fun -_-

Posted

Uhm guys... I don´t really know how to feel about this. My entry is on page 50 and I feel like nobody is going to go that far or has likes left until then. I mean, you´d need to come back every day and look through the remaining pages and run out of likes again and come back and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I´m seriously very upset and frustrated right now. Bad, just bad.
:C Sheesh.............

Posted

Here i made a site where you can see ALL the entries on the same page : http://votepiratebdo.herokuapp.com/

You can't vote directly from the website, and it's not totally perfect, but I made this quickly for you all <3

PS: It may takes time to gather all entries in one page. Be patient, entries are com- displaying...

Guys, this is actually pretty awesome. Definitely better than the 50+ pages. I have to admit, I gave up after 30 pages or so. So I'm sorry to all you guys on pages 30-55 >_> Maybe when I haven't stayed up for 24 hours I'll go back through it.

The only downside to this is that it still has to include all the MS paint stick figures. I don't mean that to offend anyone's art but you guys get my point.

Posted (edited)

Guys, this is actually pretty awesome. Definitely better than the 50+ pages. I have to admit, I gave up after 30 pages or so. So I'm sorry to all you guys on pages 30-55 >_> Maybe when I haven't stayed up for 24 hours I'll go back through it.

The only downside to this is that it still has to include all the MS paint stick figures. I don't mean that to offend anyone's art but you guys get my point.

Thank you!

I added a new feature: randomized entries. It takes a little (a lot) longer to display, but now it should be more fair for everybody.

If it takes too long for you to get the entries, I may enhance the whole thing this week-end. Please tell me.

Edited by Keehjma

Posted

Mine's on the #53 which is like, the end of the thread. First ones will get most views probably. I'm just gonna cry in a corner now okay? ;-;

Posted (edited)

Btw, there are about 1373 entries. The top 20% is about 275 entries. You could have chosen the winners directly x)

Edited by Keehjma
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but these screenshots have nothing to do here. This is fanart for drawing digital or not. As someone who spent 72+ hours on my piece of art I'm a bit frustrated to be put on the same level as someone spe ding 1 hour max to edit his character on Photoshop. 

And imo the time for voting is way too long considering the fact that ppl from 15-55 page are kind of dead zone if not at least 300 people go through all these pages which are extremely long....I got to page 32 wanting to support everyone I can but it felt like I went through 55 already.

I hope, you dont mean my art from page 2? tho mine is screenshotbased, its still a drawing.

Edited by Sanivia