• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pirate Fanart Contest Thread - is back and up for voting

459 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Come visit me near the bottom of page 52, you don't want to miss the drunk otter pirate. ;)

But yeah that's a lot of pages to look through, I like it though that you can like multiple pieces too many good ones I'd hate to choose between, I enjoy showing my appreciation of a nice artwork even though it's only through a like.

Good luck everyone! :)

Also, as I already ran out of likes for today, great work @Keehjma that's a lot more visibility for the artworks than in the actual thread, very nicely done!

Edited by GreenSkadi

Posted (edited)

All entries, randomized, on a single page : http://votepiratebdo.herokuapp.com/

(may take about 1min to display)

--

Here i made a site where you can see ALL the entries on the same page : http://votepiratebdo.herokuapp.com/

You can't vote directly from the website, and it's not totally perfect, but I made this quickly for you all <3

PS: It may takes time to gather all entries in one page. Be patient, entries are com- displaying...

Your effort is much appreciated! Thank you.:x

Edited by Lilitrix
1 person likes this

Posted

I hope, you dont mean my art from page 2? tho mine is screenshotbased, its still a drawing.

I don't mean anyone in particular. My aim is not to point fingers at people who still tried to do something good. I'm just a bit frustrated knowing the hard work I put in my piece, is all. I mean no disrespect ^^ But I understood only original artwork/drawings are allowed. If I'm wrong, please correct me. 

Posted

Going through all the pages in the thread is really annoying. I prefer the page Keehjma created. 

Sad to see there are still some stolen one that had already been reported and have nothing to do with pirates or BDO like the blatant copy of Rose from Tales of Zestiria and the copy of Assassin's Creed 3 art.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/79929-pirate-fanart-contest-voting/&do=findComment&comment=1106776

http://steamtradingcards.wikia.com/wiki/Tales_of_Zestiria_-_Rose

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/79929-pirate-fanart-contest-voting/&do=findComment&comment=1048009

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-X7HPkOO3Ys/maxresdefault.jpg

Having everyone vote kinda turn this into a popularity contest instead of an art one. It's kinda sad for the people who have made amazing drawing but are not in the first few pages or wont spam twitter and facebook to beg for votes. IMO Daum should have picked their favorite and that's it. Like how other publisher make their art contests.

Posted

Going through all the pages in the thread is really annoying. I prefer the page Keehjma created. 

Sad to see there are still some stolen one that had already been reported and have nothing to do with pirates or BDO like the blatant copy of Rose from Tales of Zestiria and the copy of Assassin's Creed 3 art.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/79929-pirate-fanart-contest-voting/&do=findComment&comment=1106776

http://steamtradingcards.wikia.com/wiki/Tales_of_Zestiria_-_Rose

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/79929-pirate-fanart-contest-voting/&do=findComment&comment=1048009

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-X7HPkOO3Ys/maxresdefault.jpg

Having everyone vote kinda turn this into a popularity contest instead of an art one. It's kinda sad for the people who have made amazing drawing but are not in the first few pages or wont spam twitter and facebook to beg for votes. IMO Daum should have picked their favorite and that's it. Like how other publisher make their art contests.

exactly this will turn in a popularity contest , daum should just pick the best drawings , end of story

Posted

Based on the contest rules, entries that are not both: BDO+pirate , they might not even be considered legit and they won't be included in the voting stage.

Well, seem i was right about this contest :( 
And more sadly, like people said before, it's gonna be a "first-page-wins".

55 pages...... with a lot of trolls for the 7 days costumes >.<

Posted (edited)

Well, seem i was right about this contest :( 
And more sadly, like people said before, it's gonna be a "first-page-wins".

55 pages...... with a lot of trolls for the 7 days costumes >.<

Yes, i feel insulted for many participants for the way the contest was handled.(and i am not referring to the "troll" entries etc, not everyone  has talent for drawing)  I'll say nothing more, won't change a thing.

Edited by Lilitrix

Posted

There should be a Randomised Page (Like Kheejma Posted) this is unfair to all those great entrys that a lot of people will not see due to the fact there is tons of pages and only the first ones will be checked.

In future you guys should not allow placeholders/reservations. No edited posts.

Posted

Some of them are really good. I'm already out of likes though so I'll have to continue tomorrow.

Posted

Mine's on the #53 which is like, the end of the thread. First ones will get most views probably. I'm just gonna cry in a corner now okay? ;-;

wish I could like, but guess i´ll be short on likes the next days : P

Posted

I seriously thought the devs were going to be picking 20% FIRST then make us vote from that selection. So. many. rip-offs from games, animes and screenshots :(

2 people like this

Posted

Good luck to everyone, the voting is really messy so I hope those that put a lot of effort into their art is seen. There really is many amazing pieces hidden in those pages so be sure not to skip a single one!

My entry is on page 28, vote if you like! ^^

Posted

My Two Cents:

Just vote for what you like.

Do keep in mind that today is the first day of voting, and some people may not be aware that voting has started (I just found out recently myself).  The voting period will last for almost two weeks, which will be plenty of time for folks to vote. If there is going to be any vote padding, it'll be obvious due to the way voting is being handled.

It's been pointed out that there will be voters who will not have the patience to go through each page, which is expected and understandable.  However, to avoid being part of the problem, I encourage everyone with an interest in this contest to make the effort to go through each page.  If anyone is serious about the results of the contest, they'll make that effort.

If there's a glaring problem with the way this contest is handled, the results will show it.  There is a Top 20% threshold for a reason.

To the entrants who are in the middle or back half of the thread, don't worry too much and have patience.  Your entry will be seen, and you only need enough votes for top 20%.

Cheers~

Posted

A few of you (for sure) are worrying for no reason atm IMO. Just hang in there. I would have voted for a couple of you that posted here if I hadnt run out of likes earlier. Unfort I had no idea the votes would go up anytime soon let alone today and I wasted a lot of likes this morning in other parts of the forums. 

Im sure others are in the same boat (legit, honest voters who ran out of likes). We WILL get to you and you'll get your likes when more are freed up. Even if you are on page 55. So dont despair too much. That said, even with the limited votes and even if you dont win it doesnt mean anything at all about your art. There are a lot of people I prolly wont get to vote for in the short voting phase (there is a LOT of good art in there, TBQH) that I would def go buy their entry from if it were for sale on the BDO site.

So dont feel too bad guys/gals. It is just a virtual contest and this one was indeed poorly handled. Hopefully they learned something (the OP says they did) and will do better next time.

Posted

It took me realy long to find myself >.<

Posted (edited)

The voting preview page is a great idea! :D my entry is all the way on page 49, so im not sure how many views im going to get for it :c truthfully, it would mean more to me if people at least saw my piece, they dont necessarily have to vote for it <3

EDIT: Whoops! looks like my entry is on page 28 now, guess i moved up in the world! :o

Edited by Sashera

Posted (edited)

Uhm guys... I don´t really know how to feel about this. My entry is on page 50 and I feel like nobody is going to go that far or has likes left until then. I mean, you´d need to come back every day and look through the remaining pages and run out of likes again and come back and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I´m seriously very upset and frustrated right now. Bad, just bad.
:C Sheesh.............

I have the same worry here.

Although some of us will go through every page before voting, not everyone has that patience.

Here i made a site where you can see ALL the entries on the same page : http://votepiratebdo.herokuapp.com/

You can't vote directly from the website, and it's not totally perfect, but I made this quickly for you all <3

PS: It may takes time to gather all entries in one page. Be patient, entries are com- displaying...

Thank you for helping folks out. Wish I had this earlier today.

Edited by RustyQrow

Posted

i didn't want to advertise my entry here (well... at least not at first xD) BUT:

my "work-in-progress"-entry on page 5 got way more likes than the final version on the end of page 50...
firstly: thank you for so many likes ^^
secondly: could you pls support the final version of my entry if you like it xD?
i hope i'm not asking for too much...

Posted (edited)

I was so excited to see voting up but then....55 pages.......lmao

Mine's at the bottom of 48 if anyone was interested ;-;

Edited by Anerixx

Posted

Please correct me if I'm wrong but these screenshots have nothing to do here. This is fanart for drawing digital or not. As someone who spent 72+ hours on my piece of art I'm a bit frustrated to be put on the same level as someone spe ding 1 hour max to edit his character on Photoshop.

^this , I'm sorry for those who just edited screenshots.. but i also feel those pieces belongs to a different contest (lets say screenshot contests?)

This was suppose to be a Drawing Fanart contest, I was under the impression that we have to draw a piece from scratch using any medium digital or by hand..

and screenshot edits do n0t qualify as something drawn from scratch for me, heck i even have to redraw

this

FAfk6hC.png

to this

ORsHkTd.png

coz i was afraid the first wont be allowed coz i used elements from a screenshot

Posted (edited)

This part is kinda unfair as first pages will have the most votes.. maybe few last ones will get some too but.. no one will search through 55 pages :/ 

and even if someone will have enough patience/curiosity to get to middle ones he will probably be out of "likes" already.. 

Edited by Bearbarian

Posted

I could make it to page 44 and then my likes ran out - and I didn't even get to see my entry (I peaked a lil bit and it's just a page ahead on 45 lol).

But whew, 55 pages to look through is a lot. I hope next time there will be more specifications and information regarding the contest (I'm sure we would be talking about ~25 pages then).  First time I came across a contest where you could make a "placeholder" in a thread. That's something new to me. Usually you just send your entry directly via email to the community peeps. Or at least I thought that was the "norm" haha. But now I'm prepared for the next BDO contest!

Posted

Kind of screwed myself over by not putting a placeholder post early on, but I don't usually post on forums so I'm rusty;;

I'd really appreciate if you guys could come see my piece on page 38, I'm not even that fussed about getting votes, I'd just like people to be able to see the entry I spent hours and hours on. Kind of sucks that there's literally pages of MSP and copypaste screenshots drowning out people who put effort in.

Good luck all! Already used my 10 votes today! Will come back tomorrow!

Posted

First time I came across a contest where you could make a "placeholder" in a thread. That's something new to me. Usually you just send your entry directly via email to the community peeps. Or at least I thought that was the "norm" haha. But now I'm prepared for the next BDO contest!

^ I placed a holder on page 16 originaly and I saw all other posts. To be completely honest with you this does not help much as some people from 40+ pages were pushed to the first 5. Which makes the placeholder useless since you might get lucky and get pushed ahead by the Mods ^^ 

It's all RNG bois and gals, don't look for logic. This is the reality, we gotta settle with it, because I highly doubt anything would be changed now no matter how much we rant about it. And by changes I mean the repeated posts of one person (WIP's and finished drawings), the WIPS in general and all the troll submissions. This only makes me feel like it's not about having a quality piece there. It really does annoy me, but oh well. 

Good luck to you all! Hopefully everyone will get their votes in the next 2 weeks! \o/ In this period I'll be sure to vote for everyone who drew their submissions, because when you think about it, the time given should be enough for everyone to vote for everyone \o/