• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I dont actually understand why so many people defend publishers

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A fraction of a fraction of a fraction are even aware that hacking *might* be going on, and a none of those people are actually effected by it. 

How has the hacking effects you personally, again?

There are more than a fraction. Far more. And there are plenty who have been doing what is called "Safe hacking". They can 1 shot an ogre for example, if a player gets near. It turns off. There is an hour long video posted somewhere where a streamer interviews a hacker. He says a lot more are using speed hacks than you think, and he said he knows of entire guilds using it. He also showcases what he can do.

So keep burying your head up Daums ass brah.

In a game where gear matters a lot and pvp / node wars are based upon it. People hacking affects everyone. But again, you are probably an AFK fisher.

Edited by Jack Sparrow
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

that's gaming communities.
they can be strong enough to change a unique online game that failed on many levels into a wow clone (cough FFXIV ARR)
or they can accept fate that their publisher doesn't have enough power (because they spent all that $$$ on hookers and crack) to actually address all the issues the community has with their game in time before it shrinks to another F2P P2W ghost town online game with pretty graphics and rad action combat system that makes you use 2 skills while canceling all your other leet moves.

you'll stick around for aslong it's great, stick around a little longer trying to ignore the fact you actually really hate it and in the end afk train your horse or fish while shit posting in its community forum until you're ready to leave for good and move on to the next mmorpg to repeat the process.

Edited by shadonic

Posted

Plunge scares me ok, when the last patch hit and the forums was in uproar I didn't see a single post from him.I thought: "huh, not even he is gonna defend this.", but there he was and there he went.
Defending Belsazar's left scrotum if he had to.

Plunge defends anything Daum do, he even white knights over hacking but probably doesn't know shit about it like our friend Lethality.

Posted

And here I thought how if anything BDO community is united in, no matter all the squabbles between griefers PvP or griefers PvE or those caught inbetween, is the mutual hate and distrust in Daum. 

Except for Cringe but he is something like a local fool every village has.

Hate is a strong word

And should not be used so loosely

Just because people criticize their seemingly lack of inaction doesn't mean they hate them

Critique = Hate

Also....... there you go calling people stupid again.............. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Except for Cringe but he is something like a local fool every village has.

Not gonna lie, that cracked me up. Lmao.

Posted

Just doesnt make much sense to me anymore. I always sort of understood the mentality behind "I like this, i think everyone should like it as much as i do!"

But after spending a reasonable amount of time on earth, i've come to find this is something that only exists so heavily in the gaming world, particularly in forums. Don't get me wrong, other avenues of entertainment have their fans, and as such they all have their arguments as to why they are fans, and will drill that into you. Football fans, apple fans, ect ect ect.

But none of that even comes close to the type of defending that goes on around here. You have a game here, which isn't fair in any regard, has major flaws which lower the quality of the game on the user's end, and yet, the first thing so many of you do here in response to a thread complaining about issues is either derail the subject, project the subject into something irrelevant, or just straight up troll.

And the persistence, oh the persistence. You can just agree from time to time that something is wrong, it wouldn't hurt ya. 

So a friend of mine and a very successful one at that, great gamer, great outlook on life, great job. He came here to express his thoughts on how warriors aren't necessarily on par with everyone else and that there are some clear issues which need to be fixed. Nearly every. Single. Reply. Was ignorant, ill informed, and just straight up irrelevant, in an attempt to glorify the game as if it is our one and only god. Stuff like this just makes this entire community look like a bunch of ignorant s, similar to the crowed you'd find at some hillbilly wrestling match in the back country of texas. 

Well adults that are working or better yet people like me that works in IT for several years now knows how it is when you have a product that Your company bought from another software company and you do not have the ability to look or change source code.

In DAUM they are aware of problems and they are working hard to fix them. They do not have or very limited tool to handle all problems and are mostly tied to PA to provide actual solutions.

Thats why we have "report a hacker" so us the comunity will shut up about it at least a bit ... but any MMO player knows when company does this they have ZERO tools to combat hackers.

Second we have vague responses and delayed patch notes, why? You think DAUM does this on porpuse ... no they do it because they don't have any information about it before hand.

Third ... server instabiliy ... server lag/desinc again tied to korean PA ... they can't do anything to combat it ... client needs to be revritten for EU/NA because of other factors korean devs. do not need to implement in their version.

Hacks ... nothing to be done here XingoCode is easily bypassed and with everything of importance being clientsided to reduce load on servers this won't be fixed any time soon.

You might see some and i mean really little server side implementations like packet filters and such but that won't work on the long run.

Banning hackers / botters won't happen .. player base is thinned out by a lot already and if even in world of warcraft you get temp 6 months ban or even 7 days ban and they have huge playerbase you think DAUM with what 100k players will perma bann 30k of their users in this highly grind game which will make that part of community insta quit? Not likely.

List goes on and on ... you can rage about ninja not released ... PA delays it ... patch not ready ... sieges/nodes ... servers cant handle that ... night vendor PA not providing patch ....  etc etc-

If you really want to hate someone its PA not DAUM .... DAUM would give you everything you are asking for but they just CAN'T.

Posted

There are more than a fraction. Far more. And there are plenty who have been doing what is called "Safe hacking". They can 1 shot an ogre for example, if a player gets near. It turns off. There is an hour long video posted somewhere where a streamer interviews a hacker. He says a lot more are using speed hacks than you think, and he said he knows of entire guilds using it. He also showcases what he can do.
So keep burying your head up Daums ass brah.

In a game where gear matters a lot and pvp / node wars are based upon it. People hacking affects everyone. But again, you are probably an AFK fisher.

Like I said... if the game's so bad and bent you over, why are you hanging around?

It's no different here than it is at Blizzard... players see something as an urgent world-ending problem... developers know the truth. They are the ones in the position to prioritize, not players.

Game is fine and I trust them to do the right thing when they identify something. They built the game without our input, after all.

Posted

Daum can not change the core mechanics of the game but it's quite possible that they can change the value of certain variables in the game. And what definitely wouldn't be PA's responsibility, is hiring more people so they could respond to issues quickly.

Posted (edited)

Like I said... if the game's so bad and bent you over, why are you hanging around?

The usual line. As soon as someone points out a fault (a pretty big fault...). They should immediately leave.

How about they fix it? genius huh. They took my money, well why should I not demand something so game breaking be fixed? I mean if they refund me right now then sure, forget about it. Wonder if that one ever crossed your tiny little mind.

Edited by Jack Sparrow
2 people like this

Posted

The usual line. As soon as someone points out a fault (a pretty big fault...). They should immediately leave.
How about they fix it? genius huh. They took my money, well why should I not demand something so game breaking be fixed? I mean if they refund me right now then sure, forget about it. Wonder if that one ever crossed your tiny little mind.

Usual line... because only insane people continue doing something they don't enjoy. If you can't quit it's called addiction, and you have a problem that goes much deeper than a bug in a video game.

Like I said, they'll fix it when they prioritize it. They're the ones that know how important it is, not you or me.  You've given your input, stop obsessing over it. They'll act on it when they can. So leave or play, but stop -----ing about the same thing like it's the end of the world.

Posted

I think your problem is that you are confusing people disagreeing with you and points you agree on - you view them as "defending the developer" or "fanboys".

I think this is a very annoying attitude that a lot of people seem to have, they simply cannot grasp the concept of not everyone thinking they are right about everything so they resort to these insults.

There is nothing wrong with defending aspects of a game that you enjoy and if people were a little bit more mature they'd understand that it's not because they love the game or the company in particular, it's because they enjoy that aspect. And they should be free to say that without being labeled "fanboys".

3 people like this

Posted

There's nothing wrong with being a white knight for a game if you really enjoy it. People enjoy different things. I still play this game despite it's numerous flaws because the way I play they don't really impact me. If I was someone who needed to regularly do world bosses, and got often one-shotted and my loot stolen by cheaters/hackers, I wouldn't be here, simple as that. But because of the way I play carebear style, that's not what happens to me. People have different opinions based on their own experiences. End of.

Being a white knight for a profit making publisher is a different story. That involves either lack of self esteem, or a desire to 'become one of them'. In either case it's a disease. They are just a company making money, they are not your friend, and they don't want to make you a special snowflake. These people need sympathy and professional help. Or just plain old fashioned growing up in the case of the kiddies.

Posted

Eh. I have faith things might turn around.

Posted (edited)

There's nothing wrong with being a white knight for a game if you really enjoy it. People enjoy different things. I still play this game despite it's numerous flaws because the way I play they don't really impact me. If I was someone who needed to regularly do world bosses, and got often one-shotted and my loot stolen by cheaters/hackers, I wouldn't be here, simple as that. But because of the way I play carebear style, that's not what happens to me. People have different opinions based on their own experiences. End of

But you see, I don't care if you come into a thread white knighting if you admit you AFK fish.

What annoys me more is all the people below 55 who AFK fish shitting on anyone who calls out PA for their shitty anti cheat. That is my definition of a retarded white knight.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

@OP,

it's called the "rule of commitment and consistency".

Posted

Pot kettle black

Posted

black

reported for racism

Posted

reported for racism

Reported for making me facepalm.

Posted

Those Koreans don't give a damn about westerners. They just want your money.

Posted

So a friend of mine and a very successful one at that, great gamer, great outlook on life, great job. 

Friends don't let friends post on gaming forums.

Also, OP doesn't approve of trolling yet slips in the implied condescension between his "swell" friend and all us "Texans." 

As for defending "publisher," on one hand I have this piece of entertainment that makes ten hours or so disappear joyously daily; on the other the qq of some forum random with an ax to grind. Considering your attitude...

rAcp0gN.jpg

Posted

Plunge scares me ok, when the last patch hit and the forums was in uproar I didn't see a single post from him.I thought: "huh, not even he is gonna defend this.", but there he was and there he went.
Defending Belsazar's left scrotum if he had to.

Plunge was traveling apparently. Plunge got right back on defending the changes when they returned.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think your problem is that you are confusing people disagreeing with you and points you agree on - you view them as "defending the developer" or "fanboys".

I think this is a very annoying attitude that a lot of people seem to have, they simply cannot grasp the concept of not everyone thinking they are right about everything so they resort to these insults.

There is nothing wrong with defending aspects of a game that you enjoy and if people were a little bit more mature they'd understand that it's not because they love the game or the company in particular, it's because they enjoy that aspect. And they should be free to say that without being labeled "fanboys".

While that's true, but does that really apply to this forum?

I don't think there is any one thing that everybody agrees on, but a common problem in this forum is that people would choose to troll a thread whenever they read something they don't agree with. I'm talking about things like replies with no text except reaction images, replying TLDR, replying "nobody cares", or simply derailing the thread to something else. While it's the internet that such things are expected, it is relatively more sever here.

Posted (edited)

Plunge was traveling apparently. Plunge got right back on defending the changes when they returned.

Lmao. I know, as soon as he hopped off the plane his spidey senses were tingling.

SOMEONE INSULTING DAUM?! QUICK TO THE KEYBOARD!!!!

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

So it's true Daum will give medals to its bravest defenders? And there'll be an annual ceremony? Bozhe moi!

Posted

Wew.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy. But my mom taught me that if i didn't like or enjoy something then to not do it :^)  

Your mom is wise then. Mine also taught me another thing though: I'm free to judge those things that I don't like, or god forbid even provide feedback to make the ones I like better. :)