• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Main character and family name?

74 posts in this topic

Posted

So as I am one of those players that wont be able to decide how to name their actual chars ingame, I was curious what yours might be ?

Post your: Main class +name +family name(optional)!

PS: If you have plans for a alternate character just share his/her name too !

And if you have no freaking clue: http://gamenaminator.com/

Posted

Warrior

Sovalis Adalbrandt

3882-e990fb4239c47232fc985d3b7ce5d8875d0

Posted (edited)

Only my family name is set since I've had it for over 10 years. But my normal name isn't decided yet.. I would post some but I'm paranoid that it gets stolen since it has happened before ;_; 

Warrior

Sovalis Adalbrandt

Was your name Onimaru in Tera? Kinda recognize it

Edited by Kraved

Posted

Only my family name is set since I've had it for over 10 years. But my normal name isn't decided yet.. I would post some but I'm paranoid that it gets stolen since it has happened before ;_; 

Was your name Onimaru in Tera? Kinda recognize it

I think so, I usually either go by Onimaru, Oni, or Sovalis. I was originally on the Feral Valley server on TERA and then eventually migrated to a different one, don't remember which one though.

Posted

As for family I always struggle on this one but for chars mostly will be Singhri/Syndri/Naisa but I want to keep 1 of those for when the Kunoichi is released (hope is not that late)

Posted

Main: Tamer. Fiye. Fortune

2nd: Sorc. Nahtaivel. Fortune

3rd: Witch. Leviathan. Fortune

Other names could be:
Ouroboros. Soroboruo, Amaranth, or Nephthys

Posted

Well, i wanna swim in costumes so I go for GoodLooking :D

Posted

Ray Bang

Posted

So if you wanted a different last name for a different character would you just create a new family? What's the purpose of all your characters having the same family name?

Posted (edited)

So if you wanted a different last name for a different character would you just create a new family? What's the purpose of all your characters having the same family name?

It's not really their last name, it's basically your account name. It's there so other players know that all your characters belong to you so no one can hide behind alts. Also, since all your characters share most everything, that's justified in-game by them being part of the same "family". So I could name my character "John Smith" and then my family/account/player name "kpearl8" would show above that. (or possibly below? not sure.) You could, however RP it as a last name, like making your family name "Smith" and your character name "John." That's what I'm going to do, but then like you said all your characters would have the same "last name."

Edited by kpearl8
1 person likes this

Posted

I would post my names, I've got all of them planned out, but I'm also nervous of them getting stolen :(

5 people like this

Posted

I would post my names, I've got all of them planned out, but I'm also nervous of them getting stolen :(

Same here. That's why I'm quite the name squatter when it comes to reserving names for my future characters.  

2 people like this

Posted

Question! If family name is like our account name, does that mean two people can share the same character name?

Posted

Hopefully, if two lettered names are allowed for Family names, My Family name is going to be my Forum name....My Character name on the other hand....

I have so many thoughts in mind, but I truly don't know which one I would want to reserve. =/

Posted

I know exactly the names I want to have I'm just worried about getting there in time. :x

1 person likes this

Posted

So as I am one of those players that wont be able to decide how to name their actual chars ingame, I was curious what yours might be ?

Oh, I'm one of those too. xD

I guess my character names will be the same ones I've used in other mmos, that being: Irma, Eika, Aira, Nariko, Nuressa.

Still deciding what my account name will be.

As for what class to play, I've no idea, they all look pretty fun to play.

Posted

Inb4 servers explode and people rage they couldn't reserve their name.

Posted

It's not really their last name, it's basically your account name. It's there so other players know that all your characters belong to you so no one can hide behind alts. Also, since all your characters share most everything, that's justified in-game by them being part of the same "family". So I could name my character "John Smith" and then my family/account/player name "kpearl8" would show above that. (or possibly below? not sure.) You could, however RP it as a last name, like making your family name "Smith" and your character name "John." That's what I'm going to do, but then like you said all your characters would have the same "last name."

Ah okay that's actually a really cool system! I imagine that your characters would share the same house and stuff like that? Although the fact that they all share it puts a kink in my plans a bit. Now I need to choose a really good account name...

Posted

Thanks for all the good names to steal

1 person likes this

Posted

So wait would this change in the NA game or what cause it's Kind of annoying that it's backwards Cause honestly if i have to have it in front of my characters name, my names are all gonna look dumb....

Posted

So wait would this change in the NA game or what cause it's Kind of annoying that it's backwards Cause honestly if i have to have it in front of my characters name, my names are all gonna look dumb....

Well you don't have to worry about that making you look dumb because I believe that the family name is on top of the first name that you chose.

Posted

Thanks for all the good names to steal

That's why I wont name mine in the forums, ill be lucky to get the name I want let alone the family name. It was taken in CBT1. I have backup though.

Posted

Question! If family name is like our account name, does that mean two people can share the same character name?

Good question. It seems plausible.

Posted

I would say no, since there is "Character Name Reservation" as part of preorder. If those would not be unique, then there would be no reason to reserve them.

But it really makes no sense to have both of them unique.

Posted (edited)

Good question. It seems plausible.

No, names are unique.

Remember people don't see your family name in chat. They use your character name. So people dont' know your family name unless they see you in person, add you to friends list or in the same guild.

When you whisper/pm people you use their character name.

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this