• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Captcha in AH

47 posts in this topic

Posted

So what's the point of the annoying captcha codes if bots are easily able to snipe whatever they want anyway? The codes are actually preventing players from competing with bots, they're doing the opposite of their design.

2 people like this

Posted

How do you know they are bots other than speculation?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if something actually happens if you fail captcha too often or are those bot scripts just brute forcing it?

Edited by Yablo

Posted

It's very common knowledge and not at all surprising. In a korean MMO grinding game, bots are expected. 

Posted

Does anyone know if something actually happens if you fail captcha too often or are those bot scripts just brute forcing it?

They use other third party programs to read the captcha and communicate with their bot script according to a reddit post awhile back.

Posted

I would dearly love this annoyance to go, absolutely hate it.

Posted (edited)

They use other third party programs to read the captcha and communicate with their bot script according to a reddit post awhile back.

I read something a long while back of a guy saying that they just made a screen, cropped it, and put the image in the google search engine to get a result.
Didn't really struck me at the time since it seemed like a way too roundabout way if you could just force it.

Guess no one ever just failed the captcha repeatedly for fun to find out.

Edited by Yablo

Posted

h4q69w2.png

5 people like this

Posted

i too have read many sciencefiction materials. But some pol did send me some "true" footage of these aholes doing this to convince me that AH bots exist. Right now i dont believe

Posted

i too have read many sciencefiction materials. But some pol did send me some "true" footage of these aholes doing this to convince me that AH bots exist. Right now i dont believe

I don't see how they could do it fast enough to be effective using that method. It'd have to be a way to bypass the captcha IMO.

Posted

Wait until they're not around which is... god who knows. Then ham away on that AH captcha.  ;) Most people I know bought their liverto at night where there's a very few people playing.  I say, it's pure coincidence when they bought their weapons.  Who would've thought that someone would actually post a liverto at 2am and they would actually get it at that time? 

Posted

I don't see how they could do it fast enough to be effective using that method. It'd have to be a way to bypass the captcha IMO.

Exactly. They can skip the captchas. Swordsman Online had an "instanced" instance. Hundreds of bots in there. Picture Captchas. It was brutal.

However i am not sure that bots are the case here.

People just site "common knowledge" as evidence.

Posted

AH in BDO sucks . FULL OF BOTS . i ddnt even see " the bidding system " when trying to snipe something . i failed buying 5 Ancient Weapon Core  this day . it always say " FAILED to PURCHASE " and when i try to refresh the item is already gone . it ddnt last atleast 5 sec

Posted

The MMOViper bot forum screenshot posted by Lo Wang above is pretty conclusive.

Posted

AH in BDO sucks . FULL OF BOTS . i ddnt even see " the bidding system " when trying to snipe something . i failed buying 5 Ancient Weapon Core  this day . it always say " FAILED to PURCHASE " and when i try to refresh the item is already gone . it ddnt last atleast 5 sec

I dont think you need to refresh at all. It updates quickly whenever there's changes

Posted

h4q69w2.png

lol what a golden reply, this image here speaks a thousand words PA has to break

2 people like this

Posted

I dont think you need to refresh at all. It updates quickly whenever there's 

yes i need to click the refresh . cuz sometimes the item stay in marketplace with " B " on it even it already sold . for just 2 sec of bidding  

Posted

COW MILKING INSTANT WIN !!!

Posted

i prefer TERA's AH than BDO's AH . 
in tera you can Negotiate / buy out 
in BDO they say there is  BIDDIng system but when u go in marketplace you can only see PURCHASE and wait until the item is gone 

4 people like this

Posted

"Display Character and Monster levels and Ghillie name" - I just want THAT! :D 

Posted

how i wish they change they trading system here -.- my guildmate they have many ancient weapon core . they have like 4 pcs . and they want to give me 1 , cuz its hard to farm in hasrah .-.- 4days of farming with 5 luck 7 node . and i still got nothing . hard as ogre ring -.- i hope they increase the drop rate of that item

Posted

there is still a lot of people that doesn't know how AH work nor how Bidding work

there may be bots but the system prevent a big part of their advantage (especially on the bidding object)

1) object go on sale with bidding (in an interval between 15-25 min after being place in the AH)

2) the bidding start and is more or less like "guess what number i am thinking" you click and automatically get assigned a random number to see if you win (many player can get the same "wrong" number)

the fact is that if 100 player try or if 50 player try right when it pop it's pretty possible that at least 1 get it right right away and snipe it

if everybody guess wrong the bidding stop you to big again but other people in the next 60 second can still bid and still be lucky and snipe it

3) finished the bidding time it's really the faster win and yes here a macro would give u a serious advantage but ONLY after the bidding a macro cannot make you bid 10 times so the advantage is minimum

the true is that whatever is very rare is under the radar of A LOT of player so if 1000 player try the 1 second no matter what someone will win and take it with or without macro (ok macro give u the advantage of probably try to guess the number .04 sec before but if u are lucky u are lucky if not not...)

3 people like this

Posted

Not only are there bots for it but also scripts that completely disables the captcha so those people can just buy without entering anything except quantity for multiple items.

Posted

How about a lot of you google up bypassing captcha and get a little educated, since it's so easy.

Instead you people would rather put on your tin foil hats, or deny everything, simply because you are too lazy to do a simple google search...

the fail in this thread is pretty funny.. and freaking sad...