• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

As a big fan of cute races in MMORPGs, I hope that they make the Shai playable someday.

314 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, do you remember the winged costumes? How about them?

Maybe your characters already running around with a pair of them?;)

Wings and loli in same subject? yeaaaaah....

Plus, i m dont even use costumes, try again :)

Posted

I'd much prefer the little fox people or the deer folk. Or otters! Just me though. :D

Posted

Pedophilia is not exactly a kink or fetish that can be right in any kind of context. The problem is that same games do tend to sexualize underaged characters no matter how much you want to close your eyes to it and people are legit concerned.

I don't think that pedophilia is a kink or a fetish or okay. I think that being a predator is terrible and horrifying.

But I don't think that wanting to play as a Shai is pedophilia. And I think it's a really mean and wrong accusation to say or imply that someone wanting to play Black Desert as a Shai is pedophilia. Or any cute races in MMORPGs. Or any child characters in video games. It's a mean accusation and completely off topic.

Not wanting to talk disturbing and off topic subjects like predators in my thread is not closing my eyes to it. My topic isn't about whether sexualizing fictional characters is pedophilia. It's asking for another race to be playable. Childlike looking characters or children being playable in a video game is not predatory and not pedophilia and not sexualizing them. Hundreds and thousands of games are about childlike looking characters or children who are playable. There's Pokemon and Youkai Watch and Earthbound and Mother 3 and Undertale and thousands of others.

If you want to discuss pedophilia, please discuss it somewhere else. It's a disturbing subject and it's derailing the thread.

Posted

Wings and loli in same subject? yeaaaaah....

Plus, i m dont even use costumes, try again :)

No, you have misunderstand the intention of my post. It is directed to those who want to keep BDO clean and tidy from any childish, non mature things. Next coming things will be unicorns, bunny ears, penguins, butterfly wings, ... well, it is an Asian game, deal with it ... 

Posted

this:

shai.jpg

Nope, don't want to play them. I'm glad the tamer was not bound to this race.

Posted

yeah I want to be a Gang Leader!!
Gangsta2.thumb.png.d6573a0281136995746e1

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

One thing I learned about the game that I didn't used to know before I started playing, is that there's a cute race of characters called the Shai.

They're a cute race known for being rude, similar to like in other games like Lalafells or Elins.

I'm sure you're not surprised from my username, I love Lalafells and cute races. And cuteness in general. Cuteness always brings a smile to my face and makes me happy. :>

I play a Lalafell in Final Fantasy XIV and Elins in Tera(though I did make one male High Elf as a healer), and a Lyn in Blade & Soul. So the Shai are just the type of Black Desert race for me! I have a lot of fun talking with Shai NPCs in the game, and I hope I can play as one of them, someday!

I'm already playing a Tamer in Black Desert because they're the cutest class in Black Desert. At least, they're the cutest, to me. And because I can make them the least curvy of all the female classes. I also prefer playing as people of colour in video games. So I'm already fairly happy with Tamers. But being able to play as a Shai would make the game even better, for me!

if u like to play a loli character go to those other shitty games. don't bring ur pedofile urges here.

Edited by Hekigan

Posted

if u like to play a loli character go to those other shitty games. don't bring ur pedofile urges here.

I am not sure if you are aware of that BDO is an Asian game. If there are races like the Shai and you directly call them "loli" so ... 

why are you playing BDO at all?

There are also these "cute" wing suites. Will you still play BDO if unicorns, bunny, ears and butterfly wing suites with colourful glitter will be available in the shop?  Maybe yes.

But if the Shai will be available as an equal, powerful race, you will quit?

Posted

I'm sorry to do this, and I try to avoid reporting people so easily. But I really need a moderater's help with this subject. The mean accusations and derailing are getting out of hand. And I don't know how to PM a mod. I went to CM_Jouska's page to PM them and ask for help with this topic. But I couldn't find an option to.

So I'm going to have to start reporting members. Calling other people predators or pedophiles for the type of characters they like to play is wrong and horrible and mean. There are users cursing me and possibly others out. And this thread is being derailed by off-topic disturbing discussions about predators. This isn't civil and I don't think this should be considered acceptable forum/community behavior. And I'm going to have to report lots of people because that seems to be the only thing I can do.

3 people like this

Posted

Please No. Please god no.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Posted

No, you have misunderstand the intention of my post. It is directed to those who want to keep BDO clean and tidy from any childish, non mature things. Next coming things will be unicorns, bunny ears, penguins, butterfly wings, ... well, it is an Asian game, deal with it ... 

And i should care about it? Lot of costumes are already childish, i have nothing to deal with :D

Posted

One thing I learned about the game that I didn't used to know before I started playing, is that there's a cute race of characters called the Shai.

They're a cute race known for being rude, similar to like in other games like Lalafells or Elins.

I'm sure you're not surprised from my username, I love Lalafells and cute races. And cuteness in general. Cuteness always brings a smile to my face and makes me happy. :>

I play a Lalafell in Final Fantasy XIV and Elins in Tera(though I did make one male High Elf as a healer), and a Lyn in Blade & Soul. So the Shai are just the type of Black Desert race for me! I have a lot of fun talking with Shai NPCs in the game, and I hope I can play as one of them, someday!

I'm already playing a Tamer in Black Desert because they're the cutest class in Black Desert. At least, they're the cutest, to me. And because I can make them the least curvy of all the female classes. I also prefer playing as people of colour in video games. So I'm already fairly happy with Tamers. But being able to play as a Shai would make the game even better, for me!

no

Posted

And i should care about it? Lot of costumes are already childish, i have nothing to deal with :D

I am not sure if you are aware of that BDO is an Asian game. If there are races like the Shai and you directly call them "loli" so ... 

There are also these "cute" wing suites. Will you still play BDO if unicorns, bunny, ears and butterfly wing suites with colourful glitter will be available in the shop?  Maybe yes.

Really? Same Question to you.

Really? Same Question to you.

Posted

I say add the Shai as a playable race. Only under the stipulation that they have PvP unlocked at lvl 5 after the tutorial phase. xD Thus myself, and likely many others, can go red and KoS every Shai we see for no better reason then to relieve some pent of anger and annoyances after having to listen to the Shai NPC's and being unable to kill them. Specifically that Shai who looks and acts like a spoiled, annoying 6 year old brat at the Velia storage area. I mean really who hasn't wished they could punt that girl (sorry woman since Shai are not children right?) into the ocean? 9_9

1 person likes this

Posted

what the hell is a shai

An annoying thing in Heidel that you want to kill.

Posted

People are so butthurt about so many things in bdo when it comes to "anime like" or "cute" things. From what i know there are maids on korea and you can even have maid costume but people on EU/NA are so butthurt about this they didn't add it. About idea with new "cute" race with playable class i think shai dont't fit. they're not even cute, just fuking annoying. I think its actually hard to make cute class for this game and make it lok decent, i would say it doesn't fit to bdo at all. But people rly need to calm down about "perverted" and "pedophile" things that are in korea, its just a game and if you don't like it just don't buy/use it. There are people who would like to see these things on EU/NA.

Posted

NO. That would make the game totally unplayable, you must feel bad for wanting that shit in the game, the game is supposed to be dark, I dont want -----in kids or cute things running around

Posted

No thanks to the pedo stuff.  I don't care if they say they are 1,000 years old.  You can try to church it up all you want, but if the character looks like a child and has a lingerie costume, that's some pedo shit. lolz

Plus, I'm sure their squeaky voices would be like nails on a chalkboard.

Posted

I say add the Shai as a playable race. Only under the stipulation that they have PvP unlocked at lvl 5 after the tutorial phase. xD Thus myself, and likely many others, can go red and KoS every Shai we see for no better reason then to relieve some pent of anger and annoyances after having to listen to the Shai NPC's and being unable to kill them. Specifically that Shai who looks and acts like a spoiled, annoying 6 year old brat at the Velia storage area. I mean really who hasn't wished they could punt that girl (sorry woman since Shai are not children right?) into the ocean? 9_9

An annoying thing in Heidel that you want to kill.

People are so butthurt about so many things in bdo when it comes to "anime like" or "cute" things. From what i know there are maids on korea and you can even have maid costume but people on EU/NA are so butthurt about this they didn't add it. About idea with new "cute" race with playable class i think shai dont't fit. they're not even cute, just fuking annoying. I think its actually hard to make cute class for this game and make it lok decent, i would say it doesn't fit to bdo at all. But people rly need to calm down about "perverted" and "pedophile" things that are in korea, its just a game and if you don't like it just don't buy/use it. There are people who would like to see these things on EU/NA.

NO. That would make the game totally unplayable, you must feel bad for wanting that shit in the game, the game is supposed to be dark, I dont want -----in kids or cute things running around

No thanks to the pedo stuff.  I don't care if they say they are 1,000 years old.  You can try to church it up all you want, but if the character looks like a child and has a lingerie costume, that's some pedo shit. lolz

Plus, I'm sure their squeaky voices would be like nails on a chalkboard.

Stop crying and measuring everything by the same yardstick. What will you do if DAUM / Pearl Abyss decide to make the Shai the most powerful warrior class in BDO? You are playing an Asian MMORPG but you do have no clue about its culture and history.  Put your prejudices elsewhere. They are not welcome here.   

Posted

that -----ed up mentality when its OK to over sexualize an older female but not a younger one.

Posted

Um, wait, what do you mean? Do you mean the fact that Elins are the most popular race in Tera, and you're afraid everyone will play Shais in Black Desert and there won't be enough variety?

I can't think of any effect that Elins have had on Tera other than being a very popular race and getting more classes than other races.

I don't think that Black Desert will turn out like TERA, because I think that the underlying focus of the two games are very different.

You mean the fact you were forced to play elins because of "hitboxes" and how all their animations were shorter then every other race.

Posted

I think Shai's class would be either, an alchemist, bard or an acrobatic based character.

As an alchemist they need to craft misc items to use as ammunition, they can chain different potions to combine attacks. So throwing Oil, then A Fire Flask, would make the oil burn, ie AoE Fire. I guess they would then act as support for Wizards/Witches.

For Bard/Dancer... Bashing with musical instruments? Buffs/Debuffs? 

Acrobatic... Thief/Dancer/martial artist

Posted

I definitely think they should be added, the more variety the better! They're totally adorable too. Don't listen to these crazed toxic posters who get riled over anything and everything. If PA/Daum wants to add it they will, and seeing how these classes do in other games i'd say its very likely they will add it at some point :)

Posted

I definitely think they should be added, the more variety the better! They're totally adorable too. Don't listen to these crazed toxic posters who get riled over anything and everything. If PA/Daum wants to add it they will, and seeing how these classes do in other games i'd say its very likely they will add it at some point :)

Some do have a point tho. I can see why adding Shai can cause some pedobear worry. America is a giant "Carebear" especially at the moment. Blowing up something small to a huge nonexisting issue. 

Posted

Dwaves first, there hands down my favorite fantasy race.