• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This game suffers from Balancing Issues (Ranged Favortism)

158 posts in this topic

Posted

Why revive a dead thread lol ? and rangers r easily the worst class in the game at the moment

Posted (edited)

I think the burst damage of rangers should be heavily nerfed at least when they are too close to their target, because they are a ranged class after all (which jumps non stop here and there), thus putting some strategy back into the class which at the moment is just a I-WIN button spam machine.

Extra damage should scale on mana instead of health, or something else that make some sense at least, even moving speed rank.

Edited by Nessuno

Posted

I think the burst damage of rangers should be heavily nerfed at least when they are too close to their target, because they are a ranged class after all (which jumps non stop here and there), thus putting some strategy back into the class which at the moment is just a I-WIN button spam machine.

Extra damage should scale on mana instead of health, or something else that make some sense at least, even moving speed rank.

Are u playing the same game i am? Rangers literally do the least damage in the game at the moment they have 1 very unreliable CC and are squishy

"Glass Cannon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwVF7OKEUic 

"Tank"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TJcROnynoY

i have 156 AP and accuracy coming out my ass and i do 0 dmg it will take me 13-16 shotguns just to kill another ranger with 2.6k hp and 167 DP standing still 
imagine us trying to kill classes who heal or iframe or shields or 4k HP

Rangers have been nerfed into the ground

Posted

At this moment, red battlefield just seems to be filled with nothing but Rangers and Wizards.

Balancing in BDO is laughable as Rangers, and Wizards dominates everything in this game due to the amount of damage they can pull out and because of how the game system works. Most of the World Boss attacks only hurt melee classes while ranged class can just pluck away from a distance without having to worry as much as melee classes. Because ranged classes do more damage and also have an easier time doing world boss they get better loots. Not saying you can't get loot as a Warrior and or a Valkyrie but the fact that there is more Liverto Longbow and Staff than Blade, Amulet, Axe, Shortsword and Longsword combine boggles my mind. Rangers and Wizards can do more damage thus giving them a major increase in the loot table than any other class.

World Boss

The problem is range classes don't really have to dodge world bosses because they are sitting in the back plucking away. Smarter developers solve this issue by making bosses have two variations of attacks. Attacks that hurt melee, and then attacks that hurt ranged classes, thus creating balance. Unfortunately Pearl Abyss just slapped these tougher mobs together, enlarged them, and called it a "world boss." At the moment melee classes are suffering in both PvP or PvE. So lets all continue to twiddle our thumbs in wait for the great "Awakening Weapons" that supposedly will fix melee.

Heck even the developer during the q&a admits that melee classes are suffering so why haven't they receive any major buffs? Instead Witch/Wizard are buffed to be on par with awakened classes when we don't have awakening weapons yet thus making Witch/Wizard more OP and stronger than everyone else in the game's current state.

Mounted Combat

Wizards and Rangers are the only classes that are good at mounted combat, Wizard being #1. Why can't all classes be good at mounted combat? If you can't make it happen then why put the resource and effort into mounted combat if only a few classes can be good? How do you suppose a class like Valkyrie with our limited mobility, catch up for a mounted Wizard? Just remove mounted combat since balance can't be maintained. Its a nice feature and looks good on paper but all it does is give Wizard more advantage than they already have in the game.

Gearing

Players will go for Grunil if they don't have boss armor and some hybrid. But the go to armor for a ranger is the Strength of Heve because of the HP they give and how the amount of HP scales with the amount of damage a ranger do. This thing cost ridiculously cheap in the market place, only 100k for the chest and the boots are like 15k on my server. The Grunil armor is over 300k for the chest and 250k for the boots. Yet another thing that gives Ranger a massive advantage especially at the start than any other classes in the game.

On top of that, a lot of classes had to abandon their already +15 gear like the Agerian +15 as it was BiS prior to the release of Grunil. (One of the reason Peon left BDO) while Rangers don't have to abandon anything since Heve is still BiS, which saves them millions upon millions of extra silvers that other classes have to spend.

If the developer of this game plays this game which they probably do. They probably play Rangers or wizards/sorc but probably most of them play rangers. Rangers and Wizards are overpopulated in this game and they are the best classes in PvP/GvG/Grinding/WorldBoss etc so yeah I don't understand their game design. Its stupid.

OH that's right... Awakening will fix everything. LMAO!!!

I can't emphasis enough how enormously ignorant you are. You're hardly worth my time, so I'll keep it short. 

1. You obliviously are not a high level player.

2. When it comes to rangers "saving millions" on armor...I don't think you understand they go through roughly 1k pots a day. Not to mention, when it comes to their armor, they could keep full heve *not recommended* do a hybrid or full. 

3. rangers absolutely suck as mounted combat. 

4. Silver is not hard to earn..for anyone..if you are at all intelligent. 

5. Rangers are actually the worst 1v1 class right now in a equal situation. 

6 and most importantly. The way you rant and QQ about this balance thing is the most disgusting thing I've seen today. You are begging for buffs when they have already been implemented and you act like Daum is forcing your hand on choosing whatever class you want. If you don't want to try during a world boss and learn patterns and learn when to roll and apply damage, then go ranger. Rangers do get to sit back and dodge and shoot and it's a little easier on them, but you knew that since day one. Each class has STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES. This isn't about balance, it's about how you learn and play the game. If every single class was the same at everything, then I'm out. 

I have people in my guild they are every class this game has. Every single one does fine at world bosses and get's top tier loot. They win in matches, and are useful in GvG. Obviously there will always be tweaking done to classes to fine tune, but you...you are a special case. 

I apologize for any rudeness, but you need it. 

Posted

How about you play the other class and see how op it is? Well won't do that because you would realize they are not op. Keep crying thats all you can do! Glad this won't work haha

I played different classes in this game and people called all of them op. Seriously? Stop crying about op classes which are not op and get some skill. You can't call all other classes op as soon as you get killed by someone. The player was jsut better than you. In other words you just suck thats it! I was killed by every other class before. SOmetimes there are skilled palyers and sometiems there are weak players. It depends on their skill and their gear. If someone has better gear and more skill because he palys this game a lot it doesn't mean his class is op. It just means he is better than you and you have to accept it and improve yourself. Ofcouse the stupid players don't want to accept that there is someone better than them. They go to the forums and start QQ and flame. They call every other class op but most of them never played those classes.

Keep crying about me crying.

Lol I've tried all and every class. If you dont have anything constructive to say, why are you even wasting your time?

Posted

I can't comment on how Ranger and Wizard/Witch are in PVP, though having many of them in my guild and seeing them in action in GvG and node wars, they're definitely very powerful and a must-have.

What I can comment on is PVE. I used to spend most of my time on my Sorceress, and still do for PVP as it's the class I'm mostly familiar with. But for PVE, a couple of weeks ago I leveled up a Wizard and Ranger just to monkey around. They're both 55 now and I will say this - they're both EZ mode in PVE (grinding, guild quests, bosses) but the Ranger is on a whole other level. If you have all the weight increases, you can basically just carry 500+ mana pots at a time and save room for loot. Then just spam one ability (Will of Wind) repeatedly and mow down large groups of mobs as if they're wearing paper armor.

I know Sorc wasn't the best PVE grinding class, but I'm at least 200%-300% more efficient on the Ranger, which equates to more trash loot, which means more money, as well as more opportunity to get rare loot. Added to this is on boss fights, I can sit at range and go balls to the wall against these bosses, popping food and elixirs and getting near the top of the damage charts. I don't even have to be there from the beginning to do that.

Overall, it's not balanced correctly. I realize that in every MMO you have classes that are better at PVE grinding than others, but - and this is the big difference - those games have class archetypes, the MMO trinity so to speak. This game does not. So why aren't all classes equal when it comes to grinding?

Posted

Don't you see that ranged classes what the same DPS as melee without the limitation of needing to close the distance while having the ability to slow and stun the other players. Every game is like that now. Melee should one shot a ranged class that has that high level of DPS that would be balance but will never happen.

1 person likes this

Posted

Keep crying about me crying.

Lol I've tried all and every class. If you dont have anything constructive to say, why are you even wasting your time?

Oh you tried every class? Maybe focus on one so you don't suck at all! If you can't handle your class you could change it but you tried all  nd prolly sucked so I guess you should look for another game. Constructive? I told you to stop crying about other classes and get some skill instead of crying on the forums. Crying on forums won't make you better ingame. Try to play the game instead.

If you still didn't notice you are the one who is crying. Just check your posts and you wil realize that you cry about other classes and call them op. How about you play more and cry less? I have seen strong players of every class but thats the typical casual player "Oh he killed me his class must be op because im the best.". Time to wake up dude! There are many people who player better than you. If you can't handle the pvp you shouldn't play this.

Im playing warrior, sorc, ranger at higher levels and started a maehwa. In other words I play with at least 2 melee classes and one ranged and don't have to cry about other classes like a baby.