• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How do you feel about Black Desert right now?

140 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm curious to know what your feelings about BDO are.

MMORPG.com feels like BDO needs to fix its reputation. But how do you feel?

I'm speaking in terms of from launch till now. Do you think the game is what you wanted or what you deserved?

Knowing what you know now would you have still purchased the game?

Posted

Not just the favored PvP shitlords monitored this game for years. What it turned out to be from what it was meant to be years ago, it is least said disappointing.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm still having a great time. With all its flaws, this is still the best game I've played in years.

Edited by Flood
7 people like this

Posted

Not just the favored PvP shitlords monitored this game for years. What it turned out to be from what it was meant to be years ago, it is least said disappointing.

Thank you for your input, Kat.

Posted

aw yiss, shitlords ftw

ot: way more cons compared to pros atm

i dont know whats worse, Gm's being silent or hackers

Posted

aw yiss, shitlords ftw

ot: way more cons compared to pros atm

i dont know whats worse, Gm's being silent or hackers

So, would you have purchased the game if you knew this is what would happen?

Posted

how do i feel ?

i farmed 250 hours +- = thats 15,000 minutes more or less for ogre ring just to get nothing

friend farmed 7 hours for ogre ring thats 420~ minutes and he got two ogre rings, he also has 2 bhegs and 550mil alchemy stone even tho he started 1 month later than me and is still lvl 55

nice -----ing joke game, how the ----- should i feel when the game spits in my face at every turn and laughs at all my efforts ? My account is incapable of getting rare loot unless i buy it off market and then i have to compete against hackers and bots - whaahaha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.hah.a

7 people like this

Posted

how do i feel ?

i farmed 250 hours +- = thats 15,000 minutes more or less for ogre ring just to get nothing

friend farmed 7 hours for ogre ring thats 420~ minutes and he got two ogre rings, he also has 2 bhegs and 550mil alchemy stone even tho he started 1 month later than me and is still lvl 55

nice -----ing joke game, how the ----- should i feel when the game spits in my face at every turn and laughs at all my efforts ? My account is incapable of getting rare loot unless i buy it off market and then i have to compete against hackers and bots - whaahaha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.hah.a

get gud

3 people like this

Posted

So, would you have purchased the game if you knew this is what would happen?

nop

Posted

Mostly happy, somewhat disappointed but not enough to make me want to quit or even reduce my time playing.

Other than management stuff this game is pretty much what I expected going in and it's been a long time since I found a game I enjoyed this much but  tend to be more mmo centric.

No other game is on the horizon for something that'd knock BDO off the top of my list that I've seen so... Despite the cons I still am still on as much as I can manage.

Posted

"I bought the game knowing what I would be in store for but now that I got wrecked by the system I wish I never bought the game."

Basically what everyone sounds like in this thread.

Posted

meh.

I have my guildies to keep me entertained :) 

Posted

Fix the -----ing hacking.

That is all.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your input, Kat.

Look, when I see certain people screaming "it is our game", trying to chase away everyone who is not exactly in their line of aggression and blaming those who never had anything to do with any changes for everything and anything while calling them all the worst insults they can think of - what exactly do you expect me to think? 

I still love the look and the feel of the game but apart from a small amount of nice, sane and kind people I could do really well without the rest of the "community".

Edited by Kat
16 people like this

Posted

I FEEL...heaven haha! :D Go play the game and have FUN stop hating!

Posted

feels kinda squishy i guess. 

Posted

Look, when I see certain people screaming "it is our game", trying to chase away everyone who is not exactly in their line of aggression and blaming those who never had anything to do with any changes for everything and anything while calling them all the worst insults they can think of - what exactly do you expect me to think? 

I was legitimately thanking you for your input. I think you felt I was being sarcastic.

Posted

Buying - bad impression from the community and the publisher for the mess they did with the packages and how they were advertised

Launch - really beautiful game, quite fun, a lot of quest to do, not really a challenge as the spirit shizzle is always with you telling you what to do, mobs are boring but it is beautiful so I like it, I have a cow for a horse which is okay. 

Early weeks after launch - solo content, it is good, waste time running around doing quests, everyone else is charging ahead to hit 50+ and farm farm farm so they can be prepared for next patch. Noob me just enjoys the game but as majority of people read extensively it seems everyone is rushing. Solo content started to be a bit much so trying to figure out where to party up. Well you can't praty up unless you get a guild I guess or have friends you play in and know from before. Well okay let's find a guild then. I am lvl ~40.. well all guilds require lvl 50+ or at least most at that time so go to semi casual dudes and start to have fun. Well fun before you have relatively good gear is not pvp as pvp is not fun in my eyes then, everyone you do PvP with is super salty, even Elyos in Aion were friendlier. We go to climb lighthouses and race in cities. Quote fun but wondering if that is the game, we go kill some scroll bosses - Jesus christ this is boring, it is the same boss at a different location and the skin is different, I do casually drink my tea (milk first kill me) while bashing the keys before the disco ball is over. Quite boring but the discord is making it better. 

Later on - decided to invest a bit more time into it get 50+ start grinding to 55 - get serious farm in Hexe to get my WE - ARE U KIDDING ME? Whoever states they drop 4 a day can just kill themselves and delete the mmoviper or the pyx w/e they are using. Node lvl 10 farming a lot i have like 5 we for ages AGES I say. First major frustration with the game. 

Upgrade reblath gloves to +15 at + 2 fails but then fail the offhand +14 to +15 on +25 stack so I will waste 2 WE tonight to see what happens. 

No trading, no group reliability outside of PvP I guess, haven't PvPed that much as there is no PvP content currently you either fight vs heavily newbee chars with low stats or vs tryhard +15 bot either way there is no enjoyment if you are in the middle. Go find people in the middle well how? 90% are not seeing all chat cuz of spam and ofc you hide the char name and ofc you can't see players name as he has a suit (me including). 

There is some stupid AH system in which you can go buy everything you don't need but nothing of value, ofc you can get gud and camp 3 weeks in 5:45 in the morning hoping the happy Irish dwarf comes with his bucket of gold and bless you so you can get your Liverto weapon. 

Oh tried a world boss once, again they said get gud to get drop, well okay I stayed reduced the graphics so I can clearly see what happens as 60 ppl just flash around the screen tilting like it is getting an epileptic shock. Well ok, died a few times, it lags for a second the boss does not do anything at all but you die. Well ok, maybe the person that gets agro will have half a brain and keep the boss at steady location (mudster), well ofc community is nice you would expect that.. .no. People die, some live but mostly the one that ressurect on the spot are happy. I turn the general chat on and see the tears in the form of curses and good wishes towards the publisher. 

Currently - Had 2 tier 6 horses and did not want to spend more money on the game, had a female T5 as well, after breeding atempts and exchanges ended up with only T5 horses - no deaths lvl 30 both.. well okay so I lvl up my T5 horses now to go back to T6. And of course I level them while I play other games and in the tray the horse is running as I am tired of farming Hexe. 

Tonight: Will try to get the WE enchanted at the 25 stacks if I fail I will still be disappointing thinking who the fuk came up with this and why I am doing it. 

Conclusion - I don't even enjoy the game, but I've spent so many hours so I just can't believe that this is all, so trying to gear up and wait for Valencia once we catch up in Korea I will give it a serious look again and decide if I like it or not. 

Posted

I was kinda bummed to find out you couldn't trade with other players.  Trust me, I get the reasoning, I just think it is taking a lot of the community aspect away from the game.  I know with HP Pots, you can still trade them once and then they become bound to character.  Why wouldn't they just do this for everything in the game (except maybe equip-able items such as weps and armor and acc) if you're in a guild with someone?  I should have done a little more research prior to buying the game I suppose, so that is on me.  Honestly I've never been in a big guild so I don't even know the mechanics so I might be way off base here.  I just feel like it would be really cool to be in a guild and there is that ONE guy who is super high at alchemy so he supplies all the pots/elixirs for his guildies.  That ONE guy who is super good at building boats so everyone orders ships from him.  That ONE guy who is super good at fishing but his trade lvl sucks so he gives his fish to another guildie who has high trade lvl and he sells it to traders and shares some of the profit with the fisher or gives him other items in exchange.  That ONE guy who has a worker empire because he has a crap ton of CP so he helps others craft specific gear or rents out his workers to them.  That ONE guy who builds furniture for his guildies etc etc.  I kind of don't want to have to specialize in all of these aspects.  It would be cool to be able to rely on other guild members and I feel like it would add more RP aspects to the game.  Since there is already a cooldown on leaving/rejoining a guild (which I feel like is pointless at this point in time) I feel like this would be a pretty acceptable system.  Like, you can only trade with players in your guild or maybe two guild leaders could trade with each other if they have a contract together or something.  Maybe guild leaders could only trade with other guild leaders if they were ranked in the top 30 guilds or something...  Maybe increase the cooldown for leaving/rejoining a guild to a week instead of 24 hours in order to cut down on possible exploits.  I know at this point these things would completely change the dynamic of the game.  I'm just giving examples of things I think would really make the community aspect more fun.  

I was following the game since the CBs in KR and was really excited but I didn't really know a lot of the mechanics besides what youtube videos showed.  I built a new system specifically to handle this game at max settings (and of course to prep for future games such as Star Citizen).  I bought the conq pack and have thoroughly enjoyed the game so far.  I should finally make it to 55 on my main character today.  I haven't rushed anything in the game and there is still a ton for me to get involved in (life skills/horse training/PVP etc).  I just kinda wished it was more community driven as opposed to solo player feel.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was legitimately thanking you for your input. I think you felt I was being sarcastic.

You are welcome then. I am too used to snarky comments from certain people, apologies.

4 people like this

Posted

You are welcome then. I am too used to snarky comments from certain people, apologies.

Forums will do that 9_9

Posted

It's a terrible cash-grab game that I liken to Archeage 2.0, with very little communication to its playerbase and no insight on how to keep people playing a game after they've been bled dry.

That being said, I enjoy doing the lifeskill aspects of the game and it's definitely one of the more beautiful looking games out there currently.

In my opinion this game should have had a monthly sub fee instead of an overpriced cash shop. It still would have had a cash shop, obviously, but the prices would not be as high if we were paying a sub fee.
Additionally, let people list cash shop shit on the auction house oh my god. In game currency is piss-easy to obtain by doing literally anything, allowing cash shop items to be listed on the auction house would give people unable, or unwilling, to buy cash shop stuff the chance to have it. I do not understand the people who think it is more pay-to-win to allow only one group of people access to certain paid for content, instead of everyone having access to it.

The option to stay at 49.99% if you did not want to engage in pvp should never have been taken out of the game. If you didn't want to pvp, you should have had that option available to you. We wouldn't even be having this discussion of exp-on-pvp-death removal if that had been kept in the game.

I will probably keep playing the game just because I enjoy doing lifeskills, but if a better games happens to come out I will be jumping ship almost immediately.

Posted

how do i feel ?

ask for his password and delete everything. Misery is best when shared... I feel your pain.

Tried everything even sacrificing myself to ogres to gain favor with them - I do not joke. I dance in the sacrifical firepit at hexe for luck as well, this is just retarded. I swear to God I bet there is some hidden Luck stat that is not "important" and it is for the good of the "sandbox" experience that is influencing this. I really want a GM to respond to this and confirm or deny it so at least I can rest

1 person likes this

Posted

I still love the look and the feel of the game but apart from a small amount of nice, sane and kind people I could do really well without the rest of the "community".

Still trying to be the resident forum badass I see

Hypocrite

And yes, I will continue to call you out, because these new posters deserve to be warned about how manipulative you can be

2 people like this

Posted

Forums will do that 9_9

It is not forums, it is *this* forum. I never saw so much, I hate to say it but it is how I feel, human garbage and mentally sick people like on this forum.

1 person likes this