• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How do you feel about Black Desert right now?

140 posts in this topic

Posted

TLDR: Game is hella fun, RNG is acceptable and progression is linear, DAUM is OK. Little kids want everything NOW and complain if they dont. less salt pls. Have fun. dont NOLIFE this game just to complain afterwards.

I am always impressed with people who think rolling over and playing a doormat means being an adult.

Posted (edited)

I'm curious to know what your feelings about BDO are.

MMORPG.com feels like BDO needs to fix its reputation. But how do you feel?

I'm speaking in terms of from launch till now. Do you think the game is what you wanted or what you deserved?

Knowing what you know now would you have still purchased the game?

My partner and I have played since launch and we are both still enjoying the game although every now and again, he does go ballistic beside me over the RNG lol, 1 Duo Ogre = RIP just last night.

Our first hiccup came when we realised that the p2p trading was extremely limited. We have always gamed together and split the skilling aspects between us, so had mapped out our housing, alt and energy management system accordingly only to find that we can trade nothing of value :(  My little brother started playing and we often gifted him various items to help with his enjoyment of the game...that option disappeared also and not long after so did he. I love the choices available ingame, I can skill, explore, pvp, grind etc and my partner loves the PvP and guild stuff. We both get abit frustrated with the perpetual grind for xp at 56 and 57 but the options are there if we want to take a break.

We get abit disheartened with the constant hacking issues. Who wants to spend time, effort and resources at field bosses when little miss supersonic can just one shot us all in seconds over and over and then walk away with the loot. Personally I would love to see the loot untradable for various reasons.

I will continue to play for some time I imagine and my other half is chomping at the bit waiting for node/siege wars to be implemented, actually our entire guild is but the one thing that will eventually make us walk away, is if the hacking continues without check. I realise hackers are part of almost every game but there has to be acknowledgement and communication about the growing problem and thus far, neither has been offered and even with the so called Hacker Hunting initiative...nothing seems to get done.

We both have the outlook that BDO has it's flaws and we may not agree with everything that is implemented but for us, it is just a game, somewhere we can come and relax, a common interest we can share and have fun with. I never go into a game thinking I deserve anything, I go in knowing that if it isn't what I want...the logout and uninstall route is always available.

Yes, I would definitely purchase the game again.

Edited by NightFyre

Posted

If I wanted to play a pve game, I would've joined one of the many in the market. The game died last patch and with no awakenings, gipsy vendor or any meaningful update at the horizon I see more and more dead guilds in my server.

Posted

If I wanted to play a pve game, I would've joined one of the many in the market. The game died last patch and with no awakenings, gipsy vendor or any meaningful update at the horizon I see more and more dead guilds in my server.

Tbh BDO has alot of PvE things i miss in other Games.....

No other MMO could give me all the PvE possibilies that i got in BDO.

It is not just about some random PvE-Thing, but also how it is presented.

Posted

I am always impressed with people who think rolling over and playing a doormat means being an adult.

Could you explain pls im not getting it :P

Posted

Could you explain pls im not getting it :P

The maturity is not in never complaining and taking everything as it is while telling yourself it could be worse. It is the way you complain or change things that make you an adult. This game has its flaws and demanding in constructive way that some fixable ones get well fixed is not childish, on the contrary, can only make for a better game for everyone.

Posted (edited)

feel like another Korean import they tried to make easier to appeal to the NA mass market, not realizing theres other MMOs that do easy mode better and all they're really doing is ruining an otherwise excellent Korean grinder. Also one of worst release systems I've seen, putting some updates in and not others, really been a hodge podge confused mess that's made class balance really bad. Toss in it was coded horribly... what I see, what someone else sees and what the server sees shouldn't be as far off from each other as they are, especially when you have really good ping. Its bad when your in red battlefield in voice chat with someone, you ask why they're somewhere and they respond that they're in an entirely different place. All in all, have to wait til sieges come out, but it looks below average. Crafting/horses/grinding are well done, so that's nice, looks pretty bad for any kind of PvP though due to the really bad coding, and since thats all that really maters significantly to me, meh, prolly survive a long time due to the crafting/horses systems, but overall think it'll fall off pretty hard, if sieges are as confused between client/server as red battlefield, that'll probably be the end of around half the people here.

probably would of waited 'til a year after release, game will be caught up in updates, it'll have gone F2P and catchup mechanics will be in.

Edited by PyroAmos

Posted

I really enjoy the game the only thing letting it down for me is the hacking/exploiting its going to make sieges really toxic. I also feel the cash shop prices are far too high for a buy to play game I mean a single costume is almost the same price if not more than DLC content in other buy to play games. The only thing i would do different if i could go back is buy the basic pack instead of the $100 pack and not buy the horse skill change coupons i bought not knowing they have a super low chance to give you the skills you want but live and learn i guess lol. 

Posted

I've been playing MMOs for close to 20 years, and this one has been the best experience I've had. I've played mostly on heavy PvP servers in other games, and PvP has usually been the cause of many of them to fail. Those that didn't fail, eventually added non pvp options. There has to be a balance and some penalty for unfair PvP, and this game has that. This is not a PvP game nor is it a PvE game. It is an immersive world PvX game where there are penalties for being a jerk. There are more than enough mobs in the world to accommodate the population and more than enough things to do to keep you busy. When I sit down to play, I have so many options for what to do with no pressure to do anything specific. I do wish that there was a quest to lock my alts at 44.9 like the 49.9 quest. But other than that, I am quite happy with the game. I have not dropped my subs from other mmos yet, but if this game continues on the current path, I probably will soon.

Posted

The maturity is not in never complaining and taking everything as it is while telling yourself it could be worse. It is the way you complain or change things that make you an adult. This game has its flaws and demanding in constructive way that some fixable ones get well fixed is not childish, on the contrary, can only make for a better game for everyone.

I agree on that. Ok to complain but be constructive. No need for all the salt and toxicy cz that aint helping nobody. I take that is what you mean in simpler words ;)

Posted

Competitve players play the game, and complain max about class balance, and when it comes to game changes, they only go riot if something harms their pvp-friendly game settings. Or if they want to trashtalk another guild they consider competition but that's another matter :D

* Competitive camp sees casuals as a threat to their pvp-friendly space due to casual's complains about all pvp related stuff on the forums.

Casual players will come to forums and cry about death on afk fishing, death on afk pony exping, PK death on exp spots, game not being fair to their ideas of being friends with everyone, XP is too slow they cant catch up with 4h/week of gameplay, grass not growing fast enough ...

* Casuals see the competitive players as the utmost evil, impersonated devils that play the game just to make their life miserable in it. :) 

And there will never be mutual understanding between those 2 camps.  

Posted

the main drawback i find with BD  social interaction is almost none existant.   it feels like a shooter that wants to be more.  like a skyrim with bad quests and less rewards.

the only interaction between players in BD is a negative and utter toxic one.  since instead of cooperation we grief each other .  wich is not the most healthy approach if you ask me.

having no Trinity system , also worsen this situation.   you cannot trade with Friends, cannot trade with family.   instead of that you are forced to purchase at the auction house wich have been hacked to a point where buying any meaninful ítem becomes nearly imposible.

a silly loot and drop system for world boss.  where only one class (rangers ) get an opportunity to get their weapons upgrade.   melee clases are out of luck.  add to that the hacks where a superhéroe player can one shoot everyone and kill boss in a less than a few minutes.  

hacks that allow players to make millions in a few minutes, are also destroying the game economy.

pve atm consists of doing daily quests,  and grind forever untill your eyes balls turn red from boredom .

pvp atm is nothing but grief anyone you see grinding near you.

cash shop ítems overpriced.

the game has some game breaking issues.    and very few rewards  so at times it feels like a chore .

i like the game,  i really hope they manage to solve the main issues . 

Posted

Thanks for the great posts. Now that the Q&A is over I wonder if people have changed their feelings?

Posted

GREAT GAME all around.

8/10.

Posted

I'm curious to know what your feelings about BDO are.

MMORPG.com feels like BDO needs to fix its reputation. But how do you feel?

I'm speaking in terms of from launch till now. Do you think the game is what you wanted or what you deserved?

Knowing what you know now would you have still purchased the game?

No, I would not have bought this game if I had known the things I do now. Now I feel way to invested into the game to actually quit before the game is fully out. But I would never recommend this game to anyone, ever. In fact I already have stopped several people to coming to this game.

Thanks for the great posts. Now that the Q&A is over I wonder if people have changed their feelings?

No, it's even worse now.