• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PA's Business Plan

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Why is there a delay in content in the different regions around the world? What's the business strategy behind it? Im genuinely curious. Why not have the content be released at the same time in every region around the world like what blizzard does with WoW (for one example). 

Edited by Nayriko

Posted

Translating takes time

2 people like this

Posted

Why not?

Posted

Translating takes time

not that much time. Other international companies seem to be able to do it just fine and in a timely manner.

Why not?

because it causes a lot of anger confusion misinformation, and chaos throughout the game in its many regions.

Posted (edited)

Our game was published later then it was in KR or RU, so pushign all the content all together in short time isnt viable for the game expirience. Thats the first thing.

Then there are special changes for our region that will need time to implement in old patches for the developer on top of the normal patches for their region. Also there are bugs in the different version because of the extra changes that need to be adressed aswell and so on and so on. On top there is the translation from DAUM/the publisher that needs to be done.

So to dont pushing the content to fast AND get special changes for our region are things that can delay some content alot!

Edited by Myssy

Posted

Our game was published later then it was in KR or RU, so pushign all the content all together in short time isnt viable for the game expirience. Thats the first thing.

Then there are special changes for our region that will need time to implement in old patches for the developer on top of the normal patches for their region. Also there are bugs in the different version because of the extra changes that need to be adressed aswell and so on and so on. On top there is the translation from DAUM/the publisher that needs to be done.

So to dont pushing the content to fast AND get special changes for our region are things that can delay some content alot!

how come blizzard seems to handle this all pretty well unlike PA? They released wow in China after years of it being out already without a hitch. No catchup required

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Blizzard develops and published their own games, there's no middle man and all the versions receive the same patch at the same time.

BDO launched differently in every region, the Dev isnt the Publisher and they tweak each version to fit each region.

Its just different.

Edited by Hadex

Posted

Because different publishers for different regions.

Posted

I understand that I juse don't see the benefit towards that business model. Anyone care to fill me in? We've all seen the cons already but what are the pros?

Posted

There's not much to get? PA licenses the game to be published in other regions while making new content which is released when the publishers (unless PA doesn't want to, going by Ninja's situtation it seems) decide they want to.

Posted (edited)

Why is there a delay in content in the different regions around the world? What's the business strategy behind it? Im genuinely curious. Why not have the content be released at the same time in every region around the world like what blizzard does with WoW (for one example). 

wow asia took some time to catch up

Edited by Jiav

Posted

There's not much to get? PA licenses the game to be published in other regions while making new content which is released when the publishers (unless PA doesn't want to, going by Ninja's situtation it seems) decide they want to.

I get how, I'm asking why? All I see is cons to this business model and no pros.

Posted

not that much time. Other international companies seem to be able to do it just fine and in a timely manner.

because it causes a lot of anger confusion misinformation, and chaos throughout the game in its many regions.

and these other international companies would be ? cause i swear if you start comparing companies that have no where near the size of a team for localization then this thread for answers is stupid!

how come blizzard seems to handle this all pretty well unlike PA? They released wow in China after years of it being out already without a hitch. No catchup required

and there the finishing quote for me

you just compared a fairly large company "blizzard" to a very small barely even 50 staff members in the EU office for daum not to also mention multiple employees have multiple roles to deal with such as customer support and what not. so yeah this thread has officially become a nagging thread on how bad PA and daum EU do a poor job of localization for 3-4 different languages compared to *Blizzard* which own roughly 2000+ staff spread across the world!

Posted

I get how, I'm asking why? All I see is cons to this business model and no pros.

I know you understand this.

The population dips - throw some content out there - population is healthy for a bit. That's a very common strategy. 

Posted

Why are you comparing the bussines model of a company with decades of experience and worth billions to the one of an indy studio formed in 2010

The reality is that Pearl abyss doesnt have the disposable income to operate in other countries, thats why they work through publishers.

Are you like a teenager or something? Why does this have to be explained to you.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think there's a specific business model going on here on PA's part but (and I'm not knowledgeable on Pearl Abyss as a company) I'm guessing PA probably didn't have the resources to do everything themselves from the start and so it was just easier to leave publishers the trouble of dealing with everything not relating to the game's development. From what I remember PA had publishers interested in the game for specific regions early on. So again, different publishers for different regions means different content pacing. Basically.. it's just publishers doing business..

Why are you comparing the bussines model of a company with decades of experience and worth billions to the one of an indy studio formed in 2010

The reality is that Pearl abyss doesnt have the disposable income to operate in other countries, thats why they work through publishers.

Are you like a teenager or something? Why does this have to be explained to you.

This. I was trying to play and think at the same time and my reply took ages. :(

Posted

and these other international companies would be ? cause i swear if you start comparing companies that have no where near the size of a team for localization then this thread for answers is stupid!

and there the finishing quote for me

you just compared a fairly large company "blizzard" to a very small barely even 50 staff members in the EU office for daum not to also mention multiple employees have multiple roles to deal with such as customer support and what not. so yeah this thread has officially become a nagging thread on how bad PA and daum EU do a poor job of localization for 3-4 different languages compared to *Blizzard* which own roughly 2000+ staff spread across the world!

I'm not comparing Blizzard to Daum. I'm comparing them to Pearl Abyss.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0