• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to MAX fps through a Real Fullscreen Mode:

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello dear ones,

it took me quite a while to figure this out. I had lots of fps issues in this game and all were coming from the game altering your actual resolution and also and most importantly your refresh rate. Here is the solution:

The game has a problem with adjusting the game window settings (GWS) to a "real fullscreen". Often when you choose fullscreen (FS), it doesnt adjust to an actual fullscreen mode, but to merely a windowed-FS. A real FS is achieved when you see your monitor going blank and feel/see how it is "locking into the game". You know what effect I mean, I can only describe it that way. Simply going blank, black for a second is not enough.

The correct way is when you tab out, your game goes black for a second and then enables windowed-FS and asks you to keep it or go back into FS. After that you have to alt-tab again to be in your OS. That is proof that you were in real FS mode. If that does not happen, the game has simply adjusted to windowed-FS again. And it does that very often, no idea when and why.

The windowed fullscreen mode and windowed mode, both have huge performance issues. When you go Fullscreen, you will in this game get a solid FPS increase of around 20-30fps. It is very noticable.

... quoting me from another thread, seeing that this infor was needed:

The solution is rarely mentioned because so obvious: It is a resolution issue. Change your ingame resolution to FULLSCREEN and actually wait and see how your monitor blanks our and "locks into the game". If that happens, you are golden. If the game does not do that, and it often doesnt, it is a "fake fullscreen" and you are just again in FS-windowed. Or sometimes (but thats clearly to be noticed) in windowed mode.

The game changes the game window settings (GWS) guaranteed, when you change your resolution with it. Meaning: Just changing the GWS to .. fullscreen, did not do the trick for me, very often. The game didnt recognize and only did if you change the reso with the GWS to a lower one, and then after it gets registered, to a higher one / your prefered.

It took me quite some time to figure out and there are no clear indications anywhere. Not found a single post on the entire web, showing the correct procedure. But as always, if you have a problem, sooner or later you find out the answer for yourself. You have all the tools, my friend, dont need to always ask others.

The effect of this is solid 20-30fps increase for me.

PS: Forget calpheon and heidel. Esp calpheon is completely broken. You can notice an intense frame drop even when playing on super-low. All tested. Its a programming issue. Test all of this outside of this/these cities.

All the best

1 person likes this

Posted

like i havent got a single piece of advice to actuallu maximize my Max fps while full screen , + your English is pretty shitty and confusing

Posted

I have never experienced this, I have run both full screen and fs windowed, and get the same FPS. The only time I had an issue with FS windowed is when I was running 2 monitors and one was G-sync, and the other wasn't. But I am not sure what your setup is, or what your trying to describe here. The title is kind of a bait, people come here to see what settings you have used to get max FPS, and you haven't shared anything other than your specific setup, sometimes has problems.

Posted

like i havent got a single piece of advice to actuallu maximize my Max fps while full screen , + your English is pretty shitty and confusing

it is very simple, if you're confused it might be because you are stupid. 

Settings- Full screen - more FPS

Do not use windowed full screen. 

Posted

How it's worded is actually very confusing.

All the OP had to write are 2 sentences. "Game doesn't use real full screen. To enable real full screen, switch it to full screen with a lower resolution, then change the resolution back." He wrote a block of text but the main points weren't even clear.

An easier way of doing it is always start the game in full screen from your launcher.

4 people like this

Posted

The performance increase is more significant when you're running SLI since it will only make use of the additional cards in exclusive mode (actual fullscreen). 

The issue of the client not going into exclusive mode was not a problem in the beginning. It came a few patches in, and I don't know how to made it so. The solution I found, which is still more tedious than just logging into the game, is setting the game to fullscreen through the login client everytime I login. If I start the game in fullscreen, I can switch between fullscreen, windowed fullscreen, and windowed mode without a problem. I often log out in windowed fullscreen and forget to switch it in the login client though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Complains about language, writes like a retarded 5 year old. GG WP.

1 person likes this

Posted

How it's worded is actually very confusing.

All the OP had to write are 2 sentences. "Game doesn't use real full screen. To enable real full screen, switch it to full screen with a lower resolution, then change the resolution back." He wrote a block of text but the main points weren't even clear.

An easier way of doing it is always start the game in full screen from your launcher.

OP should just steal what you wrote.

Posted

OP should just steal what you wrote.

Yea, no offence to the OP, but that has to be one of the worst example of communication I've ever seen in my life. I only know what he meant because I already know how to fix it.

Posted

The performance increase is more significant when you're running SLI since it will only make use of the additional cards in exclusive mode (actual fullscreen). 

The issue of the client not going into exclusive mode was not a problem in the beginning. It came a few patches in, and I don't know how to made it so. The solution I found, which is still more tedious than just logging into the game, is setting the game to fullscreen through the login client everytime I login. If I start the game in fullscreen, I can switch between fullscreen, windowed fullscreen, and windowed mode without a problem. I often log out in windowed fullscreen and forget to switch it in the login client though.

Just going to quote him here because he is 100% correct. When I play with my monitors in a certain configuration I get a 3240x1980 res that is quite taxing on a single 770, luckily the game does include support for SLI and uses it to great effect. I namely use my other two monitors for editing textures and models on the fly as I sample benchmark works in games to get a feel of how work is progressing. For the first time I've actually considered using them for gaming instead of workstation extensions as the game looks stunning on a higher res such as this.

And its playable on higher settings too which just tickles me pink for how old this PC is by todays standards *(Note not HIGHEST, higher 40+Fps) 

Posted

Well, OP is not wrong. there is a performance boost in fullscreen mode. Especially for SLI users like myself. However, since Mediah 'true' fullscreen is broken. I  managed to get it to work earlier today for a few minutes until i alt-tabbed while riding somewhere, but no luck since.

Posted

screenshot added

Hello dear ones,

it took me quite a while to figure this out. I had lots of fps issues in this game and all were coming from the game altering your actual resolution and also and most importantly your refresh rate. Here is the solution:

The game has a problem with adjusting the game window settings (GWS) to a "real fullscreen". Often when you choose fullscreen (FS), it doesnt adjust to an actual fullscreen mode, but to merely a windowed-FS. A real FS is achieved when you see your monitor going blank and feel/see how it is "locking into the game". You know what effect I mean, I can only describe it that way. Simply going blank, black for a second is not enough.

The correct way is when you tab out, your game goes black for a second and then enables windowed-FS and asks you to keep it or go back into FS. After that you have to alt-tab again to be in your OS. That is proof that you were in real FS mode. If that does not happen, the game has simply adjusted to windowed-FS again. And it does that very often, no idea when and why.

The windowed fullscreen mode and windowed mode, both have huge performance issues. When you go Fullscreen, you will in this game get a solid FPS increase of around 20-30fps. It is very noticable.

... quoting me from another thread, seeing that this infor was needed:

All the best

I've added a screenshot on what must happen, if you run the proper and "real" fullscreen mode, when you tab out. You get this info box. If this is not the case, you are running the "fake fullscreen".

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0