• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Maehwa compared to sorc?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, I made a post about this in the musa section but wanted to make one here since I'm more interested in maehwa than musa. But my question is how do maehwa compare to sorcs now after the patch in regards to their pvp/bosses/farming? I main a sorc currently (lvl55) it's a fun class and good damage but maehwa (lvl 51) was also a fun class to play with it not being as boring as sorc (yes I know I said sorc is fun but maehwa was a little more interactive). So I just wanted some input from other maehwa's out there. Any advice would be great. Ty

Posted

maehwa is a shitty sorc

Posted

Sorcs can farm better but they only shine in medium - large where they can spam and hit entire groups. We are more small scale pvp - medium...which imo is more fun anyways.

if you want small scale go maehwa. Just know the skill cap is much higher than other classes released. 

Posted

nah, sorc is better in every situation

Posted

Sorceress is vastly superior in every regard and way easier to play. They do more damage with one stun into Dark Flame combo than a Maehwa does with her entire skillset and desync gives their iframes near permanent invulnerability in comparison to a Maehwas superarmor on Chase. They fill the same role in PvP, Sorceress simply does it better.

Maehwa is more fun and challenging though.

Posted

Ouch lol

Posted

Sorceress is vastly superior in every regard and way easier to play. They do more damage with one stun into Dark Flame combo than a Maehwa does with her entire skillset and desync gives their iframes near permanent invulnerability in comparison to a Maehwas superarmor on Chase. They fill the same role in PvP, Sorceress simply does it better.

Maehwa is more fun and challenging though.

Agreed... dumped my Sorc for the Maehwa... no regrets...

Posted

The fact that maehwa is so much more fun is one reason I'm gonna gear my maehwa again. Not gonna get rid of my sorc stuff just incase but I enjoy the mobility and combat of maehwa, feels smooth.

Posted

Beware it doesn't remain that way post awakening . Or so I hear.

Posted

I play both (along with my witch, ranger and valk), I love the dmg output (burst) I can do on my sorc and the Iframes, but the gameplay style of the Plum is more "fun" in my opinion. Like mentioned above, the combos seem to flow more smoothly than my sorc (or most other classes I play).

Despite having the nearly same gear, my plum seems to get hit harder than my sorc on the same types of mobs, but it's still a fun class to play.

Posted

As other people have said, maehwa is literally a shitty sorc, that being said i actually love my maehwa and hate my sorc so it's worth it in the end, i do refer to my self as a pretend sorceress though. 

Posted

never really liked sorcs even in KR version.

plum is love, plum is life.

VjvIH1R.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I actually dumped my Ranger to play Maehwa and never looked back. This class is so much more fun and organic to play. It is also way more complex than any other classes, it allows for various types of gameplay thus not making it a brainless repetition of 1, 2, 3... never boring! :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I actually dumped my Ranger to play Maehwa and never looked back. This class is so much more fun and organic to play. It is also way more complex than any other classes, it allows for various types of gameplay thus not making it a brainless repetition of 1, 2, 3... never boring! :) 

I agree, you have a lot more freedom in how you play... kind of. It's not like BDO has a lot of choices for playstyle (or any really), but there's at least a small aspect of it to Plum. I started increasing my slice and maxing deep slice, rather than doing the standard rm-decap-phantom-lunar spam and it's a lot of fun and hits like a truck with knockdowns.

Posted

Sorc does everything musa/maehwa does but quicker, more reliably, more effectively, and much more easily.  Like the only thing we have over sorcs is running away.

The fact that they can perma block and we can't, when they already have iframes, tilts me to no end.

Posted

Sorc does everything musa/maehwa does but quicker, more reliably, more effectively, and much more easily.  Like the only thing we have over sorcs is running away.

The fact that they can perma block and we can't, when they already have iframes, tilts me to no end.

Perma-block while attacking might I add.

Posted

Because we are all awesome and Samurai's at heart... I present this evidence that Musa/Mawhwa should always take no more than half damage from any source... especially from anything ranged...

Posted

Because we are all awesome and Samurai's at heart... I present this evidence that Musa/Mawhwa should always take no more than half damage from any source... especially from anything ranged...

Musa and Maehwa isn't even based on Samurai. Just because they are Oriental and have a blade doesn't mean they are Samurai. Ninja and Kunoichi takes the place representing Japan and even more so when Ninja gets their awakening, then he will be the Samurai.

Posted

^ so what you're telling me is that the ninja is more Samurai than the bladder? Aren't ninjas, ninjas?! Do Samurai's use bow or Shuriken/Kunai? 

Maybe the Musa/Maewha is based off of the Korean Samurai?

Posted

Thats exactly what they're based on.

Posted

Hmm... interesting. Maybe Ninja is based on Ninjas?

1 person likes this

Posted

^ so what you're telling me is that the ninja is more Samurai than the bladder? Aren't ninjas, ninjas?! Do Samurai's use bow or Shuriken/Kunai? 

First, Korean Samurai doesn't make sense, Samurai is a Japanese term.

There are rumors that Samurais are based on Ssaurabi, but no way to check it.

What I said was, Ninja's "awakening" is more Samurai.

So now Ninja class is mixed with two of Japanese society? so to speak, while Kunoichi gets an awakening weapon of India.

Musa/Maehwa are based on Korean Warriors, although we can't completely rule out Chinese influence here and there.

Posted

I feel like noone here knows how to play maehwa, everyone says Maehwa is a bad Sorc?
Maehwa beats Sorc in every aspecs: CC, dmg, aoe, block etc.
You can literally charge in a large group, kill 2-3 Wizards and peace out.

I feel like everyone is taking the easy route and just spams a single ability and judges the class from that single ablilty.

But thats just my opinion :P

Posted

After the last patch, Sorcs got their "I win button" skill trimmed down. So now they play as any other DPS. If anything, I find Maewhas way more engaging and fun to play. My Sorc is mainly my cook.

Posted

I feel like noone here knows how to play maehwa, everyone says Maehwa is a bad Sorc?
Maehwa beats Sorc in every aspecs: CC, dmg, aoe, block etc.
You can literally charge in a large group, kill 2-3 Wizards and peace out.

I feel like everyone is taking the easy route and just spams a single ability and judges the class from that single ablilty.

But thats just my opinion :P

Thats the thing though, We have more CC, but we have to rely on that CC if you we want to get a kill without really high AP. Our damage output is great, but as a meahwa it isn't very wide-ranged, so its easy to miss a lot of it. Aoe isn't "that" good for the same reason, but it REALLY eats people if you can catch a group of players in it and yes, the block is nice for dis-engaging.