• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA: Present and future Warriors, This Class is now Obsolete

Will you Reroll, leave, or endure?   169 votes

1. 1. Will you Reroll, leave, or endure?

• Reroll
    • Leave
    • Stay Warrior, attempt to endure

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: Our float combo no longer works as of the patch coming out this friday (6/17/16), we no longer have any meaningful PVP DPS, we are now significantly less desirable than we already were.

This should probably be stickied, as it is very relevant and the actual truth of the matter.

To anyone wondering if warrior is a class you should start, the answer is no. To anyone currently playing warrior, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but this class is now obsolete. Today in the Q&A, it was confirmed that awakenings are "planned after valencia 2." For those unaware, in KR the warrior got the greatsword awakening just before Valencia went live. (Appropriate dates have been provided, this doesn't change the overall message, but is worth correcting. Valencia P1 release: 23.07.2015 | Greatsword release: 22.10.2015) Why? because the Sword and Shield is incapable of effectively or efficiently farming mobs in Valencia content. This isn't hyperbole or an over-exaggeration, this is fact, and it has been proven both here in the forums and multiple times on the BDO subreddit. Almost all of the mobs that you will be grinding in Valencia will be highly resistant or completely immune to CC effects, which is what the S&S kit currently relies on in order to farm at a significantly slower pace than many if not all of the other classes currently in the game. Scars of Dusk is only strong enough in the current build because Ground Slam will set up most of the mobs to receive a down attack from it, resulting in acceptable clear speeds once every 10 seconds. This will no longer be the case in Valencia.

We already fail to specialize in anything, with zerkers offering more survivability and grapples, and Valks offering more survivability and burst. The move to 16+ gear and significantly harder PVE content will push our class out of the game entirely. Warrior's niche for group play was previously their ability to create dense mob packs and provide decent AOE cc to the burst area. Both of these aspects will no longer exist.

Some guilds on my server have already seen the writing on the wall and are refusing to accept warriors into their guild. If you're a new player who doesn't currently have a guild, this is a HUGE issue for you and I cannot stress enough how important it is that you DO NOT roll a warrior.

In closing, if you intend to continue to play the game, I highly suggest rerolling to either witch or ranger. Ranger currently is and will continue to be the best PVE class in the game, especially with the release of 16+ gear. They have absurd burst damage (shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIhb7VwuIKI), even after the nerfs (post nerf damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWcy0AJUE_s) They will be the best class in the game overall until awakenings are introduced, and even after that they will likely remain in the top 3. It's tragic to see this happen to a class that you play, but for no comprehensible reason, this is what PA and/or Daum want for this class. There will not be any buffs coming prior to greatsword, so don't get your hopes up for that, as that was also clearly stated by the Devs in the Q&A.

The one bit of good news to take away from all of this is that if nothing else, Valkyrie shares most of the same gear as we do, and is overall a better class in every category except mobility. For those without the time to change classes and completely re-gear a character, Valk is your best option.

Edited by Biggians
2 people like this

Posted

With all do respect, but I've played much worse classes in less impressive games. I've already played a Ranger up to 53 and just can't seem to find the motivation to take her any higher. Some play styles will just fit certain people, weak or strong.

I'd also appreciate it if you made the poll options a little less biased; aside from that your words are fairly unbiased and I agree with a lot of your points, but that doesn't mean I'm not having fun with the class. :D

Posted

I am well aware of my warrior's weaknesses, but I was just recently accepted into a pretty hardcore guild that PvPs with others like there no tomorrow. I actually have to step up my game and grind to 56 before Valencia but other than that they did not seem to have an issue with my class. I think frontliners are need ed no matter what for GvG. My gear is pretty decent though. 

1 person likes this

Posted

warrior for life... i'll be at pirates soloing just fine

2 people like this

Posted

good thing warrior is one of the strongest classes when awaken comes out

Posted (edited)

I am well aware of my warrior's weaknesses, but I was just recently accepted into a pretty hardcore guild that PvPs with others like there no tomorrow. I actually have to step up my game and grind to 56 before Valencia but other than that they did not seem to have an issue with my class. I think frontliners are need ed no matter what for GvG. My gear is pretty decent though.

Zerkers are better on the fronline in every possible way, but you're not wrong with saying the need for them isn't going to go away. That being said, you can contribute infinitely more to a GvG as a zerker than you ever will as a warrior. Warrior can at best get clutch AOE stuns since the ult and ground slam can come out relatively quickly, but the zerker can stomp spam for CC and their ult is a much better and longer CC. I also never said that every guild isn't taking warriors, but that I've seen several with guild messages that say something along the lines of "accepting all classes except warrior."

Essentially what I'm saying is, if your guild took you as a warrior, it's because they probably need frontliners in general, but if they were tight on space, they'd hold out for a zerker or ask you to reroll.

With all do respect, but I've played much worse classes in less impressive games. I've already played a Ranger up to 53 and just can't seem to find the motivation to take her any higher. Some play styles will just fit certain people, weak or strong.

I'd also appreciate it if you made the poll options a little less biased; aside from that your words are fairly unbiased and I agree with a lot of your points, but that doesn't mean I'm not having fun with the class. :D

the poll options are just a reflection of how I feel. I didn't vote on it, but I've already decided that if I do continue to play I'll have to reroll in order to compete properly. Ranger and Zerker are what I'm choosing between, probably ranger since it will be god tier for several months once we get 16+. Without awakenings nothing will compete with it.

good thing warrior is one of the strongest classes when awaken comes out

highly debatable. I'd say it's somewhere in the middle overall, but perhaps a bit higher in smaller scale engagements. It certainly can't hold a candle to the awakened zerker.

Edited by Biggians
1 person likes this

Posted

Zerkers are better on the fronline in every possible way, but you're not wrong with saying the need for them isn't going to go away. That being said, you can contribute infinitely more to a GvG as a zerker than you ever will as a warrior. Warrior can at best get clutch AOE stuns since the ult and ground slam can come out relatively quickly, but the zerker can stomp spam for CC and their ult is a much better and longer CC. I also never said that every guild isn't taking warriors, but that I've seen several with guild messages that say something along the lines of "accepting all classes except warrior."

Essentially what I'm saying is, if your guild took you as a warrior, it's because they probably need frontliners in general, but if they were tight on space, they'd hold out for a zerker or ask you to reroll.

the poll options are just a reflection of how I feel. I didn't vote on it, but I've already decided that if I do continue to play I'll have to reroll in order to compete properly. Ranger and Zerker are what I'm choosing between, probably ranger since it will be god tier for several months once we get 16+. Without awakenings nothing will compete with it.

highly debatable. I'd say it's somewhere in the middle overall, but perhaps a bit higher in smaller scale engagements. It certainly can't hold a candle to the awakened zerker.

I completely agree zerkers are much more valuable. On the guild announcement it said if people are not 56 by Valencia then it's auto G kick. Then it says Zerkers are excluded from that rule lol.

Posted

Nothing new here. Move along now. Either play warrior or don't, but don't expect buffs or anything like that. Warrior isn't a top tier class but does do well provided certain conditions are met.

Posted

Nothing new here. Move along now. Either play warrior or don't, but don't expect buffs or anything like that. Warrior isn't a top tier class but does do well provided certain conditions are met.

The conditions being that there isn't a Zerker, valk, or Tamer there to do your job, only better?

Posted

The conditions being that there isn't a Zerker, valk, or Tamer there to do your job, only better?

Yeah. 

Posted (edited)

I'll remain warrior but I must admit, as a guild leader myself I'd take any ranged class over warrior if I had to choose. I know our flaws. 

Daum does not care, they even said that desync was a matter for later in the Q#A so. They should release awakenings one by one. Desync annoying us in pvp is one thing, not being able to pve is another.

If only they fixed desync, warrior is a beast 1v1 or small scale fights but is not a game changer in GvGs like horse wizards or high ap rangers with frenzy deleting people after people.

Edited by LoneWolf

Posted

Don't worry, everything will be ADJUSTED in due time. You're probably gonna play WoW legion by then tho. Or something like revelation/bless online if you're into Asian MMOs in general. Or just give up on the genre altogether lol. 

Meanwhile releasing shitty Valencia is much more important than dealing with desync and no exp loss on death in a -----ING OWPVP GAME is not carebear at all. This publisher is braindead and I bet that they won't stop and ----- up our version even more.

I would reroll, but I don't enjoy any other class gameplay-wise nearly as much. I could try ninja, but guess what "developers are not happy with it's balance". Yeah, totally. Seems like they're happy enough to release it on RU THIS FRIDAY though. The amount of lies, shitty decisions that DAUM EU feeds would probably beat the Guinness world record. Not to mention the fact that they're straight up ignoring important issues and consider that once-A-month communication is okay..

1 person likes this

Posted

Seeing as I have 9 characters already and I am currently leveling my Warrior, I see no reason for any of the poll options. I certainly won't delete my warrior and I also won't just continue on with it indefinitely, as I had no intention of making it my "main" anyways.

I will play it in  my rotation of characters as I have already been doing.

Posted

I am currently leveling my Warrior

So that means you already know all about the class.  okmangoodpoint

1 person likes this

Posted

So many polls about this kind of topic already and every time there's only one answer.

We will play Warrior and we will have fun.

Now stop crying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, some will. I am working up the courage to level my ranger. I don't know if I will. I was thinking about quitting until awakenings but they put them out so far that I will be so far behind this game won't be worth playing when I come back.

That is cool though, they can continue to bleed players because of the complete lack of balance this game has and all the other bullshit they continue to do nothing about. Good on them.

Posted

Well, some will. I am working up the courage to level my ranger. I don't know if I will. I was thinking about quitting until awakenings but they put them out so far that I will be so far behind this game won't be worth playing when I come back.

That is cool though, they can continue to bleed players because of the complete lack of balance this game has and all the other bullshit they continue to do nothing about. Good on them.

This is the sad reality, Daum made their money at launch and by the end of summer the NA/EU version will be a shell of what it could have been if they had their shit together from the beginning.  They knew they had all this content and somehow completely managed to screw up its release schedule.

They are more concerned with cramming Valencia down our throats than giving us the content/balance that we are looking for. No one is crying for Valencia. People however do want Awakenings, Balance, Night Vendor. 

Posted (edited)

For those unaware, in KR the warrior got the greatsword awakening just before Valencia went live. Why? because the Sword and Shield is incapable of effectively or efficiently farming mobs in Valencia content. This isn't hyperbole or an over-exaggeration, this is fact[...]

[...] Ranger currently is and will continue to be the best PVE class in the game, especially with the release of 16+ gear. They have absurd burst damage (shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIhb7VwuIKI), even after the nerfs (post nerf damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWcy0AJUE_s) They will be the best class in the game overall until awakenings are introduced, and even after that they will likely remain in the top 3. It's tragic to see this happen to a class that you play, but for no comprehensible reason, this is what PA and/or Daum want for this class. There will not be any buffs coming prior to greatsword, so don't get your hopes up for that, as that was also clearly stated by the Devs in the Q&A.

Valencia P1 release: 23.07.2015
Greatsword release: 22.10.2015

Fact, huh? Wondering how those 3 months went in Korea, must have been all re-rolled, no other possibility.

Ranger is strong, so is every class with enough gear. This guy leveled there from lv55 to lv60, alone as a Warrior. How weird that this is possible.

Your videos also kind of miss a point. First one is from before 2 nerfs to Shotgun (and many other nerfs) while showcasing someone who does nothing. Maybe this video would be more useful, surviving multiple people at once, including Rangers, for a rather long time. The 2nd video makes no sense with your statement. Only a single pre awakening skill was used, 'Shotgun', which dealt 1k damage (Crit + down attack) and it can be expected from that AP and her buff bar (that covers >60% of the screen length). Makes no sense to talk about the pre awakening state when awakening skills did almost all the damage in that video.

Ranger indeed remains in the top 3, together with Sorceress and Warrior post awakening patch. And all other classes aren't far off either.

And Belsazar's statement about awakening weapons made no sense anyway in that interview.

Edited by Alterist

Posted (edited)

-snip-

OP updated with proper dates. I ended up fact-checking your statement by looking up the dates the valencia trailer and greatsword trailer were posted, the overall point remains unchanged, that farming the content with S&S is entirely ineffective and inefficient, which remains a true statement. Your video link is utterly useless, surviving against people in RBF is a joke. I have horrid DP armor and some fairly basic DP accessories, and I can easily tank just as much damage. RBF is a significantly worse source for appropriate damage output than Siege wars or flatline arena testing. They didn't even have gear gated RBF when that vid was made. The point of the videos I provided is to demonstrate what is absolutely ridiculous burst damage. Blocking or moving won't magically mitigate even half of that, the burst is unreal. The buff bar is irrelevant, if you're not properly buffing yourself for GvG then you're doing something very wrong. I'm aware that's the kind of damage a ranger is expected to output with that AP, that's the point. It's insane. You will never have a reasonable amount of DP to handle that damage output, while simultaneously not having a ranged advantage or damage output that's even in the same ballpark as what Rangers will be throwing around.

What happened in the 3 months leading up to the GS coming out? It was the worst class in the game, it got power creeped by the Valk, as clearly demonstrated by the current live version in NA. Things only get worse from here, waiting 3 months for them to get better, on top of being the least desired (and arguably worst) class in the game, are serious repercussions that people should be aware of.

Edited by Biggians
1 person likes this

Posted

while the game is not very warrior friendly atm , its not as horrible as to just never play the class at all. probably the biggest issue with people getting melted with high dp is that they are using taritas/heve with a vangertz shield and they practically have 0 DR in their dp , meaning if they fight people with moderate accuracy , they get melted and fast.

Posted

Ranger indeed remains in the top 3, together with Sorceress and Warrior post awakening patch. And all other classes aren't far off either.

Discarding zerkers awakening, which is considered the strongest one (or it was)... :D

Posted

Discarding zerkers awakening, which is considered the strongest one (or it was)... :D

i think the point is that all of the awakenings for the most part bring all the classes much closer regarding damage (if nothing else much closer than they are now) with some being more burst and some being more dps but all of them being strong.

Posted

Daum(CC: @CM_Jouska @CM_Oli @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes) should reconsider their plan list cause if they now focusing only on Valencia update and hackers stuff and by this they make one of their class totally unplayable (desync, poor skill balance, worst class at PvE on Valencia map) then something is not correct here. KR gives warrior their awaking weapon to decrease this disadvantage and what NA/EU warrior have? Most of us already roll to other class to get any chance for gear up (khaza/world boss) cause as melee class we are worst there and when new content will be up - then it will be even worst.

Yesteday I get same info, as @Biggians said, from couple friends at different guilds. Warriors are not welcome and only take guild slots - so Daum EU just killed one of ingame class cause tons of bug and unbalance.

Posted (edited)

Nvm

Edited by Nurold

Posted

warrior for life... i'll be at pirates soloing just fine

What level + GS would you recommend for somewhat efficiently farming pirates at solo? (I'm trying to get to 56, currently at 55.3%)