• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishing Issue: PERFECT catch = junk/bugged

Fishing "perfect" catch   103 votes

1. 1. Have you noticed this happening as well?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think it is a bug or working as intended?

• Probably a bug
    • Probably working as intended

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 posts in this topic

Posted

IDK if this should be in bug forum or not but I am sure everyone would agree that when you get the "PERFECT" catch in fishing (meaning you perfectly hit the space bar, you 99% of the time get JUNK. And I mean that I will be in a hotspot and get like 20-25 blue/yellows and then when I land "Perfect" I get a hook or a white fish.

Has this happened to anyone else ?

Posted

99% of the time outside hotspot.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think that the fish is determined at the time of biting, not at the time you reel in.  I've have perfect catches of just about everything (well, not that many perfect catches, but old hooks to gold fish).

1 person likes this

Posted

As someone who used to active fish a lot, I can tell you it is random. It definitely feels like its more often junk when you land a perfect roll, but I have gotten blues and yellows many, many times with perfect roll.

Posted

I actually try to FAIL perfect catches and just barely get it close to the end just because "perfect" gives me junk so much. Lol  And I only fish hotspots so I can go an hour with ONLY blue/yellow fish but the second I hit the "perfect" catch I get a jellyfish or a hook.

Posted

I've NEVER gone anywhere close to that long while actively fishing without catching something white. Are you sure you aren't afk fishing and have "throw away junk" turned on, then come back to active fish and perfect roll a white? I agree that it feels like perfect rolls give garbage most of the time, but I've personally never gone more than maybe 10 fish without catching something white. Not saying its impossible obviously, with the RNG in the game ANYTHING is possible. I'd be willing to bet someone out there has killed only 2 ogres in his life and got an ogre ring both times... 

Posted

I actually try to FAIL perfect catches and just barely get it close to the end just because "perfect" gives me junk so much. Lol  And I only fish hotspots so I can go an hour with ONLY blue/yellow fish but the second I hit the "perfect" catch I get a jellyfish or a hook.

A hook , in a hotspot? Pretty sure that's not even possible .

Posted

A hook , in a hotspot? Pretty sure that's not even possible .

It is when you get "perfect" catch, which is my point. lol

Posted

Hmm learn something new each day ( master 3 fisher , never got a hook in a hot spot lol ) :)

Posted

its working as intended because perfect catch only means you dont have to do the minigame that would normaly come after the first minigame. What you get as catch is still just random!

1 person likes this

Posted

Then you are not at the hotspot. A small change in angle or position can take you off the hotspot and give you a completely different loot table.

There are no hooks or junk caught at a hotspot, period. The only "junk" at such a spot are Silver Keys.

1 person likes this

Posted

Then you are not at the hotspot. A small change in angle or position can take you off the hotspot and give you a completely different loot table.

There are no hooks or junk caught at a hotspot, period. The only "junk" at such a spot are Silver Keys.

I know what a hotspot is stupid. That's the point of the thread. 0 junk until I hit "perfect" catch then it is junk.

Posted

then maybe you just were lucky before...a hotspot even if you activ fishing NEVER gives you junk not while perfect catch nor while you do the minigame.

Posted

you need to change your perspective on those silver keys think of them as green fish that only take up one inventory space no matter how many you catch

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey, I like those silver keys!

Posted

IDK if this should be in bug forum or not but I am sure everyone would agree that when you get the "PERFECT" catch in fishing (meaning you perfectly hit the space bar, you 99% of the time get JUNK. And I mean that I will be in a hotspot and get like 20-25 blue/yellows and then when I land "Perfect" I get a hook or a white fish.

Totally incorrect.  Perfect does not affect the drop, it just skips the minigame, definitely without a doubt.  I consistently, still, receive all kinds of rarities with "PERFECT"...including yellows, blues, greens..

Posted

Totally incorrect.  Perfect does not affect the drop, it just skips the minigame, definitely without a doubt.  I consistently, still, receive all kinds of rarities with "PERFECT"...including yellows, blues, greens..

Proof?  

Posted

I've pulled coalecanths with Perfects before.

The perfect just skips the second minigame.

Period. 

Posted

The perfect score just makes you skip the "Dance Dance Revolution" mini game.

What you caught was already decided.

Posted

Odd how I can get 25 blue /yellows and never a hook but when I get a "perfect" I get a hook or jellyfish. Lol. I guess I'll post again on the bug section so it can be seen by experts and not average gamers or trolls.  At least if they could look into it or reply then I will shut up. For now, it's an issue.

Posted

Hooks are not possible at hotspots, white fish (such as jellyfish) are possible though.

Posted

I just got a perfect and caught a yellow..

Posted

RNG brah, RNG.

Posted

I am now Master 2 and I get better fish now on perfect catches but early on it seemed that all I got was white or junk.

Posted

I don't remember much about fishing last month.... but I'm pretty darned sure that most of the times I accidentally landed the perfect catch, an actual fish would be at the other end and not an empty hook like the last 5 perfect catches I got yesterday in the middle of a very "abundant" location that was otherwise showering me in Gold & Blue fishes

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0