• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvP is killing the game !

172 posts in this topic

Posted

To op ofc lol ; D

yeah thought so lol !!!!

Posted (edited)

Separate PvP Servers with the normal ruleset... and PvE Servers where both have to desclare.. and problem solved.

You see, RIFT did that and every pvper would go to the pve server and flag themselves and look for prey... the pvp servers were empty. Tera, same boat. Where are these games now? I don't think anyone here really wants that. SWTOR tried it a different way. They gave you a pve quest and one part was in a pvp-zone. A lot of people just forfeited getting their HK-Droid(They are still trying it in KOTFE). AOW would have pvp-on from level 1 and that frustrated a lot of people(getting ganked in safe-zones by higher-level players). BD seem to strike that balance(or want to) and I like it. Spend your time, before getting to the pvp-on level, getting to know your class and the system mechanics, after that pvp-on. Swordsman online was like this and it was not so bad.

Many are afraid of pvp for different reasons. Some because Hand-Eye coordination(clicking sklills is not supported in this game) is not so responsive as much younger or seasoned players. Many just want to pvp when they are in the mood to(not a friend of this statement, but it's their opinion and I accept it). This game has both elements, but the underlying pvp-element of siege wars and gvg/rvr is there, because that was/is their intention from the start. However, saying this is a pvp game is not technically wrong but a misconception I feel. The life-skills are in the game for a reason. They know pvp-only players would have less interest in these life skills(unless they need it to gear up/craft). That is why you can power-level your way to max and, well, pvp to your hearts content. They also know, that this life-skill mechanics would be very attractive to many pve players as well. Hence the reason they are in the game... yes, the grind is wanted.

Having to segregate people in order to appease the whining, crying or babyraging is only going to change the fundamental basis they intended for this game. That is, GvG. I came to this game because of both. I played Warframe, grinding is in my blood(haha). I also played AOW, Swordsman Online, EVE, UO and pvping is also in my blood(the rush is real when you defeat another player and no AI). They are trying to balance it even more, but many of us(PvE and PVP players alike) aren't really patient with them it seem.

Edited by Varsgod
Misconception cleared up.

Posted (edited)

Having to segregate people in order to appease the whining, crying or babyraging is only going to change the fundamental basis they intended for this game. That is, RvR. I came to this game because of both. I played Warframe, grinding is in my blood(haha). I also played AOW, Swordsman Online, EVE, UO and pvping is also in my blood(the rush is real when you defeat another player and no AI). They are trying to balance it even more, but many of us(PvE and PVP players alike) aren't really patient with them it seem.

Not necessarily a bad post but be really careful about the bolded part, because it's a classic misconception.

BDO is not articulated around a RvR model and was never meant to be.

It's a GvG model, and that implies fundamental differences.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted (edited)

Not a bad post but be careful about the bolded part, because it's a classic misconception.

BDO is not articulated around a RvR model and was never meant to be.

It's a GvG model, and that implies fundamental differences.

Okay, but a question then. Isn't RvR actually GroupvGroup? In different games it's referred to as RacevRace and such. I felt RvR because it's on a massive group scale. I'll edit it out if I'm fully wrong and clear up my misconception.

Edited by Varsgod

Posted

TL;DR but lol@ OP, carebear

Posted (edited)

RvR means Realm versus Realm.

It implies predetermined Factions, usually chosen by the player at the chreation of his character. It's basicaly Alliance vs Horde, Republic Vs Empire or that kind of stuff, and is usually found in themeparks
So in the end, you'll only fight against the red guy .... cause you're the blue one, and it creates a sclerotic warfront without any real kind of evolution. The number of beligerant parties, understand factions, will allways be the same (usually 2 or 3). You fight the other guy for the simple reason that he chose the other side when creating his character.

In a GvG model (like EvE, Lineage 2 or BDO)  there are no predetermined factions. Any group of players is a faction by itself, any guild can decide whether they can compet or cooperate with the other groups. Today's foes can become tomorrow allies, and conversely

It induces a notion which you dont find in the RvR model : politics.

It's the way PA has chosen to induce another notion which is fundamental to avoid the traditional themepark issue which is content drought : emergence, and emergent gameplay.

Edited by Capitaine Courage
1 person likes this

Posted

RvR means Realm versus Realm.

It implies predetermined Factions, usually chosen by the player at the chreation of his character. It's basicaly Alliance vs Horde, Republic Vs Empire or that kind of stuff, usually found in Themeparks

Sou in the end, you'll only fight against the red guy .... cause you're the blue one, and it creates a sclerotic warfront without any real kind of evolution. The number of beligerant parties, understand factions, will allways be the same. You fight the other guy for the simple reason that he chose the other side when creating his character.

In a GvG model (like EvE, Lineage 2 or BDO)  there are no predetermined Faction. Any group of plaers, any guild can decide wether they can compet or coperate wuith the other groups. Today's foes can become tomorrow allies.

It induces a notion which you dont find in the RvR model : politics.

It's the way PA has chosen to induce another notion which is fundamental to avoid the traditional themepark issue which is content drought : emergence, and emergent gameplay.

Okay, thanks. Will change it then. Now I understand it.

Posted (edited)

What is your problem? This "NonPK go to swim" tactic is nice and peaceful. Kicking AFK players with horses to the monsters in peace area in Archeage was same fun thing.  If you go to PvP area as AFK player you deserve the water. :D

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

I could go with this, though 2 other options:

1. re-instate the Level 50 pvp-enable quest.  Granted some PvE oriented players will not be happy with this since it locks them out of a lot of content, but on the other hand many people used to ask for this quest to be fixed before being completely ignored by everyone at Daum/PA.
  2. I think a server rule-set that allows OWPvP in cases of GvG would work.  I understand some people believe OWPvP automatically means FFA, but this is simply incorrect. 

Option #2 would still need something for outlaws.  Perhaps if they kill an opposing guild member under level 45?  Could consider them civilians, and killing them a war crime.  And yes, forgot to mention I think with Option #2, everyone in either guild at war should be subject to OWPvP anywhere.

Yep, of course,also in the PvE-Server,  PvP activities like node warrant PvP to be enabled, automatically.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep, of course,also in the PvE-Server,  PvP activities like node warrant PvP to be enabled, automatically.

oh hell No! If you want a pve server then you'll get one, but you should not get anything pvp related, no nodewars, no arena, no siege, no war dec.

Posted

Damn the guys killing fishers seems to had so much fun lol, I'd definitely try it out too hahahaha.

Yeah well, it also seems that this is the only PvP they can actually win, because of the aeons it took em to kill AFKs.

And the ship to ship combat in BDO is total crap. Archage has that field covered with excellence.

Posted

So a red ranger jumps out of the bushes and tries to kill me!

I don't know what goes through some peoples minds. I wear a pearl outfit so they couldn't see that I was in gathering duds, but I had no hat which might have been a clue. Anyway I run away scairt - still being scrub-tier - and this cat is still following me tossing arrows everywhere. Noticing that I wasn't taking squat for damage, I said ----- this and suited up. Chased after that mofo when he jumps on his steed and is off. Find him over the hill mixing it up with a witch from Amoral - I mean, how dumb can you be? So now we're both after this clod, and if it wasn't for having a good horse, dude would have been meat.

Story brought to you by owPvP. The point is if you PvEs take away the owPvP Imma figuratively Liam Neeson the lot of you. ;)

You'll spend more time going from 50-51 than you will going 1-45.

That's an exaggeration. :P 

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know what goes through some peoples minds. I wear a pearl outfit so they couldn't see that I was in gathering duds, but I had no hat which might have been a clue. Anyway I run away scairt - still being scrub-tier - and this cat is still following me tossing arrows everywhere. Noticing that I wasn't taking squat for damage, I said ----- this and suited up. Chased after that mofo when he jumps on his steed and is off. Find him over the hill mixing it up with a witch from Amoral - I mean, how dumb can you be? So now we're both after this clod, and if it wasn't for having a good horse, dude would have been meat.

Story brought to you by owPvP. The point is if you PvEs take away the owPvP Imma figuratively Liam Neeson the lot of you. ;)

I don't doubt that you have a very special set of skills :D 

I don't think OWPvP is going anywhere though.  They've mitigated some of the more damaging griefing potential, now they just need to balance it back to a more neutral position.  They're gonna need outlaws to populate their incoming city after all, and to give the rest of us a reason to form up the posse ;)... speaking of those skills

1 person likes this

Posted

That's an exaggeration. :P 

If they take away OWPVP I can't RP a fearsome scourge of the seas :(

gimme cookies..... or we leave you on a beach with a single shot

mwahahahhaaaa

Posted

I don't doubt that you have a very special set of skills :D 

Yeah I'm a special snowflake alright.  xD

The more this nonsense continues the more I wanna "form up" and fly to the Daum and tell them with extreme prejudice to reinstate the level 50 PvP quest. My assumption is that it got removed because beta players were in a rush to mix it up. Now that we're full of live players, there doesn't seem to be a logical reason not to revert. :/

Posted

Yeah I'm a special snowflake alright.  xD

The more this nonsense continues the more I wanna "form up" and fly to the Daum and tell them with extreme prejudice to reinstate the level 50 PvP quest. My assumption is that it got removed because beta players were in a rush to mix it up. Now that we're full of live players, there doesn't seem to be a logical reason not to revert. :/

I agree, you guys need to grow up and stop having fun with this nonsense, otherwise we're gonna reinstate the PvP block button.

Posted

Yeah, I've been having a few problems with aholes wanting to just knock me off my horse while auto pathing, some positive karma players of course.. You know, they just want to knock you off, so that 8hr you're away, expecting to be auto pathing your horse.. you know, you're just standing in the road like some jackazz...

I dunno why people wanna go around fighting boats and essentially defenseless players-- it's like the kind of people who'd enjoy taking candy from babies essentially, those are the guys who do this kinda thing.. 

I freaking hate these guys and I hope that in time we get some PVP disabled (essentially PVE) channels. 

Wagons are so slow too, so even if you're not AFK, (especially if you have a trainer shirt on, 20 whole DP) ... you can't even get away or do anything about being killed.

Like. This isn't even real PVP, fighting AFKers? Really? 

That's even easier than fighting the PVE mobs, when they were broken.. Cuz at least they still kinda moved around.

Honestly, I think these pathetic players will quit the game sooner than later-- since it has to get boring at some point, killing afk-ers.

Really? That's why 44 levels ( Over 75% of the game ) is NOT PVP? PVP is only a small part of the end game. Gathering, Crafting, Trading, Fishing, Breeding, Farming, etc is PVP right?  According to you it is!  BDO is NOT a PVP game! It's a mmo that caters to EVERYONE, not just you!  I have 10 characters and I play every day since before launch. Most of my characters are in their 30's and I don't want to PVP. I'm having a blast with this game. So is my wife. There is Sooo much to do and I'll never have to PVP to have fun. 

As a matter of fact, yes, we would like to advance beyond level 44 to experience the higher content but rude idiot PVP'ers keep us from doing that. However, with this new "no exp loss if pk'ed" addition, we can safely venture on. All pk'ers do now is inconvenience us. 

When will you PVP'ers understand that this is NOT JUST a PVP game and stay in your own little world and leave others that don't want to be there alone!

So true. If anything BDO is more a Life Skill game.. For me, combat against PVE monsters hasn't even taken up half my time.. Like hell I have time to fight players, pfft.. I have things to grind, items to craft, horses to train and traders to trade with! 

I also didn't want to get past the PVP cap, but I ultimately did to play along with my significant other as well for the higher contents. I've had a few inconveniences as you speak of.. like being chased on my wagon and killed twice by the same guy whom I asked to leave me alone.. and then being killed four more times on a different channel while leveling up my horse.. Very annoying.. Especially annoying to wake up to come back to the PC and be standing in town doing nothing when I left myself riding a mount.. Its a waste of energy to leave a PC on at that point for reals..

But yea, I wish the guys who like PVP wouldn't think that the entire game is PVP.. because it's not.. it's a tiny aspect of the game that after lvl 45 seems to rule the game.

I mean I can understand (slightly) the guys that PVP people out of "their grind spots" but man, if I'm just riding my damn horse or wagon-- what trouble is that causing you guys enough to come fight me? I mean, c'mon really man?

Posted

Yeah, I've been having a few problems with aholes wanting to just knock me off my horse while auto pathing, some positive karma players of course.. You know, they just want to knock you off, so that 8hr you're away, expecting to be auto pathing your horse.. you know, you're just standing in the road like some jackazz...

I dunno why people wanna go around fighting boats and essentially defenseless players-- it's like the kind of people who'd enjoy taking candy from babies essentially, those are the guys who do this kinda thing.. 

I freaking hate these guys and I hope that in time we get some PVP disabled (essentially PVE) channels. 

Wagons are so slow too, so even if you're not AFK, (especially if you have a trainer shirt on, 20 whole DP) ... you can't even get away or do anything about being killed.

Like. This isn't even real PVP, fighting AFKers? Really? 

That's even easier than fighting the PVE mobs, when they were broken.. Cuz at least they still kinda moved around.

Honestly, I think these pathetic players will quit the game sooner than later-- since it has to get boring at some point, killing afk-ers.

What was you loop when you were unseated ?

Posted

I agree, you guys need to grow up and stop having fun with this nonsense.

*emergent gameplay*

*working as intended*

Long ago decided to forgo growing up for growing old. ;)

They act out of protest. Not the best way to act, IMO; but "play the game your way" is a fact of BDO life. I expect this craziness to soon burn itself out. Also PVE is generally in it for the long haul and should recognize that now's not the time for AFK activities in combat areas.

As for myself, I told my guildies that I came across an AFK fisher last night. They said "go murder that cat." I said "no." I didn't see the point. I told them where, they didn't come; so maybe they didn't see the point, either.

If the game actually makes you hate real people for playing the game their way, it may be time to step away from the keyboard. 

Posted

What was you loop when you were unseated ?

It's always by the road from Heidel to Calpheon (that long horizonal line stretch) ... Never auto path there, I've learned over a few days over a few channels.

2016-06-04_295589227.PNG

Posted

oh hell No! If you want a pve server then you'll get one, but you should not get anything pvp related, no nodewars, no arena, no siege, no war dec.

lmao.  What's it to you?  In the unlikely scenario they have the good sense to implement multiple rulesets, and rulesets better suited to their players, nobody is going to force you to join a server you don't like.

If you're not on a server, what happens there is absolutely none of your business, at all.  Get over it.

Posted

They act out of protest. Not the best way to act, IMO; but "play the game your way" is a fact of BDO life. I expect this craziness to soon burn itself out. Also PVE is generally in it for the long haul and should recognize that now's not the time for AFK activities in combat areas.

As for myself, I told my guildies that I came across an AFK fisher last night. They said "go murder that cat." I said "no." I didn't see the point. I told them where, they didn't come; so maybe they didn't see the point, either.

If the game actually makes you hate real people for playing the game their way, it may be time to step away from the keyboard. 

I think they act out of a childish desire to feel like "they're the best at the game" because "they can kill so many people!" 

Seriously like I said before: I'm not going to let how other's want to play the game dictate how I play the game.. that's just garbage. 

That's cool you didn't want to kill the AFK guy, dumb your guildies wanted you too, but good they were too lazy to do it themselves. Grats. 

And no, I dont seriously hate them. It's a figure of speech. Don't read too far into it, lol.

Posted

It's always by the road from Heidel to Calpheon (that long horizonal line stretch) ... Never auto path there, I've learned over a few days over a few channels.

2016-06-04_295589227.PNG

So yeah, you threw yourself in the lion's mouth on your own.

You don't need to go outside safe zones to autoloop, be it ion horse, with a tradepack or just for the endrurance so .... be smart, and don't do that.

Posted (edited)

So yeah, you threw yourself in the lion's mouth on your own.

You don't need to go outside safe zones to autoloop, be it ion horse, with a tradepack or just for the endrurance so .... be smart, and don't do that.

I'm so sick and tired of these crap replies lol..

Here I'll make it more noticeable.. pfft "smarter" .. its not about intelligence don't even try to go there.. Its more about:

I'm not going to let how others want to play the game dictate how I play the game.

Edited by Feyria
typo
1 person likes this

Posted

so step away from the keyboard!