• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvP is killing the game !

172 posts in this topic

Posted

is killing the game, is killing the game

Posted

That's actually more reasonable than I was expecting from people.

So here's my take on feedback.  All feedback is valuable to an extent, but how much you should pay attention to it (if at all) varies.  I know we disagree on some of these PvP topics.  Things like loss in PvP is a topic which should be weighted towards people who are actively participating, with all other feedback being secondary.  Reason being people who just want to explore and don't care to level up to PvP levels, although they may have thoughts on the matter, may or may not ever be affected by the change.  They don't have as much experience dealing with it (whether it's someone who's regularly being attacked or doing the attacking).  If you don't grind in Sausans, the only information you have to go off is other people's remarks, which quite often may not tell the entire story.

The flip side I was trying to get at, while I spend a decent chunk of time in high level grind areas and PvP, I don't do much in life skills. I could talk about how hard making a decent amount of beer or alchemy items is... but really it's just because I don't gather or participate in most of that hardly at all.  People that regularly take part in those activities are going to have a vastly different experience than I do since I rarely ever deal with it.

Now, whether or not there's PvP and the arguments for the opinions there... that's different.  I'm not even going to get into that argument right now, but if that were what we were talking about, then I would agree with you.  (Non)participation is irrelevant at that point, regardless of where you stand the position is useful for feedback.

Yeah, I get what you're saying (at least I think I do lol).

It's somewhat like people who don't have much experience with lifeskills wanting energy requirements removed, and then people who play lifeskills a lot saying there are many ways of dealing with it.  Not to call out that particular issue, but just saying I understand you're putting the shoe on the other foot, and it makes sense.

How can a CM responsible for reporting feedback really know if someone is experienced enough in a topic to consider their feedback?

Also, how do I control myself and not comment on a topic I think I might have an idea for, even if I haven't spent all that much time with it xD?  For arrogant bastards like me, it's harder than you may think :D

Thanks for making me think :)  Have a good week-end!

Posted (edited)

How can a CM responsible for reporting feedback really know if someone is experienced enough in a topic to consider their feedback?

Tie the god damn forum accounts to the game accounts. Make a freaking useful website, like the korean one, where you can access the info of the players through the website and see their level, chars, guild, etc. 

If this website (eu/na one for bdo) is shit made by 2 yo babies, then the korean website is made by gods. That's how big the difference is.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

Tie the god damn forum accounts to the game accounts. Make a freaking useful website, like the korean one, where you can access the info of the players through the website and see their level, chars, guild, etc. 

If this website (eu/na one for bdo) is shit made by 2 yo babies, then the korean website is made by gods. That's how big the difference is.

Does the Korean site allow people to see particular stats?  Like lifeskill ranks for example.  Maybe they could tie that to access in sub-forums.  Need X amount of knowledge for PvE sub-forum, AP/DP for PvP subforum?  PvPers would know which criteria fits better than I would but you get the idea.  Just thinking out loud.

I did notice they're hiring a couple front-end developers but back-end would likely be the meat and bones of such a site I think, so dunno.

Also, get API's out for the community to leverage.  I'm kinda liking restricting posting privileges in sub-forums based on in-game stats though.  Allow everyone access for info but restrict input.

Posted

Lol those players and videos are making the game still living, more than afk pvers.

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by mkmork

Posted

What we need is a new awesome patch. A new awesome patch for LoL. so all the toxics go back to that. haha

I'm 93% right

but with legion, all pvers complaing with leave the game too :/ so what will happen to BDO ? :/

Posted

Could you please remove the first viideo? That bad singing detroyed my ears

Posted

Death to all Carebears !

OMG ! It killed me.

The least I can say, all this fuss put some funny things. Some of the best moments I had in mmorpg since I play them haha.

Posted

Does the Korean site allow people to see particular stats?  Like lifeskill ranks for example.  Maybe they could tie that to access in sub-forums.  Need X amount of knowledge for PvE sub-forum, AP/DP for PvP subforum?  PvPers would know which criteria fits better than I would but you get the idea.  Just thinking out loud.

I did notice they're hiring a couple front-end developers but back-end would likely be the meat and bones of such a site I think, so dunno.

Also, get API's out for the community to leverage.  I'm kinda liking restricting posting privileges in sub-forums based on in-game stats though.  Allow everyone access for info but restrict input.

Yea, you can see the level of each life skill for each character.

I don't like the idea of access restricting. As long as you bought the game you should have access everywhere.

Posted (edited)

oh hell No! If you want a pve server then you'll get one, but you should not get anything pvp related, no nodewars, no arena, no siege, no war dec.

Thats kinda childish.

WoW (you might heard of it, biggest MMO ever) has voluntary declaration of PvP.. as well as auto-flagging in PvP-declared areas, arenas, battleground, etc...even on PvE-servers.

It merely eliminates ganking opportunities. Playing on a PvE-Server disnt mean "no PvP" at all, but PvP when you mutually agree on it.. and not when the opponent is lowlevel or afk fishing... or contesting "your" Mobs.

Edited by Khel

Posted (edited)

Thats kinda childish.

WoW (you might heard of it, biggest MMO ever) has voluntary declaration of PvP.. as well as auto-flagging in PvP-declared areas, arenas, battleground, etc...even on PvE-servers.

It merely eliminates ganking opportunities. Playing on a PvE-Server disnt mean "no PvP" at all, but PvP when you mutually agree on it.. and not when the opponent is lowlevel or afk fishing... or contesting "your" Mobs.

Talking about the relevance of contributions : quoting WoW, a RvR themepark, and thinking it would be a relevant contribution when we talk about a GvG sandbox is a clear example of people don't understanding what they play and not having that much clues about basic game design.

I had to explain to people on this forum what is the difference between RvR and GvG.
I've seen on other threads on this same forum people playing the game since release that don't even know how to read its UI.
It speaks volumes ...

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted (edited)

It's somewhat like people who don't have much experience with lifeskills wanting energy requirements removed, and then people who play lifeskills a lot saying there are many ways of dealing with it.  Not to call out that particular issue, but just saying I understand you're putting the shoe on the other foot, and it makes sense.

Also, how do I control myself and not comment on a topic I think I might have an idea for, even if I haven't spent all that much time with it xD?  For arrogant bastards like me, it's harder than you may think :D

I have level 44 with this:

Wrb1WtE.jpg

Plus I have 6 more alts whose life skills added would make a few more artisans at least. I am fishing and farming on different ones from the start and I am leveling 5 wagons with 4 horses each almost simultaneously on different characters. 

My 8th character is 55, ground from 50 up at infamous Sausan, right now trying (and failing) to farm up some better accessories. I get ganked and I try to gank back but I have yet to learn how to deal with V-poof. 

I am sure not the only player in this game who enjoys almost every feature there is equally?

Edited by Kat

Posted

Wrb1WtE.jpg

Plus I have 6 more alts whose life skills added would make a few more artisans at least. I am fishing and farming on different ones from the start and I am leveling 5 wagons with 4 horses each almost simultaneously on different characters. 

My 8th character is 55, ground from 50 up at infamous Sausan, right now trying (and failing) to farm up some better accessories. I get ganked and I try to gank back but I have yet to learn how to deal with V-poof. 

I am sure not the only player in this game who enjoys almost every feature there is equally?

next level coward right here. She suffers from such a big ego that the prospect of getting pk'ed makes her mouthfoam

Posted

Wrb1WtE.jpg

My main does must of my life skills but I fish and train horses on an alt. Regarding the blue accessories dilemma, the way I got past that player created wall was griefing with a match lock. You'll be surprised how easily those 'this entire goddamn spot is mine' people run at the sight of a match lock

1 person likes this

Posted

My main does must of my life skills but I fish and train horses on an alt. Regarding the blue accessories dilemma, the way I got past that player created wall was griefing with a match lock. You'll be surprised how easily those 'this entire goddamn spot is mine' people run at the sight of a match lock

I am failing because RNG hates me, not because I have problems with players created wall. But if I ever get to that one I will sure use your advice, thanks :)  Not like they deserve any better anyway.

Posted

Talking about the relevance of contributions : quoting WoW, a RvR themepark, and thinking it would be a relevant contribution when we talk about a GvG sandbox is a clear example of people don't understanding what they play and not having that much clues about basic game design.

I had to explain to people on this forum what is the difference between RvR and GvG.
I've seen on other threads on this same forum people playing the game since release that don't even know how to read its UI.
It speaks volumes ...

You can easily handle active Nodwars like a "must PvP" zone. e.g. a X second couldown in big red letters.. then switch to PvP flagged.

No need to be flagged everywhere, or be attackable everywhere. Consensual PvP > Gank

Posted

why would anyone run from a matchlock... they do no damage and leave the user completely exposed to counter attack.

Posted

why would anyone run from a matchlock... they do no damage and leave the user completely exposed to counter attack.

It can stunlock anybody but very lucky iframe classes even through superarmour. Dont be surprised if you find a few being used in seiges as well

Posted

Things always seems to go better when we get everyone thinking rather than just arguing :)

A bit delayed, but that problem is actually pretty easily solved.  In-game metrics can track your level of participation in any one particular task, as well as key points.  For example, in relation to PvP - what class are you playing the most of (which might indicate opinions are skewed due to recognized balance issues, what level, what gear score, how many times you flag and attack people, how many times you're attacked, kill death ratios, guild war participation, how often are they solo/grouped, etc.  All this data, combined with the data of who you're fighting would not only help with balancing - but provide a baseline for how you formed your opinion - or whether you participate in the content (PvP in this example) at all.

Now, add a survey in a week or two before the patch and ask questions about how people feel about balance.  It would catch people who don't visit the forums making it much more representative of community opinion.  You'd get opinions from all across the spectrum, along with the responses being weighted.  Feedback with context, and verifiable data to back it up, is much more valuable than people just arguing on the forums anyway.  

To be honest, I don't expect PA or Daum to even consider doing this... but hey, if they were serious about getting quality feedback the point is there are ways to do it.  That'd be a hell of a lot better than their current tactic of just making changes and hoping for the best (and no, not talking about the KR xp patch).

Posted

It can stunlock anybody but very lucky iframe classes even through superarmour. Dont be surprised if you find a few being used in seiges as well

That's why they should remove pvp !

Posted

That's why they should remove pvp !

I have a dream

that someday

somewhere

over a rainbow

you will become an entertaining troll