• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Field bosses is there because the community wanted it

15 posts in this topic

Posted

said the Daum representative in an interview ;)

while the ENTIRE community on EVERY continent HATES field bosses and doesnt want them.

1 hit mechanics making you lost crystals is a fcking joke.

just lost 50+ millions in ONE! dead to a 1 hit that i wouldnt see because of the clusterfck of people and no other indicator...

well at least it gives me an easy extra push to 100% quit the game....

suggestion: use your intellect!, stop the greed of wanting to sell tears, remove the crystal loss on 1 shit FB thats only there to give you money from tears...

Posted

Thing is, people wanted them... they wanted a FAIR field boss, not one that is comparable to a lvl 99 boss in a tactics game when you're only lvl 10 (in that case, you're never suppose to win the fight.)

Posted (edited)

Thing is, people wanted them... they wanted a FAIR field boss, not one that is comparable to a lvl 99 boss in a tactics game when you're only lvl 10 (in that case, you're never suppose to win the fight.)

This. The community wanted the world bosses that were actually thought out and more than just a bigger model with stupidly high stats. They had potential to work with the original system where you used certain items to do something to the boss to make it easier, but instead we got stun locking with items that weren't even supposed to stun the boss according to the boss lore. They took an unfinished and unbalanced feature (unfinished and unbalanced because they were removed from KR before they could be balanced and finished), and tried to pass it as good. It was extremely lazy, and has only fed into the masses of ranged classes (and sorcs) that are the most abundant classes in the game. To add insult to injury on this, that stun locking actually allowed melee to actually have it as easy as ranged, however, now that it is considered and exploit (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83763-perma-stunnedboss-still/&do=findComment&comment=1086453), we cna't do it anymore meaning that melee is back in the same spot they were before.

Edited by Noth

Posted (edited)

This. The community wanted the world bosses that were actually thought out and more than just a bigger model with stupidly high stats. They had potential to work with the original system where you used certain items to do something to the boss to make it easier, but instead we got stun locking with items that weren't even supposed to stun the boss according to the boss lore. They took an unfinished and unbalanced feature (unfinished and unbalanced because they were removed from KR before they could be balanced and finished), and tried to pass it as good. It was extremely lazy, and has only fed into the masses of ranged classes (and sorcs) that are the most abundant classes in the game. To add insult to injury on this, that stun locking actually allowed melee to actually have it as easy as ranged, however, now that it is considered and exploit (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83763-perma-stunnedboss-still/&do=findComment&comment=1086453), we cna't do it anymore meaning that melee is back in the same spot they were before.

i highly dissagree. i havent seen any big threads ever asking for fieldbosses... any polls showing we wanted them etc.

what i did see all the way back in beta1 was people stating all the issues such bosses would course and people complaining about them being a part of the game.

personally i believe they do nothing good. no world boss in any game have ever created epic awesome gameplay.. the idea of giant swarm gameplay and 1 shot mechanic is just ridiculess bad design in its core.

more ridiculess is it when you also add mechanics which potentially deletes a full week of hard grinding+the almost impossible task off regaining the crystals due to simple lack of them dropping and AH bots instant sniping, all on a single death -.-

Edited by Tjaranis
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Field bosses aren't even worth your time, they drop complete garbage. just do your scroll bosses and be happy.

(for the difficulty, if field bosses dropped 10x as much as they do now, I MIGHT consider MAKING a ranger or witch ALT to farm them with)

Edited by Efreeti

Posted

(for the difficulty, if field bosses dropped 10x as much as they do now, I MIGHT consider MAKING a ranger or witch ALT to farm them with)

This is the problem. That in order to even compete for loot on a field boss, one is REQUIRED to be a Ranger, Witch/Wiz or Sorc. Every time I see loot distributed, 9 times out of 10, it is to one of those classes.

Posted

This is the problem. That in order to even compete for loot on a field boss, one is REQUIRED to be a Ranger, Witch/Wiz or Sorc. Every time I see loot distributed, 9 times out of 10, it is to one of those classes.

Maybe they could adjust damage output to melee oriented classes (not sorc, because they have a 24/7 i-frame) where they can actually take more than 1 hit (2 for tank classes), not having to worry about a stun either. Actually, why doesn't it just do scroll boss damage? Maybe output of a rank 2.

Posted

wiz/witch dont have the dps to ever get anything worthwhile ;)

Maybe they could adjust damage output to melee oriented classes (not sorc, because they have a 24/7 i-frame) where they can actually take more than 1 hit (2 for tank classes), not having to worry about a stun either. Actually, why doesn't it just do scroll boss damage? Maybe output of a rank 2.

wouldnt fix all the big issues there is in the WB aka fieldboss design. the entire design of swarm vs. big boss setup is broken, either the boss is just a bullet spunge or it is 1 shot mechanic. either way it is a boring and lagging experience that adds nothing positive.

the entire idea of WB need to just dissapear as we know it.

Posted (edited)

Tera Online had BAMs (big/bad ass monsters) with really cool, powerful looking animations.

It's the one thing I actually really liked in that game.

BDO could take a few hints from that type of enemy design.

Edited by Nurvus

Posted (edited)

wiz/witch dont have the dps to ever get anything worthwhile ;)

I often see wiz/witch get livertos, tree belts, marks etc. It is mostly rangers though (and when I say mostly, I do mean like 70% of the time and wiz/witch maybe 20% and sorc 10%).

Edited by Fancypants

Posted

I often see wiz/witch get livertos, tree belts, marks etc. It is mostly rangers though (and when I say mostly, I do mean like 70% of the time and wiz/witch maybe 20% and sorc 10%).

even at 200+ap (fully buffed) you will rarely, if ever, get top tier as witch/wiz without CD hacks (but hey the easily none detectability of hacks at worldbosses is astounding -.-)

however the problem here is not about who gets loot ;)

Tera Online had BAMs (big/bad ass monsters) with really cool, powerful looking animations.

It's the one thing I actually really liked in that game.

BDO could take a few hints from that type of enemy design.

Bams was really cool ;) 

Posted

even at 200+ap (fully buffed) you will rarely, if ever, get top tier as witch/wiz without CD hacks (but hey the easily none detectability of hacks at worldbosses is astounding -.-)

however the problem here is not about who gets loot ;)

The CD hacks are probably exactly why I would see wiz/witches get loot. Well it is a part of the problem, that they are the only classes capable of getting loot. No matter how long I fight a WB or how much damage I do. I can never out damage a ranger as a musa because I need to spend more time moving that dpsing.

Posted

Field bosses in this game are utter shit. Unless you have maxed out gear or hack the chance of getting top tier loot is very low. There is also no fun or chalenge into these bosses either. Big HP and a few crappy OS skills (fortunately most are dodgeable) with no real mechanics make it nothing more than a zerg fest.

Posted

Field bosses in this game are utter shit. Unless you have maxed out gear or hack the chance of getting top tier loot is very low. There is also no fun or chalenge into these bosses either. Big HP and a few crappy OS skills (fortunately most are dodgeable) with no real mechanics make it nothing more than a zerg fest.

Try dodging as a melee when there's a giant cluster----- of melee on the boss' ass. Even as Musa, you get stuck in the cluster----- and get hit by the oneshot.

Posted

Yes I know it is 10x worse for melee. Fortunately I only have witch and ranger @50+.