• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

#1 Player on server is a karma bombing griefer who suffers no penalties

127 posts in this topic

Posted

OP has been spouting melodrama before...

Ignore. Nothing to see here folks. Apparently a 1% removal will entirely kill the game....

Posted (edited)

No,

Basicly without XP Event, 1% at this level = 30min-60h time invested, depending on grind spot/party

Ok pretty much nothing compared to the time it took the player to level to 57 I think I understand a little more thank you both for you input.

I know If I was level 57.15% the lost will be pretty much nothing to me even without the patch. I am already on the top ranks for level, maxed out my gear by 3 months and when Vp1 comes out.  My lost in exp will easy be made up. Even if players killed me for griefing down to 57.00% I will just sit there and lmao because it changes nothing to what I am doing or going to do.

Edited by Zodson

Posted

Many of us were baited and switched by reading about the pvp quest on Korean servers. Daum was far from forthcoming about the changes made to western servers.

Care to explain how that quest works? Because you clearly have no idea on how it works.

That quest, at level 50, is the same quest that enables you to go from 49.99. If you do it, you get to level 50, thus enabling pvp. IF you don't do it, you CAN'T get to 50. 

That quest changes nothing. If you don't want pvp, stay at 44. DONE!

Posted

OP has been spouting melodrama before...

Ignore. Nothing to see here folks. Apparently a 1% removal will entirely kill the game....

That's quite unfair to the many people in here who put forth well-reasoned complaints.

I mean honestly, what this patch has shown me is that many in favour of the change actually feel happy that it is negatively impacting other players. Not everyone is a random pker and not everyone is a "griefer". Constantly our arguments are marginalised because we're labelled and unfairly accused. 

Debate, don't denounce.

Posted

Ok pretty much nothing compared to the time it took the player to level to 57 I think I understand a little more thank you both for you input.

I know If I was level 57.15% the lost will be pretty much nothing to me even without the patch. I am already on the top ranks for level, maxed out my gear by 3 months and when Vp1 comes out.  My lost in exp will easy be made up. Even if players killed me for griefing down to 57.00% I will just sit there and lmao because it changes nothing to what I am doing or going to do.

I don't think you get the point.

Lets say its 1% per hour. That 57.15 would throw away 15h of his time he spend grinding, just to grief people to get a spot where he had to grind 15h again to recover his loss.

Now after the patch, the guy just griefs a full party, while losing nothing. It basicly encourages people to do this because it's the most efficent way to take over a spot. (This also mean the guy wont risk dropping from the ranking anymore btw)

The difference is: He wouldn't waste his time pre-Patch, because his intention apparently is to grind at that spot for either money or xp. This kind of playstyle was contraproductive towards his intention pre-Patch. After the patch its pretty much one of the most efficent methods.

Posted

I don't think you get the point.

Lets say its 1% per hour. That 57.15 would throw away 15h of his time he spend grinding, just to grief people to get a spot where he had to grind 15h again to recover his loss.

Now after the patch, the guy just griefs a full party, while losing nothing. It basicly encourages people to do this because it's the most efficent way to take over a spot. (This also mean the guy wont risk dropping from the ranking anymore btw)

The difference is: He wouldn't waste his time pre-Patch, because his intention apparently is to grind at that spot for either money or xp. This kind of playstyle was contraproductive towards his intention pre-Patch. After the patch its pretty much one of the most efficent methods.

oh no I get it what is being said here.  I just saying 15 hours vs whatever hours I spent getting to level 57 just to be a tool for a day.

Posted

oh no I get it what is being said here.  I just saying 15 hours vs whatever hours I spent getting to level 57 just to be a tool for a day.

sure you spend more time to get from 0-57.

but the old system didn't encourage people to this kind of behavior. you couldn't progress using the old system and using this tactic.

Posted

if there is one strong #1 player who's killing mobs faster then your whole party, then he's obviously extremely overgeared in comparison to you & your friends. and now ... let's be completely honest.. pre patch: that guy would have flagged and steamrolled your whole goon squad xD so actually (since your opponent was most likely playing an OP PvP class like ranger) you're the one that can be happy to not get ninja'ed over and over again.. finding himself back to 0% exp.

Thanks, was going to point that out if someone else had not done so.

Care to explain how that quest works? Because you clearly have no idea on how it works.

That quest, at level 50, is the same quest that enables you to go from 49.99. If you do it, you get to level 50, thus enabling pvp. IF you don't do it, you CAN'T get to 50. 

That quest changes nothing. If you don't want pvp, stay at 44. DONE!

You do realize that for the past three months a number of players had been asking for the ability to do just that, right? For them to either lower the quest to level lock you at Lv44, or for the PvP level to be put back at Lv50 like it is in KR in order to coincide with the quest like it is supposed to. That's what all those megathreads had been about.

Remaining at Lv44 with the current system means having to repeatedly suicide quite frequently due to how even life skills will level you up.

Many of the PK players who are now upset with this XP loss removal had frequented those level lock megathreads to insult the 'carebears', to tell them to quit, that they should have researched the game, not to change the game, etc. Basically the same arguments that the PvE-focused players are now throwing back at them.

2 people like this

Posted

Well, I've just decided to take a hiatus from the game, and will be joining the other 40 members of my friends list who have been inactive for over 5 days, you might ask me why, and the reason is that this patch has completely ruined the game, how a single person can come and ruin the game for an entire party while suffering no consequences is completely beyond me, and if you wish to post something along the lines of  "it's a waste of time" "he doesn't gain anything" posts defending this patch, save it. Because this guy is ranked #1 on the server and he was managing to clear mobs ahead of our group because of his class + gear + level denying us exp, costing us karma and losing nothing in return.

Congratulations daum, you may have bait and switched your way into entrapping a large western audience with false promises, but at least you've managed to make your own niche genre, " Single player pretends to be massively multiplayer online griefing game", Forced PVP was just about the only way to encounter and interact with other players after you disable trading and kill off group grinding, and yet you manage to ----- that up too.

If that's all it takes for you to walk then enjoy your time off. 

I empathise with you to a limited degree as the same thing happened often to myself and friends BEFORE the patch but I am still a firm believer in noone 'owns' anywhere on the map as it currently is and as everyone keeps reiterating, it is an OWPVP game so engage in PvP until you win (with the inherent risks) or move. 

Situations like that were happening before the patch and before any omniscient out there touts that it is happening alot more, how the hell would you know? Just because post counts are increasing for the ones against this change? The other 100k players (est) are actually ingame still enjoying the game and as for the few posters stating all they do now is grief, they are probably those against the change trying to make a rather redundant point.

For so called PvP'ers so many of you complain about having to actually go red, you're not PvP'ers at all imo, you're glorified PvE'ers with entitlement issues.

3 people like this

Posted

but the old system didn't encourage people to this kind of behavior. you couldn't progress using the old system and using this tactic.

The old system did not encourage this kind of behavior for most players. This player is not most players in the game. This player is pretty much capped out with nothing to do. 

Posted

Sure you could. There were multiple threads about players using Elion's Tears to not get pushed out of an area by avoiding XP loss.

Some examples:

It was discussed on the reddit as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4anc2c/elions_tears_op_defending_spots_is_broken/

"Let's say you have been farming a spot for 3 hours and someone shows up and ruins your rotation, you're going to flag and kill them as you farm faster without them get more exp and more money it's obvious. Lets say this player is well off or rich and at the cost of 50 pearls you can respawn at location spam a few pots and fight again just time your respawn till they walk off.

These Elion's tears restore all lost EXP which by the way at 52-55 is a huge punishment at level 53 3% or 1% can be around 10-20 minutes of your pure farm time maybe even longer not fully worked it out but 6 hours pure farming is about 20-30% of a level.

Lets say this guy uses these tears you kill them 5 times. You just lost 350k karma you are now -50k karma."

The only difference between then and now is that you no longer need to spend real money in order to refuse to remain in a spot someone is trying to push you out of.

Posted

so one guy should make 5 players channel hop by just ks'ing low ai mobs at a fast rate? Great common sense you have there :)

This, I'm starting to think this entire group of "switch channels" crowd lack common sense.

They're so desperate to defend their stance they spout off with complete lack of sensibility.

If he keeps killing them? Yes? Obviously he is either better geared, or skilled, or is hacking.

Why wouldn't you channel hop?

Before this patch the best places would be perma camped by guilds that had no issues resorting to hacking. We would take a spot from someone, only to have a lover level Ranger jump on and kill us all (the entire group) by hacking.

Then his guild would come back into the spot. 

This patch fixed all that. I am no longer afraid to get killed and LOSE XP just to report a hacking bastard.

Really? You lose so of course everyone else is hacking...  Refer to the lack of common sense comment above.

Lets try this for an exercise:

All penalties for theft are removed, someone moves into your house and starts driving your car.

Are you going to:

A:  go find an empty house and abandoned car

or

B:  Fight

(I realize for some, this could be an uncomfortable stretch of their thought process, but don't worry, everything we can do to chip away at the shell of ignorance you currently occupy is a good thing)

Posted (edited)

Lets try this for an exercise:

All penalties for theft are removed, someone moves into your house and starts driving your car.

Are you going to:

A:  go find an empty house and abandoned car

or

B:  Fight

(I realize for some, this could be an uncomfortable stretch of their thought process, but don't worry, everything we can do to chip away at the shell of ignorance you currently occupy is a good thing)

99 in 100 answers to your excerise will be: "But this is a game, it's not the real world".

99 in 100 arguments pro this change are: "We were griefed and harrassed by being pked. PK is harassment because the real world states that, and we should abide real world rules, and PKers should be punished like in real world."

Do you see where I am going with this? The "victims" have no logic, and they don't even care. They just want the game to adapt to them so they become the best without orking for it, while those that work for it to be punished because they are mean "no-lifers" that play 5h a day!

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

While I agree that the patch was a horrid idea that needs to be undone, it's not bait and switch.

you guys need to stop using that term when it doesn't apply.

Posted

The person I quoted is, that much is clear based on his thread/post history.

That aside, there have been multiple threads about this matter raised by (former) pk-oriented players as well as those aggressively defending their grind-spots. I like to think that this gives a rough idea enough about what kind of players are unhappy about the change. Sorry that I can't feel much sympathy for them.

Lastly, a grind spot is a combat zone as well. People get creative over "defending" it I guess. I suppose you can stay in town if you don't like it (... at least that's the suggestion the carebears usually get to hear).

I am not whom you should be directing your odd, "vengeance is mine", egotistical powertrip.

Direct the rage instead at yourself, for electing to play a highly resource competitive game.

While I agree that the patch was a horrid idea that needs to be undone, it's not bait and switch.

you guys need to stop using that term when it doesn't apply.

No, pre-launch DAUM worked with us, the players, to make changes they thought were appropriate. We were led to believe that our version would be hardcore.

We were led to believe we were buying chocolate cake.

Then they waved a magic wand and made our chocolate cake vanilla after a few bites.

oh heyyyyyyyyy

look its kat

quick lower your iq by 120 points so she doesnt feel inferior

I ran out of likes! + 1

PS I almost giggled coffee all over my keyboard xD

1 person likes this

Posted

I ran out of likes! + 1

If you summarize all the posts from kat it pretty much bounces all over the place and contradicting each one more and more, it is funny though that she/he once pushed into a corner with facts puts you on the ignore list. :>

Posted

If you summarize all the posts from kat it pretty much bounces all over the place and contradicting each one more and more, it is funny though that she/he once pushed into a corner with facts puts you on the ignore list. :>

Threats must be neutralized

Enlightenment must never be achieved

Sanity is insanity

something something something

cute kitty is snuggling and short circuiting my wit

Posted

I'm really struggling responding to these, "Daum/PA hates X" and "MY game got ruined, by X patch", threads.

Like is everyone just pretty new to the whole, MMO scene, where things are constantly changing, that proposed additions are taken away, that ideas that previously sounded good, was then not so great, and done away with?

I continually read these threads, and it just hurts to see this new generation of gamer, coming up and complaining about everything, exaggerating every little detail and serious self-entitlement issues, that it is no wonder that many communities are so darn toxic nowadays.

6 people like this

Posted

I dont get all this crying and swearing...if you decide to kill Killsteal someone cause of your greed you should lose way more than just karma. we are playing a game, we all paid the same to be able to play here and that means no one is entitled to say this spot is mine just cause you can.

this topic gets so freakin boring already... you dont want to lose karma time or your precious ego then there are many other options:

share, group up, switch channels, find another spot, go to other mobs, take a break from nolifing lifing.

we are all in the same boat, being left alone with 1 efficient mob type at lvl 53+ (Sausans). for myself im not even leveling anymore cause of all this drama, just waiting for the valencia patch and see all the nolifers leave to the next higher areas to get some peace at Sausans. at the moment this is worse than a kindergarden!

Gee, how easy it is to fix that is it not?

Or maybe both sides of the same coin are just that....the same coin?

Hahaha this is exactly how it is! My god, he/she must be running out of space on his/her ignore list since thats the only thing he/she ever goes on about.

Posted

Chocolate cake shouldn't be vanilla after a few bites

Some of us aren't submissive

Some of us have backbones

FOR GREAT JUSTICE

HOLD THE LINE

FEEL MY WRATH

RECEIVE THE LIGHT

TO THE LIMIT

ON MY MARK

FEEL THE BURN

NOTHING CAN SAVE YOU

YOUR SOUL IS MINE

RISE!

STRENGTH OF THE PACK

WE HEAL AS ONE

REBOUND!

Someone needs to go back to Guild Wars 2.

And sorry that my level headedness comes across as being, "Submissive" or "Having no Backbone", just because I'm not constantly jumping on Daum's or PA's shit, when they change something with THEIR product.

Posted

Arent you on pirates? you know how easy it is in a 5man group to stunlock someone and have crazy jacks kill the guy. Dont know why a 57 would be farming sausans if thats were you were.

Posted

Someone needs to go back to Guild Wars 2.

And sorry that my level headedness comes across as being, "Submissive" or "Having no Backbone", just because I'm not constantly jumping on Daum's or PA's shit, when they change something with THEIR product.

I can never go back

ArenaNet broke my heart

Too many crappy design changes

Which happened because the players stayed silent

Silence like a cancer grows

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I am not whom you should be directing your odd, "vengeance is mine", egotistical powertrip.

Direct the rage instead at yourself, for electing to play a highly resource competitive game.

No, pre-launch DAUM worked with us, the players, to make changes they thought were appropriate. We were led to believe that our version would be hardcore.

We were led to believe we were buying chocolate cake.

Then they waved a magic wand and made our chocolate cake vanilla after a few bites.

I ran out of likes! + 1

eh I dunno i feel like they're still working with us... Just they're showing a disturbing tendency of working with the casual "us" instead of the actual dedicated player base now. It's not good tho... I just wouldn't call it bait and switch. That generally requires something be switched without ever being given what you want (more like what happened between KR CBT 3 and OBT regarding the karma system).

Bait and switch requires premeditation, this change stinks of something half brained and barely explored having been implemented on the fly without consideration of the draw backs. 

Thats just how I feel about it though. The term bait and switch is thrown around here so much it's lost much of its meaning anymore.

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

eh I dunno i feel like they're still working with us... Just they're showing a disturbing tendency of working with the casual "us" instead of the actual dedicated player base now. It's not good tho... I just wouldn't call it bait and switch. That generally requires something be switched without ever being given what you want (more like what happened between KR CBT 3 and OBT regarding the karma system).

Bait and switch requires premeditation, this change stinks of something half brained and barely explored having been implemented on the fly without consideration of the draw backs. 

Thats just how I feel about it though. The term bait and switch is thrown around here so much it's lost much of its meaning anymore.

Hmm... perhaps you are right

Especially the part about terms being thrown around so much they've lost meaning

Posted

If ppl lose nothing when dying by a pk, then it's only fair that the pker also doesn't lose anything for killing the guy (karma penalty).

Now all you can do when there're ksers, is switch channels and hope for the best.

1 person likes this