• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What should I do : Gear discussion

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys!
I'm at one point where I want to optimize my gear.
My base health when I don't have any gear on is 1348 (this include lvl30 health and guild perks that are not maxed)
And I have 141 AP

I'm hesitating between all those sets (I have the first one because it was cheaper to begin with) 
I am wondering if the additionnal +4 damages reduction, DP, AP are worth loosing 250 HP?

Since I'd have to upgrade 4 armors anyway I want to take the best descision to prevent any more waste.
And considering I'm working on getting boss armor (lol) my actual set would be broken as soon as I would change a piece.

I'm pretty sure what answer I'll get about this one but I'd like to have your opinions. I'm about to begin upgrading a grunil set right now :P
*Also, I took swiftness over adamantine because I can't afford the 25% one yet.

comparaison_gear.thumb.jpg.6cb5d4462ebcc

Thanks you very much for your help in advance :) !
And I hope it will help some people to compare without doing the little work :P

Edited by Izara

Posted

Just go with #3 and, as you said, switch one of the two swiftness gems with knockdown resist. Try to snipe an adamantine crystal for 1,5m and upgrade it yourself with red battlefield tokens.

I don't see any reason to stack HP at the cost of DP and AP, so I wouldn't recommend #1 or #2. Grunil sells best anyways if you ever get bossarmor.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just go with #3 and, as you said, switch one of the two swiftness gems with knockdown resist. Try to snipe an adamantine crystal for 1,5m and upgrade it yourself with red battlefield tokens.

I don't see any reason to stack HP at the cost of DP and AP, so I wouldn't recommend #1 or #2. Grunil sells best anyways if you ever get bossarmor.

Thank you !!
I already began to upgrade grunil :) 
The only thing is that the amity game makes me want to kill myself, hahaha!

Posted

I personally prefer to max my ap. I rolled with full grunil with the best in slot gems, I am currently sitting at 172 ap counting gurnil + gems ( 155 if not ). 177 dp and 8 damage reduction, 1890 HP and 1250 mp. My PvP / PVE performance couldn't be better at this stage. I can easily solo farm any place. And in gvgs I destroy about anything that stands in my way , except when I get greedy and get slapped in the face. :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I personally prefer to max my ap. I rolled with full grunil with the best in slot gems, I am currently sitting at 172 ap counting gurnil + gems ( 155 if not ). 177 dp and 8 damage reduction, 1890 HP and 1250 mp. My PvP / PVE performance couldn't be better at this stage. I can easily solo farm any place. And in gvgs I destroy about anything that stands in my way , except when I get greedy and get slapped in the face. :D

I am level 55 using full grunil and all Pri Witch/MoS. 144 ap 161 Dp.. You have nice stats... How did you get them? Next i want to ask. I have the ancient core belt and just got the neck.. I loose 4 ap to wear the set (current neck is Tri Bares neck.)  But i gain some Accuracy, also I made a 15 bronze dagger, but all the AP loss is it worth it???? I am conflicted with what to choose for pvpv/pve/bosses.

Thanks

Posted

Actually with the new update on Friday, the bronze dagger will now gain AP along with its accuracy while enhancing it. So there is no reason to not use it at this point. 

Posted

I am level 55 using full grunil and all Pri Witch/MoS. 144 ap 161 Dp.. You have nice stats... How did you get them? Next i want to ask. I have the ancient core belt and just got the neck.. I loose 4 ap to wear the set (current neck is Tri Bares neck.)  But i gain some Accuracy, also I made a 15 bronze dagger, but all the AP loss is it worth it???? I am conflicted with what to choose for pvpv/pve/bosses.

Thanks

I have x2 duo marks , 2x duo witches , duo shultz belt and tri bares neck. +15 liverto. This will give u 155 ap. Grunil 7 , redbattlefield power crystal 5 , black spirit crystal 5. That is 172 total. :) I never believed in accuracy in this game, so my build is pure power, however accuracy is veery handy if u PvP higher level players or grinding much higher level mobs.

2 people like this

Posted

My vote for full Ultimate Grunil(I use this personally).

I have used both your #2 and #3 combinations, and favor #3.

Have to decide what is worth more, 250hp or 7ap/10dp/4dr*, and for me it is the latter.

*each point of damage reduction is worth roughly 2 dp when fighting heavily multi-hitting classes(other witches/rangers etc), less against others.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you all :)
Finished to upgrade my grunil yesterday and now I feel... Fragile xD (when it comes to field bosses)
Should I try to upgrade it yellow now, or should I wait valencia and ''force'' it? Because forcing it is about 6mill/10mill an upgrade.

Posted

I am going to force mine... I tried and tried to upgrade one piece and it fails every time.. Couple days of afk fishing will pay for your upgrade..

Posted

Finished to upgrade my grunil yesterday and now I feel... Fragile xD (when it comes to field bosses)
Should I try to upgrade it yellow now, or should I wait valencia and ''force'' it? Because forcing it is about 6mill/10mill an upgrade.

I tried upgrade 2 pieces yesterday. One went ultimate with 4 tries and the other spent 10 tries and nothing! If you are anxious like me, get a high luck worker and just DO EET! lol

Posted

I tried upgrade 2 pieces yesterday. One went ultimate with 4 tries and the other spent 10 tries and nothing! If you are anxious like me, get a high luck worker and just DO EET! lol

Yeah a friend of mine got is off hand with one try, and 2 pieces armor with 5 stones...
My luckiest worker is an artisan humain lvl 26 with 20,09 luck, what do you think ?

Posted

Yeah a friend of mine got is off hand with one try, and 2 pieces armor with 5 stones...My luckiest worker is an artisan humain lvl 26 with 20,09 luck, what do you think ?

Don't do it anymore. The grade 4 stones are out already. Feeling bad for wasting 10 stones yesterday. lol

Posted

Don't do it anymore. The grade 4 stones are out already. Feeling bad for wasting 10 stones yesterday. lol

I can't log in atm, but are you sure that we can make the ultimate stone without Valencia patch? DId you tried it? And btw is it possible to make Heve armor Ultimate now?

Posted

I can't log in atm, but are you sure that we can make the ultimate stone without Valencia patch? DId you tried it? And btw is it possible to make Heve armor Ultimate now?

I am 100% sure, just did it. 3/4 utlimate armor so far. About heve, not a clue.

Posted

How does it cost to repaire a yellow armor with green ?

Posted

check your pm  in korea many ppl stoped useing grunil you know why?

Posted

Why did they stop using it? What the other option be?

Posted

I believe you underestimate the value of HP.

Weren't you Agerian/Heves before? The fragility comes in large from the missing health and the EVA/DP mix from individual gear pieces. When it comes to gear sets, it is important to have a goal in mind. How you want to balance AP/DP is up to you however a lot of people don't understand the principles of tanking.

Posted

I believe you underestimate the value of HP.

[...]

I believe you're overestimating the difference between 2800 and 3050 HP. It could matter if you're building some supporty/tank weird build, than again we're also talking about 10DP and 4 extra DR.

In yesterdays node wars atleast for our guild the mages are clearly the dominating DPS class. 7 AP more is HUGE. I can handle 250 HP less.