• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why People Are Quitting Black Desert

163 posts in this topic

Posted

It's a good thing this article didn't mention two hackers that are locking down world/field bosses for specific guilds. Everything the article points out though has been talked about over and over. I have fun with BDO but it's slowing down now at 57 until awakenings are released. I wish this game had more ways to interact with others (other than grinding and murder). 

3 people like this

Posted

Indeed it is an interesting article. Interesting as in it gave me a good laugh at what a joke whoever wrote it is. After reading it all I see is a close minded child who wants everything now and is incapable of enjoying any of the multitude of other aspects the game has to offer. Likely written by one of those people that rushed to high level, got burnt out and bored of it and thus claims the game is dead/dying.

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's a beautiful world we live in where preaching doom and gloom in video games is so popular you can actually make money off doing it.

I wouldn't say "dying" though. Sure, attrition rates are gonna be high and valencia won't change that (just look into what is required to do anything there), and why wouldn't they be?

Game has many great aspects yes. But the core gameplay is an endless grind of repetitive, boring mobs and putting hundreds of hours into that isn't gonna interest most people.

Add to that some really weird design decisions that make absolutely no sense... world and field bosses for example. Right now I'm lvling a ranged char only for world bosses because doing them as melee is both boring and painful. And that's not something I've ever had to do in an MMO before.

Edited by Crowleyz

Posted

It's a beautiful world we live in where preaching doom and gloom in video games is so popular you can actually make money off doing it.

I wouldn't say "dying" though. Sure, attrition rates are gonna be high and valencia won't change that (just look into what is required to do anything there), and why wouldn't they be?

Game has many great aspects yes. But the core gameplay is an endless grind of repetitive, boring mobs and putting hundreds of hours into that isn't gonna interest most people.

Add to that some really weird design decisions that make absolutely no sense... world and field bosses for example. Right now I'm lvling a ranged char only for world bosses because doing them as melee is both boring and painful. And that's not something I've ever had to do in an MMO before.

World/field bosses are horrible, I find it insulting to people who rolled a melee class. They say it's a "catchup mechanic" that's ridiculous. If it's a catchup mechanic then remove them and increase the drops from bundles. I know of 6 people and I'm one of them that are making alts just for bosses.

An alt character to get gear for their main character on a "catchup mechanic" boss that the top 20 dps continues to get loot from.  What the hell? I just refuse to do them until my alt is high enough to compete for it and then I'm only doing it because I have to if I want my main character  to compete in the game. Otherwise I would stay completely away from it, they aren't even fun to fight. 

1 person likes this

Posted

What is this some kind of joke? 

The game is 60 days old it is normal for players to quit the game because [insert your reason here].

Posted

kind of the cycle of gaming, an mmos swells at launch, then slowly dwindles down in players over the coming months until they hit an average area where they have those who have decidedly stayed mixed with the small few diving in and out. 

Posted

It's always the same people that quit every game....the ones who can't figure out how to entertain themselves and their friends without having their hands held....everywhere in every game

Posted

It's always the same people that quit every game....the ones who can't figure out how to entertain themselves and their friends without having their hands held....everywhere in every game

These forums would be a lot better if they had like a three strikes policy when it came to saying stupid things. Three posts of flabbergasting idiocy and you're banned for a month or so.

Btw that post would've gotten three strikes all at once :) 

2 people like this

Posted

These forums would be a lot better if they had like a three strikes policy when it came to saying stupid things. Three posts of flabbergasting idiocy and you're banned for a month or so.

Btw that post would've gotten three strikes all at once :) 

Hm, you're not completely wrong. It'd be better if the CM's weren't being pulled elsewhere and were able to monitor more, as well as have more tools at their disposal for tracking user behavior to see if there is a pattern of what I like to call "honey badger fever".

It's one thing to have an opinion, but an entirely new ballgame to be excessively abusive towards others for not believing what you believe.

1 person likes this

Posted

i agree.. they forgot AH bots... and how the xp nerf ruined grinding and pvp..

Posted

I am loving Black Desert now that I have moved to the Korean server :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I am loving Black Desert now that I have moved to the Korean server :) 

I am loving Black Desert now that I have uninstalled the game.

5 people like this

Posted

I find grinding mobs fun. The infinite leveling part is just there to award people's grinding. There is an achieveable level and then levels that aren't meant to be reached on the current patch. BDO is kinda lazy in a way with its level up. They could have made a level cap and then all xp goes toward skill xp but Pearl Abyss chose to just not cap levels but the amount of xp grows exponentially while the xp gained also diminishes because there aren't mobs high enough leveled.

Posted

Do people do this with every game?

Posted

While I think your points don't help the situation, this is a very niche sort of game.  The competitive aspect can not be balanced due to the perpetual progression and heavy rng factors, which will polarize the competitive population.  Those who wish for a more level playing field will move on to games that embrace that type of mechanic, which leaves a segment of the pvp-centric player base, and the pve players.  While everyone on the pve side should understand the animal they're dealing with in terms of the limitations and core design, many will convince themselves that either they can deal with it or what they have heard is not true.  A segment of these people are going to drift off as well.  

I think what we will see after the numbers level off, is kind of a squishy middle pvx player with the really hardcore pvp population left.  I wouldn't consider it a dead game, but I think it's ridiculous to think that the core design will appeal to a main stream audience.  With no bots, hackers, overpriced cash shop, and perfect servers; I think you would have still seen a sharp decline at some point.

1 person likes this

Posted

Likely written by one of those people that rushed to high level, got burnt out and bored of it and thus claims the game is dead/dying.

I disagree.
"Especially after 50 level when the grinding becomes retardedly difficult where everyone is competing for mobs in the high level areas."

Sounds like someone who spent a month casually playing who got frustrated and quit before 52.

Posted

Who's quitting? The YouTube and streamers? They're a handful of individual players and they don't reflect the majority.

3 people like this

Posted

Last time I checked, casuals who only play a few hours every now and then was never competitive in ANY mmorpg to begin with <.<' so yeah. Idk what the QQing in the article is about :c. Put in more time, get more competitive and more stuff. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a terribly written article...

Posted

Last time I checked, casuals who only play a few hours every now and then was never competitive in ANY mmorpg to begin with <.<' so yeah. Idk what the QQing in the article is about :c. Put in more time, get more competitive and more stuff. 

Sigh. I'm forced to agree.

I got a lot of shit for grinding dungeons for a month straight in GW2 to fund my candied cupcake stick aka Bifrost.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who's quitting? The YouTube and streamers? They're a handful of individual players and they don't reflect the majority.

Right, that's why it takes 2 hours after every maintenance to see more than 10 people in the city, and when you do, it's because of autopathers logging on to go afk again.

But use whatever coping mechanic makes you happy, if denial is it then be my guest.

3 people like this

Posted

Right, that's why it takes 2 hours after every maintenance to see more than 10 people in the city, and when you do, it's because of autopathers logging on to go afk again.

But use whatever coping mechanic makes you happy, if denial is it then be my guest.

It's ridiculous how easy it is to find prime grind spots at Sausans and Pirates

Sigh

Posted

Many of us, myself included are on hiatus until awakenings come.

Awakenings will breathe new life into the game for me and many others but if people truly are leaving, one fact comes to mind.

The biggest problem this game which is advertised as a sandbox mmorpg is facing is the fact that all the other systems are completed overshadowed by grinding in progression quality. 

The horse breeder, alchemist, chef, shipwright, wagon craftsman, blacksmith, trader, hunter, farmer, gather, or processor are all but peasants before the mindless drone hacking away at sausans or pirates all day. 

All other activities are simple, uningaging, and/or simply AFK practices. Instead of making professions a viable way to mainly play the game, they made them into what equates to side quests to fill time between grinding. 

Awakenings will help the game only in that for most classes it will make grinding, the only viable way to play the game, more entertaining.

As P2W as a game like archeage is, at least if you devote yourself to a craft, or even to piracy of others craft, you can make significant progress. 

7 people like this

Posted

Hey now, I solo pirates and sausans but still am artisan 3 in alchemy. I may be a mindless drone but I have feelings too. 

1 person likes this