• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why People Are Quitting Black Desert

163 posts in this topic

Posted

Should rename Topic to "Why are People quitting Hack Desert".

Posted

But throwing bunch of all types of players together in non instanced world and giving them the most basic development of AI/gear bone to fight over has absolutely nothing to do with balance nor challenging, fun PvP. It is not "survival of the fittest", it is survival of the dumbest, those who can spend most time in brandead grind and/or simply have dumb luck.

Shhhhh...

Psst.

*whispers*: Its needed that they sleep 'neath the delusion of having "skillz" just a little longer. :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

Shhhhh...

Psst.

*whispers*: Its needed that they sleep 'neath the delusion of having "skillz" just a little longer. :ph34r:

I am starting to believe that so called OWPvP games attract only those gamers who need some crutch in a form of gear or level or any kind of advantage to be relevant because they stand no chance in somewhat balanced PvP games.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am starting to believe that so called OWPvP games attract only those gamers who need some crutch in a form of gear or level or any kind of advantage to be relevant because they stand no chance in somewhat balanced PvP games.

Don't forget the OWPvP that has super hardcore thrilling combat that lasts for the span of....oohh...1-3 seconds, maybe 5 seconds if you're terrible. Get the jump on someone, nuke them, they die, then go back to grinding mobs. It's a VERY stimulating and challenging combat system! :P It's very hardcore I tell you!

Edited by Illuminia
edit
1 person likes this

Posted

bdo_sucks_meme.thumb.jpg.4e3cd978c37be01

Posted

bdo_sucks_meme.thumb.jpg.4e3cd978c37be01

Stahp. xD

Posted (edited)

Stahp. xD

I can't

it's so fun 

Edited by Lentu

Posted (edited)

Poor balance and terrible desync.

Maybe this will change in future update, I hope so.

Edited by Og

Posted

The game has issues but some YouTubers really blew some things way out of proportion to justify why they are no longer making BDO content.

You know why these YouTubers "quit"?

The hype train has ended and the YouTube locusts are flocking to the next hyped game in order to make that sweet Patreon income.

The fact that they bullshit their audience with things like "I quit BDO because it is too much p2w" is a disgrace.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That is an interesting point.

During those days when PC games used to come in larger boxes (some of you remember that yeah?) - I can recall moving through several games at a fairly rapid pace. I still have some of them and the larger boxes that they came in. They're museum pieces now of course.

oh yeah i remember them. in fact i just have to look behind me xD 

VjjWU2m.jpg

Then of course later came the Gameboy, PS3, and now "Smart Devices" (other platforms) and the same thing happens. There are so many platforms now that provide relatively 'quick hit' gaming experiences that are much less involved than persistently maintaining MMORPG-type characters. But this is why I pay no heed to online reviewers expressing why they quit a game.

well i dont know. 

since i could start my first "home computer" (C64) not much changed. i certainly play with the same "dedication" , "eagerness" and "comittment" as i used to play as kid. the only difference i see is that i get somewhat impatient having the 800th game lacking a proper tutorial and expecting you to "dig into it" as if it would be the first game ever. thats what i hated most about EVE or Elite Dangerous. i mean gosh thats such an oldschool steep and somewhat unfunny start to begin with.

now having said that i do think that you two are on to something, but that it may be less related to the games in special, but the gamer generation. stay with me a second. i mean ppl that do actually remember the boxes are usually generation-x and born in the 70ties and 80ties.

My impression is that the millinials, "digital natives", iE the iphone generation appears to have the least patience for games, or well any content or activity that requires more than just a superficial comittment in general aiming and striving to get the "quick kick" and than move on. they feel best when everything is exchanged in twitter compliant 140 char limitations and any kind of activity requiring longer focus (like longer texts) will make them nervous if they cant find a "tl;dr" somewhere easing their brain pain.  And thats what you two notice, but my guess is, to sum it up, that its the generation, not the medium nor the games in special.

cheers.

6a00d83451fc5a69e2010534e3a67c970c-800wi

Edited by Nirax
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i agree.. they forgot AH bots... and how the xp nerf ruined grinding and pvp..

You play the game?

The game has issues but some YouTubers really blew some things way out of proportion to justify why they are no longer making BDO content.

You know why these YouTubers "quit"?

The hype train has ended and the YouTube locusts are flocking to the next hyped game in order to make that sweet Patreon income.

The fact that they bullshit their audience with things like "I quit BDO because it is too much p2w" is a disgrace.

Also check how many views they get with salty i quit titles. For example docgotgames with a channel of 6.812 subscribes his quit video is at 57.000 views :D

Edited by Epitafios

Posted

Just getting super tired of these quit posts. Who cares if you quut. Its your opinion stop pretending everyone agree. 

JustI know i will quit when +20 enchants arrive. I was in for the pvp, but seems like this game wont offer any proper pvp gameplay. Guess ill try out legion if it would offer balanced pvp gameplay.

Hah. WoW balanced? Never has been never will be. 

Posted

I am loving Black Desert now that I have uninstalled the game.

And you are still here? You don't lie then when you  say you love this game you cant get away from it.

Posted

Not always. Ultima Online was an OWPvP game that didn't have levels (was skill point based 0.0 up to 100.0) and gear didn't determine fights. You could fight naked if you knew what you were doing, and you didn't need 100.0 skill to be effective. Not only that, but it had a karma system, murder counts, full loot (right up to being able to steal boats and houses), player towns, and bounty system nearly 20 years ago.

Posted

You all seem so loyal, and this is something is actively made fun. BDO has some of the most loyal fans right after WoW. But hey, at least WoW fans are mostly justified. 

Every game has fans and every game has haters like you :D

Posted

Sigh. I'm forced to agree.

I got a lot of shit for grinding dungeons for a month straight in GW2 to fund my candied cupcake stick aka Bifrost.

It's a good thing it was a grind with a fixed outcome though, huh? Whether you grind materials or the gold straight up, it's a mindnumbing bore, but at least you know for sure that the item will be yours, and won't break/explode/fail/die-a-painful-RNG-death once you get there.

Posted

Taking a break for a bit til Awakenings come out. Musa's are hard to grind with because of the nerfs to Rising Storm, so I'm just chilling out and making sure I don't burn out of Black Desert.

Posted

People are quitting black desert because most people nowadays have a decreasing attention span and lack the commitment to put time and effort into something rather than have it handed to them.

Couple that with a game that speeds you through to max level in a couple of weeks (50-55+ is a different matter), and then have no real options for those people to do other than grind or grief and you cannot be suprised that this would happen.

1999: Imagine Everquest if everyone got to 50 within a couple of weeks of go-live and all people had to do was Lady Vox.

2004: Imagine WoW if everyone got to 50 within a couple of weeks with no dungeons and just a couple of broken boss mobs.

Each of those would be suffering in the exact same way I suspect.

Also, lets not forget there is a VAST amount of other games to play nowadays as well.

Posted

Didn't read thread. People are quitting because of hackers. As I've said in other threads, when I get done playing with horsies, I'll be moving onto another game because there's no point in competitive play while hackers are rampant. The wave bans aren't enough obviously. The number of hacker threads on the first page of this forum section says it all. 

Posted

Didn't read thread. People are quitting because of hackers. As I've said in other threads, when I get done playing with horsies, I'll be moving onto another game because there's no point in competitive play while hackers are rampant. The wave bans aren't enough obviously. The number of hacker threads on the first page of this forum section says it all. 

Horsies can hack?

Posted

Not always. Ultima Online was an OWPvP game that didn't have levels (was skill point based 0.0 up to 100.0) and gear didn't determine fights. You could fight naked if you knew what you were doing, and you didn't need 100.0 skill to be effective. Not only that, but it had a karma system, murder counts, full loot (right up to being able to steal boats and houses), player towns, and bounty system nearly 20 years ago.

And that is completely different game, just that one bolded part. BDO is all about investing huge amounts of time into painful grind to get that single item you can so easily lose when trying to upgrade. Gear has a huge impact. If you could fight naked in BDO, it would be about skill and none would really care if you could loot any darn thing from them. 

So not all OWPvP games are full of PvP failures. That is good to know. Too bad this one is.

Posted

I miss a certain feature from another game. PWE games have ingame bots. Their mmos have open world and teretorial pvp and through good hack protection i personaly never saw even one hacker in 5 years in jade dynasty for example. They let theor servers check any action so basically if u want to hack in game u need to hack the server. Also the build in bot made botting by a programm useless. I wish devs would pay more attention to the past and the other companys

Posted

And that is completely different game, just that one bolded part. BDO is all about investing huge amounts of time into painful grind to get that single item you can so easily lose when trying to upgrade. Gear has a huge impact. If you could fight naked in BDO, it would be about skill and none would really care if you could loot any darn thing from them. 

Yeah, even the mobs in Ultima Online would loot items from players, which was kind of funny. You could wind up killing some random mob that was loaded due to having looted some player earlier on.

Losing your gear wasn't a huge issue because the vast majority of gear in the game originated from player crafters. There was magical equipment that sometimes dropped but you were perfectly fine with crafter-made stuff. Crafters would have their own NPC merchants at their homes and would advertise their goods in town, handing out marked runes (teleport stones) so players could find their shop. You would develop favorite crafters who carried great goods with very fair prices, and if you died it would just be a short teleport to their merchant to pick up a new armor set - assuming you didn't have a spare one in the bank.

Personally I preferred bone armor:

C3kvAOK.png

It was lightweight, offered decent protection, and you could find it quite easily for cheap. Plus it looked awesome :P Nothing like a bone armor wearing lunatic with halberd and heavy xbow chasing after you to make you run for the guards!

2 people like this

Posted

Noone has quit BDO yet, people are just taking longer breaks between their play sessions!