• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let us loot the wagons we destroy

Should we be able to loot destroyed wagons?   199 votes

1. 1. Should we be able to loot destroyed wagons?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Couldn't find a thread already on this topic after searching the forums.

The idea is simple. If we kill a player's wagon, let us loot the contents. It will add a little risk of bringing your wagon to your favorite grinding spot. This will make players think "should I bring my wagon so I can grind for longer, or should I just go by myself so my wagon doesn't get destroyed and looted?" It would cause players to find more unique and creative hiding places for their wagons rather than just leaving them out in the open. This will also, of course, add much needed risk to the otherwise boring manual trade runs.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by Jonn
1 person likes this

Posted

then you would just have raiders running around not farming and stealing everything.  to each their own tho, as we have seen, if it can be grieved it will be. since you can currently destroy them i wont use them ever... just spend more time running around rather than loosing a chunk of it.

4 people like this

Posted

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

it'd have to be super regulated. I think it's a good idea, get trade runners to hire guards and what not and so on. currently Daum is having trouble balancing PvP. Espically with the trolls and grifers and easy kill carebears constantly begging for no restrictions what so ever. and with some PvEers begging for all the restrictions. until Daum finds the proper middle ground for PvP and PvE where both are fun and acceptable and interact well this isn't even a topic of discussion. However that said, as soon as PvPvE is properly balanced, with rules that arent too lenient and also arent too strict, i'd like to see this implemented. it'd make BDO more alive in a sense.

+1

Edited by Ralix Tanner

Posted

Nononono. Please no.

I don't trust NA with this at all. We're assholes. D:

8 people like this

Posted

817.png

11 people like this

Posted

yea id love to see it but... yea NA and free shit dont go well together

Posted

Nononono. Please no.

817.png

efee4d95bae0fea59072ff2737d1418d8c9e1b55

1 person likes this

Posted

the above is so true, but again if it's implemented with the right restrictions, like location, or level, or only some of the loot etc etc it may not be so bad.
also kinda want to be hired as a merc to protect cargo and fight off against assholes.... then be an asshole and loot the assholes.

Posted

Sounds fun to me!

Posted

The idea is simple. If we kill a player's wagon, let us loot the contents. It will add a little risk of bringing your wagon to your favorite grinding spot. This will make players think "should I bring my wagon so I can grind for longer, or should I just go by myself so my wagon doesn't get destroyed and looted?" It would cause players to find more unique and creative hiding places for their wagons rather than just leaving them out in the open. This will also, of course, add much needed risk to the otherwise boring manual trade runs.

I'd be fine with seeing people lose everything if their wagon was destroyed, but not necessarily the looting for a couple reasons:

1:  It allows transference of wealth, and could be a sneaky way people get around the "no trade".  Yeah, it's riskier, but if you can make it go the right way more times than it goes south, then it's a major exploit.  Personally, I'm not that against player trading (it's more that I'm apathetic), but I can see why people are and how BDO's gone to prevent that.

2:  This makes all wagons, no matter their cost/wealth/etc. become immediately "potential good loot" targets for anyone.  This means that the amount of times people's wagons get destroyed is going to be huge and not just some rare thing that happens out of nowhere or because you ticked someone off.  Simply put, after a while people will likely just stop using wagons.  It wouldn't be "risk" so much as "guaranteed loss", especially in more popular parts.

3:  People can circumvent the trading aspect entirely by trading on low-leveled characters without PvP enabled.  So even if looting were added, they have no risk anyway.  A wagon being destroyed and it deleting all of the items means that even PvE deaths are something people have to watch out for.  Otherwise, they pay an NPC to move stuff, which means they're sinking more money into moving something so it's more of a gold-sink if they have to do this frequently.

2 people like this

Posted

Those are some fantastic points you've brought up, Maevynn. I definitely agree with you. Having all of the items in your wagon being destroyed along with your wagon would be a great middle-ground and I hope the developers consider it. Right now it's a bit silly that if your wagon is destroyed, you just resurrect it at the stables with all the items still there.

Great posts everybody, thank you for contributing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Although looting other players wagons is pretty immersive, it would be easily abused, might work out if the player looting someones wagon received  some sort of punishment via the karma system, but i don't know.

Posted

so what about limited looting? and restrictions based on lvl difference and so on? or location restriction?
that way wagons don't instantly all become good loot, but a chance to get decent loot. it could also require you to form a pack from what you take the wagon forcing you to move slower and thus making you a potential target after successfully getting the loot. honestly it can be worked out so to minimize abuse both in terms of trading and over fishing. make it so silver cannot be directly transferred over. the items in the wagon can be marked by it's owner in some way, labeling the goods as stolen if looted and then add a black market npc which would be the only npc to buy the stolen loot. also have it so that a tool is required to pry the loot from the wagon. if theres a risk reward system and a cost/investment you need to do to even try to take from another person the over fishing problem would be reduced. same for the trading abuse.

Posted

I disagree unless its pvp guild missions then fair enough but not open world that would be a pain :/

Posted

Trading goods in your coach/inventory can be partially dropped actually if you get killed by a player.

Posted

Well this ties to PvP as a global issue in the game, therefore it is hard to give a definite answer. 

Especialy since specifics should be tailored according to what the devs chose to go with regarding pvp.

If they want to emphasize pvp and give pvp players a real reason to attack wagons, then yes, if you take the time and effort to destroy a wagon, it would only make sense for its contents to become yours! 

In any case, one way to go to satisfy all players would be for the pvper to loot something randomly generated based on the quantity and quality of the stuff the wagon was actualy carrying, without the items being "taken" by the player owning the cart that got destroyed. The owner could get a time penalty on his delivery or something (although in my opinion that wouldn't be enough of a setback, if someone gave you a reason to target his wagons, you should be able to inflict at least a minor annoyance).

Posted

it'd have to be super regulated. I think it's a good idea, get trade runners to hire guards and what not and so on.

I am not confident any amount of guards could protect these wagons.

Posted

Unfortunately chinese farmers would exploit this to sell gold to people.

Posted

While yes, this game already has punishing enough systems in place. But the destroyed wagons being lootable would and could break the purpose of other features, since you wouldn't have to work-hard to get them but instead all you just gotta do is destroy a players wagon and steal all the loot they worked hard to get. This type of system would be rewarding lazy behavior instead of rewarding hard work. Also this type of system can and would be exploited to all kinds of devious ways too.

So, no, I don't think they should incorporate this into the western version

Posted

Posted

I am not confident any amount of guards could protect these wagons.

not if they're NPCs, I'm talking about players who act as guards, also why are there like 50+ people lying in wait for one wagon. is that player controlled? is that for a player? or is that just an NPC that runs at a particular time like a world event/boss of some sort, because if it were a player then times would be different the loot wouldn't be worth 20+ people coordinating an attack and both NPC guards and more so player guards would put up a decent fight against these people. especially if they're like the castle and city guards who rekt shit.

Posted (edited)

or is that just an NPC that runs at a particular time like a world event

Tax Wagon Event
- Every Friday 8:00pm KST
- Earn money based on your DPS

Edited by Sydney

Posted

Tax Wagon Event
- Every other Friday 8:00pm KST
- Earn money based on your DPS
-Two Tax Carts one in Heidel and Veila

yeah that event is meant to be non defend-able, and attract a large crowd. a player wagon won't attract the same crowd because if it's limited loot (not full loot) of the wagons contents it wouldn't be worth getting a huge group together. If it's full loot, it'd be worth a full party assault, maybe a party plus 2 at the most, which if you're hiring both NPCs and players to defend the wagon, or just players, should be pretty even in terms of defending the cart and getting from one location to the other. especially if someone can repair (a limited number of times).

Posted

i agree with everyone else... this is just a excuse for me to farm other peoples hard work and only play 1/4th the time they do.... it would be very obvious very quickly which routes yield the best items.

If this was not SUPPPEEERRR monitored and well balanced it would destroy the current in game trading routes

3 people like this