• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game Crashes

6 posts in this topic

Posted

@GM_Huego

So since launch I have had an issue where the game will completely freeze, and windows brings up a window saying the game is not responding and i can either wait for it to respond or i can close the game. after this one of two things can happen. either the game will fix itself after a little wait (very rare) or the more typical ending , i have to restart the game.

now before you ask. i have tested game files (i have done repairs , as well as full re-installs) so you'd think its not the game files. I had also ran multiple disk check's to make sure i dont have any corrupted partitions, that was not the issue. i had also ran memtest to check my ram. that was ALSO not the issue.

now, this issue has fixed itself rarely from patches , but also always returns. this leads to the only conclusion being an issue with patches. but the last time i sent in a ticket , the GM decided to deflect and state that the game is completely stable. completely ignoring the customer reporting an issue.

i have been extremely patient with this praying that it would be fixed. but at this point i have grown tired and frustrated. if nothing else everybody who has this issue deserves the respect and attention they paid for, by buying your game. we are your customers.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would just like to back up Burhead's comments. I too have the exact same issue.  I have repaired files, re-installed game, adjusted game video settings.  I am running a non-overclocked i5 4670k, x2 R9 290's, 16gb on board ram, ... lots of fans. This cannot be the first time you have run into this issue, or this is seen as a unique problem.
 Whenever I am doing AFK fishing (not minimized to tray, though it seems to happen here too only not as much)) or even running my horse across the map , I will experience a freeze... followed by a white fogged screen with the "Black Desert is not responding". 

I want to really experience this game to it's fullest potential, I want to stay with it ... but if this issue continues without an approach to acknowledging and fixing the issue... I will go to a game that has more stability.

2 things I would like to see...

1) You acknowledge that this is an issue with the game and not our systems. (being that it seems to be talked about from many I meet online).

2) The assurance that since this is an issue, we are heard and the issue is being addressed by your tech teams.

Edited by cindersoul

Posted (edited)

@cindersoul

got a response from a different gm this time in a seperate ticket. and these are the following steps they have told me to do. if i forget to post any updates then i probably didn't crash again and these work.

• Make sure you have enough free disk space on your HDD/SSD (30-40gb for installer - another 30-40gb for the client)
  • Delete the UserCache folder in "Documents" -> "Black Desert"
  • Delete the Cache folder in your game installation folder.
  • Delete the service.ini in your game installation folder.

To attempt a repair you just need to do the following.

• Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)
  • Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck
  • Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files

nope dont fix the issue. on to the next.

Edited by Burhead
2 people like this

Posted

I've had the same issue since I've bought the game and it doesn't matter what settings, I have tried medium, low, very low, optimization mode, turning off all virus scans, firewall, malware scan, running in compatibility mode, running as admin, deleting the cache....I have GTX 960, win 10, 16 gig ram.

Posted (edited)

here are the responses i got from the tickets (names omitted so they dont have a viable reason to remove this post)

excuses of their inability to make their game stable while claiming the game is extremely stable (the first copy pasta is from a different ticket but same premise)

Hello,

To be clear I have only stated that as with any software crashes can and do occur, the game itself is very much so stable as can be seen by the vast number of concurrent players connected and enjoying the game. Some users have reported the occasional crash as is expected with any type of software, and events that are outside of our ability to control can result in a game crash. As I have explained in as much detail as to the reasons behind our policies and cannot issue you any item or compensation, I am not able to assist you further in this ticket and no further response can be given.

I sincerely hope your future adventures in the game are more enjoyable and wish you the best of luck,
Kind regards

GM           
Black Desert Online Customer Support

Greetings,

I am sorry for any inconveniences caused by this issue, but at this moment we do not have a solution to your current problem.

I have taken note of your ticket and flagged it for review by our team, please understand that at this time we cannot give you an ETA on when we will have a solution.

While we offer limited technical support, we can't guarantee that we can solve every issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

GM            

Hi,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please note that as we have no direct access to your computer, it's almost impossible to solve every single issues. I'm really sorry for your losses, as a player I truly understand you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

GM            

Edited by Burhead

Posted

I and a few other I know are having this exact issue. I have yet to submit a ticket, but the "Fix" that you have posted above is actually the exact same fix they told me to try for a separate issue..of course that didn't fix it and they had to manually do something else to fix it. I am pretty sure my computer is way up to par for this game.. especially since I have played other graphic intensive games like ARK...I really hope they fix this issue.. its getting old.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0