• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do I feel like I've been ripped off yet again?

226 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I reached level 50 and at that point I feel like I'm in a different game.

I get ambushed now and with the cutting back of bandwidth from the start of the game the lag basically gives the ambushers the complete advantage.  

There is no time to fight, just get killed.  That wasn't part of the deal.  Getting ambushed while doing quests and being unable to even fight or defend yourself is not PVP.

I lose stuff out of my inventory when killed.  That was never part of the deal.  Where does it say that happens?

The cost of repairing has gone up 1000%, that was never part of the deal.  Where does it say that will happen when you reach level 50?

I can kill 100 giants and gain only 1.25% but if I get killed I lose at least 1.5%,  again not part of the deal.  Where does it say it gets 10x harder to level after lvl 50?

Why is it that every game coming down the pike these days are all money holes with the game producers out to bilk every dime from the players?  

Why does it feel like we are being scammed by the game companies just to get us playing and then they change the game to just sell stuff?

Why do they always cut way back on the bandwidth after a month or two and degrade the game play?

Why do they always start a game with one setup and yet a month or two later have changed the game so much it's not the same game as at the start?

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Solar

Posted (edited)

I get ambushed now and with the cutting back of bandwidth from the start of the game the lag basically gives the ambushers the complete advantage.  

There is no time to fight, just get killed.  That wasn't part of the deal.  Getting ambushed while doing quests and being unable to even fight or defend yourself is not PVP.

Its sad u made that kind of experience, i never did myself, with the loss of the the exp decrease there should be even less PK's out there now. Or atleast they should think twice before they kill you.

I lose stuff out of my inventory when killed.  That was never part of the deal.  Where does it say that happens?

I was suprised aswell, but its not that bad. You only can loose Trading stock items if you die.

The cost of repairing has gone up 1000%, that was never part of the deal.  Where does it say that will happen when you reach level 50?

Ok that never been a struggle to me, i think its not that high. After farming hours of hasrah cliff(and these golems rip ypur items durable like hell) i need to pay like 13k to repair everything and 13k isnt that much.

I can kill 100 giants and gain only 1.25% but if I get killed I lose at least 1.5%,  again not part of the deal.  Where does it say it gets 10x harder to level after lvl 50?

With lvl50 u arent  supposed to farm Giants anymore, thats why u only get 1,25%. Better go for Helms/Elrics or look for a Sausan Group if you want some good exp.

Why is it that every game coming down the pike these days are all money holes with the game producers out to bilk every dime from the players?

Because in the end the only thing counts for the company is money. Welcome to our sad world. 

Why does it feel like we are being scammed by the game companies just to get us playing and then they change the game to just sell stuff?

Same.

Why do they always cut way back on the bandwidth after a month or two and degrade the game play?

Why do they always start a game with one setup and yet a month or two later have changed the game so much it's not the same game as at the start?

Edited by Sardinen
1 person likes this

Posted

60141585.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I was suprised aswell, but its not that bad. You only can loose Trading stock items if you die.

Well looks to me like that targets upgrade stones.  I was killed three times and every time I lost a weapons stone.  Just another ploy to give the advantage to the entrenched beta testers who know how the game worked before the launch.  I learned one thing, that is to not reach level 50 before your gear is maxed because trying to get stone to upgrade is a lot harder when the game is stealing upgrades from you.

Posted

I agree. That is not what I would call PvP. That is OWPvP and if nothing else I am grateful to BDO for teaching me what is it like and what kind of people enjoy playing it. I will not fall into that trap ever again. 

You only lose trade items which you should sell not carry around. And they are not such a big deal anyway.

I didnt even notice that. You make more money at lvl 50, way more, just with exchange items so repair cost is pretty much marginal.

If you think it gets harder at 50 wait until you get at 55. If I wanted a "fun" like that I would rather go back working at the automatic band and at least get paid for it.

Because they can. Because we are stupid enough to believe their "no P2W" and other promises. Because they can milk us like a cow and sheer us like a sheep and we will still keep handing them money and playing their game. Again, I am grateful to BDO because I learned never again to give my money in front to a game based on promises.

6 people like this

Posted

Well looks to me like that targets upgrade stones.  I was killed three times and every time I lost a weapons stone.  Just another ploy to give the advantage to the entrenched beta testers who know how the game worked before the launch.  I learned one thing, that is to not reach level 50 before your gear is maxed because trying to get stone to upgrade is a lot harder when the game is stealing upgrades from you.

You lost a Black Stone Weapon out of your Inventory when u died? Never hearded of that before, also never happend to me.

Or do you mean something else with weapons stone?

In case you mean the crystals you put in your gear, its normal they break from time to time when you get killed by Monster(not from players)

1 person likes this

Posted

• You can at max lose trade items, unless you went red by killing several other players, which then would be your own fault.
  • Your armor loses durability when you get hit, that includes PvP too, but for sure it doesn't increase the cost by 1000%.
  • You lose 1% per death, not 1,5%. Since the recent change you won't lose anything in PvP, unless, once again, you were red by killing other players.

Also what is it with you and your "That was never part of the deal. Where does it say that happens?", did you expect an essay from Daum that lists up everything the game does / offers you?

"Never part of the deal", who did you make this deal with? Was there some magical figure that told you all these things would never happen? Sure you aren't high?

The only significant change in that regard that was made since launch was the removal of the OWPvP EXP loss, something that you even complained about in your post.

And those bad bad beta testers, not like they provide informations too. Better get rid of beta testing right away and ship the game with as many bugs as possible.

3 people like this

Posted

• You can at max lose trade items, unless you went red by killing several other players, which then would be your own fault.
  • Your armor loses durability when you get hit, that includes PvP too, but for sure it doesn't increase the cost by 1000%.
  • You lose 1% per death, not 1,5%. Since the recent change you won't lose anything in PvP, unless, once again, you were red by killing other players.

Also what is it with you and your "That was never part of the deal. Where does it say that happens?", did you expect an essay from Daum that lists up everything the game does / offers you?

"Never part of the deal", who did you make this deal with? Was there some magical figure that told you all these things would never happen? Sure you aren't high?

The only significant change in that regard that was made since launch was the removal of the OWPvP EXP loss, something that you even complained about in your post.

And those bad bad beta testers, not like they provide informations too. Better get rid of beta testing right away and ship the game with as many bugs as possible.

No one asked your childish opinion.   If you don't loke my choice of words don't read my posts or reply to them.  That's what normal people do.

You lost a Black Stone Weapon out of your Inventory when u died? Never hearded of that before, also never happend to me.

Or do you mean something else with weapons stone?

In case you mean the crystals you put in your gear, its normal they break from time to time when you get killed by Monster(not from players)

I had the stones in my inventory, not in a weapon.

Posted (edited)

You don't lose XP from dying in PVP. You haven't for a while. You also only lose trade items in your inventory which are basically just junk anyway. Also i don't think items drop from pvp either. You also NEVER drop black stones for any reason. The only thin that would make you lose items is you are negative karma from killing people. Then again not even sure if thats implemented on US version of game.

Your complaints about the game company trying to milk money out of you is also complete non sense. Nothing they sell has any impact on what you are complaining about. Its all just cosmetic.

Me thinks you are a troll.

Edited by rekrn

Posted

cutting back of bandwidth from the start of the game the lag basically gives the ambushers the complete advantage.  

Wouldn't they be lagging as well, if this was true?

Posted (edited)

You don't lose XP from dying in PVP. You haven't for a while. You also only lose trade items in your inventory which are basically just junk anyway. Also i don't think items drop from pvp either.

Your complaints about the game company trying to milk money out of you is also complete non sense. Nothing they sell has any impact on what you are complaining about. Its all just cosmetic.

Me thinks you are a troll.

Learn to read.  I never said I lost exp in PVP, you did.  I think you're either working for the game or one of those loyalists who defend the game they are playing mindlessly and try to disparage and demean anyone who disagrees with that view.  The troll is you.  I'm just a consumer who is being misled and deceived by a vendor online.  I didn't say trying to bilk money had anything to do with the game changes that again is you assuming, trying to read something that isn't there when it would seem you can't even understand what is posted, never mind what isn't.

Edited by Spafon

Posted

What kind of stones exactly im still wondering, a Blackstone or any kind of Magic Crystal?

Posted

Learn to read.  I never said I lost exp in PVP, you did.  I think you're either working for the game or one of those loyalists who defend the game they are playing mindlessly and try to disparage and demean anyone who disagrees with that view.  The troll is you.  I'm just a consumer who is being misled and deceived by a vendor online.

Well you are obviously a troll with that response.

How are you mislead? Xp loss from death has been in the game since level 1. Its not something new that poped on you. You were complaining about PVP and then talked about losing XP and items when you die. Its not hard to connect the two as you never said you were talking about PVE deaths in your second sentence immediately after crying about dying in pvp.

Posted

excepts you only lose 1% when you die.

Posted

What kind of stones exactly im still wondering, a Blackstone or any kind of Magic Crystal?

You question assumes I'm an idiot and therefore is not worthy of answering.

Posted (edited)

With your post and responses it is fair to assume so.

Edited by Hadex
8 people like this

Posted

Oh wow... just wanted to help lol but ok. Im done trying to help you.

Btw. u called the Item "weapons stone" thats why im asking, there is no item ingame with this name, atleast i dont know any.

Posted

You cannot lose blackstone in any way no matter what you die of. So you are either lying or totally misinformed. Not a good base to call others idiots.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

-> for me nothing changed with lvl 45 (where pvp starts) till lvl 56 except maybe some pkers near grinding hotspots.

-> no problems here either. Maybe its your internet connection/provider or country? or maybe your computer (GPU, CPU? )

-> if you are lvl 50 and the other player is lvl 55 or higher, sure you will be oneshot even if you would have max gear! thinking you can win every fight as a new player is little bit off ;)

-> losing tradeitems or fishes is a known game mechanic. Little bit research and you would know that its this way since the game started. Otherwise you only loose 1% exp and gems/crystals from your armor/weapons with pve deaths and if you have minus karma you can loose EXP, gems and even enchantlevels of your armor/weapons

-> only higher gear has higher repaircosts. But you can earn yourself 3 million silver/hour easy, so not rly an issue.

-> giants are lvl 49, you are lvl 50 so they are lowlevel for you. every mob that is lowlevel will give you less EXP then highlevel mobs would give you. With lvl 50 its easy to level up. just prepare yourself for lvl 56+ where 1-2% /hour is max!

-> because MMOs have to be developed further and there is a big staff that has to work for the game and community. So they have to get money from somewhere to get the game going!

-> they dont change the game just to sell stuff (do you have any specific item/situation in mind? ). But sure they have to sell stuff and earn money!

-> they expanded and optimized the servers and channels many times. They dont "cut back" anywhere!

-> because MMOs always change based on feedback, ideas of the community or themselfs and because of new content to be added and the HAVE to change or else they just could have sold a singleplayer game.

Edited by Myssy

Posted

With your post and responses it is fair to assume so.

Get a life troll.

Posted

No one asked your childish opinion.   If you don't loke my choice of words don't read my posts or reply to them.  That's what normal people do.

you -----ing idiot casual, go back to playing sth else if you dont enjoy this, this is how the game works thats your so called "deal" now go ----- yourself

1 person likes this

Posted

Get a life troll.

You keep making that assumption relevant

Posted (edited)

Get a life troll.

for real? someone is answering you and you just call im troll ^^ right. go on play another game if you arent happy with this one.

but this happens if you dont have any real arguments....just answering with bullsh***

Edited by Myssy

Posted

I know all the little troll ploys and you won't be claiming the higher moral ground and trying to play the injured party as trolls always try to do with me.  You called me a troll first, read back if you can't remember that long ago.  Therefore it's you playing the troll trying to be the wise gamer and taking the stance of defending the game company while doing a personal attack on me. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0