• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do I feel like I've been ripped off yet again?

226 posts in this topic

Posted

So there are a few things that I disagree with in this post and some that I agree with.  

First is about how you said you didn't think that dsync was bad enough to affect me playing my class, how I needed practice and should talk to other good berserkers.  BDOsaws posted a great video detailing all the issues that dsync causes for berserkers (and I believe he showed it from a ball perspective as well).  http://youtu.be/ultGzo-piXE is the video and I would highly encourage you to go watch it.

Second, were a few of your points in the other content. While I concede there are quite a few things on that list that I did not do, there are many that I have.

I have professional training as I was consistently working towards getting a team of t7 horses.

I have 3 max leveled tier 4 pets along with every costume for the berserker, each dyed to the colors I like most.

Organized pvp in the arena is what I live for. If I was not out grinding you were sure to find me in the Heide arena honing my skills and getting in as much practice against the classes I had the most difficulty with.

Plus I was 110 AP 212 DP, full +15 ultimate grunil, PRI / Duo accessories I was pretty much maxed out on gear so grinding at that point just became a thing to get more exp, skill points for future awakening skills as I had all of the ones I needed, and to build a pile of cash to sit on in case I needed it.

-----

All that being said, to say that I want a game where I get everything for free without putting in any work is a bit presumptuous.  I enjoyed putting in the work and enjoyed the sense of completion when I got that accessory to duo or that armor piece to ultimate.

For me, personally, though there were just some issues that took way too long to address and will likely take even longer to fix.  

I will watch the video because as I said, I may just be really lucky with desyncs and not having very many at all.  

I see though that you say there are things you have not tried.  It's great that you are doing other content but to come on the forums and complain there's not enough content when you yourself say "there are quite a few things on that list that I did not do [snip]" basically means "there's not enough content that *i* want to do".  If a game only has a certain amount of things for you to do in a game and you are bored otherwise, you should really consider another game.  You don't mold a game to you - you find a game that has what it takes to keep you.  

There is plenty to do in this game and only people who try to spend all their time constantly racing to the end and trying to get everything asap instead of enjoying the journey are the ones who complain about no content (and those who decide they dislike certain content so don't want to do it).  

You say it's presumptuous of me to assume you want everything for free yet you are the one who used the word "chore".  If playing the game to get experience or better gear is a chore, what option is there left?  Give it to you for free?  If you don't agree with that answer then the only other one is simply to quit playing.  In which case, why are you here complaining about the game feeling like a chore?  That's simply an illogical way to say it unless you want it for free.

Perhaps this just isn't the game for you.  Perhaps you need an alt.  Perhaps you need a new server, or to try all those things you admit you did not try.  Maybe you need a new guild with people who are more fun to play with who make grinding fun simply because you are hanging out with them.  

I play this game a ton and I'm nowhere near fully geared (and I have never bought a piece, I farm up my own items and +up using my own materials).  I feel people who whine about being bored while saying they're already geared are the type who just want instant gratification and have to race to the end because they only like the end part where they have all the shinies, instead of enjoying the journey which IS what a game is about.

If you want to quit, fine, nobody is stopping you, but at least try out those other things first so you didn't waste your money.  You obviously still care enough to make a post, so you probably care enough to investigate those other avenues too.

By the way, I am not trying to be rude.  I am just trying to change your perspective.  Sometimes I need a kick in the rump too and I'm glad people are around to do it ;)

Posted

I don't think there is a need for a new "Why people quit" post every single day.

If anything, people quit the game for such a stupid community that is unable to use the forum search.

Posted

These are the people the no xp loss on pvp death caters to?  They wont be pleased no matter what and if you did listen to all their ideas they would just get bored with uninspired game that results and leave 1 or 2 months later after making up some other random complaint and blaming it on devs.  Bring back pvp xp loss...he did not even know it was gone and he will be gone from game shortly anyway lol.

+9000

Posted

Nobody ripped you off, you ripped yourself off for not informing yourself about the game you're playing.

Black Desert is a 2014 game that came to EU/NA in 2016. There are 2 years of information on the internet, there is no excuse for not knowing that PK gets enabled after Lv45.

Posted

the game is rigged to prevent people from leveling after lvl 50

I dont know what are you smoking but I leveled to 55 just fine.

Posted

Paragraph structure would of almost made me read this.

Jus sayin. 

Posted

the game is rigged to prevent people from leveling after lvl 50 when it's advertised as an open-ended leveling system.  Clearly consumers have been misled.

lol and you call other people trolls.

Posted

I will watch the video because as I said, I may just be really lucky with desyncs and not having very many at all.  

I see though that you say there are things you have not tried.  It's great that you are doing other content but to come on the forums and complain there's not enough content when you yourself say "there are quite a few things on that list that I did not do [snip]" basically means "there's not enough content that *i* want to do".  If a game only has a certain amount of things for you to do in a game and you are bored otherwise, you should really consider another game.  You don't mold a game to you - you find a game that has what it takes to keep you.  

There is plenty to do in this game and only people who try to spend all their time constantly racing to the end and trying to get everything asap instead of enjoying the journey are the ones who complain about no content (and those who decide they dislike certain content so don't want to do it).  

You say it's presumptuous of me to assume you want everything for free yet you are the one who used the word "chore".  If playing the game to get experience or better gear is a chore, what option is there left?  Give it to you for free?  If you don't agree with that answer then the only other one is simply to quit playing.  In which case, why are you here complaining about the game feeling like a chore?  That's simply an illogical way to say it unless you want it for free.

Perhaps this just isn't the game for you.  Perhaps you need an alt.  Perhaps you need a new server, or to try all those things you admit you did not try.  Maybe you need a new guild with people who are more fun to play with who make grinding fun simply because you are hanging out with them.  

I play this game a ton and I'm nowhere near fully geared (and I have never bought a piece, I farm up my own items and +up using my own materials).  I feel people who whine about being bored while saying they're already geared are the type who just want instant gratification and have to race to the end because they only like the end part where they have all the shinies, instead of enjoying the journey which IS what a game is about.

If you want to quit, fine, nobody is stopping you, but at least try out those other things first so you didn't waste your money.  You obviously still care enough to make a post, so you probably care enough to investigate those other avenues too.

By the way, I am not trying to be rude.  I am just trying to change your perspective.  Sometimes I need a kick in the rump too and I'm glad people are around to do it

I agree that wording it like a chore was probably a poor choice. I should have worded that differently. And yes there are other quality of life things that I may enjoy with the game it, for me, is all pretty a means to the end-game of pvp content.  And anything that I do I feel is just going to be for naught as my pvp experience is still hindered and I fear it will remain hindered for quite some time.  Who knows though, maybe things will take a turn for the better and I will come back to a game that I think has amazing potential

Posted

Guess you aren't part of the deal as well 

Posted

repair costs are based on what level your gear is, not what your level is.  If you put your gear on your alts and go to repair you still get a big fat repair bill

Posted

It sounds like the OP defined his own expectations regardless of what information about the game there was/wasn't available beforehand.  Simply stating "that wasn't part of the deal" doesn't make you correct, and it insinuates some sort of deal between you and the game developer.  Which there was no such deal.

In short, OP ripped himself off at seemingly every turn.  

Posted

I'm amazed by the attitude of some people here. They are talking about working instead playing the game. Yes, you have to get everything in the game without any work. That does not mean without efforts. The game must be challenging, funny and entertaining. But if you have to waste your time for grind, instead to have fun, that is a bad game design. If you spend time and money with the presumption there will be fun at some moment, I can call that only a pure stupidity.

Posted

I'm amazed by the attitude of some people here. They are talking about working instead playing the game. Yes, you have to get everything in the game without any work. That does not mean without efforts. The game must be challenging, funny and entertaining. But if you have to waste your time for grind, instead to have fun, that is a bad game design. If you spend time and money with the presumption there will be fun at some moment, I can call that only a pure stupidity.

Well it is true. 95% of the game is "preparing to have fun"

Posted

Who's quitting?

A LOT of people are having FUN playing the game.

Posted

"Reason why many of use are Quitting bdo"

You're speaking for yourself right ??  This is another fail post and I bet you anything that those people whining and moaning about quitting are playing the game and just come here to get attention . 

And it's funny you think you're gonna get any sympathy from us. All of us are tired of the same QQ threads.

Posted

RNG

The people that are the luckiest in this game will stay but for those who have bad RNG will leave.

Posted

The #1 reason why the forums are shit nowadays is the high ammount of same topics over and over, every single day.

Posted

Quick someone make a topic about Rangers,  sorcs,  or the cash shop. 

1 person likes this

Posted

That sucks, i haven't had that much of a problem with it, but my guess is that you are unknowingly going into someone else's farming spot, try to be more aware of your surroundings and if you see players nearby make sure you keep your distance and you should be good, or change channels and hope there aren't people there.

As I said I was ambushed and it was on a road.  Getting killed is not the problem.  The problem is not being able to fight back or defend oneself.  As for that gibberish about getting near peoples farms, it's just absurd.

You dont have time to search about the game you buy for 5 mins, but you have time to say bullshit on a forum for hours on end. Nice try. Half of the thing you said in your first post just aint possible.

Warning, Spafon is not the sharpest pencil in the box.

Warning Ulcaster is a troll and too immature to understand that discussion is not insults and name calling.  That's trolling.

Posted

Quitting thread do nothing for the game. Sure the forum trolls love it, but to be brutally honest, the best way to show your dissatisfaction with the game is to reverse charges. Money is the only thing they will notice. You will lose your account, but if your quitting who cares? OFC, writing an 'I quit' post before chargebacks is not very smart.

Posted

Another Shit Thread. Glad the CMs are locking all this meaningless threads.

Posted