• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do I feel like I've been ripped off yet again?

226 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Wow if this how game really is at that level I might as well not spend more money on it. I hate PVP to many imbeciles in games That have no life getting there lolz out make other players life in the game miserable.

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

Cancer seems to want to spread even further through bdo.

Posted

Sorry I don't get "corrected" by foul-mouthed children with delusions of importance, superiority, authority and expertise.

If cutting the bandwidth is not an actual thing why did the supreme court hear a case about cell service providers "Throttling" the bandwidth for heavy users?

Here's how you can tell, or at least how I did.  When the game launched figures in the distance would be black, as you approached them the details would fill in and when you were still a short distance away they would become fully detailed.  Now, with the diminished bandwidth  I can run up to NPCs and run by them and they still remain black.  This illustrates that the game is no longer refreshing detail as quickly as it used too even with a rapidly diminishing player population.

"ill also leave you with this. E3 is 90% lies to hype you and make you pre-order/buy the game before you realize the shit it really is."

That, in a nutshell, is my gripe.  Game companies lie to entice players to buy the game.  That is basically defrauding consumers.  No other industry is allowed to lie to sell their products and game companies must be regulated to make them conform with consumer protection laws.

OR knowing that game companies lie, maybe research and inform yourself before throwing money at an industry that is known to false advertise. 

the reality of the matter is that the gaming industry is not regulated as of this moment. so as a SMART consumer (not you obviously) would do research and/or wait for the release of the game to read user reviews and to see exactly the product that was published.

you just saw a shiny and threw money at them. 

the cutting of bandwidth thats your ISP's problem, not mine, my bandwidth is a steady stream of glorious internets. it's also not DAUM's or PA's problem that you deal with shitty ISPs. 

and if you stopped and listened to what the people are trying to tell you, even if they are fouled mouthed children with delusions. you might actually learn something and be a better person all around. don't dismiss a passionate statement just because it has curse words in it that might offend your sensitive and delicate ears.

Posted

Well I reached level 50 and at that point I feel like I'm in a different game.

grats on 50, and yes the gameplay experience does change quite drastically at 50.

I get ambushed now and with the cutting back of bandwidth from the start of the game the lag basically gives the ambushers the complete advantage.  

There is no time to fight, just get killed.  That wasn't part of the deal.  Getting ambushed while doing quests and being unable to even fight or defend yourself is not PVP.

this is not a problem with the game, its on your end, be it computer issues or network issues. people in my guild are playing on toasters using sad DSL internet connections without any issues so this is in no way the fault of the game or the devs.

I lose stuff out of my inventory when killed.  That was never part of the deal.  Where does it say that happens?

you only loose gems on your armor and trade items that are worth almost nothing. game has consequences for death, deal with, there is no "deal" its the way the game has been for the last two years, your joning the party late and complaining about things that have LONG been in place. should have done your homework on the game before buying it.

The cost of repairing has gone up 1000%, that was never part of the deal.  Where does it say that will happen when you reach level 50?

i only put in around 4 hours a day and easily clear 10,000,000 silver per day, the pennies you are spending on repairing your armor is asswipe money once your making money at 50, again no "deal" the way its been for years, should have done your homework.

I can kill 100 giants and gain only 1.25% but if I get killed I lose at least 1.5%,  again not part of the deal.  Where does it say it gets 10x harder to level after lvl 50?

first of all you should not be killing giants at level 50, you have SEVERAL levels on them of course they are going to give you next to nothing in XP, go to mediah and kill stuff at a higher level. again there is no deal, just the way the game is, its a  KOREAN GAME the whole theme of every mmo they make is GRIND GRIND GRIND, again should have done your homework.

Why is it that every game coming down the pike these days are all money holes with the game producers out to bilk every dime from the players?  

game costs 50 dollars, pretty average for a game these days, items in shop to pricey for you? then dont buy them, there is not a single item on there that is "required."

Why does it feel like we are being scammed by the game companies just to get us playing and then they change the game to just sell stuff?

there have been no significant world moving changes that have been made to this game since it came out, literally every thing you mention was already like that from day one you just don't get exposed to it til higher levels.

Why do they always cut way back on the bandwidth after a month or two and degrade the game play?

this is not a problem with the game, its on your end, be it computer issues or network issues. people in my guild are playing on toasters using sad DLS internet connections without any issues so this is in no way the fault of the game or the devs.

Why do they always start a game with one setup and yet a month or two later have changed the game so much it's not the same game as at the start?

there have been no significant world moving changes that have been made to this game since it came out, literally every thing you mention was already like that from day you just dont get exposed to it til higher levels.

im not sure where you made this magical deal that requires the game to cater to your wants and desires. the game is the way it is, has been so for a long time and any changes coming we can already see by looking at Korea as they are still several months ahead of us and none of these things you complaining about or going away. in the future when you buy your next MMO i might suggest doing a bit of read up on the game because the lowered XP at 50, loosing items on death, getting killed by other players, every single thing you mention on here you could have discovered months before the game came out just by hitting up a few informative youtube videos about the game in Korea.

Posted

According to the sales pitch for the game the only thing that changes after level 50 is you can PVP.  No 1000% increase in repair rate, no huge increase in the amount of experience needed to level,  no ambush attacks that are impossible to defend against.

I'm not sure what sales pitch you saw, but I what I saw was in regards to the beautiful visuals, open world pvp, sandbox mmo, tons of life skills, live action combat, etc. Basically what was on the website. 

A good buyer usually researches what they are wanting to buy so they know what to expect. I knew what to expect when I bought the game. 

Posted

im not sure where you made this magical deal that requires the game to cater to your wants and desires. the game is the way it is, has been so for a long time and any changes coming we can already see by looking at Korea as they are still several months ahead of us and none of these things you complaining about or going away. in the future when you buy your next MMO i might suggest doing a bit of read up on the game because the lowered XP at 50, loosing items on death, getting killed by other players, every single thing you mention on here you could have discovered months before the game came out just by hitting up a few informative youtube videos about the game in Korea.

i can literally find all the info OP mentions by typing 11 words on google

Black Desert Online Death

Black Desert Online PvP

BDO repair costs

Posted

Black Desert Online PvP

BDO repair costs

research, its a thing.

Posted (edited)

Black Desert Online PvP

BDO repair costs

research, its a thing. 

are-u-a-WIZARD0.jpg

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

OR knowing that game companies lie, maybe research and inform yourself before throwing money at an industry that is known to false advertise. 

the reality of the matter is that the gaming industry is not regulated as of this moment. so as a SMART consumer (not you obviously) would do research and/or wait for the release of the game to read user reviews and to see exactly the product that was published.

you just saw a shiny and threw money at them. 

the cutting of bandwidth thats your ISP's problem, not mine, my bandwidth is a steady stream of glorious internets. it's also not DAUM's or PA's problem that you deal with shitty ISPs. 

and if you stopped and listened to what the people are trying to tell you, even if they are fouled mouthed children with delusions. you might actually learn something and be a better person all around. don't dismiss a passionate statement just because it has curse words in it that might offend your sensitive and delicate ears.

I prefer to not waste my time trying to work around a corrupt industries lies.  I prefer to call them to task in a courtroom after they had defrauded me.

I didn't see a shiny and buy it.  I migrated here with several friends for Archeage.  That game company repeated stole property from players by multiple server resets and land rushes that allowed the beta testers to steal all the land with bots so player would lose their houses and everything else they built and have to start over.  That company is under investigation for consumer fraud in California.

My download speed is 65 megs a sec and my upload is 4.5 megs so the problem is not on my end.  The practice of trying to blame customers for game problem is an old, lame ploy.

What am I supposed to learn?  I know all about the game and that most games companies defraud consumers.  See they seem to think they need to "set me straight" about how the game works and fail to grasp that defrauding consumers with deceptive marketing is illegal.  They blindly defend the game mostly because they are entrenched beta testers who use exploits and bots and already have unfair advantage when a game launches.  They are part of the problem.

I don't want then to cater to me.  I want them to deliver a product I purchased in the condition it was sold with no hidden gimmicks to increase the difficulty because they have no content to add.

Posted (edited)

I prefer to not waste my time trying to work around a corrupt industries lies.  I prefer to call them to task in a courtroom after they had defrauded me.

I didn't see a shiny and buy it.  I migrated here with several friends for Archeage.  That game company repeated stole property from players by multiple server resets and land rushes that allowed the beta testers to steal all the land with bots so player would lose their houses and everything else they built and have to start over.  That company is under investigation for consumer fraud in California.

My download speed is 65 megs a sec and my upload is 4.5 megs so the problem is not on my end.  The practice of trying to blame customers for game problem is an old, lame ploy.

What am I supposed to learn?  I know all about the game and that most games companies defraud consumers.  See they seem to think they need to "set me straight" about how the game works and fail to grasp that defrauding consumers with deceptive marketing is illegal.  They blindly defend the game mostly because they are entrenched beta testers who use exploits and bots and already have unfair advantage when a game launches.  They are part of the problem.

I don't want then to cater to me.  I want them to deliver a product I purchased in the condition it was sold with no hidden gimmicks to increase the difficulty because they have no content to add.

that's the most stupid thing ive ever read on these forums, the dota2 and league of legends forums put together. 

company x defrauds its customers, oh let me buy from them... oh shit i got defrauded... let me complain on the forums <--- no shit sherlock

you are reacting to a problem not acting. Acting would be to advertise and publicise their mal practices, vote with your wallet and don't buy from them and try to convince everyone of your cause. to say you prefer to call them to task in a courtroom just sets yourself up for a) failure b) potential unrecoverable loss c)a loophole that their armies of lawyers go through and end up being that there is nothing you can do about it.

why do you think E3 still happens even if we know that all that is a lie?

Edited by SquaZ

Posted

The OP lives in a sad, sad world.

Good luck with that. 

Posted (edited)

Love forums, and the perceived l33t - not a single one of the whining masses has any conception how business or the game industry truly works. Harsh but true - sorry, if they did they'd not be posting.

Want to change things? Get off your arse, push the pizza and 20 L Cola off your lap and go learn for several years , return and enlighten. 

Edited by goldgenie

Posted

Black Desert Online PvP

BDO repair costs

Wow you're my hero.  I hope one day I'm smart enough to use google.  Let me try and say this in the simplest of terms.  If a company sells a product the promotional info cannot be deceptive or misleading.  That said a person should be able to go to the game website and be told the truth and have nothing hidden about the game that would dissuade them from buying it if they knew.  The issue here is deceptive marketing and not game mechanics.  

Now go google "How many lies did BDO tell in their

that's the most stupid thing ive ever read on these forums, the dota2 and league of legends forums put together. 

company x defrauds its customers, oh let me buy from them... oh shit i got defrauded... let me complain on the forums <--- no shit sherlock

you are reacting to a problem not acting. Acting would be to advertise and publicise their mal practices, vote with your wallet and don't buy from them and try to convince everyone of your cause. to say you prefer to call them to task in a courtroom just sets yourself up for a) failure b) potential unrecoverable loss c)a loophole that their armies of lawyers go through and end up being that there is nothing you can do about it.

why do you think E3 still happens even if we know that all that is a lie?

More troll assumptions. First I never knew that BDO was pulling this crap until I reached lvl 50 so your assumption I knew BDO defrauded comsumers when I bought the game is pure delusion on your part.  Second a lawsuit will cost me nothing, I don't even have to pay filing fees.  Third I have no delusions of winning a lawsuit.  I just want the problem with deceptive. lying game vendors brought to the attention of the courts and the public.  I don't know what E3 is,  Is the the next alleged addition of more content?

marketing campaign."

The OP lives in a sad, sad world.

Good luck with that. 

Yet I have a life ourside the game and you don't.  So how pathetic does that make you?

Love forums, and the perceived l33t - not a single one of the whining masses has any conception how business or the game industry truly works. Harsh but true - sorry, if they did they'd not be posting.

Want to change things? Get off your arse, push the pizza and 20 L Cola off your lap and go learn for several years , return and enlighten. 

My aren't we the smug little self-righteous condescending troll.  I've been in business and playing games since before you were born.

Posted

OP is climbing an Erupting Volcano and complaining about how mother earth didn't warn him swimming in lava is bad.

Also I'm gonna sue OP, I though he was a logical, rational living being, but instead is a retarded sloth.

Posted (edited)

Warning Ulcaster is a troll and too immature to understand that discussion is not insults and name calling.  That's trolling.

Cue:

I'm not stupid troll.  Get off your delusions that you have been granted expertise, authority, superiority and importance just because mommy bought you internet so you can waste your meaningless life trying to be a real boy in a game.

[...]

I'm not some puppy with a big head and mouth to match who thinks they know something but doesn't

Yet I have a life ourside the game and you don't.  So how pathetic does that make you?

My aren't we the smug little self-righteous condescending troll.  I've been in business and playing games since before you were born.

Edited by Nargubyte

Posted

Do people not do any sort of research into a game before they buy it? Seriously, none of what your claiming to have been 'promoted' was ever officially promised. The problem is you didn't conduct sufficient research about the game before you purchased it, and now, you're mad that you aren't having a good time.

Posted

Wow you're my hero.  I hope one day I'm smart enough to use google.  Let me try and say this in the simplest of terms.  If a company sells a product the promotional info cannot be deceptive or misleading. <reality check... they are>  That said a person should be able to go to the game website and be told the truth and have nothing hidden about the game that would dissuade them from buying it if they knew. <reality check... They don't> The issue here is deceptive marketing and not game mechanics.  <no, the issue is that you couldn't be bothered to google 11 words and expect to be handed all the information on a silver platter and again, reality check.... they won't!>

Now go google "How many lies did BDO tell in their <ill troll assume and say game?, none, unless you count lies by omission, and unlike the food industry, there are no bylaws in any country that require specifically gaming companies to write down all their features in their marketing campaigns>

More troll assumptions. First I never knew that BDO was pulling this crap until I reached lvl 50 <living under a rock? it's all over the forums... the OFFICIAL FORUMS. let me guess, now you don't want to even have to go in their forums to get more information, they should have all the bad press plastered on their front page.... stupid stupid stupid...>so your assumption I knew BDO defrauded comsumers when I bought the game is pure delusion on your part. <sorry for assuming, i didn't imagine someone would just look at the official page of a product and then throw money at it without researching what he wants to purchase>  Second a lawsuit will cost me nothing, I don't even have to pay filing fees. <why have you not sued them yet then? lots of bark and no bite. I can't sue a korean gaming company for free so i do the next best thing, protect myself>  Third I have no delusions of winning a lawsuit.  I just want the problem with deceptive. lying game vendors brought to the attention of the courts and the public.  I don't know what E3 is,<hahahaha ok now you are just trolling me. E3 is the biggest gaming convention in the world also its going on until the 16th of this month.>  Is the the next alleged addition of more content? <not knowing what E3 just explained sooooo much about your ignorance of the gaming industry and how they do things>

marketing campaign."

Yet I have a life ourside the game and you don't.  So how pathetic does that make you? <hypocrite much? assuming he doesn't have a life outside the game?>

<then you should know about E3>

Posted (edited)

I was killed three times and every time I lost a weapons stone.

smells of troll... 

Edited by iller

Posted

OP is climbing an Erupting Volcano and complaining about how mother earth didn't warn him swimming in lava is bad.

Also I'm gonna sue OP, I though he was a logical, rational living being, but instead is a retarded sloth.

And you're just another game troll in need of a ban.

Posted

And you're just another game troll in need of a ban.

What about banning you for inability to gather infos on your own.....?

Posted

Do people not do any sort of research into a game before they buy it? Seriously, none of what your claiming to have been 'promoted' was ever officially promised. The problem is you didn't conduct sufficient research about the game before you purchased it, and now, you're mad that you aren't having a good time.

Seriously only hard-core gamers do.  Casual players see an ad online and go to the website.  If the game looks good they buy it.  Consumers should not have to research a game to see if the promo is lies, deceptive or misleading.  That's why we have consumer fraud laws and truth in advertising regulation with from the Federal Trade Commission.  Only the gaming industry gets away with this shit and that's gonna end soon.  Nothing from BDO says anything in the game changes when you reach lvl 50 except that you can PVP.  Clearly that is not the case.

Posted

Nothing from BDO says anything in the game changes when you reach lvl 50 except that you can PVP. 

No, not even that, PvP starts at lvl 45. ^^

Posted

So this is my first real forum post on any sort of game related forum but hopefully this thread becomes a place where many can vent their frustrations (even if it falls on deaf ears :( ) 

Ever since I played the Beta I was really excited to play this game.  Everything about it looked amazing.  I really liked its in-depth and complex combat system (atleast compared to other MMOs). The game has amazing visual appeal and the outlook for the future of the game seemed so cool with node wars, castle sieges, dynamic class awakenings, and so much more.  That being said I find myself now quitting the game.  I know there are a multitude of issues that A LOT of players have with this game so far but here are the two that really tipped the cake for me.  First is the issue of dsync (the dead horse).  I know that it has been said time and time again but to have such a game-breaking mechanic be an issue for so long without directly addressing it is just unacceptable.  When certain classes are so reliant on CC to do their damage i.e. Berserker (the class i chose) and this issue far more often than not causes those classes that are CC reliant to be unable to properly chain combos together is incredibly frustrating.  However it is not as frustrating as the seemingly lack of attention to this issue displayed by the developers.  I wont go too deep into that problem because countless people have spoken on it but it is something that strikes close to home.  Secondly is the lack of content.  There simply just is not much to do other than grind for better gear/xp and duel in the arena.  With node wars and castle sieges still not in the game there isnt really much to do.  Without there being other things to do, the only way that one can stay relevant, is to continuously grind to keep up in levels, and to pray to RNGesus in the upgrading of accessories.  Yes there are world bosses that can be killed but the looting system on those favors those that are already geared (which is another issue in and of itself.)   This game has rapidly become more of just a chore than something that is enjoyable.  I'm sorry that this became sort of a rant but I know that there are many people out there who feel similarly to myself as I notice none of the channels on my server are ever crowded during prime-time.  I would be interested to hear some of the other issues that people have with this game so far.  Maybe, just maybe, the powers at be will take notice of this thread and address some of the issues that get brought up in it.  

This game is just grindfest whit nice graphic every actIvity outside the grind is just useless "craft /trade/fishing" this new kind of games offer full drops make the craft of equipment useless , ther's a reason if ppls still playng old games. In my case i had go back to play POE, realy cant find a reason to stay at the moment .Yes maybe i can try craft some pri-duo accessory but seriously Rng is not an option .

Posted

power of a bacon sandwich

Posted

Ha ha as if I'd waste my time trying to prove something because a game troll demands it.  I've been playing online games since before html.  I've seen that lag spike happen in dozens of games.  I've probably been playing online games before you were born.  I remember Arpanet and when the TCP and IP protocols were established.

I'm not some puppy with a big head and mouth to match who thinks they know something but doesn't

You're acting like just another forum troll yourself.  Make claim, don't support it, boast about yourself, make claim about me.

All I asked for was proof, and this is how you reacted.  Check yourself, I don't care how old you are.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0