• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

RNG too brutal for game to ever be popular

261 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This games RNG is simply too brutal and punishing for this game to ever be able to attract and keep lots of players.

I was trying to PRI witches ears. Got 25 fail stacks before I started trying to PRI. I ended up destroying the 6 witches ears I had then proceeded to destroy 8 red coral rings before I finally got a pri red coral on the 9th and 10th ring. I went from 25 fail stacks to 32 on just trying to PRI accessories. I am not an extremely active player or someone with lots of silver so this set me back big time. 

I am currently 2/13 on PRI tries while having at least 25 fail stacks. My friend is 7/8 and even got a couple duos. So due entirely to RNG he is now months ahead of me and much much more powerful than I am. Is it because he played more or is better? Nope it is entirely due to luck. So needless to say I am essentially done with the game. I lvl horses now and that's it. I simply can not play a game that is so unfair and punishing. Two people doing exactly the same thing could end up miles apart on progression. That's f'ed up

Edited by WVUTrip
48 people like this

Posted

While I agree about painful RNG, I've been told you shouldn't even start trying to pri witch's till 35.

But yeah, everyone is so convinced that spending time is how you gear up in BDO when really it's got a lot more to do with luck.

You can grind your face off 300 hours trying to hit 300 stats whereas someone else might do it in a handful of hours because they got lucky.

1 person likes this

Posted

While I agree about painful RNG, I've been told you shouldn't even start trying to pri witch's till 35.

But yeah, everyone is so convinced that spending time is how you gear up in BDO when really it's got a lot more to do with luck.

You can grind your face off 300 hours trying to hit 300 stats whereas someone else might do it in a handful of hours because they got lucky.

I've always heard 25 fs was max for PRI. My buddy always does his on 25 and is 7/8 so I dunno.

Posted

I only managed to ever see 2 in my loot and I blew them away on 30 failstacks. I am trying to farm more now but you know what, if I ever get them I will sell them and buy that PRI right off the market. If I see any and dont quit before that.

1 person likes this

Posted

25 FS is max for PRI Witches. No point going over that at all.

2 people like this

Posted

I only managed to ever see 2 in my loot and I blew them away on 30 failstacks. I am trying to farm more now but you know what, if I ever get them I will sell them and buy that PRI right off the market. If I see any and dont quit before that.

Yup, I will never ever try to PRI accessories again in game if I ever get back to actively playing. Problem is I've heard many people say this. So people are literally refusing to try and progress because of how punishing the game progression system is. This is a HUGE problem for BDO. If people refuse to progress because of terrible system then they ultimately end up quitting the game. It's inevitable.

2 people like this

Posted

25 FS is max for PRI Witches. No point going over that at all.

No its not, but love that this piece of information is still used as truth. Lol. The place it comes from is numbers pulled from enchanting a green weapon to 16... completely made up and people call it fact.

2 people like this

Posted

Yea, the jewelry upgrading is extremely frustrating. I've been +15 ultimate everything for the last month, and still have shitty base jewelry. I've blown up 4 witches and 2 MoS (so just 3 pri attempts), which isn't nearly as bad as others' experience, but it's enough to not make me do it ever again. So i'm just gonna keep stacking silver and buy other people's luck. Too bad the incentive to sell a tri is really low when the seller loses 35%

Posted

You're a breath of fresh air Kat, don't quit!

1 person likes this

Posted

No its not, but love that this piece of information is still used as truth. Lol. The place it comes from is numbers pulled from enchanting a green weapon to 16... completely made up and people call it fact.

Do you have the real numbers then? The only thing I've ever seen is 25 is max. So if you know different then please share with us how you know. 

Posted

I've always heard 25 fs was max for PRI. My buddy always does his on 25 and is 7/8 so I dunno.

Correct, you got really unlucky.

I Pri'd my early accessories without fail at 25 stacks. 2 Witches, 2 Marks and belt of schultz gladiator. Duo'd gladiator belt at 35. I didn't fail any of them. Got all pri's first.

Posted

You're a breath of fresh air Kat, don't quit!

Oh wow thank you, that is maybe the nicest thing I heard lately :) I wont quit just yet but I have to admit I am frustrated with horses unfair RNG more than anything.

5 people like this

Posted

Do you have the real numbers then? The only thing I've ever seen is 25 is max. So if you know different then please share with us how you know. 

No one has the real numbers, for some reason this tends to be the response from people when someone points out the 25 FS number is entirely made up, as if that is somehow a defense of it....

The weapon numbers were data mined and the guy who made that image/spreadsheet everyone likes to post around used those numbers for accessories and even outright stated it was entirely made up/pulled out of thin air... yet as I said... its completely made up. Its why every idiot who tries to pri an ogre ring at 25 tends to fail. 

And in before someone tells me in their experience 25 always works. Thats not how probability works.

2 people like this

Posted

It is. Simple as that. KR's did the research for us. If I can be bothered to look it up for you I'll link it here.

Posted

Correct, you got really unlucky.
I Pri'd my early accessories without fail at 25 stacks. 2 Witches, 2 Marks and belt of schultz gladiator. Duo'd gladiator belt at 35. I didn't fail any of them. Got all pri's first.

Yup, that's the issue. It's upsetting enough for you to keep destroying rare loot due to bad luck. But when you see others progressing way ahead of you and becoming way more powerful because they are luckier than you, it basically gives you the since of no hope and makes you quit. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yup, that's the issue. It's upsetting enough for you to keep destroying rare loot due to bad luck. But when you see others progressing way ahead of you and becoming way more powerful because they are luckier than you, it basically gives you the since of no hope and makes you quit. 

Correct, I said from the start the accessory system is aids.

1 person likes this

Posted

There aren't "real numbers" because it's never been given by PA and has always been based on community findings.

I've had more than a dozen people with full duo and tri accessories tell me 35 for pri, 45-50 for duo to have a decent chance at blue accessories. I mean you can start at 25 but I've heard of people getting from +10-+15 without a single fail or fail stack and someone yolo'ed a MoS at 5 fs because they were angry at failing and got a pri.

Posted

This, so much. And it is always the same people being "lucky" so I really wonder if it really is luck or something else....

Posted (edited)

It is. Simple as that. KR's did the research for us. If I can be bothered to look it up for you I'll link it here.

Sigh, please bother. You'll notice the original page that posted that info/screenshot has an asterisk that says exactly what I said before. You're just vomiting/repeating information you saw somewhere claimed to be real without any source. People like to post the imgur of it, but not the actual original website. 

Notice how in this image for a green weapon enchanting (this is the culprit to all those numbers) how the +16-20 max failstacks corresponds exactly to your supposed "max fail stacks" for enchants.... curious.... and thats because the numbers were pulled directly from this data for how accessories succeed.

http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_03_2016/bdo_fail_stacks.png.d2280d49a9556270326fcd3566355f27.png

The reason your logic entirely falls apart is as we all know the difficulty of enchanting the item varies depending on its rarity. A green accessory max enchant is not 25. Not close. A green accessory is essentially near 100% by fail stack 5 or so while for blue its entirely different. And that is where your logic completely falls apart. But go ahead, keep telling me the same B.S. people puppet out every day on these forums with no actual real sources/information.

Edited by Huntler
2 people like this

Posted

Sigh, please bother. You'll notice the original page that posted that info/screenshot has an asterisk that says exactly what I said before. You're just vomiting information you saw somewhere claimed to be real. 

Ok, let's say you are correct. That just makes the whole system even more frustrating and off putting. 

Posted

Ok, let's say you are correct. That just makes the whole system even more frustrating and off putting. 

It's the hidden stats that are the issue to be honest. Koreans have this weird twisted idea that people enjoy that.

Look at the -----ing RNG stats. Even the korean players were pissed off at how retarded the concept was. Just show the percentage chance to fail, and show how much each fail stack will increase that chance.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yup, read my previous edit. That should hopefully be enough for you to understand. Most people who think accessories are a simple X Y Z max FS per pri, duo, tri, etc... their logic falls apart when you point out the differences in enchant difficulty between color of accessory.

Edited by Huntler

Posted

How is it unfair? You and your friend work with the same rng you had the same chances it just didn't work out. This is what rng is about it is also not biased(if it is random) and because of this can not be unfair. Stop whining. 

Posted (edited)

Or maybe it's just rng... My brothers swears you get punished by over stacking so he does all pris at 16-19, duos at 25-28 .. he got his tri mark at 26 stacks..he has all duos and 1 tri now....

Also Orca made his tri Ogre at i think 23 31 and 38 stacks? i believe

Edited by Dutchpower

Posted

How is it unfair? You and your friend work with the same rng you had the same chances it just didn't work out. This is what rng is about it is also not biased(if it is random) and because of this can not be unfair. Stop whining. 

Because it's a game played for fun where we have to invest spare time in our lives into it. My time spent in game hasn't been nearly as rewarding as my friends due entirely to luck. I'm not asking for us to been exactly the same in progression, but for him to be extremely more powerful and progressed than me is unreasonable. 

Basically I feel my time has been wasted so I no longer want to waste my time and have essentially quit the game 

4 people like this