• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

EURO 2016 Events

133 posts in this topic

Posted

Need an American flag especially since they made it to semifinals.

2 people like this

Posted

I do not see the USA flag on the list ???? what sell a game to us and we can't support our countries TEAM >>>>

its eu football / soccer ?:D  i dont know to much of it BUt WAY TO GO HUNGARY FLAG :D 

Posted

The game is called Football, not "soccer".

The whole world calls it football, except Americ*nts.

They say "football" when refering to a game where they run around with an egg-shaped object in their hands: "American football" ( also known as Handegg )

:D:D 

Posted

Not again 1 lp

1 LP for skill resets (which are restricted per day), and the dye package (one-time). I'm guessing you can burn through the 24 points (left over from the St. Paddy's day event) to bring it down to the appropriate number by the time the event ends (as the skill resets are limited per day, not 1-time only, IIRC).

Posted

"The word "soccer" is actually British. It derives from the game's proper name, association football, with the "soc" bit taken from the word "association" .

The reason it came into popular usage was simple: in the 19th century, football and rugby were both commonly known as football, the former dubbed "association football" and the latter "rugby football". But both phrases are a bit of a mouthful, however, so they were popularly shortened to "soccer" and "rugger" to keep things simple."

For more information you can always seek out google.

But for now.

LOLBOTS.gif

Yes, but do you realize this is EURO event?

In EUROPE, we call it FOOTBALL.

In fact, i have never heard anyone call it 'Soccer' except Americans...

So, the whole of Europe should call it 'Soccer' just because America&Google say we should? No, i don't think so.

The fact that you even expect us to use the term 'Soccer' as a European is somewhat offensive imo...

We don't try to enforce the wording of 'Crisps' onto you when you call them 'Chips', do we? No, we do not. Let us have our 'Football' instead of this 'Soccer' bs.

Posted

2. Soccer Fan Package

It's called football. Learn english pls. 

4 people like this

Posted

I'm liking this event and especially when we can represent our countries, however please include more things to do in the next event Daum.

Posted

Yes, but do you realize this is EURO event?

In EUROPE, we call it FOOTBALL.

In fact, i have never heard anyone call it 'Soccer' except Americans...

So, the whole of Europe should call it 'Soccer' just because America&Google say we should? No, i don't think so.

The fact that you even expect us to use the term 'Soccer' as a European is somewhat offensive imo...

We don't try to enforce the wording of 'Crisps' onto you when you call them 'Chips', do we? No, we do not. Let us have our 'Football' instead of this 'Soccer' bs.

The americans call football football, because the ball is 1 foot long. Which in my opinion makes perfect sense.

And as someone else already pointed out, soccer is derived from associative soccer so that makes sense as well.

Just my opinion :)

Posted

The americans call football football, because the ball is 1 foot long. Which in my opinion makes perfect sense.

And as someone else already pointed out, soccer is derived from associative soccer so that makes sense as well.

Just my opinion :)

lmfao...

Football: you use your FOOT to kick a BALL.

Oh i really cannot wait until they hold some event for the American Football games... i hope to god a European CM names it 'Rugby'. Then you will understand.

Posted

Why the ----- you name it everywhere 'soccer' but in game you use the right word 'football'?

Posted

The term "soccer" came from Britain a long time ago I think. Don't blame us Americants :(

Posted

lmfao...

Oh i really cannot wait until they hold some event for the American Football games... i hope to god a European CM names it 'Rugby'. Then you will understand.

Not a big deal really since american football is directly descended from rugby football.  Anyone who knows the history of the 3 sports will probably not get worked up about it.  I have played and follow all 3 without descending into madness and getting all worked up into a froth of rage at naming conventions.

Posted

Please tell me the footballs aren't going to be as hard to get as the rum.

Posted

Time to place a bunch of croatia flags next to my pirate flags. This is awesome!

1 person likes this

Posted

If we could get flags from the countries in Copa america I'd be happy. I want a mexican flag but i guess i'll stick with my irish side of the family if not

Posted

The proper terms are Association Football, Rugby Football and American Football.

Soccer is unique in that it is the only sport with flopping and crying.

2 people like this

Posted

Free Black Dye? Well...that's pretty cool :D

Posted

If people could just accept that different places call things by different names that'd be great. Doesn't mean one is wrong or right it just means language evolves differently when separated by hundreds of kilometers.

Original slang-term used in britain was soccer which remained in America due to the colonisation, American football evolved from Rugby football which was a variation of association football played in rugby, where you could use your hands. As it moved to america and changed over the years the "rugby" part was dropped as it diverged from the original sport.

3 people like this

Posted

Awesome idea !!! We love events :D

Posted (edited)

lmfao...

I hope they name it HANDEGG

Edited by il-JumperMTM
1 person likes this

Posted

The game is called Football, not "soccer".

The whole world calls it football, except Americ*nts.

They say "football" when refering to a game where they run around with an egg-shaped object in their hands: "American football" ( also known as Handegg )

It's not egg shaped you -----ing moron. 

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Tytyes - I have a non-event related question :)  

The fonts shown in the screenshots of your tooltips... are they useable by players in any way? 

Posted

Die deutsche Fahne is exactly what I need in my house. Vielen Dank!

Posted

Why no North or South American Team flags? 

2 people like this

Posted

HRVATSKA !!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to place a bunch of croatia flags next to my pirate flags. This is awesome!

I am out of Likes but + 1000