• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

EURO 2016 Events

133 posts in this topic

Posted

Why no North or South American Team flags? 

Because it's a EURO 2016 event.

2 people like this

Posted

No australian flag. K thanks daum for not caring once more.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was hoping for soccer outfit in the CS

Posted

economic-traits-of-broilers-and-layers-2

Well hes not wrong.

Posted

Because it's a EURO 2016 event.

then why is the event being pushed to the US and not only EuRo servers. 

2 people like this

Posted

then why is the event being pushed to the US and not only EuRo servers. 

Well that I have no idea.

They could have done a Copa America for US server instead, I mean logically that is what I would have done, but whatever lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope they name it HANDEGG

Soccer should be renamed HEADASS

Posted (edited)

Yes, but do you realize this is EURO event?

In EUROPE, we call it FOOTBALL.

In fact, i have never heard anyone call it 'Soccer' except Americans...

So, the whole of Europe should call it 'Soccer' just because America&Google say we should? No, i don't think so.

The fact that you even expect us to use the term 'Soccer' as a European is somewhat offensive imo...

We don't try to enforce the wording of 'Crisps' onto you when you call them 'Chips', do we? No, we do not. Let us have our 'Football' instead of this 'Soccer' bs.

Nothing in my post said you should call it soccer, call it what you want.

There was also no mention of crisps or chips, so that argument is irrelevant.

Please read posts more carefully before typing out of anger

Edited by Manaspurt

Posted

Nothing in my post said you should call it soccer, call it what you want.

There was also no mention of crisps or chips, so that argument is irrelevant.

Please read posts more carefully before typing out of anger

It was an example... jeez.

Posted (edited)

really cool, would have been ever cool if we could actually play soccer ingame. but this is really cool otherwise!

and 

Edited by EXPLOSION_MAGE

Posted

No one told you to call it soccer.  Some people just like being snobs about it.  

Association Football has been called soccer in England too.  The term just isn't used as much anymore.

For example, one of the great Man United manager Matt Busby's autobiography, Soccer At The Top :  My Life in Football

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiQ8ou_t7DNAhWJ7iYKHYvTAeoQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FSoccer-top-football-Matt-BUSBY%2Fdp%2F0722120966&psig=AFQjCNFclfgFfxHkVYIT1Hn0TNReZFwPjQ&ust=1466300040736992

Or how about George Best's "Soccer Football Annual" : 

41166.jpg

I could go on but its not worth the effort.

1 person likes this

Posted

Again with the 1lp... the hell am i supposed to do with the other 99lp? Or 49lp if i waste lp on some fishing rod... or 24lp if I use it to buy carrots?

1 person likes this

Posted

No australian flag. K thanks daum for not caring once more.

Didn't realize we were in the UFEA Euro league... mind letting me know what day we are playing?

Posted

That trophy going to look very shiny in my house for sure.

Posted

Guys, rly?,...thx for implementing a "blue" football,...so the drop chances for "most-wanted blue gear" like MoS, Ancient Seal, etc. a totally broken now!,..thumbs up!

Posted

Soccer is an outdated alternative British term for football, Americans need to update their dictionary.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Great, now I have one of the things I hate the most (that sport with 22 millionaires chasing a ball and diving the grass -----ing like -----es) and BDO ( <3 ) which I love !. SUPER!

Edited by Neckrend

Posted

Anyone managed to get any of the rewards yet? If so post screens!

Posted

If you could add the flags of those EURO teams that did NOT qualify that would be great thanks :P

Like i need my Scottish flag if you think i'm adding an English, Welsh or god forbid a red hand of ulster to my wall your mistaken ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

No Belgian flag?

The flags are for teams that actually showed up for the Euros.

The game is called Football, not "soccer".

The whole world calls it football, except Americ*nts.

They say "football" when refering to a game where they run around with an egg-shaped object in their hands: "American football" ( also known as Handegg )

Not actually true. Canada calls it soccer also.  In Australia, New Zealand and Ireland soccer is used as a nickname for football as well. Then there is the fact that the term soccer originated in England.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, but do you realize this is EURO event?

In EUROPE, we call it FOOTBALL.

In fact, i have never heard anyone call it 'Soccer' except Americans...

So, the whole of Europe should call it 'Soccer' just because America&Google say we should? No, i don't think so.

The fact that you even expect us to use the term 'Soccer' as a European is somewhat offensive imo...

We don't try to enforce the wording of 'Crisps' onto you when you call them 'Chips', do we? No, we do not. Let us have our 'Football' instead of this 'Soccer' bs.

I do not believe this individual was expecting Europeans to start calling "football" by the term of "soccer".  I do believe he was merely pointing out that the term was not originally an American term in response to the original poster's derogatory comment about Americans in general. I do not believe that anyone expects anyone else to change what they call something specifically because it is called something else completely different in their own country.

Soccer is an outdated alternative British term for football, Americans need to update their dictionary.

Asking an American to update their dictionary is the same as an American asking you to update your dictionary.  Acceptance that everyone has their own terminology in use is all that you can ask for.

2 people like this

Posted

The game is called Football, not "soccer".

The whole world calls it football, except Americ*nts.

They say "football" when refering to a game where they run around with an egg-shaped object in their hands: "American football" ( also known as Handegg )

You do realize the term Soccer came from England, NOT AMERICA. You pretentious -----.

Posted

No French flag ?!?!

Posted

The americans call football football, because the ball is 1 foot long. Which in my opinion makes perfect sense.

And as someone else already pointed out, soccer is derived from associative soccer so that makes sense as well.

Just my opinion :)

LOL is that why? I always thought it was dumb that they called it football when 90% of the time they use their hands, but I guess that makes sense now.

Greetings adventurers !

Football is a big event here in Europe, and we thought we should share this passion with all of you.

Here are the 2 events we've prepared.

1. Lost Toys

• Start: June 17th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)
  • End: July 13th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

The "Heidel Soccer Team" needs help, those kids are trying to build their new team but unfortunately lost all their soccer balls, and you can't train without it, right ? They will be waiting for you North of Heidel by the Soccer Field... I mean the arena.

OrA6xim.jpg

Each one of them is willing to trade some items in exchange for more "Foot ball". Unfortunately monsters seems to have found an interest in this sport as well, better be ready to slaughter them if you want to help those poor kids get their foot balls back.

puuFYyK.png

Event rewards

• 10 balls = Golden Trophy (Housing item, buff : AP/DP +5)

1HhezAX.png

• 20 balls = Country Flag (Flag from any of the participating country to chose. Housing item)

0ro8za0.png

2. Soccer Fan Package

• Start: June 17th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)
  • End: July 13th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

It's time to get dressed up and cheer for your favorite team. To do so for only 1 Loyalty point you will get a 1 time only "Fan Support Package" in game. A box with a color package of 7 differents colors. (Black, White, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange) With this, you'll be able to support your favorite team no matter which one it is.

sUGxqBK.png

See you in game ! (Or at the game. ;) )

How do i represent my team with only one color?, come on guys srsly.

Posted (edited)

lmfao...

Football: you use your FOOT to kick a BALL.

Oh i really cannot wait until they hold some event for the American Football games... i hope to god a European CM names it 'Rugby'. Then you will understand.

I have some chill pills.  Would you like one?

On another note, since this is for UEFA, I suppose I have to grab me a Spanish flag to support my fiance's family's team. ;)

Edited by Kyrielle_Atrinati