• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is blade and soul and black desert controls the same?

62 posts in this topic

Posted

I read somewhere they had the same controls. I want to get used to the controls before bdo comes out. 

Posted

No they don't play the same. Not sure why people keep saying that. I guess "action" makes them the same but that isn't how I view it. Some say BDO is similar to C9, they have some overlap in developers. I never played C9 enough to be able to compare though.

2 people like this

Posted

Blade and Soul has a typical layout. You use 1-4 and Z X C V etc etc. (I don't remember the exact buttons).  Black Desert uses key combos. Like S+Left click, Shift + S + Left click, A + D, W + A + Right click  (also, don't remember exact combos, only played the beta so far). I find BDO's layout way more interesting and rewarding. I have to practice my key combos with BDO where as BS I just hit a button.

2 people like this

Posted

No they don't play the same. Not sure why people keep saying that. I guess "action" makes them the same but that isn't how I view it. Some say BDO is similar to C9, they have some overlap in developers. I never played C9 enough to be able to compare though.

So, 2h greatsword warrior and C9 berserker are probably like, my biggest turn on. I'll PM you a video I have about C9. I would post it but that would give away to the forums my real identity D:
I am a wanted man.

But yeah C9 is pretty cool.

WASD / HOTAS all day.

Posted (edited)

Blade and Soul has a typical layout. You use 1-4 and Z X C V etc etc. (I don't remember the exact buttons).  Black Desert uses key combos. Like S+Left click, Shift + S + Left click, A + D, W + A + Right click  (also, don't remember exact combos, only played the beta so far). I find BDO's layout way more interesting and rewarding. I have to practice my key combos with BDO where as BS I just hit a button.

And this is why BDO grabs me: no reliance on a big 1-9 and/or F1-F12 skill bar to execute your abilities. Just well-timed combos, positioning, and mind games at the highest tiers of skill.

Edited by Geneaux

Posted (edited)

B&S is closer to a 3-Dimensional beat-em-up. BDO is closer to an actual Action game.

Edited by Katsuragi
7 people like this

Posted

B&S is closer to a 3-Dimensional beat-em-up. BDO is closer to an actual Action game.

Both factual and condescending savagery.

War Approves.

Posted

BDO is a button-combo action based game in that different combinations of buttons will produce different skills (similar to classic fighting games)

B&S is a hotkey/contextual action game in that a single button can produce different effects depending on the context of it's use.

I think BDO's system is far more intuitive and fun to play

1 person likes this

Posted

They are far from being the same. :S

BDO: Aiming, dodging, no reliance on hotbar, skills activated by keyboard directional keys and other keys with mouse clicks.

B&S: Tab-target-aiming hybrid, no dodging (except for skills with long cd), very high reliance on hotbar, skills are locked in the hotbar and rotate depending on the situation, you have no real control on the latter.

BDO's combat is way more fun, intuitive and superior in my opinion, but some people prefer B&S because it feels like traditional "memorize your rotations" style.

PS: Yes I hate B&S's combat and I'm biased. :D

4 people like this

Posted

b&s is tab targeting game 

so 2010 

1 person likes this

Posted

I read somewhere they had the same controls. I want to get used to the controls before bdo comes out. 

This game is more vindictus then blade and soul.

3 people like this

Posted

WHYYY DOOO PEOPLEEEE COMPAREEEE GAMEEEESSSSS THAT ARE NOT EVEN DONE BY THE SAME DEVELOEPRS Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q.

They don't even use teh SAME SYNTAX NAMING CONVENTIONS.

STOP.

Stop Q_Q.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not even close.

1 person likes this

Posted

WHYYY DOOO PEOPLEEEE COMPAREEEE GAMEEEESSSSS THAT ARE NOT EVEN DONE BY THE SAME DEVELOEPRS Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q.

They don't even use teh SAME SYNTAX NAMING CONVENTIONS.

STOP.

Stop Q_Q.

"Guys, is Hello Kitty Online like driving a moped?"

Posted

"Guys, is Hello Kitty Online like driving a moped?"

kill me

Posted

This game is more vindictus then blade and soul.

this. its not exactly the same but they are fairly close. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not that much like vindictus...though closer then BnS

BnS is assisted targeted hotkey command input (aka skill "button")

vindictus is command input non target

BDO is chain combo command input environment target

BDO is in essence a arcade fighter wrapped in a MMO, both good and bad, because lag can play a huge role when you're in a chain combo system (basically buffering commands)

Posted

BnS has its shortcuts, BDO uses combos and a little action bar for potions + food + some spells + misc stuff. They don't have anything in common.

Posted

Aside from the similarity(but not actually the same) in combat(both use combo system) they are 2 vastly different MMO.

Play B&S to get used to the combo system then quit it and wait for BDO :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Aside from the similarity(but not actually the same) in combat(both use combo system) they are 2 vastly different MMO.

Play B&S to get used to the combo system then quit it and wait for BDO :P

While getting used to ARPG can be useful for point and click mouse newbies....BnS is much different and in some cases the better combat system then BDO.

The main problem here, is BnS is trained in classic ActionMMO style of  charge/discharge rationing, aka Chi. BnS trains people to manage a precise flow of combat based on +/-

This is almost totally different then BDO that goes back to potions and items. BDO reflects a non ARPG ideal of inventory upkeep and burst/bust playstyle.

Drinking on BnS koolaid is very very bad when you pick up BDO assuming you're already master ARPG basics. Some might even perfer BnS style of self-sustaining combat.

BnS is like a rhythm mentality. BDO is a rush mentality.

Posted

BnS combo: 1 4 RMB RMB RMB RMB RMB RMB RMB 5

BDO combo: <LMB F A Space> turn mouse 90 degrees <LMB MMB> reverse mouse turn <LMB MMB Q AAAAAA> <Space> <Unlock MMB LMB> turn mouse 90 degrees <F AA Space>

Posted

Confirmed, Walpurga always dodges to his/her left.

2 people like this

Posted

Confirmed, Walpurga always dodges to his/her left.

Then we already know how to kill him! EVERYONE MOVE TO HIS LEFT!

Posted (edited)

BDO is in essence a arcade fighter wrapped in a MMO, both good and bad, because lag can play a huge role when you're in a chain combo system (basically buffering commands)

It's exactly the opposite. BnS plays like an arcade fighter with freedom of exploration. BDO plays more like your average action/adventure game.

Speaking of which, back to Bayonetta I go.

Edited by Katsuragi
the dyslexia is real today