• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is blade and soul and black desert controls the same?

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, BnS skill system according to the situation is absolutely awesome and very well made. Like the CC / escape ( with timer so its not spamable ) balance is also well made. It turn fight to something tactic( even in pve ). And you can respect everytime you want to change the skill effect, and no need to use the cash shop for that. so there isnt "fixed build"  ( that's a part i dont like AT ALL in BDO )

In BDO :

***pvp : from somes video i saw, its - dodge all around h24 ( which is imho is dumb as fk ) when trying to spam your combo + the fight are just not legible AT ALL.  unlike BnS where you have a very good visual over the various skills / CC effect.

*** pve, from what i experienced during my short gameplay time in the RU version, its just skill spam, not much real good readability when mod attack, so it turn pve just as skill spam ( unlike BnS when you ALWAYS have a clear readability of mob attack animation )

After, i just tried BDO on the RU server during a little week, so i didnt experienced that game enough to discover all subtlety.

From what i experienced, for now, i think, beside how you perform your skills  BnS fight >>>>>>>>> BDO fight ( with the old mabinogi game, so not vindictus, BnS offer the best fight system i ever played with )

But i dont say BDO fight is bad, not at all, this game offer a very modern approach of fight system, and its just awesome, but just comparing to BnS i think its inferior ( in readability - tactic )

Also, note that the fight system alone isnt enough to make a great game. I mean even if i absolutely love BnS fight, i will stop it right away when BDO is out ( because there is a SHIT TONS of things that BDO offer that other mmo, so like BnS will never do )

B&S combat better than BDO? Because of tab targeting, the player's focus can always be in a small radius around the target. So it's still faceroll 1-9 on your hotbar as long as you have your target chosen.'BDO requires a much larger area of focus since no autotarget and much larger degree of mobility. So if you prefer choosing a target and pressing number keys as the cooldown expires, then sure B&S is for you, but in terms of action combat, it is still just another GW2/WoW copycat.

Posted (edited)

B&S combat better than BDO? Because of tab targeting, the player's focus can always be in a small radius around the target. So it's still faceroll 1-9 on your hotbar as long as you have your target chosen.'BDO requires a much larger area of focus since no autotarget and much larger degree of mobility. So if you prefer choosing a target and pressing number keys as the cooldown expires, then sure B&S is for you, but in terms of action combat, it is still just another GW2/WoW copycat.

Look like you barely read what i wrote.

You look only obsess over the targeting system, so you are apparently not able to understand many things, so i wont spend more time trying to explain you.

Anyway. Whatever man.

That wont prevent what i think, and dont prevent to clearly drop BnS the sec BDO is out.

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

BnS has the better combat system due to refinement, again from it's esport counter part, that gave it a lot of feedback and resources to make it good.

It has nothing to do with theory, it's simply developer's hard work. It really excels in 1v1 combat. or otherwise known as small scale combat.

BDO is relatively newer and is more "loose" is the word here. It does not have the chess game like feel and definitely lacks the showmanship feel.

BnS

1. 1v1 refinement, depth and balance (The visceral action in 1v1 of BnS is very good, the chess moves, the reactions, the understanding, the high ceiling of perfection)
  2. Well controlled showmenship (you see what's on the screen, appreciate the skills, follow the chess moves unfolding)
  3. Logical rules of engagement ( It's easy to understand the fightning system, things make sense, and tight controls that allow skills and playstyles to flourish)

BDO

1. Does a lot better at GvG
  2. Scale of combat is very good in terms of battle system
  3. Controls are integrated well and flows dynamically during combat
  4. Many optional/eccentric modes, from horse, to weapons, to pets

Again BDO's biggest weakness is BnS's greatest strength. I have to pull the esports card on this one, since you can truely see why BnS is the way it is, once you see 1v1 turniements duke it out. Things...make sense

Edited by Kuu
1 person likes this

Posted

Well, BnS skill system according to the situation is absolutely awesome and very well made. Like the CC / escape ( with timer so its not spamable ) balance is also well made. It turn fight to something tactic( even in pve ). And you can respect everytime you want to change the skill effect, and no need to use the cash shop for that. so there isnt "fixed build"  ( that's a part i dont like AT ALL in BDO )

In BDO :

***pvp : from somes video i saw, its - dodge all around h24 ( which is imho is dumb as fk ) when trying to spam your combo + the fight are just not legible AT ALL.  unlike BnS where you have a very good visual over the various skills / CC effect.

*** pve, from what i experienced during my short gameplay time in the RU version, its just skill spam, not much real good readability when mod attack, so it turn pve just as skill spam ( unlike BnS when you ALWAYS have a clear readability of mob attack animation )

After, i just tried BDO on the RU server during a little week, so i didnt experienced that game enough to discover all subtlety.

From what i experienced, for now, i think, beside how you perform your skills  BnS fight >>>>>>>>> BDO fight ( with the old mabinogi game, so not vindictus, BnS offer the best fight system i ever played with )

But i dont say BDO fight is bad, not at all, this game offer a very modern approach of fight system, and its just awesome, but just comparing to BnS i think its inferior ( in readability - tactic )

Also, note that the fight system alone isnt enough to make a great game. I mean even if i absolutely love BnS fight, i will stop it right away when BDO is out ( because there is a SHIT TONS of things that BDO offer that other mmo, so like BnS will never do )

BnS is a lot more tactics involved for sure. You can just spam skills, which for some classes is your best method of DPS, but that's only if you have enough resource regen up. PvP in BnS is fun...but some classes are just ridiculous, and some aren't good until you get their master traits.But, BnS PvP is heavily CC/counter based. Some classes can counter and CC you all day. Like KFM, they can use an attack to CC you to put your escape on cooldown, then put you in a long ass stun lock that in most cases will kill you.

They are both neat games, but BnS is just another themepark MMO to me. It's PvP is the only good thing about the game. Everything else about the game is your run of the mill MMORPG.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tactics, mind games, chess moves, these things in bdo are attained when the player achieves mechanical mastery of the class.

Let's just say that BNS is NOT an arcade fighter because pressing 1234 zxcv does not require mechanical skill. The moment you start playing the game would be the time you would need to start thinking about how to combo properly because all you need to press is 1234 zxcv tab or whatever. However, this does not say its a bad game, after all it has an esport following.

BDO on the other than require mechanical skill which is key  to arcade fighters. There are lots of button combination which would be more like what actual fighters are. So the depth of the pvp actually only starts when you master the class.

But you never know, bdo is new and theres no esports to balance around. Classes are probably going to be way off balance at the highest (plus gear enchants).

I'm kinda mindblown at how bad Punch's post was. I dont know if he was being serious saying "BDO is a lot slower paced"

Posted

When in doubt, slap on "E-sport" cap and embrace your inner pro, congratulations, you are In Korean Valhalla.

Posted (edited)

When in doubt, slap on "E-sport" cap and embrace your inner pro, congratulations, you are In Korean Valhalla.

Denying it doesn't make it better, only makes it sad.

BDO has very bad small scale combat. Whether it be 1v1 or 3v3, etc. It is also very stale to spectate. It's just nowhere near as fun to watch or play on the small scale.

It's controls are loose and it's battles just totally one sided rushes.

Esports is exactly that, "sport" there's a drama, a show, a skill, a tactic going. It all funnels back to developers @ update time, how to make our game have more depth, more fun to play, more fun to watch.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

BDO has very bad small scale combat. Whether it be 1v1 or 3v3, etc. It is also very stale to spectate. It's just nowhere near as fun to watch or play on the small scale.

Esports is exactly that, "sport" there's a drama, a show, a skill, a tactic going. It all funnels back to developers @ update time.

Cool story, keep on keeping on.

Posted

Esports is exactly that, "sport" there's a drama, a show, a skill, a tactic going. It all funnels back to developers @ update time, how to make our game have more depth, more fun to play, more fun to watch.

Have you watched really good players going at each other in BDO? It's actually pretty spectacular and those matches can last over ten minutes, sometimes up to half an hour of fast, incredibly mobile, skill based mastery. I leveled up fast in B&S and the PvP there is something I mastered pretty quickly I honestly didn't worry about mobility, because I made sure my rotation had the right choice of skills to flsh behind, to the side, then do air juggles, etc... I only had to worry about memorizing my number pressing rotation and cooldowns. Quite literally I can take my hand off the WASD entirely and do nothing but skill rotation by number mashing and do all the "positioning" that was necessary.

Posted (edited)

Lies, I have auto-target in BDO, I'm a Ranger :<

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted (edited)

Have you watched really good players going at each other in BDO? It's actually pretty spectacular and those matches can last over ten minutes, sometimes up to half an hour of fast, incredibly mobile, skill based mastery. I leveled up fast in B&S and the PvP there is something I mastered pretty quickly I honestly didn't worry about mobility, because I made sure my rotation had the right choice of skills to flsh behind, to the side, then do air juggles, etc... I only had to worry about memorizing my number pressing rotation and cooldowns. Quite literally I can take my hand off the WASD entirely and do nothing but skill rotation by number mashing and do all the "positioning" that was necessary.

You must mean OwPvP of nothingless, where 2 people play hide and seek in a forest. Heck BnS or any game can do that since potion and sprinting, etc are available. And it's not very fun to watch.

BDO...most rounds end in 30 seconds or less.

Again showmenship is really lacking both playing and watching BDO compare to other games.

BDO is just not focused on small scale or refused to. There is a pretty large hole left open in the combat and balance system, both when playing and when spectating.

Edited by Kuu

Posted (edited)

BnS is a lot more tactics involved for sure. You can just spam skills, which for some classes is your best method of DPS, but that's only if you have enough resource regen up. PvP in BnS is fun...but some classes are just ridiculous, and some aren't good until you get their master traits.But, BnS PvP is heavily CC/counter based. Some classes can counter and CC you all day. Like KFM, they can use an attack to CC you to put your escape on cooldown, then put you in a long ass stun lock that in most cases will kill you.

They are both neat games, but BnS is just another themepark MMO to me. It's PvP is the only good thing about the game. Everything else about the game is your run of the mill MMORPG.

I never said BnS is perfectly, but yeah somes class are ridiculous.

And so far, the counter / CC part is just priceless in that game. With the old mabinogi game and his rock paper scissor system, its, for now the best fight system i played with.

And for me, that's the issue with BDO fight ( from what i played, the fight look a bit too "basic" and only relying on dps spamming )

But like Kuu perfectly said, BnS gameplay dont fit every situation. It especialy turn "large scale" ( faction pvp ) pvp into something very dumb.

After that just a "debate" over the gameplay, if you speak about the mmo in general, even if i barely experienced BDO, yeah, BDO look absolutely way more interesting to play at.

(even if i still hardly doubt its going to be a real sandbox. But imo its also a thempark but way better made with all the activity to feel like true open world. That's another debate tho ;))

Edited by woots