• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

they might as well should sell gear upgrades in pay shop

105 posts in this topic

Posted

even though doing so, would make the game an instant pay to win.  it could be a way to solve the ruined economy issue since there is alot of money and nothing to buy with it.  

It  would allow everyone to bypass the huge Wall created by our dear game bots and hackers.  and would minimize the tedious and boring yet overly frustrating enchanting system

it would make pvp more fair since everyone could have a chance to be equally well geared.

1 person likes this

Posted

What about no! No P2W bullshit wanted. Thanks..

21 people like this

Posted (edited)

What about no! No P2W bullshit wanted. Thanks..

why not?  afraid the whalers would get the upper hand?  afraid you wont get to be anymore that special snowflake your mom always told you, you were?

even though pay to win catters mostly to whalers,  that would be way better than what we currently have now .

oh not to mention, that hackers would be obsolete as well.

Edited by Aylindel
1 person likes this

Posted

What on Earth has Gear upgrade in Cash Shop to do with hackers..... O.o

Posted

hackers would be obsolete as well.

Nah, not at all.

They'd be just as prevalent because cheaters always cheat, people always want the easy path.

Posted

I see somebody got out-sniped again in AH xD

Posted (edited)

Nah, not at all.
They'd be just as prevalent because cheaters always cheat, people always want the easy path.

indeed but dont you think if everyone was able to purchase their way through cash shop,   some people would still need to resource to cheating to be competitive ?  there will still be cheaters ofcourse but i think it would help minimize it to a certain extent

Edited by Aylindel

Posted

I wish I could make the following my signature:

If you are allowed to leverage your massive amounts of person free time to get better items in the game, I should be able to leverage my wallet. 

:)

5 people like this

Posted

The carebears noticing that they still can't do shit even if daum holds their hand.

Next thing you know: "Bdo should sell levels in Cashshop, just like wow, afterall it would only make it fair that i can skip hundreds of hours of progress by paying while others played for it".

9 people like this

Posted

The carebears noticing that they still can't do shit even if daum holds their hand.

Next thing you know: "Bdo should sell levels in Cashshop, just like wow, afterall it would only make it fair that i can skip hundreds of hours of progress by paying while others played for it".

*giggle*

Gosh I missed your presence on these forums :)

Posted (edited)

What he means if that if you want to be part of that 1% you should quit your job or leave your family. That way you can compete with that 1%. Now expect the BS about time management, because no one with a job or family meaning wife or kids can get to level 59 with time management, at this point.

Edited by Saltminer
1 person likes this

Posted

this isnt even carebears, this is purely whales crying cause they cant use the ultimate cheat code, their credit card number

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What he means if that if you want to be part of that 1% you should quit your job, or leave your family. That way you can compete with that 1%. Now expect the BS about time management, because no one with a job or family meaning wife or kids can get to level 59 with time management.

So let me get this straight... you don't have the time to play, yet expect to be part of that 1%? Why the hell should you be equal to me if you play 3 minutes a day, to me that plays 8h a day?

Yes, i put 27h a day, problem? How the hell can you even manage to get that crap out of your mouth, "Hey, i dig 2 holes each day, but i want to earn just as much as my buddy that digs 200 holes each day... it's only fair i mean, because no reason at all".

God....

Did whales really become so pathetic? Let the Whales emerge! Bring your matchlocks guys, it's hunting season! We don't need the whales made by PA, we got our sad whales right here!

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted

I wish I could make the following my signature:

If you are allowed to leverage your massive amounts of person free time to get better items in the game, I should be able to leverage my wallet. 

:)

Why do you feel that using third party options to get ahead in video games is vs someone who uses only what the game offers is fair?

Posted (edited)

this isnt even carebears, this is purely whales crying cause they cant use the ultimate cheat code, their credit card number

lmao whales crying about people with more free time than them. What about people wih free time crying about whales in p2w games? So having a good paying job and using that money for gaming equals cheating. Great. 

Edited by Azta
Provoking, insulting

Posted

Insulting allways wins an argument, said no one ever ;)

Sadly i know people that work 8h a day and are 58/59. You can't do it?

And if you are blind and can't see obvious sarcasm... clean your eyes dude.

Won;t encourage your name anymore...

Posted

I work 50-60 hours and I'm only lvl 57 :(:(:(

Posted (edited)

My work doesn't pay enough and I still don't have enough time to play but I can cook very well.

Would Daum be kind enough to send me a Kzarka Longsword which I will pay with a limited amount of meal of their choice ?

Edit : If they prefer I can also grow vegetables which I'm open to trade.

Please CM_Jouska ?

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Why do you feel that using third party options to get ahead in video games is vs someone who uses only what the game offers is fair?

hmm you never played p2w games? Your point is fair, but that doesn't mean p2w is wrong. From your statement we can assume that people with the most free time should always be ahead. So we should punish everyone that have a full time job or a family that they have to spend time with. Why do you think people with the most free time should have more advantage, than people with responsabilities? You don't think people with responsabilities want to be part of that 1%? Great example of p2w game is Archeage, not in every mmo free time means you are that 1%, even if you play all day you will never catch up to a whale. While both points seem fair, you kust gotta pick the game that suits you. Bdo is for people with the most free time, if you want to p2w maybe come back when the game is dying and goes f2p.

Posted

This depends on how it is done, having a money exchange so people can buy in game currency with pearls would help. I do not think it a good idea to make it pay to win.

In reality is we need less RNG and more max levels. Many of the progression paths in the game were badly thought out. Losing a pair of 80 million jewellery items because the RNG fails shouldn't happen. No-one should lose expensive crystals because they die, or equipment.

Posted

Please show me. There are very few players lvl 59 so dont come with that bs. Ask them, because I have asked how many hours they play 16h+. So the guy plays 16h+ a day, when does he work? Or sleep? You never understood my statement, all i said was this game is not for the p2w community. But in other games money wins over people making more holes like your previous statement, this is probably your first mmo and you never played a p2w game. 

Posted

why not?  afraid the whalers would get the upper hand?  afraid you wont get to be anymore that special snowflake your mom always told you, you were?

even though pay to win catters mostly to whalers,  that would be way better than what we currently have now .

oh not to mention, that hackers would be obsolete as well.

but if you could buy everything... and everyone gets to be the best.... then whats the point of a progressive MMO? Might as well play overwatch at that point.

Posted (edited)

indeed but dont you think if everyone was able to purchase their way through cash shop,   some people would still need to resource to cheating to be competitive ?  there will still be cheaters ofcourse but i think it would help minimize it to a certain extent

I doubt it, if anything it would make it worse because you could cheat the game to get cash shop stuff too... unless ofc you mean directly selling items and not letting you sell it but that directly undermines the point of progress in a game to begin with, and if you feel inclined to skip progress with your wallet you maybe should consider games that aren't meant to be time sinks like MMO's.

Sadly i know people that work 8h a day and are 58/59. You can't do it? Oh... darling, in the grown ups world we call it:"you freaking suck! git gud!"

I call shenanigans. There's like one 59 on the entire server set and they've calculated the time and xp requirements that would clock them in at nearly 12 hours a day minimum IIRC, assuming they started at conq headstart.

Also, I don't think you understand the term "grown up" if you think grown ups ever say "git gud"

Edited by bakimono
3 people like this

Posted

but if you could buy everything... and everyone gets to be the best.... then whats the point of a progressive MMO? Might as well play overwatch at that point.

I understand your point, but I don't understand what is the difference between p2w and free time? In other games if you ever played a p2w game, there is progression. People that can swipe the hardest will be ahead, i just think its stupid the discrimination. This game is paradise for people with free time, while other mmos are good for people with money, nothing wrong. If you are a new player p2w or with lots of time do your research before playing.

Posted (edited)

hmm you never played p2w games? Your point is fair, but that doesn't mean p2w is wrong. From your statement we can assume that people with the most free time should always be ahead. So we should punish everyone that have a full time job or a family that they have to spend time with. Why do you think people with the most free time should have more advantage, than people with responsabilities? You don't think people with responsabilities want to be part of that 1%? Great example of p2w game is Archeage, not in every mmo free time means you are that 1%, even if you play all day you will never catch up to a whale. While both points seem fair, you kust gotta pick the game that suits you. Bdo is for people with the most free time, if you want to p2w maybe come back when the game is dying and goes f2p.

I have played p2win. They always died extremely quick, AA being the best example I can think up of. The pay2win model they had was one of the major contributing factors to the game taking a huge and sudden downfall. As a player, I was pretty exceptional - I spent a lot of time, did a lot of market flipping, but hitting some of the pay2win players felt like I was hitting them with clouds instead of meteors. I was still able to beat them, because instead of gear I levered my time to learn my classes to utter perfection, but it was very clear that no matter what I did ingame, I would always be at a massive disadvantage versus players who were willing to drop thousands of dollars.

I personally believe that the game should be a closed universe - as in, no third party advantage. That includes hacks, pay 2 win, private tools, etc. You should be rewarded for playing the game, not for doing something else with your time(aka, work). To me, buying an advantage like that in Archeage is no different than buying a third party hack/cheat. You are just leveraging time you spent not playing the game to buy a massive advantage vs those who do play the game. 

Edited by Walk

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0