• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

they might as well should sell gear upgrades in pay shop

105 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So let me get this straight... you don't have the time to play, yet expect to be part of that 1%? Why the hell should you be equal to me if you play 3 minutes a day, to me that plays 8h a day?

Yes, i put 27h a day, problem? How the hell can you even manage to get that crap out of your mouth, "Hey, i dig 2 holes each day, but i want to earn just as much as my buddy that digs 200 holes each day... it's only fair i mean, because no reason at all".

God....

Did whales really become so pathetic? Let the Whales emerge! Bring your matchlocks guys, it's hunting season! We don't need the whales made by PA, we got our sad whales right here!

did you forget to take your prozac medication again ?

have you failed to read, i even clearly state that doing so,  would automatically level the game as pay to win?

due to the horrible stage the game is at atm,  doing so could be viewed as a solution to some of those issues that sadly cause more harm than good long run.  to do me a favor sugarplum and take that repressed anger of yours and shove it Deep in some of your body orífices.

Edited by Aylindel
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah lets sink another MMO into the bottom of the ocean with sellable cashshop items. 

I swear, some people...

obviously, whales live in the ocean they to have it there to be able to play

Posted

The general mentality in this game is that people who have more free time are somehow entitled to have better characters the game. Not necessarily due to their player skill, like you would find in a first person shooter or Guild Wars 2, but instead due the sheer amount of grinding they are capable of doing while your average person is at work, thus obtaining better gear and more levels. They then tell everyone with worse gear and worse levels to "git gud", as it were.

They are, in essence, leveraging their real life situation to the benefit of themselves in the game, and the detriment of others. I see no reason why, if this is the way the game is going to be played, we should not simply expand the real life situations that can be leveraged, since that's obviously what this game is about. If they can leverage their massive amounts of free time, I should be able to leverage my wallet. Daum wins either way; either it gets bodies in the fray, or it gets its coffers filled by people with more money than time.

You could go leverage your wallet right now and buy a massive ingame advantage in the form of a cooldown reduction hack. It would give you the equivalent gear they have. Or is that somehow different?

Posted

The general mentality in this game is that people who have more free time are somehow entitled to have better characters the game. Not necessarily due to their player skill, like you would find in a first person shooter or Guild Wars 2, but instead due the sheer amount of grinding they are capable of doing while your average person is at work, thus obtaining better gear and more levels. They then tell everyone with worse gear and worse levels to "git gud", as it were.

They are, in essence, leveraging their real life situation to the benefit of themselves in the game, and the detriment of others. I see no reason why, if this is the way the game is going to be played, we should not simply expand the real life situations that can be leveraged, since that's obviously what this game is about. If they can leverage their massive amounts of free time, I should be able to leverage my wallet. Daum wins either way; either it gets bodies in the fray, or it gets its coffers filled by people with more money than time.

I agree with your point, but this is not the game for your wallet. As much as some want that ability, is not happening anytime soon. There are others games in which your wallet will make a huge impact in the progression of your character, not in this one.

You could go leverage your wallet right now and buy a massive ingame advantage in the form of a cooldown reduction hack. It would give you the equivalent gear they have. Or is that somehow different?

Or he could play BDO KR and be top player with his wallet, without getting banned.

Posted (edited)

I'm a casual gamer because I have a day to day job but I can imagine how annoying it would be to people who put hard hours in to be better when some newbie just bought all his gear and has no clue how to play yet. 

I know the current system needs work but you don't throw away a game style to have one so many loath. They would have to use the money from those whalers to buy a new playerbase.

Edited by Antalicus

Posted

I agree with your point, but this is not the game for your wallet. As much as some want that ability, is not happening anytime soon. There are others games in which your wallet will make a huge impact in the progression of your character, not in this one.

Or he could play BDO KR and be top player with his wallet, without getting banned.

You mean where BDO is failing terribly? It's playerbase is miniscule, just like AA. Pay2win kills games.

Posted (edited)

no,  in this game you can only make impact in the progression  is via hacks.9_9

Edited by Aylindel
1 person likes this

Posted

Sadly people expect things to be handed to them, or in the case of some they want to be able to get the edge that many, many players have worked for through actual time spent in game by just using their wallets.

I am "working" for my horses, leveling them with ingame training outfit, breeding, training skills on my own. Just to get a horse that at painfully reached lvl 30 has 9 useless skills.

Someone who wants to pay for it can 1. get skills trained by NPC, 2. get a costume that lessens time taken to level them up, 3. get twice as much breeding attempts so twice as many horses 4. get skills reset until they have a perfect horse bought in a cash shop. 

So they get more than just edge by using their wallets over me who plays the game and in the end have nothing to show for.

Posted

Here are some news for you, pal.

You're delusional.

Posted (edited)

You mean where BDO is failing terribly? It's playerbase is miniscule, just like AA. Pay2win kills games.

Hmm every game dies, its just a matter of time.  I am just giving him an option, which is legal. Nothing wrong using his wallet in a game that allows it. I don't understand your meaning on p2w kill games, do you mean the profit of the company or the playerbase? Because those whales keep the company running, there is one player in Archeage ranked #2 in gear which spend $50,000 people like this keep companies running. Miniscule playerbase  doesn't mean its not sucessful in the eyes of the developer or publisher, maybe in the eyes of a player.

lol. Hackers are gone from bdo, ban wave happend few days ago. :P

Here are some news for you, pal.

You're delusional.

hacks in bdo!? 

Edited by Saltminer

Posted (edited)

@Aylindel

If you think by adding gear upgrade to cash shop would solve economic issues, you are completely wrong. That is the same thing as saying, oh the US is in national debt crisis, lets print more money into the economy because the less fortunate cant pay bills.

The economy would completely fall overboard, there would be no use of Gold period, and prices on items would go up even more while some go extremely low. There wouldn't be much of a competition but who has more RL money to blow on their characters. Might as well shut down the servers because within months everyone will quit, and AFK fishing/farming etc wont even matter due to the cash shop values, and the actual cost of Gold Value... 

I do understand your frustration with RNG and time investment. Not everyone is fortunate to stay home and play all day and have no life. But without the RNG and %/chance system there is no competitive/frustration edge that keeps players on board. I am on the same page as you though I wish the upgrades and enhancements were a tad easier and there was a way around all of it... but its part of BDO's gaming structure  

Edited by OGricecakez

Posted

When major guilds utilize bots and hacks to get ahead the P2W is already in effect. I've never been a supporter of this but in this game? Yes. Choose between 200+ hours of grinding or pay a fee because you can't dedicate that kind of time.

Could save the game. 

Posted

I do understand your frustration with RNG and time investment. Not everyone is fortunate to stay home and play all day and have no life. 

BDO in a sentence.

Posted

even though doing so, would make the game an instant pay to win.  it could be a way to solve the ruined economy issue since there is alot of money and nothing to buy with it.  

It  would allow everyone to bypass the huge Wall created by our dear game bots and hackers.  and would minimize the tedious and boring yet overly frustrating enchanting system

it would make pvp more fair since everyone could have a chance to be equally well geared.

No thanks!

Concepts like that don't last. They alienate more players than they attract. Just look at Archeage.

The tedious aspects of the game are working as intended. If you don't like it? Simple, move on to another game.

Posted

@Aylindel

If you think by adding gear upgrade to cash shop would solve economic issues, you are completely wrong. That is the same thing as saying, oh the US is in national debt crisis, lets print more money into the economy because the less fortunate cant pay bills.

The economy would completely fall overboard, there would be no use of Gold period, and prices on items would go up even more while some go extremely low. There wouldn't be much of a competition but who has more RL money to blow on their characters. Might as well shut down the servers because within months everyone will quit, and AFK fishing/farming etc wont even matter due to the cash shop values, and the actual cost of Gold Value... 

I do understand your frustration with RNG and time investment. Not everyone is fortunate to stay home and play all day and have no life. But without the RNG and %/chance system there is no competitive/frustration edge that keeps players on board. I am on the same page as you though I wish the upgrades and enhancements were a tad easier and there was a way around all of it... but its part of BDO's gaming structure  

actually the solution is to make crafting actually meaninful instead of been a useless timesink.   the question is,  do you think daum is up to the labor of scrapping the absurd RNG system and turn the Wheel into something more functional and sandbox like?   i highly doubt  since  they dont have control over that.

so even though we all agree that pay to win sucks,  it seems is the only viable alternative.  considering they love make quick bucks through out an overpriced pay shop, might as well should sell those gear upgrade though it .

Posted

this isnt even carebears, this is purely whales crying cause they cant use the ultimate cheat code, their credit card number

I'm a "whale" and I can confirm this.

Posted

If you don't see how hacking is different than using real money to catch your gear up to those who spent time in-game, then you shouldn't be able to be part of this conversation.

I am "working" for my horses, leveling them with ingame training outfit, breeding, training skills on my own. Just to get a horse that at painfully reached lvl 30 has 9 useless skills.

Someone who wants to pay for it can 1. get skills trained by NPC, 2. get a costume that lessens time taken to level them up, 3. get twice as much breeding attempts so twice as many horses 4. get skills reset until they have a perfect horse bought in a cash shop. 

So they get more than just edge by using their wallets over me who plays the game and in the end have nothing to show for.

Part of the problem is that people with this mentality don't seem to enjoy playing the game, just receiving rewards.  But I don't understand why a reward-driven person would consciously go deep into such an RNG-heavy game.  Seems like a conflict of interests, because that lack of guarantee that you're going to feel the rush from seeing the reward is going to make you resentful of anything/everything at the drop of a hat.  I'm not sure that's really the game's fault.

Also, I think it's a sign of poor design if you can make a game Pay-to-Win by enabling cash-based shortcuts to improved gear.  When Pay-to-Win and Play-to-Win end up at the same place, I can't help but laugh at all the complaints about Pay-to-Win.  The argument "that person has an advantage over me for doing nothing" is how I feel about the Play-to-Winners.  Mindless, endless grinding, setting your character up to AFK fish/etc. when you're away, having alts generate energy while they are offline.  To me, you might as well have just given Daum $500 and been at that level.

Everyone is seemingly entitled to their gear-based PvP advantage, and all I am is sad that no one seems to care one iota about the thrill of an even fight.  I've come to terms with gear-based PvP in BDO, but I can't stop marveling at the people who complain about Pay-to-Win in this game, because all I see is them complaining about the same things that Play-to-Win gives.  I guess allocating free time into the game is just that praise-worthy, to be dogmatically worshiped by the player base.

If a player puts 8 hours a day into the game, and I put 1 hour a day + some amount of money to put us at the same gear score, I bet the 8 hours a day person would complain about Pay-to-Win if I won a fight against him.  Even if it was a completely fair fight.  That's why I can't help but laugh.

1 person likes this

Posted

actually the solution is to make crafting actually meaninful instead of been a useless timesink.   the question is,  do you think daum is up to the labor of scrapping the absurd RNG system and turn the Wheel into something more functional and sandbox like?   i highly doubt  since  they dont have control over that.

so even though we all agree that pay to win sucks,  it seems is the only viable alternative.  considering they love make quick bucks through out an overpriced pay shop, might as well should sell those gear upgrade though it .

I do agree, if they make more of the profession oriented items unique rather than trade items, or small scale Marketplace items it could positively influence the economy. I truly think they keep it the RNG system to bring out the "gambling side" of their player base. It keeps people hooked, and more time spend on the game = higher chance people will spend money in the cash shop

BDO in a sentence.

xD true that my dude, would be dope to have that "BDO mentality life" and have TRI Orge Rings and Tri Marks with All boss armor ;) 

Posted

bc.thumb.jpg.bf5cd3f5b79899ea9b6722c9035

Im rdy lets do this !

Posted

Very good points. What about the people that work? I know some people that work that would love to play the game all day, but they have responsabilities to their family? If you say close universe only it would benefit the most one type of player, the one without any real life responsabilities. There is a difference between someone that can spend 16hours a day to play than someone that can spend 8hours. Assuming you play 8hours a day and let say you have DUO and try for TRI and it breaks at this point you are very much -----ed, because of time constraints.. But if you are a player with 16H+ you can replace that item much faster, which clearly its an advantage. So how you deal with this type of situation in a closed universe? I think there should be games for everyones people that like to swipe or normal people that have tons of time to spend. So everyone can play with people similar to them.

there is a game for you, its called archeage. Have fun.

Posted

I just pointed out that P2W is already in game, only it affects a minor amount of players and is not about direct gear. Therefore almost everyone neglects it. I dont care either way, I got my 50€ worth of fun and I can move on easily if the cons outweigh the pros. I will be sad because I had hopes for this game but in the end it wont affect my paycheck. What I do not like is how we were promised that getting B2P game will mean having a shop with just cosmetics, not a real advantage. I do not like being lied to.

Personally I would rather have Korean F2P system with cash shop items tradeable in market place. In my opinion it would even out those with money, those with time and those without luck. But then some people would not feel so special for having 15 hours a day to play some game I suppose /shrug

1 person likes this

Posted

Fair enough point; can't argue with that. All I can really do is show support for the idea in case the thought ever crosses their minds. But I imagine that this is not something that they have any desire to implement. 

Posted (edited)

It is 2016 and p2w is a taboo in gaming industry, especially in the Western region. Pay-for-gear beats the purpose of playing the game for rewards, instead it is bypassing the efforts a gamer need to put into. Legitimate players would feel insulted by the fact that their time get swooped by a credit card. It make them look cheap! What is the point of playing when a credit card can replace huge commitment to the game?

For all those who say leverage wallet: yep, do you feel great when your job get bought by a millionaire? your performance get replaced by someone who bought the judge? Everything you hold dear is not measured by money. It is the time, commitment, emotions attached. Credit-swapping is simply out of the question.

EDIT: P2W incoming with an item called "VALK CRY" in the cash shop. You buy failstack for real cash. Have fun walleting! I am so done with the game.

Edited by mickey3333

Posted

even though doing so, would make the game an instant pay to win.  it could be a way to solve the ruined economy issue since there is alot of money and nothing to buy with it.  

It  would allow everyone to bypass the huge Wall created by our dear game bots and hackers.  and would minimize the tedious and boring yet overly frustrating enchanting system

it would make pvp more fair since everyone could have a chance to be equally well geared.

The day they make Black Desert Online P2W or F2P is the day I leave the game for good. You must not have been playing MMO's for very long if you have not learned of the repercussions with that kind of business model. In this day and age of MMO's serious western gamers loath the free-to-play market. Too many titles have been on a decline because of this.  

Posted

Don't worry they will. It's too soon right now

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0