• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node War Time for West Coast

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Seems like no one is talking about it, but node war starts at 5PM for west coast players, making this impossible to attend on time for anyone who has 9-5 job. I personally will most likely be missing the first hour of every node war. Does no one else have this problem?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This means the west coast is not the majority.  Most eastrn are a little screwed if they have jobs or school the next day and require an earlier night, so they'll be missing the last hour.  Seems an acceptable trade-off.

Edited by JerryBoyle
2 people like this

Posted

Or they could just make the wars shorter I guess. 

But there is no way to please everyone here.  Thats the take away.

It's during prime time.  Regardless of the time zone.  MST timezone is perfect.

Posted

Well yeah but the options are this. Make node wars start at 10PM EST preventing entire east coast from playing. or leave it where it is because most players dont play on west coast. Sounds fair to me. Please the majority, not the minority. 

Posted

Seems like no one is talking about it, but node war starts at 5PM for west coast players, making this impossible to attend on time for anyone who has 9-5 job. I personally will most likely be missing the first hour of every node war. Does no one else have this problem?

It's from 8-10 est. which is considered prime time in the US. This is when the most people across all four time zones are free. This is why your big tv shows and sports games start at these times. They picked the best time they could. Can't make everyone happy. 

Posted

The manual is saying the node wars last 3 hours now... why was this changed from 2? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well I was hoping it would be 9PM - 11PM EST, so 6PM - 8PM PST, that way it's only 1 hour later for east cost so it shouldn't affect their bedtime that much, and it wouldn't cut into west coast work hours, which cannot really be avoided.

Posted

The manual is saying the node wars last 3 hours now... why was this changed from 2? 

I think that just means they can last up to 3 hours. 

If a guild goes in and destroys all it's competition for X node, that particular node might only take 30 minutes. 

What happens in the unlikely event that a node isn't contested? Does a winner default?

Posted

1. Node Wars are held from Sunday to Friday (6 days a week), from 20:00 to 23:00.(CEST for EU/ EDT for NA)

From the siege manual, so that is 5-8 PST

Posted

1. Node Wars are held from Sunday to Friday (6 days a week), from 20:00 to 23:00.(CEST for EU/ EDT for NA)

From the siege manual, so that is 5-8 PST

Interesting, another place on the guide it says it's 20:00 to 22:00.

But if it's 3 hours long, I guess it's not that bad to miss the first hour...

Posted

Well I was hoping it would be 9PM - 11PM EST, so 6PM - 8PM PST, that way it's only 1 hour later for east cost so it shouldn't affect their bedtime that much, and it wouldn't cut into west coast work hours, which cannot really be avoided.

If people have to sleep early for work or school, that's something that can't be avoided either.  Just because your work schedule ends at 5 doesn't mean you have more importance.

Posted

If people have to sleep early for work or school, that's something that can't be avoided either.  Just because your work schedule ends at 5 doesn't mean you have more importance.

Lol I don't think I have more importance, I just want to find compromise so that as many people can participate as possible.

Posted

Lol I don't think I have more importance, I just want to find compromise so that as many people can participate as possible.

That's probably the current time schedules already.  They don't just pick them willy nilly.

Posted

That's probably the current time schedules already.  They don't just pick them willy nilly.

Yea if that's the case, and it's 3 hours long, I am fine with it.

Posted

You already have the servers ontop of you, let us have the node war times.

Posted

They can easily make it one hour later, aka 6-9 PDT / 9-12 EDT, and still make everyone happy. Currently west coasters who have a regular job get completely shafted by this node war schedule. For me personally I worked extremely hard in this game in preparation for node wars and now I cannot make it to 5 out of 6 possible node war time slots. As a core member of a competitive guild I feel this is very unacceptable, as it almost completely defeats the purpose of me even playing this game.

Also come winter the schedule will become 4-7 PST / 7-10 EST, which will be even more ridiculous.

Please fix the time schedule by moving it 1 hour forward, or by spreading out the time slots every day so every one gets a chance, and adjust the schedule accordingly whenever we get/lose daylight savings.

2 people like this

Posted

Lol that's true. Guess that's good game balancing xD

Posted

No. Only a portion of the servers are located in San Jose. The rest are located in Atlanta IIRC.

Posted

That's completely incorrect.  It is a lot easier to skip an hour of sleep, than to skip an hour of work.

I'm in FL and have no problem staying up later, so it really doesn't matter to me.  But people with jobs on the West Coast get royally screwed by these times.  Daum should seriously consider pushing the weekday times back an hour.

Posted

Why not have some nodes that have different war times?   I realize that would require coding.  My guild happens to have a lot of daytime players so those people are left out as well.  Many people come home from work and have to deal with their families etc.  There is no perfect time for all but the same time for all battles is quite restrictive and only allow a certain set of players to participate.  With so many nodes vary the times. 

Posted

The best way would be to rotate the times and then rotate the regions on a cycle.

week 1

serendia-est | bal-central | cal-pst | med-mountain etc

week2

bal-est | val-central | med-pst | serendia-mountain

etc

That way bigger guilds will always have coverage and stablity while having more members participate and smaller guilds can follow their timezones.

Posted

They can easily make it one hour later, aka 6-9 PDT / 9-12 EDT, and still make everyone happy. Currently west coasters who have a regular job get completely shafted by this node war schedule. For me personally I worked extremely hard in this game in preparation for node wars and now I cannot make it to 5 out of 6 possible node war time slots. As a core member of a competitive guild I feel this is very unacceptable, as it almost completely defeats the purpose of me even playing this game.

Also come winter the schedule will become 4-7 PST / 7-10 EST, which will be even more ridiculous.

Please fix the time schedule by moving it 1 hour forward, or by spreading out the time slots every day so every one gets a chance, and adjust the schedule accordingly whenever we get/lose daylight savings.

Uh, no. I'm east coast and must get up at 5:30 am every weekday to make it to work. Making anything go to midnight on a workday is ridiculous. They picked the prime time in the US. Same time everything else important happens during the weekdays entertainment wise. They are just doing what is normal for every other entertainment outlet in the US.

Posted (edited)

So let's move it to 8 west coast, so players on east coast have to be in bed instead?

The US is a big country, we gotta deal with it. For some reason servers are all on west coast so east coast players get -----ed on ping, but times used are east coast so west coast players gotta get home early. Aka, no one is happy.

Edited by Walk

Posted (edited)

No. Only a portion of the servers are located in San Jose. The rest are located in Atlanta IIRC.

that's never even been hinted to us. Those servers are all west coast as per the official announcement. Which is why players like myself (who even live in GA) get garbage ping to the servers.

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

So let's move it to 8 west coast, so players on east coast have to be in bed instead?

Where did I say I want it to start 8PM PST? My guild has a lot of east coast players, I don't want to screw them over. I only wanted it to move by 1 hour.