• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node War Time for West Coast

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Well yeah but the options are this. Make node wars start at 10PM EST preventing entire east coast from playing. or leave it where it is because most players dont play on west coast. Sounds fair to me. Please the majority, not the minority. 

and yet the servers are on the west coast.

Posted (edited)

That's completely incorrect.  It is a lot easier to skip an hour of sleep, than to skip an hour of work.

I'm in FL and have no problem staying up later, so it really doesn't matter to me.  But people with jobs on the West Coast get royally screwed by these times.  Daum should seriously consider pushing the weekday times back an hour.

It's not incorrect, just subjective; people value sleep differently.  Some are okay and some will not be; it all depends when you start work and how much sleep you need.  The majority dictates the times; if the times are bad for west coast; they are likely not the majority so having it good for them makes little sense if you lose more on the east coast.  That's the balancing act.

Edited by JerryBoyle
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A bigger problem would be that recruiting an so on would put a EST requirement if things become permanent.

Spot are limited, and if you're not there, then obvious will become an issue.

People outside NA playing on NA servers are one thing. They expect missing prime time. Not so for NA playing on NA servers.

East coaster are winners, PST people are life skillers~

Edited by Kuu

Posted

It's not incorrect, just subjective; people value sleep differently.  Some are okay and some will not be; it all depends when you start work and how much sleep you need.  The majority dictates the times; if the times are bad for west coast; they are likely not the majority so having it good for them makes little sense if you lose more on the east coast.  That's the balancing act.

Most CAN skip an hour of sleep on a few days every week for node wars. Whereas most CANNOT skip an hour of work a few times every week for node wars. This is the fundamental difference. Stop being unreasonable.

Posted (edited)

I can't believe they aren't staggering the times. I assumed they would have the node wars be at different times on different days, so everyone could at least have one day available, and everyone could find a guild that does node wars at that time. I've been waiting for node wars for months and now I find out I basically can't play in any of them except for Saturday, which you need to be in a big time guild to do node wars that day, but what big guild wants a member that can only do 1 node war a week?

There needs to be a huge community outcry about this. Its such an easy fix too. Just stagger the times that they start. Prime time guilds can compete in prime time node wars, late night guilds can compete in late night node wars, daytime guilds can compete in daytime node wars. It's easy.

I was thinking about quitting over this, but I googled "upcoming mmorpgs" and it looks like I'll have to wait until "late 2016" to play Camelot Unchained. Hopefully they can fix the scheduling before then, because I really like Black Desert and want to keep playing, but have no desire to be completely excluded from end game PvP. I certainly won't be spending any more money on the game until they fix the scheduling and let everyone participate.

Edited by Natty

Posted

I can't believe they aren't staggering the times. I assumed they would have the node wars be at different times on different days, so everyone could at least have one day available, and everyone could find a guild that does node wars at that time. I've been waiting for node wars for months and now I find out I basically can't play in any of them except for Saturday, which you need to be in a big time guild to do node wars that day, but what big guild wants a member that can only do 1 node war a week?

There needs to be a huge community outcry about this. Its such an easy fix too. Just stagger the times that they start. Prime time guilds can compete in prime time node wars, late night guilds can compete in late night node wars, daytime guilds can compete in daytime node wars. It's easy.

I was thinking about quitting over this, but I googled "upcoming mmorpgs" and it looks like I'll have to wait until "late 2016" to play Camelot Unchained. Hopefully they can fix the scheduling before then, because I really like Black Desert and want to keep playing, but have no desire to be completely excluded from end game PvP. I certainly won't be spending any more money on the game until they fix the scheduling and let everyone participate.

I agree. I still can't believe that they set up a time so that every person who works a normal job on the west coast cannot attend 90% of the node wars. Completely outrageous.

Posted

Just remember guys:

irl > games

value your job/health over a game.

Posted

Most CAN skip an hour of sleep on a few days every week for node wars. Whereas most CANNOT skip an hour of work a few times every week for node wars. This is the fundamental difference. Stop being unreasonable.

I'm not unreasonable, I'm saying it's subjective.  Unreasonable is not accepting that fact and continuing to push the west coast agenda.

Posted

No. Only a portion of the servers are located in San Jose. The rest are located in Atlanta IIRC.

I dont think any server is in atlanta when it comes to the actual game  servers. I would have a consistent 20 ping to ATL. I avg 80-100 at all times, and thats indicative of SJ

Posted

I agree. I still can't believe that they set up a time so that every person who works a normal job on the west coast cannot attend 90% of the node wars. Completely outrageous.

It's not even just an East versus West coast debate where pushing the times back would help, its a problem no matter when you put the time. A lot of people have regular jobs or real life stuff at the same time every day, and if it happens to be during the node war time, they can just never participate. For myself, the end of my work day is during node wars, so I literally can't do them, but after work I spend time with my family. I mainly play when everyone else has gone to bed. For people like me, there needs to be a late night node war. For people that work second shift, there would need to be an early morning node war. For third shift people, a middle of the day node war. They are completely excluding a huge number of people from participating in node wars by having them at the same time every day.

There is NO single time that is good for everyone. They need to stagger the times, so almost everyone will have at least one time they can make. Just randomly off the top of my head the best solutions would be to either have node wars constantly occurring throughout the day at various different nodes (no clue if this would require a lot of coding), or if they absolute have to all be at once, do something like keep the Saturday node wars at prime time since they are the most important ones, but then make 2 days per week have daytime node wars, two days per week have prime time node wars, and two days per week have late night node wars.

Just randomly off the top of my head the best solutions would be to either have node wars constantly occurring throughout the day at various different nodes

This is definitely the best solution. It just needs to be ensured that it takes long enough to set up a base that people can't participate in node wars constantly and need to pick 1 a day like the current system.

Posted

Theres no easy solution for this. They picked a time we have to deal with it. I know if I was at my last job that time would be great. My new job isn't going to mesh with it well but sh*t happens and if u want to participate find a way to. Even tho its crazy I know I changed up my sleep schedule so that I would make kzarka spawns. Everyone cant cater to you, if you want to do something you figure out a way to do it. 

But I understand your frustration it is difficult to have something Ingame that requires a specific time commitment such as this. 

This is definitely the best solution. It just needs to be ensured that it takes long enough to set up a base that people can't participate in node wars constantly and need to pick 1 a day like the current system.

I agree a constant throughout the day would solve this problem. 

Posted

It's not even just an East versus West coast debate where pushing the times back would help, its a problem no matter when you put the time. A lot of people have regular jobs or real life stuff at the same time every day, and if it happens to be during the node war time, they can just never participate. For myself, the end of my work day is during node wars, so I literally can't do them, but after work I spend time with my family. I mainly play when everyone else has gone to bed. For people like me, there needs to be a late night node war. For people that work second shift, there would need to be an early morning node war. For third shift people, a middle of the day node war. They are completely excluding a huge number of people from participating in node wars by having them at the same time every day.

There is NO single time that is good for everyone. They need to stagger the times, so almost everyone will have at least one time they can make. Just randomly off the top of my head the best solutions would be to either have node wars constantly occurring throughout the day at various different nodes (no clue if this would require a lot of coding), or if they absolute have to all be at once, do something like keep the Saturday node wars at prime time since they are the most important ones, but then make 2 days per week have daytime node wars, two days per week have prime time node wars, and two days per week have late night node wars.

Yes there is NO single time that is good for every one. But they should make the time good for the MAJORITY with STANDARD schedules aka regular 9-5 shifts or something very similar. That can be achieved by simply pushing the hours forward by 1 hour.

I dont think any server is in atlanta when it comes to the actual game  servers. I would have a consistent 20 ping to ATL. I avg 80-100 at all times, and thats indicative of SJ

Try different channels.  Some are west some are east.

Posted

I'm all in favor of a rotation, or even X channels are EST while Y channels are PST, etc. PST players simply don't have the option to join at the start of a war when they are driving home from work, etc.

Posted

I'm not unreasonable, I'm saying it's subjective.  Unreasonable is not accepting that fact and continuing to push the west coast agenda

How is 6-9 PDT, 9-12 EDT west coast agenda? You also have to keep in mind that the wars don't usually last full 3 hours. If it lasts full 3 hours then everybody loses. Most of the time it will end early. On the other hand it will never start late.

I don't care about your whole subjective thing what matters here is what works for MOST people aka people who have normal schedules, and are willing to change their schedules a little bit if it is in their ability, to participate in the node wars.

Posted

I'm on the East coast-ish. Eastern time zone.

I have to get up for work at 3am.

Be happy that you will at least be able to participate in some of the Combat from Node Wars/Sieges.

This was the only PvP I was actually looking forward to and I can't participate in it.

Posted (edited)

How is 6-9 PDT, 9-12 EDT west coast agenda? You also have to keep in mind that the wars don't usually last full 3 hours. If it lasts full 3 hours then everybody loses. Most of the time it will end early. On the other hand it will never start late.

I don't care about your whole subjective thing what matters here is what works for MOST people aka people who have normal schedules, and are willing to change their schedules a little bit if it is in their ability, to participate in the node wars.

Most people is the eastern timezone if that's what you wanna focus on, getting them to go is more important than the few western who have jobs ending at 5.  That's what I'm highlighting. 6-9 is much better for the west coast then 9-12 would be for eastern folk.  That's why it's pushing their agenda. 

The compromise solution is what we already have; we'll still lose the eastern peeps who need an earlier bedtime as well as the peeps who are off at 5.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

The solution to this problem has already been stated. Node wars shouldn't be at a static time, they should rotate the schedule from day to day so that no matter what time zone or schedule you have, you have the opportunity to participate. 

This isnt an east coast vs west coast thing. Its another use your brain Daum thing. 

People have been preparing for this content for months now, and the truth is, a good portion of the player base isn't going to be able to participate. They could easily open the window at different times on different days so that a guild that is mainly pst based could participate on the day the times were later and an est based guild could participate on a day when the times were earlier. We aren't talking massive differences, a couple hours either way. 

The lack of common sense over at Daum/PA is awful and its really getting tiresome. 

The content release timeline sucks, they are releasing node wars while there is still massive class imbalance (we have post awakening patches with no awakenings) and their priority is getting us Valencia for some odd reason. No one cares about Valencia, we want you to fix the desync, release awakenings, give us ninja, and start to use your brain when it comes to a content release timeline. 

2 people like this

Posted

I'll throw my hat into the ring of players who have spent oodles of money on the game. I'm west coast based. Me not being able to participate in what is the biggest PvP draw to play this game means I'll be taking my money and time elsewhere. 

Solution

Figure out how to distribute the nodes evenly so that multiple timezones have the same amount of Level 1, 2, and 3 nodes available to them.

Split it up into two or three time zones.

As far as i understand the silver value is based on node level so it really doesn't matter if we have to fight over some node no one is ever actually in, we will still get the bonus provided by the node level.

This is really just a big slap in the face to me, I've pulled many friends to play this game and have at this point "donated" a ton of money into the Daum coffers on a game I wont be able to enjoy because of the East-coast preference.

Posted

What time is node wars? i want to work it out for aussies prob be some stupid time like 3am :D

Posted

They would have ended 40minutes ago Karolin

Posted

They would have ended 40minutes ago Karolin

great its 1pm for me >.< guess no aussies will be doing node wars

Posted

I second that this needs to change. 

Posted

Yeah, this is crap.  Jerry, your main argument that they need to cater to EST because more people chose to live on the wrong side of the country is BS.  They should try to accommodate all of the player base, which means a fair solution would be to rotate the times instead of having them be static each day.  Letting everyone participate in some of the wars is better than only letting some people participate in all of the wars.

Posted (edited)

Where did I say I want it to start 8PM PST? My guild has a lot of east coast players, I don't want to screw them over. I only wanted it to move by 1 hour.

People are acting like being past your bed time is somehow equal to being at work? What a weak argument. One you can choose to stay up a little later to participate and lets be honest, a lot of people stay up way too late playing when they should be sleeping to get up for work rested anyways. The other option is a job where most don't have the luxury of simply leaving early. 

The best option would be staggered start times throughout the week for each grouping.

Edited by Flood
1 person likes this

Posted

They can easily make it one hour later, aka 6-9 PDT / 9-12 EDT, and still make everyone happy. Currently west coasters who have a regular job get completely shafted by this node war schedule. For me personally I worked extremely hard in this game in preparation for node wars and now I cannot make it to 5 out of 6 possible node war time slots. As a core member of a competitive guild I feel this is very unacceptable, as it almost completely defeats the purpose of me even playing this game.

Also come winter the schedule will become 4-7 PST / 7-10 EST, which will be even more ridiculous.

Please fix the time schedule by moving it 1 hour forward, or by spreading out the time slots every day so every one gets a chance, and adjust the schedule accordingly whenever we get/lose daylight savings.

I haven't visited the forums much since launch (Reddit is a tamer place than here, surprisingly). But I came here today to complain about this. My guild is 50/50 east/west coast NA. Having the start times at 5PM west coast time means that on a typical weekday roughly half of my guild won't be able to participate. It lasting 2-3 hours doesn't really help. Not everyone gets out of work at 5PM. Most professionals get out around 6PM and then you have the commute home.

If their plan all along was to make node wars during this time frame than they should have declared one of our three servers in NA a west coast server that can better cater to west and mountain time zones.