• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

91 posts in this topic

Posted

• Damage for Divine Power has been increased when it is used on players.

• Damage for Sharp Light will no longer decrease when it is used again during cool down time.

• Damage for Ultimate: Divine Power has been increased from 312% to 353%.

• Damage for Just Counter has been increased from 247% to 259%.

• Damage for Just Counter II has been increased from 386% to 412%.

• Damage for Just Counter III has been increased from 467% to 521%.

It looks like they buffed a skill no one uses due to it being slow and cost 100 points compared to the other classes updates I think we got ripped off lol

Posted (edited)

Say's who. DP was always better for GvG style combat. Not some arena/small scale dueling.

Ultimate DP done right pretty much KDs the entire area, being multi hit, no one, even resistance stands after a DP.

Sure it was costly, but what are you going to do as a valk in GvG?

Edited by Kuu

Posted

I agree I like DP but the cost is too high you have to bail on so many other things you could spend else where. Plus if you look at most builds no one specs in it. In fact I just got rid of it yesterday! *sigh*

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I still have it. I wish it give us front guard like Judgement of Light 

Wish the buff was a bit more significant though 

Edited by PuppetYuber

Posted (edited)

I'm playing Valkyrie since launch and i think they are -----ing with me. EVERY class has got so many buffs while Valk got ONE SKILL BUFFED. IT'S -----ING DUMB! We don't have mobility, we don't have damage, we don't have any cool abilities. Our 100% and 200% black spirit rage is a -----ing JOKE. Shining dash is another trash ability that none is using. Same for Graling Slash. They should delete some skills and replace them with some new ones. Maybe with abilities that are USEFULL!!

EDIT: AND OUR GAMEPLAY IS SPAMING SOJ AND CS IN PVP<< SO -----ING COOL!!

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by KZ45
2 people like this

Posted

I have mixed feelings about it, never took Divine Power due to its cost, and overall I also feel we lack something (some of our skill multipliers are kinda low). Just need to see how it performs, while re-grinding skill points :) 

Posted

Valkyrie just needs buffs. A lot. This class is almost unplayable. I want to reroll for ranger or berserk, but i feel sorry for my time i invested in Valk. I'll stick with Valk tho cause of this time...

Posted

Keep in mind these balance changes are meant for awakened classes.

Posted (edited)

Technically valks got the biggest buff this patch via indirectly. HP.

With HP inflation..., no one is going to heal that up with crappy L pots....except valks and breath...

And healing a zerker in a fight...wow....just wow... they already get like 500hp, what next 1k hp?

Edited by Kuu

Posted

There are seriously still people in this stage of the game who think valks are weak and require buff? O.o 

I'm not gonna spend time grinding for maxing DP, once awakening hits a lot of sword skills will require reset anyways. For those who say valks buff are insignificant in this patch note, keep in mind the balancing is done with awakening weapons in the equation. But that will make the adjustment even less significant xD

Posted

You also have to consider that we now can learn the mastery skills. So even less skill points available. Skilling DP now isnt that easy.

Posted

Wait wait... what?

Sharp Light, Divine power and Just Counter useless skills...? You're kidding, right? Those are the bread and butter of PvP valkyrie, sharp light knocks targets down and just counter deals decent damage while adding bleeding effect.

And divine power is a NUKE on GvG, its always hilarous to kill half the group with a well placed Ultimate divine power.

Posted

I love DP just saying the cost is really high and you have to give up a lot just to get it, it's only decent if you have the Ultimate.

Posted (edited)

You'd never use Sharp light on cooldown anyways since you want it for its SoJ shortcut or knockback, so that change means little for PvP at least  

The just counter buff is nice I guess, though it was never really used for the damage, and probably still won't be, but every little bit helps.

Can't really judge the Divine power buff, since I won't have enough skill points to try it out, hopefully in conjunction with this change "100% Critical will be applied when Smash Attack(Air Smash, Down Smash) is activated." it will be able to wreck people. I guess it's time to start grinding for skill points again...

Wish they did something to make Judgement of light less useless in PvP.

Compared to the amount of buffs other classes are getting, we probably did get screwed, but since warriors will no longer be able to do their grab > float combo, we didn't get screwed as much as them (unless we can no longer grab after "bound").

Edited by Climhazzard

Posted

Valk never gets true major buffs in KR history so dont exxcept much ... until we get awakening its a Meh class at best in relevant large scale pvp

Posted

Wish they did something to make Judgement of light less useless in PvP.

2 words: horse wizard.

Posted

tbh i think this buff is meh... but anyway i cant say valk is bad class... 

Posted

Well, i'd say we didn't get screwed, but it could be better, i wished for a buff for Divine Power, but not damage wise. I think the ultimate is kinda lacking, every halfway competent enemy guild will cc you faster than you can knockdown them. Superarmor would be nice to have for this skill. 

And to be honest it's kinda retarded to implent awakening patches alredy, cause you know there's no awakening  atm.

Posted (edited)

what about

" When enhancing Sub weapons(Accuracy and Defense) from +8 to +15, attack will increase +1 "

it looks like a nice buff though, using vanguards or kite we get about 8 AP on paper 

Edited by lollzz

Posted

I shelved my Valk for the time being.  It's pretty disappointing really and it's pretty clear why its not a very popular class.

My only hope is that once they are done tuning Zerker into a ridiculous class every single patch, they might turn their attention to Valks some.

Posted

Can't really judge the Divine power buff, since I won't have enough skill points to try it out, hopefully in conjunction with this change "100% Critical will be applied when Smash Attack(Air Smash, Down Smash) is activated." it will be able to wreck people. I guess it's time to start grinding for skill points again...

I'm glad someone got it. We are getting 350% auto crit x 9 hits with AOE knockdown. Hard to say it's useless, maybe a bit heavy in skill points though.

Posted

I'm glad someone got it. We are getting 350% auto crit x 9 hits with AOE knockdown. Hard to say it's useless, maybe a bit heavy in skill points though.

With a huge wind-up and no super armor meaning it is highly, highly situational still.

The general lack of super armor Valk has when doing anything but hiding behind a shield is what makes them subpar in larger fights.  Pop out of your shield to do anything and good luck not being CC'd/destroyed while on the frontline. 

Posted (edited)

With a huge wind-up and no super armor meaning it is highly, highly situational still.

The general lack of super armor Valk has when doing anything but hiding behind a shield is what makes them subpar in larger fights.  Pop out of your shield to do anything and good luck not being CC'd/destroyed while on the frontline. 

I didn't imply it was good in every situation or it was totally awesome and everyone should give up CS+SoJ to get it ^^.

We can't just say it's a bad skill because of the windup. I don't know for you but I don't get focused in large fights if I'm in a defending position because people tends (with good reason) to focus wizards/rangers first. If I want to protect them, Divine Power looks like a nice tool (I took it only recently, didn't had the occasion to really use it in that situation).

On the other hand, I would probably not use it on the offense just for the reason you stated (unless I get a super armor buff or something).

The fact that it is situational is why I think it may be a bit too heavy in skill points.

I would have preferred other things, like our spirit rage spenders to be tweaked but it's not happening so I try to find what may be interesting :)

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

So has anyone realised yet that for pvp Celestial Spear inflicts Bound

This means we wont be able to do celestial spear -> 3rd SoJ -> grab - > sharp light -> SOJ

now we can only do half of it? so our damage.... has been halved?

please someone tell me I'm wrong

Posted

I'm a bit disappointed reading the patch notes simply because they didn't even bother to fix anything. Rangers etc. get tooltips changed, wizards get superarmor during there casts, yet some of our skills are still buggy and glitched.

The tooltip of ST's flow still says that the damage depends on Shield Strike instead of ST, which is incorrect and simply a translation mistake!!

Judgement of Light's tooltip says that you have a defensive stance while casting it - this is true for the normal version, but you are very vulnerable while casting the 100% Rage version of it. This might be a design choice rather than a bug, but the tooltip should say so.

And I understand that with 700 skill points @ 55 I'm pretty average, but if I wanted to max out the infinite mastery skills and invest into divine power + sharp light, I'd either need another 100 skill points or compromise my mobility / support skills a lot and get rid of Righteos Charge ultimate, Elion's Blessing (which is useful especially while casting divine power...) and Heaven's Echo.

Yes, Just Counter is useful, too, but really not for its damage. You use it in PVP to inflict stiffness, then follow that up with a knockdown or grab. You use it in PVE to regenerate SP. But apart from that, there's simply a lot of better alternatives to cancel into the 3rd hit of SoJ more quickly. I couldn't really care less about a minor damage buff to JC.