• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

91 posts in this topic

Posted

There is no CC after the grab?

Where she grabs half way through that combo, from what we're reading you won't be able to do that anymore.

Posted

There is no CC after the grab?

There is, I use counter to apply floating, doesnt work on sorcs/wiz/bladers but it does on other classes.

Posted

There is, I use counter to apply floating, doesnt work on sorcs/wiz/bladers but it does on other classes.

After Sharp light > SoJ?  I didn't know you could do that to any class, I would experiment with it but I only have 2 days to take advantage of it... lol.

Posted (edited)

spear -> SoJ -> grab -> sharp light -> SoJ -> counter -> space -> SoJ

After Sharp light > SoJ?  I didn't know you could do that to any class, I would experiment with it but I only have 2 days to take advantage of it... lol.

Edit:

Make sure you take the maximum time from the first spear bound effect, the floating will not work if you do the full combo too fast. Like on the video you can see that i actually start a new SoJ rotation before the grab, that allows to do a bit more damage and buffer a bit before the grab.

I have 5 casting speed + 10% from awakening, this combo might not work without these.

On the video i use space after counter, this allows to cast the 3rd hit of SoJ directly after, but during a real fight I would most likely skip on the space and do a side dodge instead chained with 1 forward slash into SoJ 2nd hit -> SoJ final smash. This does a little more damage and makes it that you can still bail out in case the floating failed.

Edited by Patchouli
Added some explanations to how to do the combo
2 people like this

Posted

Isnt this CC too late after the grab? Looks like hes back up already.

There isn't, but celestial spear is bound/kd, so if grab is counted among the CC that no longer work after bound, then that combo won't work.  CS > SoJ > grab > sharp light > SoJ won't work.  It will severely gimp our overall ability to kill players, buff to divine power or no, that's why everyone is worried, but we won't really know for sure until after the patch.

This I see. Im concerned as well, but Im not sure if grabs are counted as normal CC and therefore affected by this change.

Posted

Isnt this CC too late after the grab? Looks like hes back up already.

It's not against classes that doesn't have teleport, because of desyc anything your target will cast when he gets up will not trigger before the floating, they will just get rubberbanded back into floating, which is also one of the reason why the location to where he lands after floating might not match where you see him on your screen.

But with classes that teleports, the teleport just get prioritized by the server or something. Which is why it's always such a pain fighting sorcs and it feels like they get up from KD's faster and teleports out of grabs.

Posted

I love the Just Counter into Shield strike then SoJ. By far my favorite  Soj combo.

Posted

i Do feel a little screwd for having get rid of DP when I used my 45 reset coupon. :(

Posted (edited)

I like them, I really wish they would change shield chase so that it's on par with other movement skills of classes that deal more damage than us. 

Shield chase feels almost broken, and 9 times out of 10 gets me killed, but no one else seems to have any trouble using their iframe while being hit. 

I love the Just Counter into Shield strike then SoJ. By far my favorite  Soj combo.

I would suggest no one do this in PvP, only use this combo in PvE. 

Edited by fariic@yahoo.com

Posted

Not really screwed in my case 'cause yes maybe they changed skill that i'm not using wet but if you look the patch note they have up the vangertz shield. And if i'm right we gonna have 7 more AP on it.

When enhancing Sub weapons(Accuracy and Defense) from +8 to +15, attack will increase +1

Obviously if you're using Bheg's gloves you don't need it but in my case it's a good up :).

Anyway Valk's will shine with the awekening weapon so wait and see ^^

Posted

I like them, I really wish they would change shield chase so that it's on par with other movement skills of classes that deal more damage than us. 

Shield chase feels almost broken, and 9 times out of 10 gets me killed, but no one else seems to have any trouble using their iframe while being hit. 

Why wouldn't you do this in PvP. The fact that it causes stiffness on the person, then a shield strike lvl 3 which stuns them, aims for a perfect SoJ combo.

Posted

If the stun on shield strike isn't resisted the combo works in PvP, and is pretty strong because if you knock someone down with SoJ you can do another SoJ before Grab.  Unfortunately the stun is usually resisted.

Posted (edited)

Why wouldn't you do this in PvP. The fact that it causes stiffness on the person, then a shield strike lvl 3 which stuns them, aims for a perfect SoJ combo.

You do Just Counter, Shield strike x3 and then SoJ ? Or Shield strike level 3 isn't working like the tooltip says and it stuns sooner than on the third hit ?

Edit : crap

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

• Damage for Divine Power has been increased when it is used on players.

• Damage for Sharp Light will no longer decrease when it is used again during cool down time.

• Damage for Ultimate: Divine Power has been increased from 312% to 353%.

• Damage for Just Counter has been increased from 247% to 259%.

• Damage for Just Counter II has been increased from 386% to 412%.

• Damage for Just Counter III has been increased from 467% to 521%.

It looks like they buffed a skill no one uses due to it being slow and cost 100 points compared to the other classes updates I think we got ripped off lol

Seems just counter buff was a hoax, I'm in game right now and lvl 3 is still 467%, All values didn't change, unless I've missed an annouce the patch was reverted I take this as a new sign of how up to date Daum really is....

Any comment @CM_Tytyes or @CM_Jouska ?

Posted

How about Divine Power?  Was it buffed or is it the same?

Warriors are reporting no change to their skills, maybe Valk got the same treatment.

Posted

How about Divine Power?  Was it buffed or is it the same?

Warriors are reporting no change to their skills, maybe Valk got the same treatment.

Can't really test it, need to reset skill and pick it, can't also say if the Just Counter was buffed or not (they may have just forgot to update the labels on the skill tooltip), damage seems the very same it was yesterday, but can't be 100% sure

Posted

Just Counter didn't do much damage in the first place, and the buff % was minor at best so you'd not likely notice much a difference before or after.

Posted

Tool tip didn't change, they probably didn't change it at all tbh. Sigh.

Posted

And dont even care about those skill changes. I do so much more damage now and Im so -----ing tanky. This patch was a HUGE buff.

Posted

I didn't notice any change in damage, like for warriors the floating combo i showed on the video doesn't work anymore.

But now our block +20DP buff stacks with the Heaven echo buff. So we get +20DP x2

Got scared when reading patch notes when they were posted but valks turned out much better then expected. Sorcs on the other hand.... 9_9

Posted

So, does CS->SoJ->grab work or not ? I`m not able to log since i`m just downloading the patch.

Posted (edited)

So, does CS->SoJ->grab work or not ? I`m not able to log since i`m just downloading the patch.

Yes it still does, but you cannot follow up with a floating after the grab. Divine power is still useless though imo.

Edited by Patchouli

Posted

Yes it still does, but you cannot follow up with a floating after the grab.

Meaning we cannot spear -> SoJ -> grab -> sharp light -> SoJ -> counter -> space -> SoJ ? If that is the case I can live with that. That combo doesn`t rly work 90% of the time due to latency/desync issues.

Posted

Meaning we cannot spear -> SoJ -> grab -> sharp light -> SoJ -> counter -> space -> SoJ ? If that is the case I can live with that. That combo doesn`t rly work 90% of the time due to latency/desync issues.

Yes exactly. Was nice when it did work though, now it wont work 100% of the time.

Posted

I didn't notice any change in damage, like for warriors the floating combo i showed on the video doesn't work anymore.

But now our block +20DP buff stacks with the Heaven echo buff. So we get +20DP x2

Got scared when reading patch notes when they were posted but valks turned out much better then expected. Sorcs on the other hand.... 9_9

Might be because of the rng stats changes (AP/DP scaling might have been a thing). But I tested it with my 55 valk against his 56 tamer. I melted him while I had could just stand there without worrying about taking damage. Pre-patch I had a much much harder time fighting him. I also easily survived a 2v1 later.