• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pvp [PvP][POOL] Can we help Daum to class balance?

Which classes need a balance?   77 votes

1. 1. Choose 1+ classes that in your opinion need a balance

• Valkyrie
    • Sorceress
    • Giant
    • Warrior
    • Wizard
  2. 2. Choose 1+ classes that in your opinion need a balance

• Tamer
    • Ranger

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

* I'll take this post always update, also after and during the release :P

First of all hi BDO Community!

In all MMO's class balance topic is always very delicate and complicate to face. Different players have different opinions, Fanboys wants always BUFF BUFF BUFF for them class, a single negative/positive experience can mark in a player the belief (often wrong) that one class is too op or too weak, when instead in reality differents come from Player skill and knowledge or a huge gear difference; Nobody forbids to make a try all togheter to write the positives and negatives aspect to each class and subsequently let DAUM balance all.

You must complete this empty scheme with your opinion and your ideas:

NB: Please if you don't have a complete and deep Knowledge based on personal experience on what you say avoid to Post!

[Class] 

Positive points:

Negative Points

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll update this following scheme after each Feedback (When i'm online)for now i write only my opnion: 

NB: Consider that many points are related to the class, obviusly all classes have positive and negative aspects, i'll mark them with a #

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Wizard] 

Positive points:

Negative Points

*Hypoflex:  Wizards deals way too much damage compared to other classes

[Warrior] 

Positive points:

• Nice frontal shield system, if you have a perfect timing you can block the strongest other classes skills
  • Nice cc/grapple control
  • Although the one-hand sword, it has a nice damage (mostly down attack)

Negative Points

• Rush and ranged CC can't always compensate its low mobility

[Tamer] 

Positive points:

• Best class before an 50+ end game stats
  • Nice I-frame evade, a while timed WW can dodge all types of skills
  • Sometimes Heilang can save you
  • Nice in all PvE mechanics

Negative Points

• Too knock dependent, Knockdown resist delete most of Tamer powers
  • Knock Animation too slow
  • Too many useless skills
  • Koinzellpet instantly dies on 16+ upgrade
  • Squishy for its low defence and HP   #
  • No skills buff except for Heilang absorbiation
  • Completely Heilang dependent    #

[Giant/Berseker] 

Positive points:

• Nice grapple CC combos
  • Nice DPS
  • Nice amount of HP    #

Negative Points

• Low moblity   #
  • Melee class with no defensive skills    #

[Valikria] 

Positive points:

• Nice buff and soustain
  • Nice CC, single and AOE
  • Nice DPS also with one-hand sword

Negative Points

• Low mobility, but i'll wait for a better feedback

[Ranger] 

Positive points:

• Crazy DPS and burst damage
  • Nice mobility and movement speed    #
  • Nice GvG utility
  • Its passive forces HP for damage, so worth

Negative Points

• Too easy 1-shot players with Q animation cut, often you don't need a real Combo
  • Almost 0 CC    #
  • An overgeared Ranger can delete easily lot of targets
  • Squishy for low Defense    #

[Sorceress] 

Positive points:

• One of best CC and damage combos
  • Nice soustain with Bloody calamity
  • Op dodge, well timed teleport can neutralise all types of skills    #
  • Sorc has all type of skills: Knock (ranged, melee, aoe and single target), stun, damage, shield, evade, sosutain, buffs

Negative Points

• Hard to play    #
  • Squishy for its low defense and HP    #
Edited by Yuuki

Posted

They'll never get proper info on a discussion open to everyone. I mean every random-bob who just found the game can vote give feedback that pulled out of his ass.

The best way to balance the classes/game is wait a while after the game goes live and invite only the top PvP guilds/players in a private discussion imho.

5 people like this

Posted

They'll never get proper info on a discussion open to everyone. I mean every random-bob who just found the game can vote give feedback that pulled out of his ass.

The best way to balance the classes/game is wait a while after the game goes live and invite only the top PvP guilds/players in a private discussion imho.

I know, but make a try :P

Posted (edited)

I think people will begin to complain themselves when one class is too strong, so I would just wait till release and then deal with it then. I think DAUM does a good job of listening to players and I expect the same after release. I think it's too soon to ask for re-balancing when the game isn't out yet in NA/EU.

Edited by Suri

Posted

I think people will begin to complain themselves when one class is too strong, so I would just wait till release and then deal with it then. I think DAUM does a good job of listening to players and I expect the same after release. I think it's too soon to ask for re-balancing when the game isn't out yet in NA/EU.

Lot of players play since Korean CBT1, i play since CBT1 RU, we can do a try to make this game better from the start  or 1-2 patches!

This isn't a new game guys, it's only new servers!

Posted

Lot of players play since Korean CBT1, i play since CBT1 RU, we can do a try to make this game better from the start  or 1-2 patches!

This isn't a new game guys, it's only new servers!

Each server is different and so are the players, I would let the community decide on what's fair and what's not when the time comes, but that's just what I think is the best method since I feel that more important things to do before release rather than focus on re-balancing the game.

Posted

Nope, not gonna vote. These threads are bullshit until NA/EU goes live.

Posted

nothing much to add to the tamer part, maybe that the pet instantly dies on 16+

2 people like this

Posted

A large portion of people barely have a week of experience in BDO. I highly doubt that's enough to make a solid call on anything that needs "balance".

Posted (edited)

.....Did you seriously create this topic when most of the people don't even know what lvl 50 is like?

Edited by Ames

Posted

nothing much to add to the tamer part, maybe that the pet instantly dies on 16+

Added!

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizards deals way too much damage compared to other classes, specially like the sorcerer. a level 20 wizard can take a group of level 26 monsters without a problem where a sorcerer will have a super hard time

Posted

Is this a class balance discussion for Ru/JP/KR version of the game?

Posted

What is a Valkiria? :o

Posted

What is a Valkiria? :o

Google says:

Valkiria.thumb.PNG.df5ba21dfcbcda9ea6958

Posted

Didn't know Ranger had a perma death kill option...

Posted

This is dumb. Tamers will be OP with a +15 gear cap. Then rangers do pretty well afterward. The classes are all pretty balanced. 

(I swear if I see that ranger 1 v 50 vid one more time... )

Skilled players > non Skilled players - period. If you complain about gear then you haven't put the time in to acquire it.

Posted

Wizards deals way too much damage compared to other classes, specially like the sorcerer. a level 20 wizard can take a group of level 26 monsters without a problem where a sorcerer will have a super hard time

Added!

Posted

This is dumb. Tamers will be OP with a +15 gear cap. Then rangers do pretty well afterward. The classes are all pretty balanced. 

(I swear if I see that ranger 1 v 50 vid one more time... )

Skilled players > non Skilled players - period. If you complain about gear then you haven't put the time in to acquire it.

eh, tamers aren't that op at +15, not with the many nerfs they got in the past, and with mostly having KD CC on slow cast animations

2 people like this

Posted

I would just like longer fights across the board by making damaging less for all class's.

longer fight=more tactical

2 people like this

Posted

I would just like longer fights across the board by making damaging less for all class's.

longer fight=more tactical

well, right now it's kind of inbetween instagib and actual fights, but it would take a lot of work to rebalance it all

Posted

well, right now it's kind of inbetween instagib and actual fights, but it would take a lot of work to rebalance it all

i agree, the balancing would be hard as less damage would mean overly effective pots, unbreakable blocks, and likely other issues

Posted

Is this a class balance discussion for Ru/JP/KR version of the game?

For all replies like this, this 3D can survive also after release, i'll take it always update, at the moment if you are a new player (noob :P) you can read and learn about all classes qualities!

Posted

For all replies like this, this 3D can survive also after release, i'll take it always update, at the moment if you are a new player (noob :P) you can read and learn about all classes qualities!

Well idk about you but i always find experience vs theory a bit flawed in balancing without experiencing something.

Posted

Well idk about you but i always find experience vs theory a bit flawed in balancing without experiencing something.

And so you can shut up and learn something about all classes :P