• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

so, what makes a good leader?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been following my own leader understanding him like an apprentice and I would like to know what you guys think a leader should be like!

Posted (edited)

I've been following my own leader understanding him like an apprentice and I would like to know what you guys think a leader should be like!

A good leader would be a person who cares for the people he/she are in charge of, who lead his/her people to make decisions that are best for everyone and not just him/herself, who are not "proud" or "haughty" but see themselves as equal to his/her people but does not get too comfortable, never slacks off and shows his/her people what true leadership is, a good leader should NEVER be greedy, rude, or immature and should never treat his/her people as below him/herself.

200.gif

~ Akurei

Edited by Akurei
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A leader should be able to convince at least one other person to follow him/her....

Edited by Oneill

Posted (edited)

A leader should be someone that convinces at least one other person to follow him/her.

Lots of dictators convince at least one person to follow him, but does that make him a good leader?

Edited by Akurei

Posted (edited)

Hitler convinced at least one person to follow him, but did that make him a good leader?

Yes, objectively he was a very good leader.

Edit: Akurei changed his post. But yes, if they were able to, they were doing something right as a leader, objectively speaking.
e.g Being a good tyrant.

Edited by Fumiyu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hitler convinced at least one person to follow him, but did that make him a good leader?

Yes it did, from what I have read he was an extremely charismatic leader, I doubt there has ever been a more compelling leader in history as perceived by the people of that time. Some of his policies and world views weren't so great but as a leader he was pretty amazing.

Edited by Oneill

Posted

A good leader would be a person who cares for the people he/she are in charge of, who lead his/her people to make decisions that are best for everyone and not just him/herself, who are not "proud" or "haughty" but see themselves as equal to his/her people but does not get too comfortable, never slacks off and shows his/her people what true leadership is, a good leader should NEVER be greedy, rude, or immature and should never treat his/her people as below him/herself.

200.gif

~ Akurei

I think leaders should have both pride and greed, but in the manner of being proud of their guild, and greedy enough to always want more for it. 

I think the most important thing in a leader is being decisive and quick to act, being understanding, and being strong-willed without being closed-minded. 

Yes it did, from what I have read he was an extremely charismatic leader, I doubt there has ever been a more compelling leader in history as perceived by the people of that time. His policies and world views weren't so great but as a leader he was pretty amazing.

He was great as a politician, and was absurdly charismatic, but his actual military decisions left a lot to be desired.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes it did, from what I have read he was an extremely charismatic leader, I doubt there has ever been a more compelling leader in history as perceived by the people of that time. His policies and world views weren't so great but as a leader he was pretty amazing.

Good point, I respect your opinion on the matter.

I think leaders should have both pride and greed, but in the manner of being proud of their guild, and greedy enough to always want more for it. 

I think the most important thing in a leader is being decisive and quick to act, being understanding, and being strong-willed without being closed-minded. 

He was great as a politician, and was absurdly charismatic, but his actual military decisions left a lot to be desired.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "proud", it is fine to be proud of your guild's progress for example being happy for the guild for going far, but what I meant by "proud" was haughty, meaning the leader has the mindset that he thinks he is better than everyone else, that is what "proud" means, haughty.

Posted

Someone that understand he/she is not special and is absolutely nothing without his/her guildmates. Someone that can make a choice on difficult situations. Someone fair to all their guildmates equally. A good friend. That's someone I'd follow.

Posted (edited)

As for my actual opinion on what makes a good leader, its hard to say. I believe a leader can only be gauged based on those that follow him. Some people might follow the charismatic leader whereas others may require a leader that is "proud" or "haughty". Hell greed is almost required if you plan on leading pirates, and some people want to follow that leader that's rude and treats everyone like dirt. Attila and Genghis Khan by all accounts were extremely cruel and at the same time great leaders.

This topic should be renamed "who is your ideal leader" because people follow different types.

Edited by Oneill
1 person likes this

Posted

Micro transactions :v) 

Posted

A good leader knows what his peers want, so if the goal is shared with everyone else there is an objective in following such leader and at a second hand, how the goal is achieved and what methods are employed at the given tasks at hand, will at some point discourage some and entice others, so a balance need to be had of brutality and diplomacy showing that the leader is in fact not a one trick pony who knows what tactic is important at the given time, listening to advice, hearing from his peers and weighting in the facts of a matter to come into a conclusion that will benefit the many.

I like pancakes so my ideal leader is a pancake.

Captain-Pancakes.gif

Admiral pancakes, i would follow this delicious bastard be it to heaven or hell.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

a leader should firstly know how it all works and should have been in another organised guild as a normal member.

He should care for his guild members and never even think of leaving them. If he is tired of the game appoint a different leader or try a merge(not good experience with that though). But never just leave or slack around.

he should know that whatever he does and represents, will have an effect on the guildies that are in that guild. They "follow" his behavior as an example. If you have a leader who trashtalks alot, thats gonna happen more in that guild for example.

Also an important one is the ability to "scan" people. know when drama is forming, know when people are walking on edge or crossing limits, knowing when something is not right, or if someone does not belong in the guild. Not many leaders have this ability.

A leader should also never be afraid to speak up and confront people.

Finally, be determined into being a success.

Thats all that comes in mind.

EDIT: a leader should know that leading a organised guild, is not an easy task. its also time-consuming.

Edited by Konijntje

Posted

I think you should stop making these posts about WHAT SHOULD I DO TO BE A LEADER!!! stop being delusional. If you have to ask for advice to be a leader you are not a leader simple. There is your answer gratz

1 person likes this

Posted

I think leaders should have both pride and greed

Good answer. You speak with wisdom. However, I would submit a different answer. The will to destroy. Destroy the world, and even one's self.

1 person likes this

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

From experience, a good leader, is someone who provides good results with their leading, makes decisions well, but also takes responsibility for when things ----- up. Anything else is situational.

Posted

Good answer. You speak with wisdom. However, I would submit a different answer. The will to destroy. Destroy the world, and even one's self.

Lelouch so win. 

Posted

I would have to agree With Solemnace, as leader you do have to be the most prideful and greediest. To add to that your beliefs/dreams must be strong enough to be embodied by all of your team/followers becoming there dream as well, they must feel the passion in WHY you do what you do. Being very confident always helps might come off wrong or crazy to some but people will understand with time.

If we talking about battle smarts lol  you know the normal be quick at making calls, team should always be willing to go in even after you know its bad without hesitation. Winning the battle before it even starts is probably most important.

I think a better question Is do you really want to lead?

Posted (edited)

one that measures his or her own success not by their own achievements but by the ones he or she leads

Edited by bdo77

Posted (edited)

One who is on equal level with the brothers and sisters they fight beside, regardless of any petty bullshit.

Bleed Together, Fight Forever.

Leader of the Warriors Brotherhood Guild.

Edited by War

Posted

One who is on equal level with the brothers and sisters they fight beside, regardless of any petty bullshit.

Bleed Together, Fight Forever.

Leader of the Warriors Brotherhood Guild.

I don't know, a leader cant be on an equal level with those he leads because well, hes the leader. Sure you can lead by example in some things but you will always be on a higher level because a dead leader isn't leading anymore, you are the #1 target. You better be damn well confident in your or your followers abilities to keep you alive because everyone will be gunning for you.

Posted

Good leader gets things done on a macro scale. Judging from your current behavior, I doubt you'll ever qualify to become one, so it's preety pointless to ask default_kcn0YdV.png

Posted

I would have to agree With Solemnace, as leader you do have to be the most prideful and greediest. To add to that your beliefs/dreams must be strong enough to be embodied by all of your team/followers becoming there dream as well, they must feel the passion in WHY you do what you do. Being very confident always helps might come off wrong or crazy to some but people will understand with time.

If we talking about battle smarts lol  you know the normal be quick at making calls, team should always be willing to go in even after you know its bad without hesitation. Winning the battle before it even starts is probably most important.

I think a better question Is do you really want to lead?

A leader must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The leader is the one who collects the envy of all his members and stands as their guide. The leader lives to the fullest! He needs to live more fully than anyone else. He is a figure of admiration to his members! The leader must be greedier than any other. He must laugh louder and rage harder. He must exemplify the extreme of all things, good and evil. That is why his members envy and adore him. And why the flames of aspiration, to be as the leader is, can burn within his members.

1 person likes this

Posted

By no means an all-encompassing definition, but I think a good leader should be capable of seeing what is successful and what is unsuccessful (and by how much, why, etc.) in terms of his/her goals, with the capability to change based on those successes or failures.