• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Age-Locked classes

59 posts in this topic

Posted

c'mon! 30 aint old!

1 person likes this

Posted

We need younger Wizards so bad. Also why are all the other classes like18-20 years old? DX Is that LORE friendly? -_- The NPC's have a much broader age range, regardless of Class. 

Why can't we add wrinkles or smooth skin to any Class? Even the Tamers, I have seen kids with forehead wrinkles. I Have a friend that had forehead wrinkles as a BABY! So its not like it is impossible! I am not talking Benjamin Button level of old man child, just some creases if we want.

No instead Wizards are grossly wrinkled and everyone else has smooth flawless skin.

I have seen old guys in their 90s with less wrinkles than the Wizards in BDO have. Not everyone looks that bad when they get old, my goodness.

On a side note, where in this lore everyone talks about does it say Males take longer to learn Magic than Females?o.O

Posted

c'mon! 30 aint old!

Alright, you've got me. But I want to play a 20s wizard gdi!

Posted

Lore says that females are born with talent for magic while males have to work hard for it*. Also witch has the same skills as wizard but sooner or later they will change a bit** (similar to the difference between blader and plum).

* this information is based on some comments from other threads, I can't confirm nor deny it because I'm waiting for official translation of lore/game

I though that was a fan fiction written and posted on a fan site (black-desert i THINK) under "story" tab that everyone took as actual lore and has been passing around to eachother. (At this point it's become a BD community lore)

It mostly had to do with sorceress, and claimed that females were inherently better than males. Yet the village of tarif (spelling might be wrong) has male, female, giants, and children, young and old all having sorcerer like titles. Thus disproving it's only women.

I think the worst part about the wizard being old is that the witch is super young comparatively.  :/ clearly biased. I think it's more to do with Korea wanting to play as either good looking women or stero types, like a swol warrior or gandalf. 

Really Black Desert has more of a character editor, not creator at this point. Even gender equivalents for the classes came out after it's release (and not everyone has theirs) and most of the English speaking players don't have legit lore to go off on. I think the world doesn't even have a name yet. O.o 

Anyway, all for more options, there should be young wizards and old tamers as options!  

+1

Posted (edited)

Honestly, the sorceress being gender locked is awesome. It is homage to the original greatness of Diablo 2. The action RPG king! Or at least it was very popular in korea, and I hear even in america...lmao

She was gender locked and nobody complained. What's all this BS that's happening now about equal rights for male sorcerers? Next thing you know, you'll even want male sorcs to have the right to vote and even learn to read!

You know what happened the last time we let males use magic and learn to read?!?!?

Wizards!

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted (edited)

Wow that idea sounds nice I want to play a 2 years old baby pls fix it. :) 

NO AGE LOCK! *trollmode off*

*EDIT sry but I don't think that needs to be changed thats why I made another "age lock" scenario.

Edited by Dreamless

Posted

Judging by the fact that they have only one build for each class, it's unlikely. I'd rather they work on content then rebuilding an entire model to allow you to look younger.

Posted

Judging by the fact that they have only one build for each class, it's unlikely. I'd rather they work on content then rebuilding an entire model to allow you to look younger.

I don't think it'd be as hard as you think. For Wizard, all they'd have to do is create new skin textures for his face so that if we set the wrinkles to "0" he won't actually have any. As for his body, it's pretty average for a male who obviously doesn't do much physical work whether he's young or not, so I think that could be left alone with maybe some minor modifications. No need to rebuild the entire model at all.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

agree for younger wizard.

they can just take bodyshape from blader (the only slender - less muscled body ingame atm) and new face skin without wrinkles, add one option choice and voilà; everyone (and me) is happy.

and one more thing: there is NO ORIGINAL LORE which say that male wizard must be old man! and i mean of BlackDesert the game itself, NOT from random books.

Edited by Ren
2 people like this

Posted

agree for younger wizard.

they can just take bodyshape from blader (the only slender - less muscled body ingame atm) and new face skin without wrinkles, add one option choice and voilà; everyone (and me) is happy.

and one more thing: there is NO ORIGINAL LORE which say that male wizard must be old man!

Sure there is

silm.jpg

4302667-7277254083-ganda.jpg

Posted

I don't think it'd be as hard as you think. For Wizard, all they'd have to do is create new skin textures for his face so that if we set the wrinkles to "0" he won't actually have any. As for his body, it's pretty average for a male who obviously doesn't do much physical work whether he's young or not, so I think that could be left alone with maybe some minor modifications. No need to rebuild the entire model at all.

Exactly. It be very easy to make some none wrinkled Bump Maps with matching textures. That’s how they make Skyrim characters look young with Mods, since everyone in vanilla Skyrim is wrinkled and dirty DX

In fact, if they would let us use Mods (texture mods only visible to user, nothing to change game) then I could do it myself -_-

I guess they think only the girls deserve smooth skin textures. 

Posted

i agree with him saying that a character should be able to be personalized to his needs though

Posted

why not just make every class able to look like every other class of the same gender? easy fix

Posted

why not just make every class able to look like every other class of the same gender? easy fix

not so easy when each class has special animations, for pretty much everything they do. 

All the animations would have to be remade from scratch, time and money that could be spent on new classes like I dunno, the existing classes gender equivalents.

Younger wizard and older tamer, Yes as that could mostly be face and body re-textures. But I don't think redoing it all would be worth it at this point. As they've already decided on character editor and not creation. (Ie, elfs are stuck always being archers)

Posted

Training to be a wizard takes quite long so no young man can become one. The wizards are still searching for a spell that can make them look young again though

Witch is another story, they're born with the abilities

This is not accurate lore. There are young male magic users in game. You're quoting some fan made thing that has nothing to do with lore.

Posted (edited)

This is not accurate lore. There are young male magic users in game. You're quoting some fan made thing that has nothing to do with lore.

seriously? I was just joking

Edited by Misa

Posted

Everyone's talking about younger wizards, what about witch girls, though?

runevol6-3.jpg

Posted

I am not playing this game until we get younger wizards. This game flaunts the character customization more than any game out there (for good reason), and all of these restrictions is a complete and utter waste. I (and many others) want to be able to portray a fantasy representation of themselves in an MMO. I am 24. I do not want to be portrayed as 65. It is not rocket science. Not lore friendly? I have yet to play an MMO (or any other game) with a lore I actually find interesting and care about to such an extent that it would be OK for the character creation to be so unbelievably restricted.
You are free to have your own opinion about the lore but this is mine, and there are plenty of other games out there I can play which allow such simple freedoms.

Posted (edited)

I wish I could give my Tamer boobs, but they remain perpetually prepubescent. 

Each class has many vain limitations that people would like to see changed, they're all race and at least somewhat gender locked(aside from Wizard/Witch currently being mirrored). 

But at least we're not playing The Darkest Dungeon with Barbie and Ken. 

Edit: I get it though. Male characters have the short end of the stick in this game. 

Edited by Delacroix

Posted

+1

Posted

Anything that allows for more free customization I am on board with. Why not also make it so witches don't have to look like little girls?

Posted

I'd also enjoy a young wizard myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

i really feel you guys , i really hope they change it before release or i don't know wich class i should pick , i prefer a male class that looks of normale age , we are forced to pick the warrior :/

Posted (edited)

Training to be a wizard takes quite long so no young man can become one. The wizards are still searching for a spell that can make them look young again though

Witch is another story, they're born with the abilities

This^^^^

Edited by Cripzore

Posted

This^^^^

Do you have ANY proof of this? I've asked a dozen different people if there is any quote or source for this? And so far no, there hasn't been. There are even male young Sorc and Wizards NPCs in the game world. Hell, there is even a CHILD male sorc NPC. Don't see anything that confirms this 'lore' that keeps getting tossed around on the forums.