• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Devs Team communication regarding Patch 17.06

264 posts in this topic

Posted

6 june and 9 june, KR patch note:

http://bbs.black.game.daum.net/gaia/do/black/update/read?articleId=306&pageIndex=1&bbsId=BDN002

http://bbs.black.game.daum.net/gaia/do/black/update/read?articleId=308&pageIndex=1&bbsId=BDN002

Please... you just apply the last KR patch. That's all. A patch for a version with some features like:

- Valencia part 2

- +20 enchant

- Whales and bat hunt

- Awakenings

- Valencia part 3 soon.

In the beginning, you applyed specifics patchs for EU/NA . Now, you apply the last KR patch. That's why so many things are broken. That's why there is so many bugs.

@Aretoth : It isn't. Sorc still well and balanced in KR. Not broken like here.

Wrong, The newest Patchnotes from Korea show they have the same issue there. How could it be different though, since we got the exact same balance patch as KR and RU got .

Posted

Wrong, The newest Patchnotes from Korea show they have the same issue there. How could it be different though, since we got the exact same balance patch as KR and RU got .

Wrong, we had many patchs which were different than others versions. Then, they applied the last KR patch on it.

And bug still bug, not a "nerf".

Anyway, EU/NA CMs said the patch was about classes balance without awakening considerations, but it is not true. KR patch is for classes balance, and awakening are considered.

Posted (edited)

• Monster Balance + Possible PvP Enable Quest lvl 50 ?

There are total 12 classes in BDO now and all of their awakenings will be added soon. Also we will constantly expend class variety in the future.

We're trying our best to make every class unique and hope that more users would enjoy various experience with each classes.

So we concluded that lowering the leveling difficulty will boost up the speed for leveling characters which is suit for our intention that is to give players more variety in the class experience.

If a meaningful amount of users keep request, we are open to change the PvP Enable Quest to lv 50.

Best regards, 

The BDO Team

Change the pvp level back to 50. I think it was a bad idea to have that start at 45, since the majority of people leveling 45-50 will not be fully geared, may not want to pvp, and will get chased out of leveling areas. 

All that should happen in the later areas with helms etc, not the beginner zones.

Edited by Izakku
1 person likes this

Posted

plz check the balance changes again... you gave us awakining balance without them. Furthermore plz dont give us half patchnotes or even false ones...

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait are you actually complaining about playing the best class in every scenario (next to Berzerker)right now? You are playing the most broken class at all, because it is balanced around not having awakening weapons, while all other classes are balanced as if they had the awakening weapons (which is not the case yet). Asking for rebalance in your position would not be very intelligent, since the only way to balance wizard/witches right now would be to take away something from them/nerf them, and not buff them.

are you crazy? Wiz/Witch cant match the DPS of a Ranger/Sorc. We have no mobility and its VERY difficult to evade or fight a Ranger/Sorc. Sure, we do fine vs the melee classes if you know what your doing. but even then, we are assuming that you have better gear AND are able to get the drop on someone.

Wiz is the WEAKEST general class right now.  Node Wars is the only thing that we REALLY excel at.

Posted (edited)

If a meaningful amount of users keep request, we are open to change the PvP Enable Quest to lv 50.

This would make a lot of sense. A lot of people despise PVP, especially crafters. Being able to cap at 49.99 by not finishing the story line makes everyone happy except for griefers who kill people for sport.

Edited by Lonkley
1 person likes this

Posted

are you crazy? Wiz/Witch cant match the DPS of a Ranger/Sorc. We have no mobility and its VERY difficult to evade or fight a Ranger/Sorc. Sure, we do fine vs the melee classes if you know what your doing. but even then, we are assuming that you have better gear AND are able to get the drop on someone.

Wiz is the WEAKEST general class right now.  Node Wars is the only thing that we REALLY excel at.

Its cute that you can match single target dps with your aoe class... :D And you can match 2 of them when you have 2 targets.. And 3 with 3.. And so on... :D

Posted

Yes! Level 50 pvp just makes more sense, most people leveling 45-50 wont have competitive gear and are focused on leveling/PvE, not pvping.

-Ullru

Posted (edited)

Its cute that you can match single target dps with your aoe class... :D And you can match 2 of them when you have 2 targets.. And 3 with 3.. And so on... :D

you are missing the whole point. in a game that is DESIGNED to be all about territory control, fighting 1v1, 5v5, fighting over mob spawns. every little aspect of classes comes into play.  Wizards CANNOT MATCH dps with other dps classes. they do better in groups because for example. if a Ranger can blast for 2000 DPS in a very close area, but a wizard can only do 1200 in a wide area, it becomes beneficial in a group setting because you are hitting more targets which means more actual DPS.  however, outside of that matchup whether its PvE or PvP the wizard is SORELY outclassed. now I am talking about equal skill and equal gear. obviously a wizard who has memorized every other classes animations to know exactly when to fire off a fireball based on the arc that a ranger is falling at and based on exactly where the sorc, tamer, whatever is mid jump, dive, teleport then sure. but that is night and day in terms of game knowledge, skill, focus, etc. a ranger doesn't need to do that, a sorc doesn't (albeit a sorc has more individual skill requirements). THAT is my issue. Assuming Equal skill and equal gear you will lose against most classes as a wizard 90% of the time unless you have a host of people babysitting you. and even then, a pesky sorc might break the line and 2 shot you (with equal gear)

there are numerous videos, threads and complaints about this. i am not the only one. and its across ALL skill levels. a Wizard should not have to memorize EVERY SINGLE CLASSES skill and animation rotations and movements just to be competitive. thats silly.  

Edit -- The biggest weakness a wizard has is the fact that they have no mobility (addressed VERY slightly in the latest patch, but barely noticeable) and that they have massive cooldowns with none of the cheating cancels that allow other classes to spam certain skills.  once i fire a fireball and a sorc instantly teleports out of the stun. im out of the fight because i have to wait for that cooldown to finish meanwhile im already dead from being stunned from behind and 2 shot.    same goes for Warriors, Rangers, Zerkers. the ENTIRE class is dependent on one or two long cooldown disable effects that are hard to land with desync and the idea of animation cancels and iframes. its silly. THAT is my issue with Wizards. they have no way to counter that unless you have a massive amount more skill and class knowledge

Edited by Thronnos

Posted

Check the Wiz-Threads.
Even Wizards say the Class is damn strong now.
Maybe u go and get some advices from them..

1 person likes this

Posted

So there's no possibility for any kind of compensation? Just a slap in the face for the greater good? Compensating them would be fair and wouldn't affect other people. But you rather refund the ghillie suits that still work fine in open world and gvg's...

For goodness sake, as a artisan 9 processing, I don't have a single level 10 node because I chose to invest into that lifeskill...

This has been known to be coming a long time... its this way on KR, and its been in the works a while.

you are missing the whole point. in a game that is DESIGNED to be all about territory control, fighting 1v1, 5v5, fighting over mob spawns. every little aspect of classes comes into play.  Wizards CANNOT MATCH dps with other dps classes. they do better in groups because for example. if a Ranger can blast for 2000 DPS in a very close area, but a wizard can only do 1200 in a wide area, it becomes beneficial in a group setting because you are hitting more targets which means more actual DPS.  however, outside of that matchup whether its PvE or PvP the wizard is SORELY outclassed. now I am talking about equal skill and equal gear. obviously a wizard who has memorized every other classes animations to know exactly when to fire off a fireball based on the arc that a ranger is falling at and based on exactly where the sorc, tamer, whatever is mid jump, dive, teleport then sure. but that is night and day in terms of game knowledge, skill, focus, etc. a ranger doesn't need to do that, a sorc doesn't (albeit a sorc has more individual skill requirements). THAT is my issue. Assuming Equal skill and equal gear you will lose against most classes as a wizard 90% of the time unless you have a host of people babysitting you. and even then, a pesky sorc might break the line and 2 shot you (with equal gear)

there are numerous videos, threads and complaints about this. i am not the only one. and its across ALL skill levels. a Wizard should not have to memorize EVERY SINGLE CLASSES skill and animation rotations and movements just to be competitive. thats silly.  

Edit -- The biggest weakness a wizard has is the fact that they have no mobility (addressed VERY slightly in the latest patch, but barely noticeable) and that they have massive cooldowns with none of the cheating cancels that allow other classes to spam certain skills.  once i fire a fireball and a sorc instantly teleports out of the stun. im out of the fight because i have to wait for that cooldown to finish meanwhile im already dead from being stunned from behind and 2 shot.    same goes for Warriors, Rangers, Zerkers. the ENTIRE class is dependent on one or two long cooldown disable effects that are hard to land with desync and the idea of animation cancels and iframes. its silly. THAT is my issue with Wizards. they have no way to counter that unless you have a massive amount more skill and class knowledge

Rangers were nerfed to shit son. Do your homework. Shotgun does less than half what it did before.

Wizzies are overtuned to hell in back right now with their dmg output.

Posted

please raise pvp lvl to 50 and activate quest. atm the only thing i wanna do is farming, and with the new xp i got to 49,999 in 3 days.

1 person likes this

Posted

An old thread, yes, but I'd like a PVP enable quest. Also, see the forum for the request to sticky a poll for having a quest to unlock PVP.

Posted

An old thread, yes, but I'd like a PVP enable quest. Also, see the forum for the request to sticky a poll for having a quest to unlock PVP.

They upped minimum lvl to PVP to 50. Unless you do a quest, you're stuck at 49 99.999%. So here you have it, there's a quest to unlock PVP now. Kind of.