• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Devs Team communication regarding Patch 17.06

264 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear community,

we are aware that there were many open questions about our recent patch notes [link], so we wanted to take our time to discuss your feedback with our developers and ask them for their intentions behind their decisions. Below you will find a few explanations about their intention behind the recent changes and direction in general. 

• What was the intent behind changing the Processing feature ?

Our intention behind this change is to make Life contents more approachable for everyone. Since there will be much more Life content with bigger scales that needs a lot of raw materials coming up, we want our users to feel free to explore further and enjoy much more of our well-made in game content.

After much consideration, we came to the conclusion of removing the energy consuming from the processing skills. Those users who already invested a lot in processing skills can be dissatisfied with this change. But overall this action will let more users enjoy variety of Life contents in game.

Unlike the existing concerns of some users, this change will not cause dramatic price drops of processing items on the market. Also, we are always trying to prevent the price drops of existing items caused by any changes.

We are expecting this change will increase the needs of various mid-materials and will activate the other Life contents as a result.

• Why did you change the Ghillie suit ?

After consideration we have decided to offer a refund to anyone who purchased the Ghillie suit between the 18th of May and 14th of June. To do so simply contact our support team. 

Since the red battle field and node/siege wars are the special and exclusive features in BDO that is different from the other ordinary fields in game, we concluded that knowing the identity of others at combat will set fair competitive environment and encourage players to enjoy war contents more.

Also in node and siege warfare situations, there is more chances of numerous players to battle in a small limited area and it would be more likely several Guilds’ war than one Guild vs another.

We concluded that hiding Name Tag will cause inconvenience in those case. This change will be applied to all countries after the discussion with each region’s publishers. For other open field activities including Guild War, Name Tag will NOT be displayed.

• Can you develop a bit regarding the changes coming for every classes

Class Balance was carefully adjusted based on actual in game data of NONE Awakenings. We made much more of our effort to balance these None Awakening Classes since this is the essential stage that leads every user to the next level; The Awakenings.

Every each adjustment is relied on individuality of all classes and the relativeness in the goal of power equality. Some classes got buffs for combats while the others got buffs for convenience.

It may not be satisfying, but we are constantly making extra effort and always trying our best to keep the balance even. We are aware of how important this issue is and how difficult to reach this goal. Please continue observing how our effort is working out.

• Are we going to receive a free skill reset with all those big changes ?

Actually we are currently in the process of developing a revamped skill system. The development time will require hopefully only a few weeks, however we see the necessity to offer a more flexible skill tree management.

That being said, as of June 17th, the following process will take place as preparation for the revamped skill system:

• Following items will be removed and disabled temporarily for those who still hold them
    • Cash Shop/Loyalties
      • Partial Combat Skill Reset
      • All Combat Skill Reset
      • Awakened Skill Reset
  • Following items will be added to the Loyalties store; costs 1 Loyalties, can be purchased 3/day/family
    • All Combat Skill Reset
    • Awakened Skill Reset

※The previously sold version of the skill reset will be enabled again once the new system has been deployed, until then you can utilize the free version as much as you feel like to explore the possibilities and full potential of your class.
Once the revamped version has been deployed, the free skill reset items will be removed/disabled and the original versions from the cash shop re-enabled again! So please keep them for the future.

• Monster Balance + Possible PvP Enable Quest lvl 50 ?

There are total 12 classes in BDO now and all of their awakenings will be added soon. Also we will constantly expend class variety in the future.

We're trying our best to make every class unique and hope that more users would enjoy various experience with each classes.

So we concluded that lowering the leveling difficulty will boost up the speed for leveling characters which is suit for our intention that is to give players more variety in the class experience.

If a meaningful amount of users keep request, we are open to change the PvP Enable Quest to lv 50.

Best regards, 

The BDO Team

Fix the sorc bug or riot.

2 people like this

Posted

Fix the sorc bug or riot.

Daum notice this ^^. Not sure if i should quit or change class at this point 

Posted

Sorc aint the only one completely -----ed up... Warr got screwed as well... (not like he wasnt before, but he is even worse now)

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorc aint the only one completely -----ed up... Warr got screwed as well... (not like he wasnt before, but he is even worse now)

I gotta agree with you. But sorc is more -----ed up than warrior right now

Posted (edited)

Btw would be nice, if someone finally said a word to us, about all those bugs...

Edited by RoakOriginal
1 person likes this

Posted

Class Balance was carefully adjusted based on actual in game data of NONE Awakenings. We made much more of our effort to balance these None Awakening Classes since this is the essential stage that leads every user to the next level; The Awakenings.

Every each adjustment is relied on individuality of all classes and the relativeness in the goal of power equality. Some classes got buffs for combats while the others got buffs for convenience.It may not be satisfying, but we are constantly making extra effort and always trying our best to keep the balance even. We are aware of how important this issue is and how difficult to reach this goal. Please continue observing how our effort is working out.

I don't know what's worse - that this is the balance you came up with (which is awfull), or that you think your playerbase and customers are that stupid to believe you did any balancing at all. (When you just copy the notes from Korea)

1 person likes this

Posted

Changes are good and acceptable if only this were implemented well..

I worry cause there are claims that skill changes are not fully implemented yet on some classes (warriors)

There are even Videos to prove them in the classes sub forums.

BUT I HAVE NOT seen any word from the dev/pub side to acknowledge this or any statement regarding this issues, i sure hope this doesn't get swept under the rug..

I haven't been able to patch the game successfully yet so i cant test em myself ..though the amount of players giving feedback with videos to back them up is hard to ignore 

Posted

So there's no possibility for any kind of compensation? Just a slap in the face for the greater good? Compensating them would be fair and wouldn't affect other people. But you rather refund the ghillie suits that still work fine in open world and gvg's...

For goodness sake, as a artisan 9 processing, I don't have a single level 10 node because I chose to invest into that lifeskill...

uhm ... tbh its your choice what u do with your energy they  or nobody forced you to  lvl processing instead of lvl  nodes i lvled nodes instead of processing  i dont think just because u did that u deserve a compensation of course thats my personal thoughts on the matter and probably upset you so sorry about that 

Posted

Changes are good and acceptable if only this were implemented well..

I worry cause there are claims that skill changes are not fully implemented yet on some classes (warriors)

There are even Videos to prove them in the classes sub forums.

BUT I HAVE NOT seen any word from the dev/pub side to acknowledge this or any statement regarding this issues, i sure hope this doesn't get swept under the rug..

I haven't been able to patch the game successfully yet so i cant test em myself ..though the amount of players giving feedback with videos to back them up is hard to ignore 

This...a large majority of the class changes didn't take affect or are actually causing issues. Would be nice if we got an answer at least telling us its working as intended or acknowledging there is an issue. Even if it did work this wasn't balance done by Daum for pre-awakening its straight from KR. Nice to be lied to and screwed at the same time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I gotta agree with you. But sorc is more -----ed up than warrior right now

at least they didn't ----- up blader right ?:D since it was -----ed up from the beginning cant get any worse ?:D 

This...a large majority of the class changes didn't take affect or are actually causing issues. Would be nice if we got an answer at least telling us its working as intended or acknowledging there is an issue. Even if it did work this wasn't balance done by Daum for pre-awakening its straight from KR. Nice to be lied to and screwed at the same time.

tbh im saying  this fora while in game but no one believe me ... as far i  know i know :D that doesnt make to much of a sense but , we get jumbled  patch from KR  they had a set of order we get it rain down on us BECAUSE PPL and im freaking right about this want updates want valencia now they want ninja now and because of that  that daum probably ask for  patches so the litlle  asshats can get their  new updates and WHEN THEY GET IT they complain what kind of update was im not saying is right what they are doing but guys how many post are there  about when valencia comes? why valencia is not here yet  etc etc few hundred of post is about that  

havea nice day ppl 

1 person likes this

Posted

After consideration we have decided to offer a refund to anyone who purchased the Ghillie suit between the 18th of May and 14th of June. To do so simply contact our support team. 

right here can you see the difference between a company who cares about their players and a company who is just going after the 30 day refund policy.

2 people like this

Posted

Patch notes need to include ALL changes, as small as they r seen by some1.

Maintenance during day in Europe, while same is done during night for NA show great disrespect to EU players and our time. 

Posted (edited)

So there's no possibility for any kind of compensation? Just a slap in the face for the greater good? Compensating them would be fair and wouldn't affect other people. But you rather refund the ghillie suits that still work fine in open world and gvg's...

For goodness sake, as a artisan 9 processing, I don't have a single level 10 node because I chose to invest into that lifeskill...

and you're well ahead of the curve and profiting from it. Cry more?

right here can you see the difference between a company who cares about their players and a company who is just going after the 30 day refund policy.

Ironically when I asked if I could have a pearl refund for the sorc costume I have but never use on a sorc I wanted to delete long before this patch, I was told:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Black Desert Online Customer Support for assistance.
Please forgive me for the late reply. We currently have an increased amount of inquiries which has increased our response time.

I am very sorry to report that it is not possible for us to comply with your request. Refunding, transferring or exchanging items
is only possible if the ticket is raised within 48 hours of buying the item and unfortunately this is not the case here.

You can find more information on the refund of premium items here:

Makes it so hard for me to spend more money on the game >.< 

Edited by Dalriaden

Posted (edited)

Dear community,

we are aware that there were many open questions about our recent patch notes [link], so we wanted to take our time to discuss your feedback with our developers and ask them for their intentions behind their decisions. Below you will find a few explanations about their intention behind the recent changes and direction in general. 

Our intention behind this change is to make Life contents more approachable for everyone. Since there will be much more Life content with bigger scales that needs a lot of raw materials coming up, we want our users to feel free to explore further and enjoy much more of our well-made in game content.

After much consideration, we came to the conclusion of removing the energy consuming from the processing skills. Those users who already invested a lot in processing skills can be dissatisfied with this change. But overall this action will let more users enjoy variety of Life contents in game.

Unlike the existing concerns of some users, this change will not cause dramatic price drops of processing items on the market. Also, we are always trying to prevent the price drops of existing items caused by any changes.

We are expecting this change will increase the needs of various mid-materials and will activate the other Life contents as a result.

Since the red battle field and node/siege wars are the special and exclusive features in BDO that is different from the other ordinary fields in game, we concluded that knowing the identity of others at combat will set fair competitive environment and encourage players to enjoy war contents more.

Also in node and siege warfare situations, there is more chances of numerous players to battle in a small limited area and it would be more likely several Guilds’ war than one Guild vs another.

We concluded that hiding Name Tag will cause inconvenience in those case. This change will be applied to all countries after the discussion with each region’s publishers. For other open field activities including Guild War, Name Tag will NOT be displayed.

Every each adjustment is relied on individuality of all classes and the relativeness in the goal of power equality. Some classes got buffs for combats while the others got buffs for convenience.

It may not be satisfying, but we are constantly making extra effort and always trying our best to keep the balance even. We are aware of how important this issue is and how difficult to reach this goal. Please continue observing how our effort is working out.

Actually we are currently in the process of developing a revamped skill system. The development time will require hopefully only a few weeks, however we see the necessity to offer a more flexible skill tree management.

That being said, as of June 17th, the following process will take place as preparation for the revamped skill system:

• Following items will be removed and disabled temporarily for those who still hold them
    • Cash Shop/Loyalties
      • Partial Combat Skill Reset
      • All Combat Skill Reset
      • Awakened Skill Reset
  • Following items will be added to the Loyalties store; costs 1 Loyalties, can be purchased 3/day/family
    • All Combat Skill Reset
    • Awakened Skill Reset

※The previously sold version of the skill reset will be enabled again once the new system has been deployed, until then you can utilize the free version as much as you feel like to explore the possibilities and full potential of your class.
Once the revamped version has been deployed, the free skill reset items will be removed/disabled and the original versions from the cash shop re-enabled again! So please keep them for the future.

There are total 12 classes in BDO now and all of their awakenings will be added soon. Also we will constantly expend class variety in the future.

We're trying our best to make every class unique and hope that more users would enjoy various experience with each classes.

So we concluded that lowering the leveling difficulty will boost up the speed for leveling characters which is suit for our intention that is to give players more variety in the class experience.

If a meaningful amount of users keep request, we are open to change the PvP Enable Quest to lv 50.

Best regards, 

The BDO Team

Dont Care - messes with market values your decission 50/50 good bad.

Its a gathering costume, people abused it. Dont see why you would refund it.

Fail on top of Fail on top of Fail.

Please Read the issues before making stupid changes, bladers were fine when released, people compared it to a just released version PRE adjustments - people also had no HP leveled so couldnt survive hits & cried like babys, second change made them competitive, 3rd change OP if you took the time to level & learn the skills, current change they are laughing at other class literally through discord!
Sorcs - idiots saying nerf it When there 80-90ap, 100DP ranger cant 1 shot a sorc but a 140AP/150DP sorc can kill them, then the rest complaints about is the desync issue that works 2 ways, 1 they cant hit a desync sorc SO NO NEED FOR NERF COMAPLINTS, 2. Sorc attacks dont hit due to Desync - So DESYNC not nerf anyone with a average IQ can figure this out. Also Sorcs being grappled by other classes (war/besk) when they are literally half the battlefield away is more than enough proof of how bad Desync is & how it affects multipul classes.
Berserker - HP buff last time = moronic, takes you 3 times as long to kill them as any other class, they can grapple you & lock you up in battlefeild/Siege e.t.c.i'm not even going to finish explaining the OBVIOUS.
Rangers need a nerf & less catering to ranged classes e.g. boss fights, no menchion of changes planned e.t.c. Please pull head from *** & work on stuff that ACUTALLY needs addressing rather than cry babys who cant play or 1 shot things with there 90AP/100DP.
Listen to whats wanted/Needed: PVP, open world PVP, less PVE changes that are not needed, more boss Fixes to actually be balanced e.t.c. Concentrate on the important things rather than working classes & crybabys who are to lazy to learn skills & level HP e.t.c.

About time

Why the Hell would you boost leveling in a game that has NO END GAME?, You can say PVP, but not everyone playing is a PVP'er last poll i saw run on here showed 70% are PVE where as only 30% were specificly here for PVP.

Seriously is common sense not a thing people have anymore?

Edited by prymortal
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You may want to change this phrasing. 

"As much as you like" but be sure to read the fine print- because you are limited to 3 uses per family! Do not get stuck grinding SP with a build you don't like, unable even to BUY a change of skills.

I'm hoping this is a per-day restriction. 

I am also once again experiencing the bug where my dailies and hourlies are not updating. This is the second update where this has happened.

Edited by Dovienya

Posted

Yes please raise the PVP threshold from 45 to 50. Even a fresh level 50 has no chance against most existing players. Level 45 is just a one shot and may effect that players desire to keep playing BDO.

Posted

Best regards, 

The BDO Team

So ... one just has to wonder. Are you guys finding out that you're choosing to listen to us too late? That the changes you make are too little to save the game here in the US/UK? I notice you're still unwilling to reasonably affect your cash shop prices. Too sad.

Posted

Whilst I agree thats it seems a bit unfair, your comparisons are a little faltered. lol. One was a paid item, the other isn't. You can't compare the two.

Posted (edited)

Whilst I agree thats it seems a bit unfair, your comparisons are a little faltered. lol. One was a paid item, the other isn't. You can't compare the two.

One thing was changed, the other not. The ghillie itself hasn't changed, just the RBF and the Node wars display the name regardless. Node wars weren't out, so you can argue the ghillie still works the same.  Regarding RBF, I've seen a few players with a ghillie still hiding their name, last night. So yeah.

uhm ... tbh its your choice what u do with your energy they  or nobody forced you to  lvl processing instead of lvl  nodes i lvled nodes instead of processing  i dont think just because u did that u deserve a compensation of course thats my personal thoughts on the matter and probably upset you so sorry about that 

A choice based upon FAQ's and Q&A's stating they wouldn't remove energy from processing.

In the latest Q&A they even stated the profit from lifeskills came from 'no energy' procs. Alchemy relies on rare mats and multiple procs, not the energy. Leaving cooking and processing (yes lifeskills, the plural form). Gathering has no cost to account into the 'profit'.

Please, I highly doubt at this point Daum even knows what's coming in the next patch. Look at all the stealth changes that made it to this one...

Edited by Thrag

Posted

One thing was changed, the other not. The ghillie itself hasn't changed, just the RBF and the Node wars display the name regardless. Node wars weren't out, so you can argue the ghillie still works the same.  Regarding RBF, I've seen a few players with a ghillie still hiding their name, last night. So yeah.

A choice based upon FAQ's and Q&A's stating they wouldn't remove energy from processing.

In the latest Q&A they even stated the profit from lifeskills came from 'no energy' procs. Please, I highly doubt at this point Daum even knows what's coming in the next patch. Look at all the stealth changes that made it to this one...

For those whose main reason was node and siege, that removes the advantage of the suit completely. It might still work in RBF like you mentioned, but it will be patched. Again, one is time, the other is money. One value is substantially higher than the other. Im not saying it doesn't suck, but you can't compare someones money to the time spent in game. And this is coming from someone who hated the suit from the start.

Posted

For those whose main reason was node and siege, that removes the advantage of the suit completely. It might still work in RBF like you mentioned, but it will be patched. Again, one is time, the other is money. One value is substantially higher than the other. Im not saying it doesn't suck, but you can't compare someones money to the time spent in game. And this is coming from someone who hated the suit from the start.

I only bought it because I felt compelled to due to everyone having one = / I'm glad it's removed in sieges/node wars, you need to know what guild is going where when it's multiple guilds up against each other. It's strategic after all.

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Tytyes

So, Warrior is more clunky now, damage not affected. Feels a lot slower, combos doesn't connect anymore, nothing changed.

Why do we allways get ignored or washed away with "We will get a hold of developers to ask them what was their intention"

Warrior is dead class in this patch I predicted it. Prediction came true

Topic under is proof of ignoring us warriors since patch was posted.

Yes I am mad, I got reasons. 3 months in as weakest class nothing changed. Re-roll time I guess? Time to spend another 3 months on other character

I am playing for 3 months... WITHOUT MY CLASS AT ALL, and if they roll out the warrior awakening then warriors will be imba as -----

Posted

Communication my ass, for now it's just a statement from your side.

Bugs I've encountered so far with this patch:

* countless ninja nerfs and some changes that either didn't happen or just have missing tooltips in comparison to patchnotes, not even going to mention what was done to sorceress right before node wars (might as well replace them with more usefull classes now)

* missing contribution points from removed buildings (or rather moved to "Rent Item" portion and locked)

* completely messing up lifeskill quests from lvl30 up, if anyone started doing them, they're neither able to continue further nor restart the chain (despite Black Spirit guide leading to lvl30 ones no matter what)

* missing items for people who had them in the process of reforming, most likely due to removal of these structures

* marketplace orders not working at all to my knowledge, you can still buy certain high-value items (or snipe rather) no matter if someone had the order or not

Please adress these, and likely other, issues. The approach of "that's what we did, deal with it" is not how the communication should work. At this point no one expects everything to go well with new patches but it looks very much like you're ignoring all that went wrong without any plan to fix it.

I was very hyped about that patch, now I see how terrible Daum/PA cooperation is. If you can't even get the patchnotes right I don't know what's the reasonable level of expectations for future maintenances -.-

Posted

I am playing for 3 months... WITHOUT MY CLASS AT ALL, and if they roll out the warrior awakening then warriors will be imba as -----

sorry to dissapoint you. Warrior atm in korea even tho his tier 1 hes not op at all. Right now after cc chain nerfs he is +/- weaker but still decent. Nothing to be hyped for m8. We will be finally "viable"

Posted

As much as it pains me to say it, the complaints about the sorceress class are valid.

I just witnessed some of Edan's strongest sorceresses having all but a 1v1v1 pillow fight in the arena and no one died. I understand sorceress was previously powerful, but this bug, or "balancing" may have been overkill for it.

As someone who's usually had money to burn on this game, I'll have to withhold further investment until Daum demonstrates more transparency and willingness to communicate. I understand localization for this game is rough as PA is having to work hard in pushing our version, but Daum's bureaucratic attitude to the community is 15 flavors of wrong.