• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Devs Team communication regarding Patch 17.06

264 posts in this topic

Posted

The All Combat Skill Reset and the Awakened Skill Reset will be removed only in the loyalities shop or also in my inventory?

Posted (edited)

How is using a Ghillie suit for pvp abusing it?  Does the suit say intended for gathering only?  If not, you do realize that it could be intended for both gathering and pvp.  Most people don't even want a cash refund and are OK with pearls.  Like someone stated, it's like buying an expensive car, then the car company takes your car away, replaces it with a junker but keeps the money you paid for the nicer car.  You need to separate your feelings about the ghillie suit and see the bigger picture.

I have no feelings whatsoever, you have feeling wich caused you to misintrepet what I said.

But let me clear that up, abusing means using extensively, overusing... Also, you can not compare physical with digital items, by your logic everyone can refund everything because digital things change daily (change in a way that is not to ones liking).

Edited by CruleD

Posted

Fair enough, I can understand you're a win-win kinda guy. I can respect that and granted when I posed the question, it was towards someone who said they just wanted to fight things... in PvE, which is not talking about farming, taming and all these other elements. Those things I get, as even I do them to. Its more than I see grinding mobs as a means to an end, not the end itself. 

In your offering the same question, its drastically different than how you're portraying it, but granted you aren't there, so of course you would see it that way. This isn't a shot at you, purely answering. Firstly, if we are talking about soloing, yes - that would get boring and fast. More so because you'll just get stomped. The idea of PvP in this game is based around group play - GvG's and so on. Whilst gear is heavily dependent on 1v1's, at GvG's it becomes less so as long as people have more or less the same gear. 10 ap can make a weld of difference in some matches, but rarely does in grander situations. At the top there are always going to be those 6-8 guilds that more or less can compete with each other, and usually, its pretty even. Of course someone always wins, but generally not by much. There are those guilds that other can't compete with; Grind and Harmony being those that come to mind in Jordine, but even then they have each other to fight and the next 4-5 each other. Its also much more exciting than PvE. The only exciting thing about PvE is the gear at the end lol. Its pretty much braindead in BDO. I don't have to think and can spam the same 2 move combo over and over. PvP forces you to think, try and catch people out - think ahead. Tactics, combos, co-operation with your guilds or party members. Sounds way more exciting to me, but I guess thats where people are different. I do get the whole win-win thing though, and I've ended up liking the people I've killed or they've killed me and then not wanting to attack them anymore lol.

Thanks for the detailed response. That is good to hear. My only experiences in PvP in BDO have been the 1 on 1 kind. I totally hear you on the having to think things out part. That's why I love pvp minigames, like capture the flag and hold spots for points over time, heck even hutball in SWTOR. A team can lose most fights but with the match on points anyway if they are clever enough and not completely hopeless.

And I do hear you on your intended audience too. But remember that PvP players, in general, tend to be very skilled, good at figuring out new strategies, and usually in above average builds (not just gear but also skill choices, etc). What is super easy for you might be a challenge for other people. I don't know if that's true in this case, but I've seen it in every game I've ever played.

Also, there's what we used to do in Diablo: intentionally limited builds. Like the all melee sorceress (D2 sorc, not BDO sorc), or naked sorcs (http://web.archive.org/web/20010625060810/http://www.diabloii.net/nakedbabe/2-act1/page-01.shtml & http://web.archive.org/web/20010810171548/http://diabloii.net/nakedbabe/manifesto.shtml) who had no gear except a belt to hold potions and only in hardcore mode so if you died it was forever. People also made what were called "crybaby" barbarians who didn't use weapons only warcries. And so on and so forth. There are a million ways to challenge yourself vs the dumbest AI. Many of them are quite fun. It makes the most repetitive pve grind more entertaining. Shame MMOs don't do hardcore. I'd totally play a reblath-armor-and-militia-weapons-only character in hardcore mode and see how far I could get. Not really worth it without a hardcore mode though.

2 people like this

Posted

Awakenings or riot!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the detailed response. That is good to hear. My only experiences in PvP in BDO have been the 1 on 1 kind. I totally hear you on the having to think things out part. That's why I love pvp minigames, like capture the flag and hold spots for points over time, heck even hutball in SWTOR. A team can lose most fights but with the match on points anyway if they are clever enough and not completely hopeless.

And I do hear you on your intended audience too. But remember that PvP players, in general, tend to be very skilled, good at figuring out new strategies, and usually in above average builds (not just gear but also skill choices, etc). What is super easy for you might be a challenge for other people. I don't know if that's true in this case, but I've seen it in every game I've ever played.

Also, there's what we used to do in Diablo: intentionally limited builds. Like the all melee sorceress (D2 sorc, not BDO sorc), or naked sorcs (http://web.archive.org/web/20010625060810/http://www.diabloii.net/nakedbabe/2-act1/page-01.shtml & http://web.archive.org/web/20010810171548/http://diabloii.net/nakedbabe/manifesto.shtml) who had no gear except a belt to hold potions and only in hardcore mode so if you died it was forever. People also made what were called "crybaby" barbarians who didn't use weapons only warcries. And so on and so forth. There are a million ways to challenge yourself vs the dumbest AI. Many of them are quite fun. It makes the most repetitive pve grind more entertaining. Shame MMOs don't do hardcore. I'd totally play a reblath-armor-and-militia-weapons-only character in hardcore mode and see how far I could get. Not really worth it without a hardcore mode though.

Hahaha, loved that last paragraph. You do bring up a very good point in your second section too. I forget that what might seem 'logical' or 'easy' to one person, might not be to the next. Its good to be reminded of such things. If tactics and strategy is your thing, you honestly should  take another look into siege and node pvp. Its all about that. Sending scouts, figuring out where bases are, how to approach attacking and defending. It sounds like it would be something that would entertain you, if ever so slightly.

Posted

Dear community,

we are aware that there were many open questions about our recent patch notes [link], so we wanted to take our time to discuss your feedback with our developers and ask them for their intentions behind their decisions. Below you will find a few explanations about their intention behind the recent changes and direction in general. 

• What was the intent behind changing the Processing feature ?

Our intention behind this change is to make Life contents more approachable for everyone. Since there will be much more Life content with bigger scales that needs a lot of raw materials coming up, we want our users to feel free to explore further and enjoy much more of our well-made in game content.

After much consideration, we came to the conclusion of removing the energy consuming from the processing skills. Those users who already invested a lot in processing skills can be dissatisfied with this change. But overall this action will let more users enjoy variety of Life contents in game.

Unlike the existing concerns of some users, this change will not cause dramatic price drops of processing items on the market. Also, we are always trying to prevent the price drops of existing items caused by any changes.

We are expecting this change will increase the needs of various mid-materials and will activate the other Life contents as a result.

• Why did you change the Ghillie suit ?

After consideration we have decided to offer a refund to anyone who purchased the Ghillie suit between the 18th of May and 14th of June. To do so simply contact our support team. 

Since the red battle field and node/siege wars are the special and exclusive features in BDO that is different from the other ordinary fields in game, we concluded that knowing the identity of others at combat will set fair competitive environment and encourage players to enjoy war contents more.

Also in node and siege warfare situations, there is more chances of numerous players to battle in a small limited area and it would be more likely several Guilds’ war than one Guild vs another.

We concluded that hiding Name Tag will cause inconvenience in those case. This change will be applied to all countries after the discussion with each region’s publishers. For other open field activities including Guild War, Name Tag will NOT be displayed.

• Can you develop a bit regarding the changes coming for every classes

Class Balance was carefully adjusted based on actual in game data of NONE Awakenings. We made much more of our effort to balance these None Awakening Classes since this is the essential stage that leads every user to the next level; The Awakenings.

Every each adjustment is relied on individuality of all classes and the relativeness in the goal of power equality. Some classes got buffs for combats while the others got buffs for convenience.

It may not be satisfying, but we are constantly making extra effort and always trying our best to keep the balance even. We are aware of how important this issue is and how difficult to reach this goal. Please continue observing how our effort is working out.

• Are we going to receive a free skill reset with all those big changes ?

Actually we are currently in the process of developing a revamped skill system. The development time will require hopefully only a few weeks, however we see the necessity to offer a more flexible skill tree management.

That being said, as of June 17th, the following process will take place as preparation for the revamped skill system:

• Following items will be removed and disabled temporarily for those who still hold them
    • Cash Shop/Loyalties
      • Partial Combat Skill Reset
      • All Combat Skill Reset
      • Awakened Skill Reset
  • Following items will be added to the Loyalties store; costs 1 Loyalties, can be purchased 3/day/family
    • All Combat Skill Reset
    • Awakened Skill Reset

※The previously sold version of the skill reset will be enabled again once the new system has been deployed, until then you can utilize the free version as much as you feel like to explore the possibilities and full potential of your class.
Once the revamped version has been deployed, the free skill reset items will be removed/disabled and the original versions from the cash shop re-enabled again! So please keep them for the future.

• Monster Balance + Possible PvP Enable Quest lvl 50 ?

There are total 12 classes in BDO now and all of their awakenings will be added soon. Also we will constantly expend class variety in the future.

We're trying our best to make every class unique and hope that more users would enjoy various experience with each classes.

So we concluded that lowering the leveling difficulty will boost up the speed for leveling characters which is suit for our intention that is to give players more variety in the class experience.

If a meaningful amount of users keep request, we are open to change the PvP Enable Quest to lv 50.

Best regards, 

The BDO Team

Please don't change PVP enable quest to lvl 50 until Valencia is released!

Posted (edited)

I would actually be curious to see a Mod respond to this and their answer. my biggest issue with the game to date is the clear class imbalances. I play a wizard.  Fighting pretty much any class without a host of backup is the most frustrating thing in the world. 

there needs to be a massive rebalance that makes it where EVERY class has a chance to at least hold their own in a combat situation given appropriate skill and equal (NOT GREATER or LESSER) gear.

EX - Grinding at Ogres for the drop that is completely nonsensically hard to get (worse than Destiny RNG) and a Sorc of equal level/gear (give or take) comes up and I pretty much have to move to a different channel because I have about a 5% chance of beating them and thats ONLY if I can stun them through their invincibility (which is a silly concept to begin with) and assuming they dont just teleport out of the stun. same goes for pretty much every other class. 

The combat is NOT skill based at all. it is based entirely on the luck of the person in getting drops (has nothing to do with Dedication, or loyalty to the game... purely chance).

I actually stopped playing because as a wizard its almost impossible to grind for gear anywhere without backup from my guild 24/7 because every other class just bullies you out unless i completely out gear them.

and for the trolls, yes i know how to teleport, yes i know how to dodge, yes i know how to land my stuns, yes i have my awakenings set mostly right.

Edited by Thronnos
1 person likes this

Posted

its been 4 days since the patch, have they said a word about the skill changes that were not fully implemented yet?

Posted (edited)

I would actually be curious to see a Mod respond to this and their answer. my biggest issue with the game to date is the clear class imbalances. I play a wizard.  Fighting pretty much any class without a host of backup is the most frustrating thing in the world. 

there needs to be a massive rebalance that makes it where EVERY class has a chance to at least hold their own in a combat situation given appropriate skill and equal (NOT GREATER or LESSER) gear.

EX - Grinding at Ogres for the drop that is completely nonsensically hard to get (worse than Destiny RNG) and a Sorc of equal level/gear (give or take) comes up and I pretty much have to move to a different channel because I have about a 5% chance of beating them and thats ONLY if I can stun them through their invincibility (which is a silly concept to begin with) and assuming they dont just teleport out of the stun. same goes for pretty much every other class. 

The combat is NOT skill based at all. it is based entirely on the luck of the person in getting drops (has nothing to do with Dedication, or loyalty to the game... purely chance).

I actually stopped playing because as a wizard its almost impossible to grind for gear anywhere without backup from my guild 24/7 because every other class just bullies you out unless i completely out gear them.

and for the trolls, yes i know how to teleport, yes i know how to dodge, yes i know how to land my stuns, yes i have my awakenings set mostly right.

Wait are you actually complaining about playing the best class in every scenario (next to Berzerker)right now? You are playing the most broken class at all, because it is balanced around not having awakening weapons, while all other classes are balanced as if they had the awakening weapons (which is not the case yet). Asking for rebalance in your position would not be very intelligent, since the only way to balance wizard/witches right now would be to take away something from them/nerf them, and not buff them.

Edited by Zycrus
2 people like this

Posted

So there's no possibility for any kind of compensation? Just a slap in the face for the greater good? Compensating them would be fair and wouldn't affect other people. But you rather refund the ghillie suits that still work fine in open world and gvg's...

For goodness sake, as a artisan 9 processing, I don't have a single level 10 node because I chose to invest into that lifeskill...

Yea, I was Master 10, 20% before this change they seriously don't give a shit about those who's effort they destroy.

Posted

Yea, I was Master 10, 20% before this change they seriously don't give a shit about those who's effort they destroy.

Lol... what about those who got to 56/7 before they gave in to the care bears with the 30% exp? Im pretty sure a lot of your crafters were part of them care bears.

Posted

• Why did you change the Ghillie suit ?

After consideration we have decided to offer a refund to anyone who purchased the Ghillie suit between the 18th of May and 14th of June. To do so simply contact our support team. 

Since the red battle field and node/siege wars are the special and exclusive features in BDO that is different from the other ordinary fields in game, we concluded that knowing the identity of others at combat will set fair competitive environment and encourage players to enjoy war contents more.

Also in node and siege warfare situations, there is more chances of numerous players to battle in a small limited area and it would be more likely several Guilds’ war than one Guild vs another.

We concluded that hiding Name Tag will cause inconvenience in those case. This change will be applied to all countries after the discussion with each region’s publishers. For other open field activities including Guild War, Name Tag will NOT be displayed.

@CM_Tytyes

Hello,

is asked the support for a refund of my ghilie suite but i bought it before May 18th, do i keep my hidename on my suit because i bought it early? i guess no?

can you please explain me then why i cant get a refund for my suit because i bought it earlyer? Its main use is gone NO MATTER what time i bought it, right?

The support told me to contact the forums for help? wow

Posted

Purchasing the costume before the 18th of May means you bought it for what was already in the game, the costume will still work as intended.

Purchasing it after the 18th of May would be players who did it in order to use it, among other things, for the Siege Wars. As we didn't announce by then that the costume won't work in specific circumstances we're offering the refund since the announcement of Siege wars.

If you bought it before you got the costume as it was announced, or simply assumed it would work for all the future content. Assuming is fine, as long as you understand that changes might come and are willing to accept it.

Posted

@CM_Tytyes Did you gonna any day communicate about the sorc DF bug ?...

Posted (edited)

Unlike the existing concerns of some users, this change will not cause dramatic price drops of processing items on the market. Also, we are always trying to prevent the price drops of existing items caused by any changes.

This is completely untrue. I've been posting processed materials in marketplace for nice sales since launch and since the patch these items are still sitting in marketplace, unsold, at minimum price. Now all I can do is vendor what is now junk...

What is going on Daum? Uncompleted updates which have many functions not working. Questionable game direction. Statements that are not true. I think this seriously puts in jeopardy what good relations you did have with the playerbase/community. Whatever the direction you are taking the game and whatever your plans are, this is not the way to do it.

Edited by Daemie
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Purchasing the costume before the 18th of May means you bought it for what was already in the game, the costume will still work as intended.

Purchasing it after the 18th of May would be players who did it in order to use it, among other things, for the Siege Wars. As we didn't announce by then that the costume won't work in specific circumstances we're offering the refund since the announcement of Siege wars.

If you bought it before you got the costume as it was announced, or simply assumed it would work for all the future content. Assuming is fine, as long as you understand that changes might come and are willing to accept it.

Oh yeah, 18th may?

What about all those Features you doom-patched after 18th may?

PK (XP loss)

GvG (Latest patch - Can no longer declare on a guild .. . bla bla...)

... i assumed it works for those, but they are non existend now ... still kept it because i was hoping for sieges - where it doesn't work in the end.

Edited by Jylin
2 people like this

Posted

@CM_Tytyes

Thanks for your answer but if you change a store items main function the purchase date should not be relevant. it worket in KR Node wars and other countrys also, right? So yes as customer i thought it will work in any PvP situations. If you change any relevant stat on pearl item you should offer refund.

I bought ~ 50 000 pearls and dont really care about 2000 but i learn how you hadle your store items,so i will think twice now before i spend more money on a item in your shop, and i guess others will do the same. 

1 person likes this

Posted

nodewars.thumb.PNG.418c1c5c934666605185d

Node Wars/ Castle Siege was already announced on your official YouTube Channel in March.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

In all respect, you've announced Siege Wars before you've even released the game. Also you've promised while advertising the game they will come within 4 weeks of release yet it's been 3 months later. Everyone knew how strong the suit is.

On top of that it's not only Siege Wars but also Red Battlefield.

The community feedback was strong since day one of release of that pointless item and a lot of people felt forced to buy it because of how strong it was (especially melee compared to ranger / wizards) yet you've waited with announcement 2 days before Siege release? And I bet it wasn't last minute decision you just wanted to milk the cattle until last second.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that excuse, especialy since Red Battlefield is also affected and it's more mendatory to hide your name on small map where most of people has it instead of world pvp. I myself bought it only because I was constantly focused in RB when not having the Ghilli while "all" melees around had it.

Let's buy a car that can drive at 120 km/h just to get it limited to 50 km/h because of extensive fog emission. Good logic!  I honestly wish some official institution would check the IT market with all the loopholes in  the law. This is beyond pathethic how gaming companies do what they want with no consequences. (looking at you infinite DayZ alpha also)

Always you are doing few steps forward with good changes like last patch and than twice as many backwards because of silly decisions (P2W dyes, pathethic refund policies, lieing to customers - same as with RNG stats. Bel saying at the interview KR doesn't want to talk about it the next day it's no longer RNG in KR, G(F)J)

Edited by Amlug
1 person likes this

Posted

It's just bullshit that any of you bought the ghillie suit only for sieges/node war.

Greedy noobs.

2 people like this

Posted

I was playing game since the start. During all this time I was getting used to game and have learning about game mechanics. Also during this time devs have changing many things in game which will be normal if this all wasnt happen very fast and what is more important in very bad manner... I have endure many of this bad changes since there was more good stuff in game then bad. BUT with latest patch that was changed drastically in favor of the bad stuff.

I will begin from, to me the least but for many ppl very important, class nerfing. So, with all this changes during all this months and also with 3 years in other countries, Daum/Pearl Abyss or whatever they r called havent managed to balance classes? Well...hardly... Truth is, actually, hidden behind one therm which actually exists in all MMO games and even in single player gaming, and that is crying kids. Who or what r crying kids? That r young players who use daddy money to become best in MMO games. They r not skilled in playing, and here in game they, for example can only kill afk fishers or traders (which they with great joy do all the time), so they must replace skill absence with real money and in case that real money cant help, like it was here b4 latest patch (and all that have changed with dye trading on market), they need to cry that some class is bad so that developers nerf that class and they finally can take them down. So we have "owerpowered" sorceress, wizards on horses and soon there will be prolly owerpowerd Mickey Mouse or whatever... And since crying kids bring most money on table, b/c they dont earn money so they dont value money as some adult who works, they will get their nerfs...

Then we have ninja patches, very interesting part of game which I havent met until now (b/c that can initiate rage at normal players) in my very long gaming history. So we can imagine some conversation between devs - "Damn our seling of riding costume isnt good enough", "Yea, lets make horse exp harder to earn and riding costume selling will go high". There is many ninja patches, prolly even more which still  havent discovered by players. Among nasty ones, at least for me, is grunil amity changes. I dont think that was ever mention in any patch notes, but amity game there have changed with every patch up to latest where it was nerfed hard, so I can buy 1/3 less stuff from vendor then b4 with same energy, and I spent real money for that by buying character slots and invest my time in that.

After that we have disrespect. So we in EU have our maintenance in daily hours and NA have during night (as some crying kid have said here on forum - NA mater race:P). For example I work in 12 hours shifts every 2nd day, and maintenance for applying latest patch was in from noon to 7 pm during my day off, and I wasnt been able to play game for 3 days b/c of that.

There is many more reasons why I decided to left and delete game yesterday , but ones here r the most important. I know (and that is another reason) that devs will not pay attention on this post in a way to see this their mistakes and that this will prolly attract crying kids trolls and devs bots, so only my desire with this is to warn ppl what is happening with BDO and what they can expect to see in the future.

I am rly sorry that I have put money in this game but at least Daum have shown what I can expect so I will not loose more money for nothing.

Posted

CMs,PMs, can you guys stop feeding us bullshit? Nobody gonna blame you if youre at least honest. Please dont say our balance is based on our version, thanks. It will make you guys look less stupid. 

1 person likes this

Posted

• Can you develop a bit regarding the changes coming for every classes

Class Balance was carefully adjusted based on actual in game data of NONE Awakenings. We made much more of our effort to balance these None Awakening Classes since this is the essential stage that leads every user to the next level; The Awakenings.

Every each adjustment is relied on individuality of all classes and the relativeness in the goal of power equality. Some classes got buffs for combats while the others got buffs for convenience.

It may not be satisfying, but we are constantly making extra effort and always trying our best to keep the balance even. We are aware of how important this issue is and how difficult to reach this goal. Please continue observing how our effort is working out.

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

3 people like this

Posted

No answer about any of the important questions, bad.

"Class Balance was carefully adjusted based on actual in game data of NONE Awakenings. We made much more of our effort to balance these None Awakening Classes since this is the essential stage that leads every user to the next level; The Awakenings."

Wizard received buffs meant to allow the class to face against awakened classes. Yet it received the buffs at a stage no class has awakening. Meaning, the balance that may be you hoped to give us is not what the actual developers gave us. Goes a lot as well for other classes that were in a good status.

Posted (edited)

Should visit the sorc forums regarding class balance. You didn't even test our class before you put the patch through, copy pasta and done. If you balanced around no awakenings then you really are out of touch with our class entirely @CM_Tytyes

Edited by Toxicle
2 people like this