• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Musa Vs Rangers

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone have any tips or advice with dealing with rangers? Please something other then watch out for shotgun.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Mujen
edit

Posted

stay on them as  much as you can  and try to blind thrust them as  much as  you  can aswell  since that skills  decreases their acc for  like  30 and thats huge.  and use  that  time  frame  to  get close and do your full  combo  rotation.

And  try  to  land your ccs at the exact end of  their i frame which is the cartwheel  thingy they do. also  keep your eyes on your ragebar since fighting  rangers  triggers it  the  most  (atleast  for  me)

Posted

With equal gear you can pretty much one combo kill them pretty easily with Stub Arrow -> Dragon Bite -> Combo. You can start with this for pretty much every ranger, the problems come if you don't one combo kill them because then you'll have to zoom around and try to land a CC on them. Predicting their movements and catching them in a Rising Storm can stop them and let you deal some good damage. As Homrah said, try to catch them at the end of their cart wheel.

Posted

Question about Stub Arrow: i got  Stub arrow 3. So, i think to make 2-3 stiff consecutive when use a bow. It s a bad thing? There is a CC reduction when use 2-3 stiff consec??

Me lvl 54 vs Ranger 56 (without resistances), i got Liverto +15 - Black Bow +15 + Serendia Special = 45-47 acc and when stiff him with stub arrow, then i have very very difficulte to stunlock him with full Double DB combo...

why? with 45 acc?? omg

Possible problem with having 3 stub arrow??

ps sry for my english

Posted

Question about Stub Arrow: i got  Stub arrow 3. So, i think to make 2-3 stiff consecutive when use a bow. It s a bad thing? There is a CC reduction when use 2-3 stiff consec??

Me lvl 54 vs Ranger 56 (without resistances), i got Liverto +15 - Black Bow +15 + Serendia Special = 45-47 acc and when stiff him with stub arrow, then i have very very difficulte to stunlock him with full Double DB combo...

why? with 45 acc?? omg

Possible problem with having 3 stub arrow??

ps sry for my english

You can only apply one type of CC once. When you shoot stub arrow, you fire 2 arrows. Both arrows do stiffness, but if the first hits, the second won't do anything. So using stub arrow again and again will not apply more and more stiffness.

Simply just Stub Arrow -> Dragon Bite -> Combo

Posted

Thank you for the information. I will work on landing my combo's better.

Posted

Ty Solrik!

Posted

Using Thorns potions helps out a lot against rangers as well, it has surprised quite a few when they hit me and take a chunk of damage.

Posted

stay on them as  much as you can  and try to blind thrust them as  much as  you  can aswell  since that skills  decreases their acc for  like  30 and thats huge.  and use  that  time  frame  to  get close and do your full  combo  rotation.

And  try  to  land your ccs at the exact end of  their i frame which is the cartwheel  thingy they do. also  keep your eyes on your ragebar since fighting  rangers  triggers it  the  most  (atleast  for  me)

Blind Thrust does a Melee Accuracy debuff, it does nothing on rangers.

With equal gear you can pretty much one combo kill them pretty easily with Stub Arrow -> Dragon Bite -> Combo. You can start with this for pretty much every ranger, the problems come if you don't one combo kill them because then you'll have to zoom around and try to land a CC on them. Predicting their movements and catching them in a Rising Storm can stop them and let you deal some good damage. As Homrah said, try to catch them at the end of their cart wheel.

Good advice!

Posted

You can only apply one type of CC once. When you shoot stub arrow, you fire 2 arrows. Both arrows do stiffness, but if the first hits, the second won't do anything. So using stub arrow again and again will not apply more and more stiffness.

Simply just Stub Arrow -> Dragon Bite -> Combo

Solrik - If you don't mind me asking, what combo do you use?

Posted

Solrik - If you don't mind me asking, what combo do you use?

Prrft it depends on the situation, but I usually do the full combo. This is:

Stub Arrow (or Charged Stub arrow) -> Dragon Bite + Dragon Claw -> Chase Behind -> Blind Thrust -> Blooming -> Backstep Slash -> Two options
1. Full Dragon Bite -> Rising Storm
2. Gale -> Full Dragon Bite

When stuff are on cooldown:

1. Dragon Bite -> Carver -> Anything, really
2. Cyclone Slash -> Anything that's good for down attacks.
3. Rising Storm -> Anything that's good for down attacks.
4. Some harassing with Backwards Chase -> Stub Arrow

For comebacks, I usually wait till I can CC with ranged. Something like this:

Stub Arrow (or Charged Stub arrow) -> Dragon bite -> Blind Thrust -> (Ultimate) Nemesis Slash -> Anything that's good for down attacks.

Just a small disclaimer, though. I am not expert with musas, but I've mostly duelled with people with equal or better gear (20-40 more dp than me). So don't quote me on these things. Playing a musa comes with a great deal of mental games, which means you have to control where your enemy will be and what your enemy will do, through your own movement and skills. You can faint things like being out of WP or stamina or being "stuck" in charged stub arrow, while you're in reality just baiting them to go on the offense.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was looking for a combo, thank you for your tips ! =)

Edited by Scyka

Posted (edited)

I run with Liverto and Black bow - 37 acc. I can t full stun lock chain anyone...i don t know why..

Stub Arrow - D Bite ( first hit) - Backstab Slash  - Cancelled Blooming - Blind trusth - Full D Bite (with Lunar Slash) - Risin Storm.

It s possible that 90% of all enemies can left CC state after Blooming??? So i can CC chain for half combo, aferter Blloming my enemy run away and bye bye full combo and full dmg.

Why??? In duelling i try vs ppl without resistance...possible depends from lvl? Me 54 vs 55-56-57? Reduced CC time???

Edited by Citroq

Posted (edited)

I run with Liverto and Black bow - 37 acc. I can t full stun lock chain anyone...i don t know why..

Stub Arrow - D Bite ( first hit) - Backstab Slash  - Cancelled Blooming - Blind trusth - Full D Bite (with Lunar Slash) - Risin Storm.

It s possible that 90% of all enemies can left CC state after Blooming??? So i can CC chain for half combo, aferter Blloming my enemy run away and bye bye full combo and full dmg.

Why??? In duelling i try vs ppl without resistance...possible depends from lvl? Me 54 vs 55-56-57? Reduced CC time???

Probably because Stub Arrow, Dragon Bite, Backstep Slash & Blind Thrust all do two hits while Blooming only does one hit that stuns.

Edited by Solrik

Posted (edited)

Probably because Stub Arrow, Dragon Bite, Backstep Slash & Blind Thrust all do two hits while Blooming only does one hit that stuns.

Blooming's stun is comprised of 3 hits.  'Stun on first hit' is just poor wording, since it's similar to Blind Slash which is legitimately a KU only on the last hit, but in this case it's just referring to the non-illusion slash.  If you look at Blooming (no Phantom) the stun is applied to all hits.

Edited by Ambient

Posted (edited)

Blooming's stun is comprised of 3 hits.  'Stun on first hit' is just poor wording, since it's similar to Blind Slash which is legitimately a KU only on the last hit, but in this case it's just referring to the non-illusion slash.  If you look at Blooming (no Phantom) the stun is applied to all hits.

I only looked at phantom untill now :o 

But tbh, and this is not a "but I'm right anyway" thing, it feels like blooming CCs less often as Dragon Bite, for instance. Could that be because Blooming has no accuracy bonus?

Edited by Solrik

Posted

I only looked at phantom untill now :o 

But tbh, and this is not a "but I'm right anyway" thing, it feels like blooming CCs less often as Dragon Bite, for instance. Could that be because Blooming has no accuracy bonus?

At least for Maehwa, Blooming has +2.5% accuracy bonus, which is only 2.5% less than Decapitation.

Posted

Stub Arrow stiffness, chase in and rising storm to get a floating off. Dragon Bite > Claw > Lunar combo. Back off, rinse and repeat. It's pretty easy to keep a Ranger chasing you while waiting on CD's. But honestly.. I rely on my TB for dealing with Rangers. It slaughters them.

Posted

how do you tiger blade a ranger? they can just jump around and kite us forever.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0