• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sorc Nerf?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I was doing some testing in arena after the servers went up.

177 AP sorc vs 67 DP ranger w/ 2k hp.

Midnight stinger -> crowflare/beak kick -> Bonus air attk Dark flame Off cd = ~40% of ranger life gone.

Seems really low. It isn't just us.

71 DP sorc vs 155 AP ranger 1.9k HP

Took 5 shotguns to kill me. (started with knockdown)

This intended? I understand health pool has increased by a fair margin but we accounted for that with the above testing (Was roughly the same health pre-patch) and the results are drastically different.

I was under the impression, according to the patch notes, that if any damage reduction was visible... it would be when using DF on CD... but that doesn't seem to be the case.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Confirmed nerf. I could Easily one shot people with shard+DoD insta or air combo and they're barely scratching the same people I usually fight. It's weird. 

It's way too low for it to be intentional, the patch notes don't reflect it either. Must be bugged somehow.

Edited by Trypta
1 person likes this

Posted

Darkflame literally does no dmg now...wtf

1 person likes this

Posted

Meanwhile in wizard land

latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was doing some testing in arena after the servers went up.

177 AP sorc vs 67 DP ranger w/ 2k hp.

Midnight stinger -> crowflare/beak kick -> Bonus air attk Dark flame Off cd = ~40% of ranger life gone.

Seems really low. It isn't just us.

No air attack in that combo. You need the second kick (High Kick / Scattering Shadow) or the first hit of Shadow Eruption to cause Floating. Im not sure if you can make it work with dark flames at all, Ultimate Crow Flare is easier for landing the air attack. Also everyone has more HP now if they reset their skills already, so its quite normal that people are a little harder to kill.

Edit: nvm, apparently everyone noticed some DF nerf. I didnt try yet and supposed its cause of the HP... but I guess thats not it.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted (edited)

Dark flame was nerfed into the ground.  If you're a ranger, imagine having 1 ability for 90% of your dmg, and putting it on a 6 sec cd, like will of the wind.  Now imagine that after the first usage of that ability, it does 10% of the dmg for the next 6 seconds.  In this example, since you have no other real abilities outside that 1, you can't do anything.  That's the magnitude of this nerf.

I'm ok with dark flame being nerfed, if there were other abilities that can take it's place.  Dark wave is not viable, especially in pvp.  Crowflare is not viable, especially in pve.  And shadow eruption does shit damage, even after the buff, and it has a massive cd, so it's not viable.  Simply put, if they're going to nerf 1 ability, give us real compensation elsewhere.  Because right now, the class is unplayable.

Edited by Blackstag

Posted

Dark flame was nerfed into the ground.  If you're a ranger, imagine having 1 ability for 90% of your dmg, and putting it on a 6 sec cd, like will of the wind.  Now imagine that after the first usage of that ability, it does 10% of the dmg for the next 6 seconds.  In this example, since you have no other real abilities outside that 1, that's the magnitude of this nerf.

No, it seems like EVERYTHING is doing less damage. Not just dark flame.

Posted

It's not only Dark Flame, there are for sure more changes that doesn't show up in the Patch Notes. We running Guild War atm. around 20 vs. 20 and i wasn't able to kill a Single Player. Sorc overall got an extrem Damage Nerf and is pretty broken after this Patch -> switching to Ranger for now.

Posted (edited)

could it be that we got the decrased PvP damage (for everyone, in general) that was in one of the recent korean (or was it Russian?) patch notes that also included the shadow eruption buff? Maybe we got more than our patch notes say.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

No air attack in that combo. You need the second kick (High Kick / Scattering Shadow) or the first hit of Shadow Eruption to cause Floating. Im not sure if you can make it work with dark flames at all, Ultimate Crow Flare is easier for landing the air attack.

Thanks for the info :)

Also everyone has more HP now if they reset their skills already, so its quite normal that people are a little harder to kill.

This intended? I understand health pool has increased by a fair margin but we accounted for that with the above testing (Was roughly the same health pre-patch) and the results are drastically different.

I' ok with dark flame being nerfed, if there were other abilities that can take it's place.  Dark wave is not viable, especially in pvp.  Crowflare is not viable, especially in pve.  And shadow eruption does shit damage, even after the buff, and it has a massive cd, so it's not viable.  Simply put, if they're going to nerf 1 ability, give us real compensation elsewhere.  Because right now, the class is unplayable.

Pretty much

Posted

wait.. are we talking about pve too? because i didnt notice anything there. i was grinding at abandoned iron mine though XD(gquest). gonna try pirates later

Posted

Pvp

Posted

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Meanwhile in wizard land

latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841latest?cb=20140528231841

Daum need to introduce the weapon exchange coupon. I will change my kzarka amulet for a staff thanks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Git gud sorc nubs. 

I honestly wish it stays like that for some time. Sorcs spamming 1 button(well 3 at the same time) kill people easy with very low effort telling everyone they are scrubs and they are so good now see how other classes felt. 

So in your words :

hqdefault.jpg

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Daum need to introduce the weapon exchange coupon. I will change my kzarka amulet for a staff thanks.

You get a scythe, sometime in the future.

Edited by War

Posted

You get a scythe, sometime in the future.

Which got nerfed in Korea aswell while the old skills have higher multipliers...

Posted (edited)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Posted

I hate to admit it, but i guess your whining payed of.

Well played!

Smiling-Cat_o_9509.thumb.jpg.a69ff2c59ec

I hope it's not a final adjustment. Because from the looks of it, our PvP damaged got cut by 50%.

At least keep it like that for 1 or 2 weeks. git gud sorcs deserve it :P

1 person likes this

Posted

haha sorcs got nerfed? GIT GUT SCRUBS hahahahahah

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Which got nerfed in Korea aswell while the old skills have higher multipliers...

I'm sure there was a reason for it.
Just as there was a reason for this.

Welcome to having to 1 skill combo to erase targets.

//Says the wizard, rite?
At least, says silly people who have never played wizard in fights lol.

Edited by War

Posted

Git gud sorc nubs. 

I honestly wish it stays like that for some time. Sorcs spamming 1 button(well 3 at the same time) kill people easy with very low effort telling everyone they are scrubs and they are so good now see how other classes felt. 

So in your words :

hqdefault.jpg

Lol most retarded person i've seen in this forum yet.

Posted

GIT GUD 

3 people like this

Posted

GIT GUD

3 people like this

Posted

The same way Musa's or Maehwa's don't 1 shot with Rising Storm/Moon, why should they have 1 spammable absurd dmg spell? Git gud, and learn to play with other skills.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0