• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Auto-Loop Feature Broken

271 posts in this topic

Posted

ok.. that just happened again just now at server Alustin (while at the same moment in chat people were complaining about lag so ofcourse it was not my conection) this time with my wagon and 3 times in a row! 

Loading screens and then character was some meters in front and wagon behind.

Funny part is that the third time after the loading screen, I was watching my wagon running alone near the river, it passed near me alone and it stopped far away from me xD I should have recorded it, it was really funny.

So definetely you need to fix your servers. There is no broken autoloop. Problem is your servers.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Left for work at 1pm eastern; 9pm eastern now and I'm still auto-looping. I'm not sure what they did or if it's permanent I'm afraid to relog for my seals LMAO, but if anyone else has had a successful AFK session I'd like to know they maybe implemented (ninja'd in) a fix?!

Posted (edited)

The problem is that you are in your guilds main channel and someone has identified something on the map, giving a route. This cancels yours.

Simply change to a different channel for AFK

This is not a guild ping issue. While that is annoying, to be sure -- this is something entirely different, and can be observed happening. Further, the issue this thread is dealing with doesn't really have a work around, unless you have multiple ISPs to choose from in your area.

A guild ping simply overrides a player's autopath/autoloop, and it can be avoided by manually setting up the autoloop, as opposed to using the autoloop button, or by autolooping in another channel. I always, always autoloop on a separate channel from my guild's channel, and thus I never have issues with guild pings.

This is also not an issue regarding PvP griefing or being knocked off by players using Charge or the hunting rifle -- as I've observed/tested the issue (on my end) pretty extensively, and never has it occurred as the result of another player's actions. I also only train on a low level character.  

This issue we're describing, which has been thoroughly detailed in prior posts, is with the change in the 6/17 patch which dismounts players when they resync/experience a loading screen. Sometimes the player is only briefly dismounted, prior to the loading screen, but it always breaks the autoloop. If you have low latency, never autoloop, or never experience loading screens, it won't affect you. Unless you happen to get one with autopath set (in which case, your path will be broken). I've watched it happen while monitoring my autoloops (back when I bothered with autoloop/horse training for extended periods) - occasionally up to 10 times within a 5 minute window. 

So, as you can see, this is not an issue with guild pings. 

Left for work at 1pm eastern; 9pm eastern now and I'm still auto-looping. I'm not sure what they did or if it's permanent I'm afraid to relog for my seals LMAO, but if anyone else has had a successful AFK session I'd like to know they maybe implemented (ninja'd in) a fix?!

I had about 2 hours of successful autolooping earlier tonight (figured I'd test it out). It ended with a client crash, but it was the most time I'd had successfully autolooping in the last month. Still trying to level the same pair of T6s.. 

I've been working with my ISP, and have since started using PingZapper, as CS suggested using a gaming VPN. I've been testing out a few, and all of the other troubleshooting steps they've provided. My overall ping is higher, but apparently more stable - I did experience one loading screen while pathing after the crash -- but oddly, I still never resync while running around town or questing. 

It boils down to PA developing for South Korea, which has internet service (speed, connectivity, stability, etc.) that is light years beyond what we have in the US. I'd legit sacrifice my whole stable and start over if they'd just revert the dismount on resync functionality (and whatever else was tied to it...). 

Hello GM's.

You can also tell the developers at Pearl Abyss, this problem has also been happening on Japanese servers since they issued the patch last month.

Out of bounds, I know. But you see my search for answers has led me here, too.

On a side note. Not everyone will have this problem, because not everyone uses the auto loop feature. For a lot of people, it makes sense to turn off the game when they are not playing it themselves.

有り難う

Thanks for adding your report to the thread, it shows that it's just not the NA/EU clients. Although I'm sorry that your servers are experiencing it, too. Have players on the JP forums also lodged complaints? 

Edited by Islarose
2 people like this

Posted

By the way I have to make it clear myself about my previous posts:

a) I do not belong in any guild so the thing about guild ping is not the case

b) I haven't experienced that in autoloop (because I haven't done any), I just assume that is the same case because it's more than obvious. In first case with my boat I was pressing "W" to simply go faster because ferry is super slow with autopath, and in the second case I had pressed the usual autopath from Trent side to Calpheon and It happened near phoniels cabin bridge.

c) So I conclude to the thing that this loading screens issue affects you if you are on any mount no matter if you have used autopath / autoloop or you do it manually  with WSAD.

Posted

I haven't had a loading screen (that I know of) for just under two weeks now. But I've gone periods of time before where I haven't gotten one and then out of the blue started getting them every few minutes for days. I'm hopeful that they're gone for good but considering my track record I'm not holding my breath. Not to mention that the new thing now is full server disconnects (though these seem few and far between for me most days).

I dont know that there's much I can do on my ISP front. The service I have right now is BY FAR the best I have ever had the fortune of using (and 'fortune' would not be the word I would use to describe any of the other service providers I've had to deal with). What may be an issue is the fact that I'm playing on the NA server from Europe, but I've never had too much of an issue because of that before (a tiny bit more delay than my guild mates in other games but nothing significant enough that I couldn't play competitively).

Posted

I've pretty much given up looping because of this issue. After a random number of loop iterations, the screen reloads and I either stop completely, or find myself running/riding off course. The loop I've set up has to be redone after this also. Between this problem and the slowing of horses on autopath that started last month, I find myself very discouraged regarding horse breeding...one of my favorite aspects of the game.

3 people like this

Posted

Waiting... for this... to be fixed. Patience is a virtue... Patience is a virtue, I keep telling myself. Q_Q

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Another thought: Several weeks ago, when I was getting the "Map Reload" ever 10 minutes, I created a very small loop for my wagon, so that scenery wasn't constantly loading and reloading. This was very stable and I was able to keep in sync with the server. The map reloads stopped occurring. After a half hour or so, I learned about how they don't give experience to your horses for small loops, but your wagon still loses lifespan.

>>> How about removing that experience restriction on loop size? <<<

I could find a quiet corner to run around in and it wouldn't hurt anyone...

Edited by Reiver

Posted

I learned about how they don't give experience to your horses for small loops, but your wagon still loses lifespan.

You still get some experience for it (which is better than none) and last I heard, lots of people have been reporting different results in regards to the exp decrease so who the heck knows what works and what doesn't at the moment. If it's a viable temporary workaround I'm all for giving it a try.

Posted (edited)

Giving experience for running into a wall would solve the issue quite nicely.

Well, 90% of the problem. There's still entirely random disconnects.

Edited by Reiver

Posted (edited)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So tonight I manually ran around Calpheon, Olvia and Epheria on a horse at full speed, training up "Instant Accelleration".
Not once did I rubberband and get the Map Reload.

I set up an autopath and got the map reload within 10 minutes...

Edited by Reiver
2 people like this

Posted

I've been successfully auto-looping on Cal U1 - Uno server the past 4 or 5 days, except I've got PKed during node wars a couple of times so that's frustrating but at least I am getting the majority of my AFK time in while at work. I tried doing Cal U2 last night and just stopped pathing at some point during the night so I'll just suck it up on the U1. Hope this helps others on Uno who also have been working on the same horses for way longer then they should have to >_< I've manage to finally to get 2 done. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Woke up and I set up breath training. My auto-loop was stopped, only got 3 levels. I started it again and while watching it I got a random reload and the auto loop was broken. I'm also in a guild but I've read that doesn't stop auto loops anymore. So clearly this issue is still occurring.

How exactly do you do this alt+waypoint thing?

1 person likes this

Posted

Woke up and I set up breath training. My auto-loop was stopped, only got 3 levels. I started it again and while watching it I got a random reload and the auto loop was broken. I'm also in a guild but I've read that doesn't stop auto loops anymore. So clearly this issue is still occurring.

How exactly do you do this alt+waypoint thing?

Set your autopath, then hover your mouse over your character (the path should turn green) and click while holding alt. Guild pings don't interrupt it anymore. 

It's the loading screen that breaks the loop (unless your issue is another entirely). 

I haven't had a string of disconnects in a while, but I've only tried autolooping twice since my last post. Not sure if my ISP helped, if Daum/PA did some work behind the scenes, or if it's Pingzapper that's keeping things more stable. Or maybe it's just luck :|

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you want to see the auto-loop feature break over and over here is a video I made almost 20 days ago right after the June 17th patch when this issue was introduced. These clips are taken from hours and hours of footage captured.

My support ticket #140043 still not looked at over 19 days gone by. I stopped playing this game until this issue is fixed.

Edited by lovesbunnys
3 people like this

Posted

If you want to see the auto-loop feature break over and over here is a video I made almost 20 days ago right after the June 17th patch when this issue was introduced. These clips are taken from hours and hours of footage captured.

My support ticket #140043 still not looked at over 19 days gone by. I stopped playing this game until this issue is fixed.

I have checked your ticket and could see that it was submitted to the wrong category. I've now forwarded it to the correct technicians.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

Didn't fix server stability with the maintenance... how can they add more chance to get higher horses and I can't reliably level these things :-(

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't fix server stability with the maintenance... how can they add more chance to get higher horses and I can't reliably level these things :-(

I know :(( 

1 person likes this

Posted

My tickets haven't gotten a reply either as far as I know but I dont know how to check their status outside of checking my email. I cant see a history of tickets sent through support, only ways to send more tickets.

Posted

Huh.. there's nothing there o.O

Posted

Sadly feature is still broken. I always make my loops with alt but somehow died today.

Used to work fine (before valencia I think?). I'm glad I got one T7, gave up on breeding until this is more stable.

Posted

It is indeed the latter, as only a minority of players seem to be affected by this.

During our patch on the 17th of June, we certainly did have an update on how disconnections are handled. I will try to discuss with the developers what can be done for those with bad latency.

Best regards,
GM Dew

I have 200mbps internet. I assure you even on a bad day it is enough to keep up.

Posted

Having this issue as well, along with my wife. We both get random disconnects throughout the day, and are guaranteed to be disconnected by morning after a night of AFK-looping. This never happened before the June 17th patch, as mentioned many times, and now happens all the time. Completely unable to level horses anymore, a very intended and indeed necessary feature of the game for many people, myself and my wife included.

Submitted a ticket as suggested by GM_Dew earlier in this thread. I hope this issue is resolved soon, horse breeding is an important part of the game to us.

Please.

2 people like this

Posted

There's an urban legend that Alts on your account that haven't definitively left the tutorial (killing Rednose is the marker event) will cause problems and corruption within your game and contribute to disconnects.

I can't vouch for the validity of that, but I did run all my alts through the quest series. I found one toon who hadn't killed Rednose and did not have any of the earlier quests. I couldn't determine any way to boot the black spirit into giving her the quest, so I deleted that toon.

(by the way, THANKS for the 24 timer, Daum. Seriously, why does that stupid thing exist?)

Since the toon disappeared from my account earlier this evening, I haven't had any disconnects. I'm crossing my fingers and will try to run a horse on autopath overnight.