• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Good day all long time player first time poster,

Wanted to get everyones feelings on the new fishing system.  I personally am not for roving hotspots as is my understanding with the lastest patch is what we have changed to.  I know some players dont like afk fishers.  But I would argue that for some this is a principal way of making money in game to gear characters.  I have taken my time leveling up and experiencing every aspect of the game.  Recently just joined a competitive guild for node wars and such.  Up until this point my principal ways of making money in game have been farming, grinding and fishing whether its afk or not.  With the hotspots moving now there is really no way to afk fish.  If i'm not mistaken they implemented this system in Korea and it lasted a week before it was rolled back.  Why would the American version of BDO implement a system that was overwhelmingly disagreed with in Korea?  

Players that are not max level or in the most competitive guilds do not have access to the most premium grinding spots for the best drops to make money.  Or players that do not cash shop to have the number one houses to take advantage of the investment banking system in the game need a way to make steady cash in game even if its not as good as these other methods.  I petition that the old fishing system be put back the way it was or if not that, put stationary hot spots back again just change the locations and make us find the new ones that is totally fine!  Am I the only one who is feeling the sting from this change or is everyone happy with the new fishing system?

Best Regards,

Misty

4 people like this

Posted

Good day all long time player first time poster,

Wanted to get everyones feelings on the new fishing system.  I personally am not for roving hotspots as is my understanding with the lastest patch is what we have changed to.  I know some players dont like afk fishers.  But I would argue that for some this is a principal way of making money in game to gear characters.  I have taken my time leveling up and experiencing every aspect of the game.  Recently just joined a competitive guild for node wars and such.  Up until this point my principal ways of making money in game have been farming, grinding and fishing whether its afk or not.  With the hotspots moving now there is really no way to afk fish.  If i'm not mistaken they implemented this system in Korea and it lasted a week before it was rolled back.  Why would the American version of BDO implement a system that was overwhelmingly disagreed with in Korea?  

Players that are not max level or in the most competitive guilds do not have access to the most premium grinding spots for the best drops to make money.  Or players that do not cash shop to have the number one houses to take advantage of the investment banking system in the game need a way to make steady cash in game even if its not as good as these other methods.  I petition that the old fishing system be put back the way it was or if not that, put stationary hot spots back again just change the locations and make us find the new ones that is totally fine!  Am I the only one who is feeling the sting from this change or is everyone happy with the new fishing system?

Best Regards,

Misty

If it was not broken, why fix it? I have not seen any fishers in BDO complaining about stationary hot spots before, so why would it be changed?

Posted

I totally agee with you and hope they will bring the static spots back at least to some extent!

PLEASE <3

2 people like this

Posted

They needed some way to make building boats relevant again. What better way than to force you to burn up the lifespan by chasing schools of fish around. I want to know why these schools of fish are limited to the exact same type of fish in each school.

1 person likes this

Posted

So my friend just brought up a great point.   If your fishing on a static spot you can connect the nodes and fish till your hearts content and get great money for the fish when you turn in to the trade vendor.  With roving hotspots if your even lucky enough to find one while its active.  You have to boat yourself to the proper island and activate the nodes in the area so that you can take full advantage of the cash you can make off of these fish.  Where if you dont have enough contribution points to leave all the fishing ocean nodes active all the time this can be really time consuming.  So by the time you get back to the node to fish on it, its already gone and move to another location.  To me this makes fishing almost un-usable.  Not able to make steady cash from it or level it up for that matter in a consistent way.  I suppose I'll be spending my afk time endurance and strength training from here on out as thats still viable.

2 people like this

Posted

They needed some way to make building boats relevant again. What better way than to force you to burn up the lifespan by chasing schools of fish around. 

Maybe if larger, more valuable fish were only found in deeper waters? 

Posted

I think having both systems could be good, have static hotspots that give a certain range of fish, and then have moving hotspots that give slightly rarer more valuable fish. win win right? Sadly as it stands now the current moving hotspots system means that you end up spending 90%-95% of your time looking for hotspots rather than fishing.

Right now I don't like the new system, I like what it potentially could have been but not what it currently is. Hopefully it will be adjusted in the weeks to come.

3 people like this

Posted

As a casual player who has a job and a life outside of BDO I really liked afk fishing to be able to bring in some extra money and at least "try" to stay competitive.

I mean seriously you have guys in game bidding 200mil to 400mil to reserve items.

And their worried about 2.5 mil I make in a day in afk fishing???

1 person likes this

Posted

I despise this new roving hot spot thing, and I'm usually a very open-minded player regarding changes and re-balancing.  You don't make that much money afk fishing to begin with.  And, contribution points take a long time to set up, and by the time you set them up, it's time to find a new hot spot and redo your contribution points.

What a RIDICULOUS waste of time.  I mean, if you didn't want people having this be an afk activity, why can you do it afk?  Why is there an expensive fishing rod basically designed JUST FOR people who are marathon afk fishing?

If you want to have some roving hot spots that are extra lucrative for people who are actively looking to fish on their days off, that could be cool.  But keep some of the stationary spots, for sanity's sake.

I'm very disappointed in this change.

2 people like this

Posted

Disappointed by this change too.

I actively fish, but did it to relax, a distraction if you will, while making a bit of decent money. Wasted 2 hrs yesterday sailing around, found nothing. Thats part of the game i'll no longer play, to relax i go and play other slower paced games now, like i did yesterday.

Some days i would log in for 2-3hrs, not afk fish, active fish, again, to make a bit of silver when the grind just gets too much. Some days i wont bother logging in now.

Posted

I really like some changes with this patch, but that new fishing system is the killer! why do we have afk rod, which you can upgrade? to catch green fishes at night? I spent so much time to get this rod to +7, now you can delete this item from game and no one would notice this. I found my way to this game becouse you can play this game in different ways and have fun. Now I am slowly getting tired by the "politic" of BDO aka "grind grind grind".

I really dont understand why we would kill static hot spots, for the dynamic aka new hot spots! Why dont keep both systems? Where fishing is getting flexibility and the grinding stays grinding (still top method to earn silver)?

I hope devs/game masters can would read this thread.

Posted

To be perfectly honest guys I find fishing to be a lot easier now!

You can pretty much hit a blue spot anywhere around Velia (haven't tested any other locations yet) and still get yellows/blues/shards/keys

Though I haven't seen a hot spot yet.

In addition its great to be able to fish either by myself or only a couple of other players. Having to fish with 30 others was getting a bit annoying, especially when you got picked off your boat and ended up somewhere on the other side of the map.

1 person likes this

Posted

To be perfectly honest guys I find fishing to be a lot easier now!

You can pretty much hit a blue spot anywhere around Velia (haven't tested any other locations yet) and still get yellows/blues/shards/keys

Though I haven't seen a hot spot yet.

In addition its great to be able to fish either by myself or only a couple of other players. Having to fish with 30 others was getting a bit annoying, especially when you got picked off your boat and ended up somewhere on the other side of the map.

Are you saying that there are still static blue hotspots?

Posted

Totally agree and support this thread. I have been playing this game since 3 days headstart and spent hundreds of euros on invetory expansions so that I can afk fish longer. Also upgraded afk fishing rod to +7, was planning higher but now? Whats the point. I have over 1.5bil silver in raw silver and warehouses but Im super casual and there is no freaking way I will do archeage-style fishing. It would have to be MUCH more rewarding. I dont even have time to pick up daily scrolls sometimes, so I really cant imagine active fishing with this new system.

I feel really let down by the game again yet again - especially when it comes to something I specifically spent real money on.

Please Daum fix this asap - it is a good intention there we can see that, but executed badly - make active fishing somehow more rewarding and keep afk as it was. If its the boat crafting that you are after, either increase the mats needed or reduce the durability. I have 60 workers and 30k of each timber type, 60k of each ore type and nothing craft except the timber crates, so this is where you need to fix things....

Or at least give us a good reason why you did this, crafting more boats aint one (less fishers:). The best reason imho would be that korea did it, but then it means you will revert it next week?

Posted

if they don't fix static back ...hopefully they at least rise shoftcap of contri points to something around 400 or 500 so its less stressful to link each and every island...

Posted

I love this new system, it rewards me for actually playing the game. There are still many static points out there on the sea so you can AFK fish, but they're all blue spots. You should not ever be able to afk gold spots, that's retarded and was broken.

Posted

absolutely love the changes, i feel like im actually doing something now.

Posted

Thanks all for the replies I welcome all positive and negative comments on the system.  I can totally appreciate and understand the mentality that afk fishing gold spots was unbalanced and if your not actively playing the game perhaps your bringing in to much money.  In all honestly though being a low level that certainly wasnt the case for me.  If I went to a gold spot for example setup and went afk before bed.  Getting up the next day I would only bring down 300 - 400k on a good night.  For a low level I did really appreciate that income.  

My other argument to some who would say afk fishing was unbalanced and those folks who do so are getting to much money.  From an economic perspective the more folks in game that have money.  They have a larger bank account and are more willing to buy other products on the Market Place that w/o that money would not be so inclined to purchase.  To me more money in the market means more spending power for the player base as a whole.  Regardless if you disagree with afk fishing or not I cant see more folks being able to buy stuff as a bad thing.

Regards,

Misty

Posted (edited)

I just connected a few zones with my contribution, and I'm only sailing in those waters and I'm finding a lot of gspots.

They should only last a bit longer...

Edited by Collz

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0